Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:03:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think BCH will replace BTC in the future?  (Read 837 times)
Rowland Okoli

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:23:21 PM

I do not think bitcoin is just altcoin, although bitcoin has slower transaction rates, but most investors will believe in bitcoin and the bitcoin value is better than bitcoin cash.

Please explain what you mean by "slower transaction rates"...are you referring to speed or rate of adoption?

If it's the former, you are waaaay off the mark as bitcoin can only process 7 transaction in a second, Ripple and EOS does 50 thousand transactions per second. And it's scalable to millions per second. 

Rudi Setya

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:32:35 PM

Less transaction fees and same amount as BTC... why not Grin
i can't sure about it because in crypto can't predict for future
maybe if bch will same with btc its mean bch is invesment for future so buy and saving now is good choose

LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:37:10 AM

indeed lately BCH continues to jump up, but to replace the position of BTC it will be very difficult even though BCH only requires a small transaction fee.

coinstatic

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:02:31 AM

I think BTC would still likely be the main digital currency of the future. But for that a few things need to be improved

The problems it is facing now such as slow/stuck transactions and high fees need to all change though in the future for Bitcoin to remain as the number 1. It has to change real fast before the fees go sky high (they are already pretty high btw) and more transactions keep getting backlogged in the mempool. Right now Lightning Network is being tested and there's no official date that when it'll be launched to the public. You can test transactions on Lightning Network using Test BTC's and the transactions were super fast with low fees.

If Lightning Network goes well and all exchanges and wallets adapt their service, then I personally think Bitcoin can continue to grow tremendously whilst remaining the top digital currency without its forks such as BCH taking over.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:26:18 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 09:20:42 AM by Tamilson

i can't sure about it because in crypto can't predict for future
maybe if bch will same with btc its mean bch is invesment for future so buy and saving now is good choose

Well to think that bch is being manipulated by big whales so there's nothing impossible with them because of the greediness that runs in their system.
However, looking in its aspect yeah it's quite agreeable that bch is much more good when it comes in transaction but the great potential that bitcoin possess we shouldn't doubt bitcoin exceptional capabilities.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
gathingbrus

Activity: 209
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:02:41 AM

in the future, no one knows how. It could just be it will happen. If it is Yes for sure with lucky people who invest in the BCH, will get lots of advantages.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 09:39:10 AM

It's possible unless something is done about BTC transaction fees. Why pay $30 when you can pay 30 cents?
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:50:28 AM

indeed lately BCH continues to jump up, but to replace the position of BTC it will be very difficult even though BCH only requires a small transaction fee.

You are absolutely right because it cannot replace the Bitcoin because Bitcoin has the large community and whereas BCH has very less community. BCH is just BTC clone and it is not possible to secure the place of Bitcoin.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:44:52 AM

Other altcoin that are bitcoin clone can also do that, Bitcoincash is having a blast this past weeks I just don't know if they can sustain that we have to see in the coming months if the momentum can still go on, but I don't believe it can overtake Bitcoin.

I think that BCH will not replace the BTC in the near future. And not only BCH, but other altcoins will not be able to push back BTC, since bitcoin is the foundation that holds the building of Crypto-currency. And if bitcoin falls, then other crypto-currencies will fly down.

Although speculating on the stock exchange is more profitable on altcoins.
albio87

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:58:12 AM

it's just another altcoin, no more usefull than litecoin, but 'it's marketed and manipuled by a little group of person so, stay away from this kind of garbage
melancoly

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:30:05 AM

bitcoin is also the parent of all the coins so it is very unlikely if the bitcoin will overcome by other coins.
langdong

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:02:18 PM

Some years ago all the people were using Nokias phones. They were using MySpace. People used to have horse-drawn coaches.
Everything is possible and progess and development is unstoppable. So if Lightning does not come in any near future even the almighty Bitcoin will have a problem. I mean the transaction fees at the moment are a joke. And there might be more problems to come even.

If Bitcoin can develop fast enough everything will be fine, if not. Well, let's see. Bitcoin currently benefits from the media a lot.
But still I don't think that Bitcoin Cash will take this position then.
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:06:50 PM

No one can now the future, I have heard a lot of people say that these two coins can coexist together in the future. So it shouldnt necessarily be seen as a replacement for the original BTC. But who knows, in the future everything might happen!
Well we cant deny that bitcoin cash are showing a lot of improvements nowadays. Not just in price but also in the feature amd ICO it has. A lot of miners continue to support this coin that cause it to be more popular and trusted by many investor. But eventhough that was the case it can still not replace bitcoin. I know that the abilitu of BCC are not yet enough to replace BTC. It take a long period of time before that to happen.
Paypex

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:29:23 PM

In near future, it will not going to be happen. But the major stock holders of BCH (---,---,---) will successfully exchange it with BTC by making fool of innocent people.

"There are a lot of coins having less transaction fee & less supply than BTC. If these both are the parameter then all those can also replace BTC in Future!!!!"
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 02:01:37 PM

fees are crazy already, no way

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
babykika2027

Activity: 715
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:07:37 PM

maybe yes maybe no, no one can guess the future like what, depending on the trading market. but I think it will be very difficult to pursue the price of btc, there is always a possibility, well we'll see later in the future
otol55

Activity: 143

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:44:25 PM

maybe yes maybe no, no one can guess the future like what, depending on the trading market. but I think it will be very difficult to pursue the price of btc, there is always a possibility, well we'll see later in the future
I agree with you.
the price difference between Bitcoin and BCH is very far away. quite difficult for BCH to defeat Bitcoin.
we'll see what will happen, I heard in 2018 BCH there will be pumping.

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:06:59 PM

fees are crazy already, no way
And another look at this question is that bch is just another altcoin which won't compete with bitcoin casue of popularity and speed of development of bitcoin.

geo43

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:08:33 PM

Probably wont replace it but could live alongside it.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:13:56 PM

BCH does not have the support that bitcoin- BTC has but should the BCH grow to bitcoins level am expecting fees to increase.

Coming back to the question if BCH will replace BTC in the future...its hard to tell but with devs who are behind the scenes working on a solution am sure a fix will soon come and these problems will be a thing of the past.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: