Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sending fees... are you serious?  (Read 894 times)
sheamus10

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:03:34 PM

The price for bitcoin sending indeed expensive this is very different from last year or last month. this also because the number of demand for bitcoin increasing.
But if you just want to send 1 dollar better don't have to because you will definitely loss.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:26:31 PM

your not alone, I feel it too.. last week I send my bitcoin with fees $ 0.9 but this week I send $ 49 in btc with fees $ 17, that's crazy.. I do not understand why the sending fees increases very significantly in a few day..
MrHertz

Activity: 208
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:34:21 PM

It is awful. You should use Etherium or anything else for small and fast transactions. Bitcoin now is for holdings or transfers for pople, who have large capital and needs to send large amunts of currency.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:30:09 PM

It is awful. You should use Etherium or anything else for small and fast transactions. Bitcoin now is for holdings or transfers for pople, who have large capital and needs to send large amunts of currency.

Enjoy your kittens, Etherfan.  But for serious use, Ethereum will not be replacing Bitcoin anytime soon.  Or ever.

By the way, Bitcoin users can get a 75% instant discount on fees by using Segwit addresses.  Check your wallet’s documentation.  If your address starts with a “1”, then you are overpaying 4× on fees!  Your fault.  Don’t whine.

Use Ether instead, only if you wish to die of acute cuteness.

This is the best and only useful application of a Turing-complete VM grafted onto a blockchain.

That is my engineering opinion.

"Due to network congestion, we are increasing the birthing fee from 0.001 ETH to 0.002 ETH. This will ensure your kittens are born on time!" the CryptoKitties team stated in a tweet surrounded by siren emojis to express the direness of the situation.

No worries.  If an overpopulation of cute kittens disrupts the network, or even becomes sentient and steals all the ETH, then Ethereum can simply stick a fork in it for mass kitten extermination.  It’s not like they haven’t done it before.

btcdepo

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:16:53 PM

The price for bitcoin sending indeed expensive this is very different from last year or last month. this also because the number of demand for bitcoin increasing.
But if you just want to send 1 dollar better don't have to because you will definitely loss.

That is really starting to be annoying very much. Such transaction fees and very long transaction time? That is not good for the future of Bitcoin I would say!

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:26:43 PM

That is really starting to be annoying very much. Such transaction fees and very long transaction time? That is not good for the future of Bitcoin I would say!

Bitcoin users can get a 75% instant discount on fees by using Segwit addresses.  Check your wallet’s documentation.  If your address starts with a “1”, then you are overpaying 4× on fees!  Your fault.  Don’t whine.

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:38:22 PM

I haven't sent btc in a while.  Back when i sent btc, fees were less than 50 cents.  Maybe 3 dollars?  I went and tried to send less than 30 dollars of btc... fees show up as 12 dollars on electrum and thats with the lowest possible fee where i make it send within 25 blocks.  Now if you want to send under 1 dollar, it cost 12 dollars.  When is this issue getting fixed?  Who in their right mind would send btc for small amounts when even the fee is that much?  Its like paying 12 dollars for something you want to buy that is 1 dollar?
Bitcoin transactions fees and time, are an issue that has been going on for quite a while, this problem started when bitcoin became so popular and so expensive along side the increase of the mining difficulty, see bitcoin mining is so expensive and requires a lot of hardware to do it, which makes it accessible for a handfull of poeple, and since miner are the ones who verifies the transactions, makes them slow because of how many transactions that are going on inside the network, and this means if you pay more fees which go to the miners the faster your transaction will be.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:21:35 PM

Bitcoin transactions fees and time, are an issue that has been going on for quite a while, this problem started when bitcoin became so popular and so expensive along side the increase of the mining difficulty, see bitcoin mining is so expensive and requires a lot of hardware to do it, which makes it accessible for a handfull of poeple, and since miner are the ones who verifies the transactions, makes them slow because of how many transactions that are going on inside the network, and this means if you pay more fees which go to the miners the faster your transaction will be.

Miners are not “the ones who verifies the transactions”.  All full nodes are responsible for verification and validation.  Miners perform exactly one function:  They choose an ordering of transactions in a Byzantine fault-tolerant manner.  That is what miners do.  Important though that is, it is all miners do.

The rest of your post was mostly incomprehensible gibberish; but I gather that you are concerned about fees.  Therefore, I😠 must 🚨advise🚨 you that you can get a 💸💎💸  75% instant discount on fees by using 🐲Segwit addresses. 💸💎💸  Check your wallet’s documentation.  If your address starts with a “1”, then you are overpaying 4× on fees!  Your fault.  Don’t 👶whine.

Hello?  Is this thing on?

benalexis12

Activity: 854
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:36:09 PM

I haven't sent btc in a while.  Back when i sent btc, fees were less than 50 cents.  Maybe 3 dollars?  I went and tried to send less than 30 dollars of btc... fees show up as 12 dollars on electrum and thats with the lowest possible fee where i make it send within 25 blocks.  Now if you want to send under 1 dollar, it cost 12 dollars.  When is this issue getting fixed?  Who in their right mind would send btc for small amounts when even the fee is that much?  Its like paying 12 dollars for something you want to buy that is 1 dollar?
I had a micropayments with my friends and fees are expensive. it makes me feel angry. i hope bitcoin core will fix this matters because if they won't fix this thing then people will shift to other altcoins just like Bitcoin Cash,Ethereum and Litecoin

McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:41:21 PM

People are making rumors if bitcoin is sending fees then it's most best way to get even more coins. I'm holding bitcoins because oneday bitcoin fee will be reduce and i would able to sell my bitcoin at the best best price without cutting. So hope for the best. As bitcoin going with the light speed i don't think that fees will be reduce in the future.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:04:52 AM

ETH sucks for micropayments, just check the gas station - https://ethgasstation.info/

$0.5 fee for $3 coffee? Reeeeeee where's my million transactions per second, Vitalik?

Bcash is not much better with $0.2 fees - https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin%20cash-transactionfees.html

Hmmm, lets check Dogecoin - https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dogecoin-transactionfees.html

Only $0.0056 per transaction! Holy shit, Dogecoin is the new Visa!
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:22:11 AM

ETH sucks for micropayments, just check the gas station - https://ethgasstation.info/

$0.5 fee for $3 coffee? Reeeeeee where's my million transactions per second, Vitalik?

Bcash is not much better with $0.2 fees - https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin%20cash-transactionfees.html

Hmmm, lets check Dogecoin - https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dogecoin-transactionfees.html

You just made my day.  Dogecoin is the solution!  Now that I have seen the light, I will stop subtly hinting about the 75% discount on Bitcoin fees for using Segwit addresses, and instead advocate that all the fee whiners should dump Bitcoin and switch to DOGE.  Actually, they should invest all their money in DOGE.  They should sell all their possessions, mortgage their homes, mortgage their grandmothers, and invest all the money in DOGE.  Woof!

esgdrhlg

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:36:25 AM

You just made my day.  Dogecoin is the solution!  Now that I have seen the light, I will stop subtly hinting about the 75% discount on Bitcoin fees for using Segwit addresses, and instead advocate that all the fee whiners should dump Bitcoin and switch to DOGE.  Actually, they should invest all their money in DOGE.  They should sell all their possessions, mortgage their homes, mortgage their grandmothers, and invest all the money in DOGE.  Woof!
But the code for doge has not been updated for nearly four years, on github, and the transaction volume is not large, it is an altcoin that should be eliminated. I think we should choose the altcoin team that keeps moving forward.
mung_nasib

Activity: 602

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:46:04 AM

The fees for bitcoins are now very outrageous and can give you heart ache when you really want to send small money with large fees
Indeed now all transactions are experiencing a rise so very sorry If there are hunters whose income is still small And if you want to use must only run out to pay the fee course Hopefully in a short time there will be solutions from the authorities in solving all these problems And hunters can feel the results maximum later.

nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 03:48:39 AM

But the code for doge has not been updated for nearly four years, on github, and the transaction volume is not large, it is an altcoin that should be eliminated. I think we should choose the altcoin team that keeps moving forward.

You’re just a hater.  Bitcoin is dead.  DOGE is going to the moon.  DOGE is the future! 🐕

boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:51:32 AM

Exactly since the bitcoin price rise up fees are ridiculouly expensive. This is the reason why an everyday crypto users are switching to altcoin to avoid the fees of bitcoin.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 04:04:38 AM

Exactly since the bitcoin price rise up fees are ridiculouly expensive. This is the reason why an everyday crypto users are switching to altcoin to avoid the fees of bitcoin.

Let me fix that for you:  “Exactly since the bitcoin price rise up... everyday crypto users are switching to altcoin to avoid... bitcoin.”

Yes, some people are stupid.  So what?  “A fool and his bitcoins”, as the aphorism goes.

I am astonished at the legions of drooling morons who complain about fees—without ever pausing to observe that the value of their own coins has already gone “to the moon”, and is now en route to Mars.  The engineers are working on scaling solutions which will enable you to efficiently buy cups of coffee with Bitcoin.  Meanwhile, what you are complaining about is that Bitcoin is valuable and popular.  Hmmm.

ahmadhidayat27

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:07:26 AM

Yes of course this will happen. The cost of bitcoin transfer is getting more and more unreasonable. Of course this is based on bitcoin prices are getting crazy every day. My suggestion try using the popular coin ALT with lower transfer fee. For example LTC which has a transfer fee is not so much.
Pain Packer

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:20:09 AM

I think they just using the opportunity to use the transaction fees in also to earn with the recent surge price of bitcoin.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
sluzvovnif

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:22:00 AM

Let me fix that for you:  “Exactly since the bitcoin price rise up... everyday crypto users are switching to altcoin to avoid... bitcoin.”

Yes, some people are stupid.  So what?  “A fool and his bitcoins”, as the aphorism goes.

I am astonished at the legions of drooling morons who complain about fees—without ever pausing to observe that the value of their own coins has already gone “to the moon”, and is now en route to Mars.  The engineers are working on scaling solutions which will enable you to efficiently buy cups of coffee with Bitcoin.  Meanwhile, what you are complaining about is that Bitcoin is valuable and popular.  Hmmm.
But in any case, bitcoin is not suitable for small transfers because of congestion in the blockchain and rising transaction costs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: