Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:18:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon Store Batch 3 Status just went to "Refund Processing" - now "Completed"  (Read 19724 times)
Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:29:05 PM

Bumping.. still no refund received. I assume this is the case with everyone.

Confirmed no refund yet; patiently waiting
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:24:32 PM

Well, I'm really curious what the story is going to turn out to be. This is making me look bad; I promise -I- did receive a refund. Can't imagine why they didn't go on to finish your guys' and yet processed mine :|

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

Well, I'm really curious what the story is going to turn out to be. This is making me look bad; I promise -I- did receive a refund. Can't imagine why they didn't go on to finish your guys' and yet processed mine :|

You were the testrun... and maybe the example to show that refunds will be done.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:03:32 PM

You were the testrun... and maybe the example to show that refunds will be done.
God, maybe. Just pure luck, maybe I was the first to apply. I feel bad for you guys.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
cmdbill

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:31:48 PM

God, maybe. Just pure luck, maybe I was the first to apply. I feel bad for you guys.

Could be that you are a writer and good with words. Lack of negativity in your posts may have something to do with it as well. Could have just been a good way to get the positive word out. Maybe your name in the list came first alphabetically. In any sense it is unfortunate this whole refund process is turning out this way. I have marked them off as lost coins until there is a class action lawsuit started, then I will gladly jump on board. But yet again unfortunately do to the fashion in which Bitcoin works and its status as an almost but not really recognized virtual currency would make any court battle a nightmare(in the United States). I was a proponent for Bitcoin in the past, but now after feeling the burn on this one, its hard to want to stay in the game. Of course something like this could happen with anything you invest any sort of capital into. Everything's a wild card in the end, just have to hope you have the best one in the deck.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:42:21 AM

It would be really nice if Yifu finished the refunds before the BTC price starts to move. It was like $75 when I requested my refund.
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:55:05 PM

I feel marginally better because, according to his profile, he was on the boards yesterday. He wasn't on for long and didn't post anything, which leads me to believe that he has no answers for us, or that he only has answers which we will not like (such as delays and excuses).
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 08:36:53 PM

There is a story in Texas that a Ranger asked a man, in broken Spanish, if he had a horse.  The man said no, and the Ranger shot him dead as a liar and a criminal.  It turns out that the man was innocent and had answered truthfully.  There is still bad feeling along the border about this incident.  In Spanish, there are two words;  the analogy that carries into English is asking a man if he has a bull, and then shooting him because he has a cow and answered "no."

Here is a more extensive version of the story.

I try to be respectful and informed.
jspielberg (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:02:55 PM

There is a story in Texas that a Ranger asked a man, in broken Spanish, if he had a horse.  The man said no, and the Ranger shot him dead as a liar and a criminal.  It turns out that the man was innocent and had answered truthfully.  There is still bad feeling along the border about this incident.  In Spanish, there are two words;  the analogy that carries into English is asking a man if he has a bull, and then shooting him because he has a cow and answered "no."

If only Yifu spoke english we wouldn't have these needless communications errors...

.... wait a second!!!

Yeah... a lot of heart ache and ill feelings could easily be handled by some kind of communication with all the groups currently having concerns:
Avalon B3 units without PSUs
Chip orders
FPGA Trade-ins
Refunds

That being said, I can understand refunds being at the bottom from a priority standpoint.  I just don't understand from a complexity stand point.  There is clearly stuff that we are not privy to as to why refunds are complicated and difficult.  We just don't know it, so people assume the worst.

Frankly I think Yifu is doing his best. But he is only one guy.  There comes a point where you need to delegate and pass some responsibilities onto others.  It is natural normal and how companies grow.  I hope Bitsyncom doesn't wither on the vine by the lack of manpower to push through seemingly simple administrative tasks.

Bitsyncom has great people and great technology... but I think the desire to not ask for help may ultimately prevent it from flourishing.  There is only so much 4 or 5 great people can do.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:21:36 PM

If only Yifu spoke english we wouldn't have these needless communications errors...

.... wait a second!!!

Yeah... a lot of heart ache and ill feelings could easily be handled by some kind of communication with all the groups currently having concerns:
Chip orders
FPGA Trade-ins
Refunds

That being said, I can understand refunds being at the bottom from a priority standpoint.  I just don't understand from a complexity stand point.  There is clearly stuff that we are not privy to as to why refunds are complicated and difficult.  We just don't know it, so people assume the worst.

Frankly I think Yifu is doing his best. But he is only one guy.  There comes a point where you need to delegate and pass some responsibilities onto others.  It is natural normal and how companies grow.  I hope Bitsyncom doesn't wither on the vine by the lack of manpower to push through seemingly simple administrative tasks.

Bitsyncom has great people and great technology... but I think the desire to not ask for help may ultimately prevent it from flourishing.  There is only so much 4 or 5 great people can do.

From an integrity stand point. Refunds when requested should be settled ASAP. If you're the one offering them because you have delayed people, you have no right to deny them from investing elsewhere.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 11:51:23 AM

Very much this!

Ok, technicians doesnt have to be great business man. But i await a grain of logic. Im not sure how he plans to prosper when he sees the rising anger that mostly is a result of missing communication, that again is a result of "I want to do all alone" and so on. Im not sure what his reason is not to hire someone. Maybe he dont trust others (maybe they steal bitcoins) or he fears the new employee wants the same rights and income like the existing ones. But i cant believe he dont see what damage he does to his company, its reputation and his customers by all the missed working hours that lead to problems in all fields.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:26:31 AM

Very much this!

Ok, technicians doesnt have to be great business man. But i await a grain of logic. Im not sure how he plans to prosper when he sees the rising anger that mostly is a result of missing communication, that again is a result of "I want to do all alone" and so on. Im not sure what his reason is not to hire someone. Maybe he dont trust others (maybe they steal bitcoins) or he fears the new employee wants the same rights and income like the existing ones. But i cant believe he dont see what damage he does to his company, its reputation and his customers by all the missed working hours that lead to problems in all fields.

Avalon shipped a lot of units, and they have a lot of happy customers.  On some orders things didn't work out - but the outrage, calling them BFL like, scammers, etc is way overstated. Most people got their hardware. B2 will probably pay for itself, I'm not sure about B3, but I guess we'll see.

As far as chips go, I'm sure people with downstream customers and investors are upset, but they're only a few weeks late so far.

The real competitive risk is the competition at that feature size and smaller from guys like Labcoin, KnC, HashFast, etc.

jspielberg (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:20:10 AM

I am going to commit a small faux-pas and quote myself...

Chip orders
FPGA Trade-ins
Refunds

I think we have an explanation for why Yifu has been MIA:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2851242#msg2851242

He has been with all the other BTC entrepreneurs in NYC at the Inside Bitcoin Conference.

Hopefully now that is over, we will see some updates.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:19:13 PM

Very much this!

Avalon shipped a lot of units, and they have a lot of happy customers.  On some orders things didn't work out - but the outrage, calling them BFL like, scammers, etc is way overstated. Most people got their hardware. B2 will probably pay for itself, I'm not sure about B3, but I guess we'll see.

As far as chips go, I'm sure people with downstream customers and investors are upset, but they're only a few weeks late so far.

The real competitive risk is the competition at that feature size and smaller from guys like Labcoin, KnC, HashFast, etc.

I didnt say that Avalon is like BFL, i bought with avalon in the first place because i thought they are different. The only thing i mentioned was that bfl wanted to deliver the chips in 100days while avalon wanted in 9-10 weeks. I claimed that these more weeks are a reason to not buy with bfl. No see what it turns out.

I am going to commit a small faux-pas and quote myself...

Chip orders
FPGA Trade-ins
Refunds

I think we have an explanation for why Yifu has been MIA:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg2851242#msg2851242

He has been with all the other BTC entrepreneurs in NYC at the Inside Bitcoin Conference.

Hopefully now that is over, we will see some updates.

A pity no one was pressuring and asking him out there. The good thing would have been that he could have been contacted there.

ftping

Activity: 183

200 OK

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:35:10 PM

I'm really trying to relax here, but it really irks me that it's been over 3 weeks and we don't have our money yet. This isn't a $20 purchase we're talking about. This is thousands of dollars.

But what can I do, except complain to my comrades, who are also waiting for refunds...

I think I will go buy 40 oz. of something...

Let's hope we see our refunds soon after B3 finishes shipping.
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:37:42 PM

Yifu , please brutha give us an update on the B3 refunds... some of us actually really need our money back.... $8,000 is enough to make a SERIOUS impact on pretty much anybody's life.
jspielberg (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:44:13 PM

For what it is worth... while Bitsyncom has a lot of drama surrounding their deliveries... They do deliver.

Have a good weekend gents!
dyseac

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:36:01 PM

My refund request submitted by support ticket has been Ignored (Was sent over 4 weeks ago)

Received DHL Shipping info this morning.

GG.......... *sigh*
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 11:18:18 PM

My refund request submitted by support ticket has been Ignored (Was sent over 4 weeks ago)

GG.......... *sigh*

Well, the're selling for ~100BTC in the goods section, so you may still make a profit.

cmdbill

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:26:00 PM

GG.......... *sigh*
If you didn't fill out the support ticket in google docs from the newsletter that was sent out. You were not put on the list for the refund. But at this rate an ASIC will make back the bitcoins faster than anything getting refunded. So you are probably in a better position now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: