Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:40:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumbest thing you did in Crypto as a noob  (Read 1817 times)
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:35:40 PM

I remember when first started with bitcoin. I invest in some legit project called HYIP. I don't realize that's it's just a ponzi scam. The dumbest thing next is I make an email to the support of that hyip for BTC that's I still doesn't get
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:46:16 PM

Been with the cryptosphere for almost 4-5 years now so I'm not gonna consider myself a noob but I did something earlier this year which I consider the dumbest one (related to cryptocurrency) as far as I can remember. I'm a Waves holder since the beginning and we got an airdrop from an unknown coin at the start of this year. Just because it is a very new coin, I hasten myself and put it in the exchange right away to sell it. Fast forward this month, that specific coin that I sold for pennies became listed to one of the biggest cryptoexchanges today and it's worth quite a fortune today. I'm kicking myself for selling it to such a very low price. Well, I learned something very important from it and I'll make sure that it will never happen again.  Grin
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:54:52 PM

Investing in this hype, I was so dumb, the will come and run away with my BTC, I'm just thinking what those BTC now worth. I don't know if those HYPS are still in the space because what I do now is to use adblocks to block all those advert that use to attract me to their website
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:35:37 PM

Hi all! I got into cryto this same time last year, I wanna share with you the dumbest thing I did as a noob back then, and it still haunting me.

I created a new ethereum wallet last year I stocked it up with 25eth..am very poor at that time eth was 4$ each I think..that was the most I could afford, I was using an ethereum client node, unfortunately for me I wrote down my wallet address instead of the private key. Now m been haunted by that fact I could have been a millionaire in my country..#dumbestthingyoudidincrypt

I think the possibility of making mistakes is a constant threat in this market because of the immense amount of tokens, passwords, private and public keys that we have to protect, for which I regret that you have suffered this mishap.

Actually I do not think I made too many mistakes, except to have sold a lot of my bitcoins at prices as low as $ 450 or $ 800 last year, thinking that bitcoin could not grow as vigorously as we see now.
StrikerEureka

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:45:01 PM

Well I have not lost much money but the dumbest thing I did was investing in Genesis Mining lol. I have bought some Monero mining power for around 100$ which could have been 2.5 Moneros at that time if I just had bought them directly instead. Now after a few months I am still struggling to get the minimum payout amount of 0.4 Moneros and I don´t even know if I will ever reach it. I have a 0$ return now an it could be 800$

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bandar

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 10:50:25 PM

Ok, i clearly win: i was in the xem ico, got 2.4million xem for 8$ and sold for a couple of 100's. That would have been 500000 now. It doesnt stop though: did the same for lisk ico and i bought 100's of eth for 2$.  I choose the right things but sell too early. I'm the walking example of why you shoild hodl...
revned0005

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:53:32 PM

dumbest thing idid was to place a buy order higher too much then i lose 0.1eth
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:05:03 PM

Well my dumbest thing i've ever done in crypto happened in 2015 when i bought 2 btc for 460 (230 each) using my dad's paypal and i know i will so much trouble when he discover that i used his paypal to buy a bitcoin and then when going to send 0.01 btc for donation i made a mistake i forgot to put a period to it and now instead of .01 its 01 when i click send, i realized it was 1 btc and we know the once you created a transaction in bitcoin or in other alts you can't cancel it and that's it and good thing that dad didn't kill me but he grounded me for 3 months.
aquantivis86

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:07:10 PM

The dumbest thing I did was buy high and sell low.  Well, I guess I still do that every now and then as I picked up some IOTA.  Buy and hold would have been best but sell high and buy low would have been second place.
DigeNarrator

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:38:56 PM

dumbest thing i did as a noob was investing in ATBcoin scam lol... but i was lucky to cashout without loses in the beginning
wisdommember

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:39:31 PM

my dumbest thing was not to sell scam token ebtc at the right time. could get 5k free money but i was too greedy
Coin.Master636

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:48:50 PM

I think a lot of people trade by the "buy high, sell low" strategy... That's pretty stupid. And yes, I have done this as well.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cajuelan

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:51:43 PM

Yeah i remember my dumbest thing i did. When me and my cousin trying to invest to a unknown site with a very high profit as young we never think it was a scam we are very excited to convert but in the end of the we lose an been scamed.But we learned our lesson that day.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 11:56:57 PM

I fall for the most obvious pump and dump scheme and lost money. This happened more than once. Then, slowly, I started to learn.

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:09:26 AM

The dumbest thing apart of setting stupidly shallow stop orders and having to pay afterwards when stop order had been triggered but price did bounce back immediately , is 1) selling of BTC a year ago 2) selling LTC on 136 level ( this was the only coin from 8-10 i sold off)

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
romec1701

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:12:13 AM

My biggest regret was reading about BTC in 2010 and not DOING anything about it! It wasn't for another 5 years before I made my first investment.

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:15:54 AM

Dumbest thing I did was few coin swaps and keeping unsold tokens when there was a clear signs of price decline. Overall loss I accumulated is nearly 3BTC.
But on the other hand I've manage to do a lot of good trades, so I'm ahead. I did a lot of dumb stuff, but Dumbest will be if I didn't learn from.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:29:53 AM

The dumbest thing that i did when i was noob in crypto is that i sold my first ever token that i received in my first bounty in a small amount , a day later that token got pump up so high , and i am very disappointed in what i did. Because i am first timer then in crypto and curious on how to sell tokens , i did sell all my tokens cheap. And when i ever think of what i did before , all i am gonna do now is to laugh at myself , and say to myself how dumb i am in that day.

spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:31:59 AM

The biggest mistake i did is that i did not sell my coins when the price is high that it would triple my profit, but now the price decrease. If i did sell it, it would make me more profit to invest for trading and other mistake i made is investing in a scam currency.

billybonus2

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:32:33 AM

i didn't buy bitcoin when i first heard of it 2010..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: