Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:11:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9  (Read 4927 times)
nemopowertools (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:35:55 PM

Long story short, I moved to China 4 years ago, have my own factory in shenzhen making power tools.
Asked my staff to contact bitmain and try to get to the most senior person they can get to.
I tried to get information about the next generation of miners, release dates and so on.
The answer was pretty much - no.
My staff who speak Mandarin told me that it doesn't sound like they're planning to release an "s11" in the next year or so.

However, I was able to get them to promise a quote for 500 S9 antminers which they will ship to me before they make them avilable on their website to the general public.

I'm supposed to get the quote by the end of the week.

I have a 2000 square foot factory floor in shenzhen and I pay around 8 cents per Kw/h.
I'm thinking of doing a group buy for these miners, buy 100 for myself and let 400 others buy with me and either ship it to them or run the machines at my factory for a small fee to cover a full time IT guy ( $1500/m) and rent / electricity.

Wondering how many of you would want to participate in something like this. If there is enough interest, I'll open some sort of a closed FB group or talagram group where you can tell the IT guy exactly how you want your machine to be set up, which pool / address to point the machine to and ship out the hardware to you if you decide to mine by yourself at any point.

Please comment if you're interested to be added to such a group.
Cheers.
Nimo
Ukcryptominer

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:41:06 PM

right and price wise what did they say for 500 units?

escrap

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:44:33 AM

I'm in.
tmh14

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:24:08 AM

I'm in
nemopowertools (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 12:24:50 PM

I'm getting the quote tomorrow or the day after.
I'll update when I get it.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:43:58 PM

Call me skeptical but 1 post newbie's jumping on another newbie's great deal just screams red flag to me.

Also a little strange they both posted the exact same comment  Roll Eyes

Seems dubious Bitmain would promise to ship you 500 units before releasing to the general public too and no mention of Escrow.

Will participants in your group buy be sending payment directly to Bitmain?

escrap

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:42:04 AM

Call me skeptical but 1 post newbie's jumping on another newbie's great deal just screams red flag to me.

Also a little strange they both posted the exact same comment  Roll Eyes

Seems dubious Bitmain would promise to ship you 500 units before releasing to the general public too and no mention of Escrow.

Will participants in your group buy be sending payment directly to Bitmain?

hehe...I am a real person.Trust me even though I show newbie, I know better...I've had lots of the Facebook scammers trying to take my money...of course the only way to make something legitimiate is through a source that backs and says the transaction is real (ebay) or in person (kijiji)...anyways, I'm curious to see what this guys purposal is...
bit_wizard

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:06:05 AM

Get the 500 in hand and take pictures. You'll have them sold in no time.
Split a flight for me to come see your facility in China and I'll make a review for the forum to see. That will bring hosting interests.
nemopowertools (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:15:29 AM

Get the 500 in hand and take pictures. You'll have them sold in no time.
Split a flight for me to come see your facility in China and I'll make a review for the forum to see. That will bring hosting interests.

Hi
You're welcome to come checkout my factory. I won't split a flight with you, but if you come, I'll set you up with an apartment near my factory for a couple nights.
We're in longhua shenzhen.
Address:深圳龙华新区三联村墩背工业区2号星宝MotiB 2楼 尼摩电动工具有限公司
No.2 DunBei Industrial District SanLian, LongHua new district,                       Shenzhen,Guangdong,China,Zip code: 518109

Anybody from this forum is welcome to come visit regardless of whether or not this group buy will happen. Just write me ahead of time if you're coming to make sure I'm around.

I'm not planning on scamming anybody. I'm the CEO of NemoPowerTools.com and I'm interested in crypto since 2011

Once there is enough interest, I'll do a live stream or skype call from my factory.
Let's wait a day or two until I get the quote from Bitmain.

Cheers.
jhausky

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:10:36 AM

I'm in too, if you get a good price Smiley Would also be interested in visiting your factory in China!
CryptoHodler30

Activity: 112
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:08:09 PM

I am in too if this is legit and the price is fair. also dependent on how payments are arranged
keetcon

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:08:50 PM

I could be in for a few, depending on the arrangement.

please keep us updated!
MinerMEDIC

Activity: 166
Merit: 82

EET/NASA intern 2013 Bitmain/MicroBT/IPC cert

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:17:29 PM

To bad you are so far away, not that I couldn't enjoy the visit though. Anyways, sounds like you might be in the need for a board level technician sometime in the future(I don't see you sending boards overseas to have the basics reworked unfortunately). On the investment side however I would love to and on the ground floor of the creation of a new farm, please count me in as well.

I've been around since Mt Gox, Hashfast, and now Nice Hash, I am convinced that an extensively diverse bitcoin portfolio is the way to minimize the inherent risk. Right now I am in multiple cloud services and coin, soon I will be in hardware personally as well, so I think getting in early on a farm Fits my model perfectly. At the moment I don't see any way my technical expertise can be of use but if there is anyway it can be, I'm at your disposal.

J

---Hi, I'm Juergen "Jay" & I TEACH and REPAIR ASIC HASHBOARDS-- Purdue AS EET -- MinerMEDIC is NOW FREELANCE in Chicago!
kindaibtc

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:47:03 PM

Also interested if legit. Would look to take 1 or 2 pallets worth (including PSU's) off your hands.
1manshow

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:08:51 PM

I'm in as well. I would be more interested in getting miners shipped to my location though it's out of China. Hope you agree. Thanks.

Plz pm me as I may not be able to check further updates in thread itself. So just buzz at PM so that I can look around. Would be interested in buying around 10 pcs and can be more if the pricing is great.
fabfab82

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 09:04:04 PM

I am also interested.

Fabian
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:08:32 AM

Lol dude signs up a few days ago and is like yeah im gonna grab 500 units just send me your BTC yo!
btc-haze

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:17:03 AM

are you already mining at your factory ? a few pics of some machines that are already running would be nice
openagain

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:06:25 PM

im in
nemopowertools (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:01:33 PM

are you already mining at your factory ? a few pics of some machines that are already running would be nice

There you go.
BTW I'm not going to ask anybody to send me any money/BTC .. I'm talking to them about paying directly to Bitmain.
Gosh some people around here are cynical assholes.

https://ibb.co/bTJ3Pm
https://ibb.co/cMXV4m

I don't have 500 yet, but it's a start (:
In any case it doesn't seem like there is enough interest at this point to get this done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: