Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Universal Community Coin (Open Source, no asics)everyone able to mine?
Will Support
Won't Support
Will Donate
Won't Donate
Will Collaborate
Won't Collaborate

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So Many AltCoins,- How about creating Universal One?  (Read 1847 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
biaka (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:11:30 AM

Oh yeah great idea, get people in undeveloped countries to use insecure money so script kiddies all over the developed world can take their money, brilliant.

-MarkM-

Isn't it Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whitedragon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:22:49 AM

So many fiat currencies out there....can't we just create a universal one to use globally?   Roll Eyes
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:25:39 AM

We have a universal coin, Its called Bitcoin
but that attempt failed
Wait... Bitcoin "failed"?

yes., people here consider it a success merely based on its price vs USD.

however as an actual useable currency its a fail.

hell even look at its homepage the benefits listed simply are not true.

As an actual useable currency it is in progress.

actually its getting worse

one of the focus' of satoshi's white paper was that the big banks fee's hinders micro transactions and btc was developed to overcome this Sad
AgentME

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:35:48 AM

Has it ever been proposed before?
We have a universal coin, Its called BitCoin

Sure, but topic is not about BTCCoin here.

Imagine people in undeveloped countries? They will never be able to mine BitCoin.
What they do have is some older machines still capable to mine, so they could get some taste of Freedom.
Also, I really like a few ideas of others to create coin where with older machine solo mining is promoted and new people get some incentive just as they start to mine.

Mining isn't the point of bitcoin. Most people who use the dollar will never get to print their own dollars either. That's not exactly a flaw.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 12:38:27 AM

So many fiat currencies out there....can't we just create a universal one to use globally?   Roll Eyes

Sure. Remember to let eveyone know when its ready for release, so someone can clone it.  Cheesy   Grin

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:43:58 AM

We have a universal coin, Its called BitCoin

Imagine people in undeveloped countries? They will never be able to mine BitCoin.
What they do have is some older machines still capable to mine, so they could get some taste of Freedom.
Also, I really like a few ideas of others to create coin where with older machine solo mining is promoted and new people get some incentive just as they start to mine.

Mining isn't the point of bitcoin. Most people who use the dollar will never get to print their own dollars either. That's not exactly a flaw.

yeah but if only an elite circle get to mine then its no better then the fiat elite who print the money? no?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 12:45:09 AM

So parachute crates of ASICs into the third world...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
biaka (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:52:47 AM

That's The Spirit!

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:54:44 AM

thought thats what the US was doing with the USD.....well they're certainly printing enough of them for everyone  Wink
biaka (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:56:32 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 08:02:25 AM by biaka

So many fiat currencies out there....can't we just create a universal one to use globally?   Roll Eyes

Sure. Remember to let everyone know when its ready for release, so someone can clone it.  Cheesy   Grin

Clone it, but to the better clone Wink that's how intellect develops....
(example) how bacteria develops to live in chemical reactor:
1: by learning
2: by adopting
whitedragon

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:00:51 AM

thought thats what the US was doing with the USD.....well they're certainly printing enough of them for everyone  Wink

You got that right!   Grin
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:06:14 AM

Just what we need another coin!

AgentME

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 02:13:41 AM

How about, instead of having a coin that has the block reward halve over time or go down when difficulty goes up, we had a coin where the block reward increased over time? Then everyone can mine profitably! /s
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:20:30 AM

let me guess, your going to create it?

The topic of this poll is:

"Universal Community Coin (Open Source, no asics) everyone able to mine."

It also makes me sad that many users on this forum have no idea what open source is.

makes me even sader that people develop a crypto in order to mine Sad

Not only sad, but scary

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 10:33:04 AM

So parachute crates of ASICs into the third world...

-MarkM-

Along with solar panels and DSL connections.
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:51:04 PM

I like this idea too, and I think it was the original vision for Bitcoin. By the time it became clear that GPU mining would dominate, it was already too late to do anything about it. ASICs just make a bad situation worse.

Universal mining on CPU would have seen a much wider spread and adoption of Bitcoin during the press frenzy - the lack of GPU resistivity was a major flaw that has hindered Bitcoin. Tenebrix->Fairbrix->Litecoin sought to address this, but they have all failed in this objective where GPU miners dominate.

I'm currently creating an altcoin with universal CPU mining ability. Send me a private message if you'd like to be in the beta.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 12:58:23 PM

That really sounds hilarious Smiley I bet these people in undeveloped countries aren't sad because they don't have the hardware to mine BTC, I think they are sad because their life is hard and their peers are savages  Cheesy Aint no coin gonna to change that neither
i.Bitcoin

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:11:19 PM

Yes, look at Alternate cryptocurrencies forum.
Everyday some new-coins have been made.
If all of these creators could get together would be great to have Universal One!

How about 'Global Miner's UNION'
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: