Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ♨♨♨ Top 10 Reasons To Sell Bitcoin Now ♨♨♨  (Read 1299 times)
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:31:27 PM

I would only sell if I needed the money.

I don’t find any reason aside from this, bitcoin is amazing and it can gives you big profit so better to invest on it for good. But yeah, some people are scared because they think bitcoin is bubble but you have to believe that this is our future.
MinarchistCoin

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:29:35 AM

I stop reading at "Bitcoin can be hacked"

I hope you're being paid to post this nonsense.

wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:43:40 AM

I have no that many reason why to sell bitcoin. I only have 1 reason that is i have gotten profit from buy lower in the past.
If i dont get profit in the recent price, i will hold the bitcoin then.
ShortCoins (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:44:09 AM

I stop reading at "Bitcoin can be hacked"

That is your choice to not be informed. Anything on the internet can be hacked

Here is an article from days ago about a bitcoin mining platform getting hacked:

Just search for News on NiceHash Hack:
bitcoin-stolen-in-hack-on-nicehash-cryptocurrency-mining-marketplace.html

Hackers got away with $60 million worth of bitcoin after a cyber attack hit the cryptocurrency mining platform NiceHash
WhichIsGood

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:15:03 AM

Well, i only have one reason. Profit. This is reality. People invest because they expect to have profits. I doubt anyone holding bitcoin right now will continue to hold bitcoin forever because reality will not permit that. I don't suppose you continue to hold your bitcoin until you die because what is the point in that? At the end of the day, it all comes down to profit making. You might say that Bitcoin was created for certain purposes(decentralization and etc...), but all i could see right now is that people involving themselves with Bitcoin basically for the reason of gaining profits.

Tuare aget

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:19:11 AM

Bitcoin is good to hold in my opinion, no big reason to sell bitcoin now although the price is high.
Why do i sell bitcoin? I sell my bitcoin because i wnt to convert to altcoin like etherium and later again to bitcoin.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:24:15 AM

1. The price is through the roof
2. There are already 1380 other crypto currencies
3. Anything on the internet can be hacked
4. The fees are way too much to transfer funds
5. 1000 people control the addresses of 50% of the bitcoin
6. Bitcoin might crash on December 18th when futures start
7. It appears to be near the bubble
8. The volatility is insane and unpredictable
9. Bitcoin was only worth $0.003 each in 2010 and could drop back to that level
10. The only way to collect profits is to cash out before it crashes

Most of these 'reasons' are irrelevant. For example, reason #2, so what? ~99.99% of them are going nowhere because they bring nothing to the table, and exist only to try line the pockets of those who mined early.

Reason #3 really isn't a reason to sell.

Now reason #8 is why a lot of people sell, often to try buy again on the drop. Who knows when it will all go tits up but I'm being cautious. I've been very cautious over the years, which is why I've made tens of thousands and not hundreds of thousands like those who had stronger hands...

ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:31:09 AM

The point of the thread is to provide reasons to sell Bitcoin

Its cool that everyone wants to analyze my own personal top 10 reason LOL. But this thread is being used to provide your own reasons  Grin
CryptoBeetle

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:46:47 AM

Yes it can get a bit daunting as of this point. But I strongly believe Bitcoin is powerful - at least at this point so it's good to take the chance and make the most out of it.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:09:40 AM

I think the best reason to sell is to collect the profits before the bubble crashes
RealJoshuar

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:22:59 AM

I was going to leave this post without saying anything but this reply caught my attention.
1. The price is through the roof

I have no idea how this makes it a reason to sell except if you can look at the facts from a long distance and don't take the time to research a bit into it.
Back in 2015 the price of 1000 was incredible and unbelievable. This is because the price at that point was about $250. That's a profit x4 ! And it happened just like that before we could even believe it.
And when the price hit that point, there was people just like you (exactly like you) who were telling us to sell as that's the highest it can ever become. A lot of people sold and were totally happy with the profits they made.

Oh let's just imagine how much MORE they could've made by NOT believing what the "people" said and held onto now. I'm not gonna calculate it you can do the math but we can say it's well more than 60 times !! Do you imagine ?
That's exactly why I'm not gonna sell any time soon. Keep saying whatever you want.

2. There are already 1380 other crypto currencies

BTC ain't one of them.

3. Bitcoin can be hacked
Prove it. Please hack the address on my profile and transfer them to your account.

4. The fees are way too much to transfer funds
On point but will get solved eventually

5. 1000 people control the addresses of 50% of the bitcoin
Jeff Bezon got 97 billion dollars. Bill Gates has 90 billion dollars. And the list goes on.  Got anything to say ? Plus those numbers aren't even accurate.

7. It appears to be near the bubble
8. The volatility is insane and unpredictable
9. Bitcoin was only worth $0.003 each in 2010 and could drop back to that level
10. The only way to collect profits is to cash out before it crashes

Just LOL. I guess my first part of the quote cleared all this uselessness.

All wrong. The distribution of Fiat is much more even compared to Bitcoin's distribution. Bitcoin can be hacked. Not right now, but in a decade most definitely due to quantamn computing. And the big issue, which really destroys bitcoin's security, is that coins can not be recovered if lost. So, in the future if Bitcoin is "hacked" into, and something happens to your wallet, it's gone forever. In the case of Fiat, if a bank is hacked then they'll simply reimburse you for the funds, at least USD and Euro. Bitcoin has no such protection. The average person will never adopt Bitcoin because of that(not evne mentioning the extreme volatility and extremely high fees, slowness, etc),  mark my words
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:58:47 AM

I think the majority of the profits have already been made on bitcoin. The only way to realize the profits is to cash out before bitcoin drops in price. At $17,000 USD I believe that is a great exit price. You can always re-enter at a lower price in the future. With fees getting higher and wait times getting longer to sell, I learn toward selling bitcoin before it gets too bad
postokenlover

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:04:41 AM

I have sold a part of the bitcoin. The reason is simple, that is what I want my own way of life to do what I want to do. It's not just a lifetime of bitcoin. Bitcoin profit is just a part of my life, and I have a lot more important than this to do.
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:33:52 AM

Its smart to lock up the profits now and only risk a tiny % of your overall portfolio in bitcoin
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:09:35 AM

What are your top reasons to sell bitcoin?

PLEASE DONT Spam the board with anything except reasons to SELL BITCOIN. There are other threads for that

Top 10 is too much.
First is for emergency situation or for urgent need i withdraw my bitcoin.
Second is for trading and buying altcoins in market exchange sites.
Third and last one is to invest on ICO's project.
These are my 3 reason why i sell my bitcoin from my crypto wallet.
phips28

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:24:55 AM

everyone said the same for dec 10th (CBOE futures start) - nothing significantly changed

🤖 Developer (Web, Bot, Server), looking for projects 🚀 Telegram: https://t.me/phips28
Ginos

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:32:29 AM

have you seen what happens to litecoin  today ?
why is not possible the same be with bitcoin  you may wake up tomorrow and find it jumped
ShortCoins (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:08:31 AM

What are your top reasons for selling bitcoin?
MoonHodler

Activity: 114

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:32:05 AM

reason 1: to buy something from someone who only accepts dollars
reason 2: to reduce the risk of bitcoin's volatility
reason 3: fear

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:44:45 AM

Reason to Sel:

Medical emergency, family emergency.

Otherwise: HODL

Sure Bitcoin merchant adoption has slowed down, that's expected...  I mean think about it... if you had $500 USD in your wallet and the same value in BTC in your mobile crypto wallet and you walked into a electronics store to buy a laptop. .... would you spend the $500 USD in ur wallet or the $500 worth of BTC in your crypto wallet on getting a new laptop? - considering BTC has been going through the roof..the $500 worth of BTC could be worth $700 in a week... but the $500 of USD is still going to be $500 in even 6 months......many merchants are slowing down adoption because many bitcoiners are starting to see that BTC makes more sense as a store for value than a transactional currency. I think BTC will be used for saving and for large purchases like houses/cars etc.. and not for your day to day transactional usage... like buying a cup of coffee of grocery shopping. Using it for large purchases would make the slow transaction times not a major issue... I mean it's not a big deal waiting 30mins for a payment to go through when you buying a house or a car.... but it is a big deal when you sitting in the drive-thru at McDonald's and you want to pay with BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: