Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: how risky is day trading?  (Read 2369 times)
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:31:36 AM

I never tried to do it, because I don't want to risk my coins, but I confess that I'm quite curious about it. I know everyone says its very hard to day trade, but since crypto is so volatile, shouldn't it be easy? If I'm not mistaken when people day trade, they ask for very small variations in the price, so during an entire day, how is t possible for them not to get the price they are asking? Day traders are usually happy with 1% to 5% daily profit, doesn't bitcoin vary much more than this on any given day? So how hard can it be for them to trade somewhere in the middle, and get at list 1% profit variation.

I apologize if I'm saying something very stupid, like I said I never tried to, because I heard everyone saying it's very hard. I always get the impression that if people don't use stop losses, and just wait for the market to go their way eventually, they should at least get 1% profit, but I guess I'm wrong.
We are so the same. I also never tried even once in trading but curiosity bites me that is why i kept on reading comments in this section for me to have inputs ideas about how trading really works. I got some ideas already by just reading this section but i guess im not knowlegable enough to be into trading yet. I still need futher research on how it goes deeply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:00:23 AM

day training involves high risk as the Bitcoin rate will pump and dump as well surprisingly.  Plus the the transaction fees forin or loose deal.  But this is the game of trading and the fees are business as usual. But i believe it is still worth the try,  if you want to expect more,  work hard more and it will pay you off.
rejin29x

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:15:38 AM

After observation in a long time, I realized that Bitcoin is more suitable for the long-term investment instead of daily trading. Because its price always have growth trend and it only reduces when there is some special news. Therefore, if you can catch the news right time, you will panic sell easily
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:30:00 AM

After observation in a long time, I realized that Bitcoin is more suitable for the long-term investment instead of daily trading. Because its price always have growth trend and it only reduces when there is some special news. Therefore, if you can catch the news right time, you will panic sell easily

Yes bitcoin is the best for long term trading, if there are alternative choice for it i will go for ethereum for being the best for long term trade. I don't like day trading because its even more risky and i need to check the value of it from time to time. Its really time consuming.

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:29:13 PM

Trading looks very much as driving: if you know how to drive and you put attention, usually you arrive safe to destination.
Of course, if you drive in a reckless way the danger of accidents increases.
But even if you drive very cautiously you're never sure that a truck won't crush you ...

Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:53:09 AM

You should incur the risk since it is part of the business but I think if there is a risk it is small unless there are unexpected events that leads to abnormal loss but this phenomena are not always occur.
marqonah

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:34:22 PM

With the unpredictable changes in bitcoin price people have chose to hold instead of day trading,I mean the majority have.
How risky is day trading at the moment?
bitcoin price is difficult to predict, but it does not prevent trading and hold. if in trading you do not use a good strategy, and do trading in a hurry, then the risk will be great, and impact on your own trade.but if you are patient and careful in running bitcoin trading, then the chances of the risk will be small.
if the bitcoin price is unstable, it is better to hold for a while, but also monitor the bitcoin price graph.
Cryptoforus Columbus

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:42:29 PM

Anything is risky, in trading. Of course, with so high volatility, day trading can be very dangerous to an inexperienced trader.
CoinTxnBTC

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:48:46 PM

High risk high reward. Volatility nowadays can go up to 10% per day.
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:53:22 PM

With the unpredictable changes in bitcoin price people have chose to hold instead of day trading,I mean the majority have.
bitcoin price is difficult to predict, but it does not prevent trading and hold. if in trading you do not use a good strategy, and do trading in a hurry, then the risk will be great, and impact on your own trade.but if you are patient and careful in running bitcoin trading, then the chances of the risk will be small.
if the bitcoin price is unstable, it is better to hold for a while, but also monitor the bitcoin price graph.
It is really risky, I have tried daily trading and its going crazy as I haven't done anything in a day but just to see the price every 5 minutes and I don't like that kind since I felt that I am retarded, so what I am going not is to invest in a good coin, and just hold as much as possible.
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:04:30 PM

You can see that bitcoin is always influenced by a lot of factors, regardless of the small bitcoin-related effects or information that impact the market as bitcoin is a valuable currency and image. the most to the market. I think we need to constantly monitor the information, analyze the chart so that we can capture the moment when it is appropriate to catch up with bitcoin pricing and the risks surrounding it.
Miracleismyidol

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:07:46 PM

I think that with a constantly fluctuating market and very difficult to guess as at the present time, it is sure that when investing in bitcoin will have many risks and risks. It can be seen that bitcoin prices are fluctuating continuously in the past days and the current time is falling extremely strong. Therefore, you need to find out thoroughly before investing, capture all the market information and from that specific plan for yourself.
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:42:51 AM

In day trading , you have the chart and media influence for your reference in holding day trading business. But the reality, bitcoin is questionable because we don't have assurance and how sure we are in investing to it. This is like a gambling theory where in, you put your money at risk,  I even invest bitcoin through my got feel, The higher the risk, the higher we get profit. Its my instinct to excite what may happen next to my investment. This is fun:)
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:20:44 PM

I have no experience of day trading, even i avoid it to do day trading. I think in this wise, we can't earn a lot of profit. If you buy coins and hold it for a time then you will get big profit without any difficulty. But now a days it is true we can't predict about bitcoin price that is why day trading is best for some traders who can do it easily.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:08:21 PM

I have no experience of day trading, even i avoid it to do day trading. I think in this wise, we can't earn a lot of profit. If you buy coins and hold it for a time then you will get big profit without any difficulty. But now a days it is true we can't predict about bitcoin price that is why day trading is best for some traders who can do it easily.

It is so much risky and it is really hard to do day trading so for those who were doing this just make sure that you do have ample time to check regularly the coins you are investing at, it consumes time but so worth it if you can have a profit daily.
Beremat

Activity: 263

YGOLD is a Defi platform

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:14:55 PM

the market is dropping too much now and the best way is holding. You cant do anything because the game belongs the whales and sharks now. Let's wait until the storm finishes

angrynerd88

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:23:16 AM

Risk factor involve every where but it is also experienced that more risk more profit.Study more about market and take decisions at time do not buy or sell in panic learn to be patient.Reading habit increase knowledge which help to trader properly.

Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:26:35 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 10:01:08 AM by Rebisco

Day trading with altcoins are really profitable technique but the day trading with altcoins are extremely risky. You can easily lose your money if you don't have enough knowledge about altcoins.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:00:01 AM

Trading cryptocurrency is not simple job. There are now a lot of traders who quitted because they lose big amount of money. If you want to become successful trader, you should be brave and have courage to face all of the challenges and obstacles.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:15:18 AM

The reason why day trading with altcoins ks risky job because there are altcoins that can be considered as bubble. Some of the altcoins can be considered also a shitcoins so it can leads you to lose your money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: