Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:16:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you really believe Satoshi is real??  (Read 5761 times)
Eri

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:28:46 AM

This thread is just full of awesome Smiley and i had been thinking "if satoshi ever came forward, or died and someone wanted to prove this person was satoshi, how could they?" at this point in time, anyone could impersonate him unless he has a few people he talks to through secure means, but then... how do WE believe them, i mean Really believe them? well i was rummaging through some stuff and found this lil gem, i don't know much about it but thought it was worth sharing since this thread showed up.

check out the last paragraph under "Standard relaying" https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Network#Standard_relaying

the important parts,

"Network alerts are broadcast with alert messages. these contain the entire alert. If a received alert is valid (signed by Satoshi), it is relayed to all peers. For as long as an alert is still in effect, it is rebroadcast at the start of every new connection."

now i personally find that Awesome. if im understanding that right.. he could literally prove who he is by using his private key to a sign a message and send it via the client(?) to everyone! would be awesome to see a message from him like that or something, makes me wonder if there is any code in the client to display such 'alerts' or what they might be used for if not to be displayed.

to verify that we would need his public key, makes me wonder if its a regular bitcoin address and if so, can we look it up. doubt it would have any bitcoins on it.. but meh would be neat just to check!

oh... and satoshi's real identity -> AI from the future that created bitcoins and funneled them into accounts so the AI has access to massive wealth when bitcoin is the global currency. don't supposed anyone wants to come up with a Science fiction story about "satoshi's true identity and why he created bitcoins?"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 08:08:51 AM

Also the project really isn't a success. A lot of progress still has to be made. Security is still an issue along with sites still growing. Anyone ever even talk to him? I'm not saying he isn't real I'm just putting this out there.
Security is an issue with 3rd party sites still growing. You're confusing Bitcoin and 3rd parties that take advantage of Bitcoin.

PS - Satoshi is an alien. Everyone knows that.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
beeph

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:22:41 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 09:34:27 AM by beeph

People tried tracking him back in 2010, turns out some of the emails he sent originate from internet cafe's and public libraries in Tokyo. So the person at least physically resides there. I'd say there is a high likelihood he is of Japanese descent as well.

Why does perfect English have to mean he is not natively Japanese?
Considering his staggering expertise in cryptography, programming and mathematics I wouldn't say it's too far-fetched to think he is extremely well-educated, maybe even self-learned.

Not being from the UK or USA doesn't automatically mean you make grammatical errors, spelling mistakes or use poor language.

#1 jack of diamonds.. so how good's your japanese?

all kidding aside.. never seen a japanese who could speak english fluently and i've worked at the honda plant, in utsunomiya japan, and worked on a toyota program for 5 years.  There may be a few but based on personal experience the odds would be 100,000:1 +

To them, speaking english is almost a dishonor...

But some of them can write english passibly.. you'd still notice alot of mistakes/errors unless he had someone edit for him.  But 99% likely at least his mouthpiece is not native japanese.

Also i dont think his expertise in cryptography or math is 'staggering' and his programming is definitely not.  The dumbest, bucktoothiest native japanese guy can speak japanese better than Stephen Hawking could if he studied japanese for 20 years.  IMHO.  People overestimate the variation in intelligence on the grand scale, the smartest human is probably 1% smarter than an average human, on a universal scale.

bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 09:36:19 AM

Is Michio Kaku Japanese? He speaks English almost too well.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
beeph

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 09:52:32 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 10:19:02 AM by beeph

Is Michio Kaku Japanese? He speaks English almost too well.

he's american, looks like 3rd generation, so more american than I am, even.   His father was born in california and spoke very little english.  His grandfather was put in a relocation camp during WWII.. so there isnt much margin for error with japanese speakers.   It's not like japan is mexico where people just hop across the border.. this was a major, proud, industrial power who we were at vicious vicious war with a short 60-70 years ago.  Not much time to mend fences and train perfect english speakers.  

Consider that guy's incredibly brilliant and his father couldnt speak english, even though he was born in america - who was probably no dummy.

Even with all that, a guy like michio kaku is about as rare as my blond haired blue eyed american boss who spoke fluent japanese.  Japanese literally stood back in awe - it's that rare.  Japan is the America of Asia.. they do the conquering.  They force OTHER countries to learn THEIR language, they dont learn barbarian languages.  How many people in spain speak incan and how many white babies in america learn cherokee?

Satoshi is american/UK/aussie whatever .. maybe not necessarily white.. but he's american.. IMHO .. expat living in japan, or like i said has a mouthpiece who fits said criteria.

When's the last time a japanese invented anything like this anyway?  open source crazy anarchist type stuff.. does that SOUND japanese to you?  The nail that sticks out in japan... gets POUNDED in.

<--- knows the REAL reason mt gox cant find anyone to work with them..  a healthy combination of racism and dislike for the new, and respect for authority/law.. If they worked for these 'gaijin' and bitcoins turned out to be contrary to the good of japan, outlawed, or worse.. a scam, they'd be branded for life and literally probably commit suicide.
mouse

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:54:12 AM

This year I took Japanese at my university. I've just been going back through their email announcements for this year and it's impossible to tell that are native Japanese. Speak to them in person, however, and it's a dead giveaway.
m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 10:56:43 AM

No, bitcoin was not created by a Japanese.  However, bitcoin2 will be Japanese, and it will run perfectly if a little boring.
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 11:31:19 AM

It would be interesting to see an analysis of the code with an eye to determining author(s) styles.  Many have opined that this must be a project undertaken by many. 
walidzohair

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 12:14:31 PM

Maybe he is from the matrix .. and  just appeared to sabotage the Xeon economy. anyway .. his P2P jobs are excellent .. starting with economy.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 12:36:37 PM

It would be interesting to see an analysis of the code with an eye to determining author(s) styles.  Many have opined that this must be a project undertaken by many. 

Maybe you could oust the identity of satoshi by comparing his style across open source C++ codebase.

Superform

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 12:45:41 PM

i thought it was already known that bitcoin was a CIA experiment?
phatsphere

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 01:04:03 PM

the paper has two spaces after each ".". that's "old" us-amercian typography. so i guess he is rather older, probably cia or military intelligence background, or knows how to fake identities very well.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 01:05:43 PM

Satoshi is an AI  Grin.
Satoshi is from the future  Cool
i thought it was already known that bitcoin was a CIA experiment?
PS - Satoshi is an alien. Everyone knows that.
whatever he/she/it is if is reading these would laugh alot   Tongue
mouse

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 01:16:51 PM

the paper has two spaces after each ".". that's "old" us-amercian typography. so i guess he is rather older, probably cia or military intelligence background, or knows how to fake identities very well.

Lol. My ex always used double-spacing. She was a typist, living in Australia. That's how they are trained.
Anonymous

July 04, 2011, 01:23:51 PM

The bitcoin client isnt very secure and neither is mt gox so thats another thing in common .
 Tongue
Eri

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 01:54:01 PM

OK tinfoil hat time folks! and i cant believe im saying this. regardless this would make for a cool movie.

interestingly, TOR was originally made by the govt and released as open source so others would further develop it and use it. this gave the govt the ability to easily communicate anonymously using it from anywhere with plenty of background noise(other users). heck the govt /still/ pays for 50% of TOR's funding!(its in their financial statements they publish)

Bitcoins are the perfect counterpart to this.

TOR doesn't seem like something the govt would have made and i was surprised that they made it and released it open source and still fund it to this day. so to say that bitcoin might be made by the CIA or govt is not far fetched at all. if this is any kind of evidence, it shows they have a vested interest in it but don't want to be the primary developers.

TOR was originally created by the govt and released as open source
bitcoin was originally created by "satoshi" and released as open source

TOR was 'abandoned' leaving development to the public
bitcoin is also 'abandoned' leaving its development to the public.

TOR is partially funded by the govt
bitcoin... no way to know. but if they haven't funded it yet, when the currency gains more ground, they may.(easier to hide then)

TOR is to communicate anonymously
bitcoin is to transfer funds anonymously

so i submit.. satoshi is just a name the govt used.

what are the chances of bitcoin dieing? 0%
chances of bitcoin taking over? we and the govt can only hope it does.

ok now this is where i put tinfoil on my windows and start using metal tape on the gaps and stop caring about evidence! sort of >_>

with that huge amount of btc sitting around... (the stolen ones), maybe just maybe... the govt has it Smiley and they simply announced the BTC was stolen, or they stole it themselves.  they are going to let it sit there for a long time and the govt can wait Forever for this to happen or give it a few pushes if need be. when bitcoins take over as the global currency, those same stolen bitcoins are going to be worth SO much more and will be so much easier to move. if your looking to make money from nowhere and to boost a countries financial position, This is one hell of a way to do it. the Really crazy part about this, it lets them make "REAL" currency out of nothing. its about the same as finding pure gold buried in the ground. only the govt simply needs to wait for the currency to mature before they can take advantage of its future and potential worth. the craziest part of all of this is that it helps them in a MASSIVE way and helps everyone else at the same time with a better currency overall. heck it might even drop the price of gold if gold ceases to store value and is only good for making jewelry and electronics, interestingly... having the "benefit" of making countries that rely on gold effectively "poor" in comparison. one hell of a masterful way to reshuffle a deck. and with the economy the way it is everywhere and necessity being the mother of invention, having a currency that cant be inflated or deflated will really make people come flocking to it. basically a way for us all to start over. remember, Nobody can cease your bitcoins to collect on debt nor prove that you even have them! its not possible with this currency. this may all sound crazy and have no evidence, but i like it! and so does my inner anarchist >Tongue

ok.. enough conspiracy theories ... for now. however i for one am sleeping with my tinfoil hat on tonight and possibly all week Smiley
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 02:31:50 PM

oh... and satoshi's real identity -> AI from the future that created bitcoins and funneled them into accounts so the AI has access to massive wealth when bitcoin is the global currency. don't supposed anyone wants to come up with a Science fiction story about "satoshi's true identity and why he created bitcoins?"

Install "Battle for Wesnoth" version 1.8 and look for my campaigns in its add-ons system.

Grab the one called "Between the Worlds", and choose the "Time Lord" option when picking which character to play.

When you are well along in your Time Cadet training you should find clues to further studies, not all of which use the Battle for Wesnoth software as their client software. (Battle for Wesnoth is more a way of presenting past events than a tool for influencing events going forward...)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 02:51:12 PM

I was one of those that "opined" back on June 25, with:

"I believe it would be relatively simple for any one here to figure out who Satoshi Nakamoto if they took a little time to do this: http://www.lexifab.com/2010/07/stylometry/

Excerpt from site above: Stylometry is a set of techniques used to identify the author of a work. It can be applied to fine arts and music, but in linguistics, stylometry is utilized to identify anonymous authors and determine forgeries.

I think there's a enough written by Satoshi Nakamoto to compare his/hers writing style to the writing style of any other person's style you care to compare.

Maybe someone would like to start a tread on Stylometry to get the ball rolling. I believe that within 24 hours we'll have a match with over 95% certainty."
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:05:30 PM

If (s)he had just picked a normal hacker name this would be less mysterious.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
hiVe

Activity: 254

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 04:21:36 PM

who likes Hungarian Notation

Now how do you figure that?

His surname is Hungarian,
and so is the name of the guy who runs the largest bitcoin exchange in the world,
which just coincidentally happens to be run in Japan.

Mark Karpelés and Nick Szabo also both write fluent English and have common angloamerican first names atypical to their countries (unless both were really born in the US or another English speaking country)

Too much of a coincidence?

And this? not even close.
Btw Karpeles is more like hebrew name, lol.

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀