Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:11:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbest thing you did in Crypto as a noob  (Read 1817 times)
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:35:40 PM

I remember when first started with bitcoin. I invest in some legit project called HYIP. I don't realize that's it's just a ponzi scam. The dumbest thing next is I make an email to the support of that hyip for BTC that's I still doesn't get
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:46:16 PM

Been with the cryptosphere for almost 4-5 years now so I'm not gonna consider myself a noob but I did something earlier this year which I consider the dumbest one (related to cryptocurrency) as far as I can remember. I'm a Waves holder since the beginning and we got an airdrop from an unknown coin at the start of this year. Just because it is a very new coin, I hasten myself and put it in the exchange right away to sell it. Fast forward this month, that specific coin that I sold for pennies became listed to one of the biggest cryptoexchanges today and it's worth quite a fortune today. I'm kicking myself for selling it to such a very low price. Well, I learned something very important from it and I'll make sure that it will never happen again.  Grin
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:54:52 PM

Investing in this hype, I was so dumb, the will come and run away with my BTC, I'm just thinking what those BTC now worth. I don't know if those HYPS are still in the space because what I do now is to use adblocks to block all those advert that use to attract me to their website
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:35:37 PM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt

I think the possibility of making mistakes is a constant threat in this market because of the immense amount of tokens, passwords, private and public keys that we have to protect, for which I regret that you have suffered this mishap.

Actually I do not think I made too many mistakes, except to have sold a lot of my bitcoins at prices as low as $ 450 or $ 800 last year, thinking that bitcoin could not grow as vigorously as we see now.
StrikerEureka

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:45:01 PM

Well I have not lost much money but the dumbest thing I did was investing in Genesis Mining lol. I have bought some Monero mining power for around 100$ which could have been 2.5 Moneros at that time if I just had bought them directly instead. Now after a few months I am still struggling to get the minimum payout amount of 0.4 Moneros and I don´t even know if I will ever reach it. I have a 0$ return now an it could be 800$

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:50:25 PM

Ok, i clearly win: i was in the xem ico, got 2.4million xem for 8$ and sold for a couple of 100's. That would have been 500000 now. It doesnt stop though: did the same for lisk ico and i bought 100's of eth for 2$.  I choose the right things but sell too early. I'm the walking example of why you shoild hodl...
revned0005

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:53:32 PM

dumbest thing idid was to place a buy order higher too much then i lose 0.1eth
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:05:03 PM

Well my dumbest thing i've ever done in crypto happened in 2015 when i bought 2 btc for 460 (230 each) using my dad's paypal and i know i will so much trouble when he discover that i used his paypal to buy a bitcoin and then when going to send 0.01 btc for donation i made a mistake i forgot to put a period to it and now instead of .01 its 01 when i click send, i realized it was 1 btc and we know the once you created a transaction in bitcoin or in other alts you can't cancel it and that's it and good thing that dad didn't kill me but he grounded me for 3 months.
aquantivis86

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:07:10 PM

The dumbest thing I did was buy high and sell low.  Well, I guess I still do that every now and then as I picked up some IOTA.  Buy and hold would have been best but sell high and buy low would have been second place.
DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:38:56 PM

dumbest thing i did as a noob was investing in ATBcoin scam lol... but i was lucky to cashout without loses in the beginning
wisdommember

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:39:31 PM

my dumbest thing was not to sell scam token ebtc at the right time. could get 5k free money but i was too greedy
Coin.Master636

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:48:50 PM

I think a lot of people trade by the "buy high, sell low" strategy... That's pretty stupid. And yes, I have done this as well.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cajuelan

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:51:43 PM

Yeah i remember my dumbest thing i did. When me and my cousin trying to invest to a unknown site with a very high profit as young we never think it was a scam we are very excited to convert but in the end of the we lose an been scamed.But we learned our lesson that day.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:56:57 PM

I fall for the most obvious pump and dump scheme and lost money. This happened more than once. Then, slowly, I started to learn.

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:09:26 AM

The dumbest thing apart of setting stupidly shallow stop orders and having to pay afterwards when stop order had been triggered but price did bounce back immediately , is 1) selling of BTC a year ago 2) selling LTC on 136 level ( this was the only coin from 8-10 i sold off)

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
romec1701

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:12:13 AM

My biggest regret was reading about BTC in 2010 and not DOING anything about it! It wasn't for another 5 years before I made my first investment.

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:15:54 AM

Dumbest thing I did was few coin swaps and keeping unsold tokens when there was a clear signs of price decline. Overall loss I accumulated is nearly 3BTC.
But on the other hand I've manage to do a lot of good trades, so I'm ahead. I did a lot of dumb stuff, but Dumbest will be if I didn't learn from.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:29:53 AM

The dumbest thing that i did when i was noob in crypto is that i sold my first ever token that i received in my first bounty in a small amount , a day later that token got pump up so high , and i am very disappointed in what i did. Because i am first timer then in crypto and curious on how to sell tokens , i did sell all my tokens cheap. And when i ever think of what i did before , all i am gonna do now is to laugh at myself , and say to myself how dumb i am in that day.

spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:31:59 AM

The biggest mistake i did is that i did not sell my coins when the price is high that it would triple my profit, but now the price decrease. If i did sell it, it would make me more profit to invest for trading and other mistake i made is investing in a scam currency.

billybonus2

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:32:33 AM

i didn't buy bitcoin when i first heard of it 2010..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: