Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Network Protection statement from KNCMiner  (Read 5466 times)
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:36:47 PM

Received 8:30AM EDT on 7/18

KnCMiner Network Protection Statement

At KnCMiner we are aware of the service we are providing to our customers. We are also aware that we need our customers to have a return on their devices in order to purchase form us again. With the scale of the supply chains, agreements and factories we have access to, we need to be cautious we don’t ship too many devices and therefore reduce the return to our customers.  So with that in mind our plan is to do as follows:

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014. Meaning that once we have taken the difficulty up at the end of November we will not release any more hashing power for 3 months. We will then release our new generation of devices, which will begin shipping in March 2014. These devices will also have a much higher GH/$ rating than any of our current offerings.

We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

Thanks
KnCMiner Team
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:42:48 PM

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014.
[...]
We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network.

In other words:
We promise not to ship devices in Dec, Jan & Feb.
But we will break that promise if we feel like it.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:06:37 PM

We will ship no devices in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014.
[...]

In other words:
We promise not to ship devices in Dec, Jan & Feb.
But we will break that promise if we feel like it.

No. That's not at all what I read. It states we have integrity and want our customers to achieve ROI, but should we require the need to counter unforseen circumstances and remain competitive we're not stupid.

They above all want repeat custom, that doesn't happen by screwing over your customers. Screwing over your customers seems to be the current competitor's desire, out of reckless greed and carelessness.

Similarly they are not about to throw away what they've been working so hard on. So the latter part is a standard cover their ass protection any forward thinking company would disclose.

You're not a glass half full person are you??

I've met these guys and I consider myself a good judge of charachter, they mean well. I went to sniff them out. Butterfly Labs evidently don't have the same air about them. That much is blatantly obvious.

If you flood the market you destroy any return for your customers. Why would anyone want to do that aside those own personal greed and a one time shot at get rich quick? (which won't happen anyway).

KnC want to develop and build a long standing Bitcoin mining company and encourage Bitcoins usage, believe it or not such a company apparently does exist...! Shock, surprise!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 01:29:18 PM

money>>character

felente

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:14:52 PM

how i have read this:
we are aware ... that we need our customers ... in order to purchase form us again.
therefore ... our plan is to do as follows:
With the scale of the supply chains ... we will not ship ... [as well as] ... any of our competitors ... [or We will (try to) ship again]...

wtf the arrogance.
is this an agreement between (at least some) competitors? or is this what?
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:31:42 PM

how i have read this:
we are aware ... that we need our customers ... in order to purchase form us again.
therefore ... our plan is to do as follows:
With the scale of the supply chains ... we will not ship ... [as well as] ... any of our competitors ... [or We will (try to) ship again]...

wtf the arrogance.
is this an agreement between (at least some) competitors? or is this what?
After equilibrium is reached, oligopolists don't conspire; they don't need to.  They respond to each others' statements of intention and signals. 

Before equilibrium is reached, they fight over their shares of the pie, and no agreement is possible. 

This is signaling, as much to the competition as to the customers, and it likely won't have any effect on any vendor's behavior.
androz

Activity: 728

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:44:58 PM

After equilibrium is reached, oligopolists don't conspire; they don't need to.  They respond to each others' statements of intention and signals. 

Before equilibrium is reached, they fight over their shares of the pie, and no agreement is possible. 

This is signaling, as much to the competition as to the customers, and it likely won't have any effect on any vendor's behavior.

seems that knc want play fare with their customers, but now the times are not mature for statements

maybe in the near future we 'll see if the vendors play a cartel agreement for squeeze pragmatically more money from the costumers

felente

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:03:25 PM

of course )

seems that knc want play fare with their customers, but now the times are not mature for statements
sure ))

not that im against knc - considering by myself an order there.
but. have one more mailing conversation (short) with them, again about "all that fairness" regarding "all their customers"... (not need to quote here).
now to be honest i'm suspecting a knc-megalomania-case, well, in light form Smiley

ok. nobody is perfect.
counts only that they do their primary job as promised. i will be happy then  Cool
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:10:04 PM

This is hilarious.

"We would like to state that If any of our competitors continues to add large amounts of hashing power to the network during December, January or February. We will continue to release our devices as competitively priced as we can to protect our customers share of the network."

How will reacting with the release of MORE mining devices protect their customers?

If they want to take a breather to design and manufacture their next gen they can just say so.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:44:22 PM

I swear people in this forum are quite simply dense.

No where does this display any innate arrogance.

They want to play fair and protect customer ROI, but they aren't going to be walked over like little bitches by greedy competitors hellbent on making a quick buck and killing the hashrate in the process, therefore their response can only ever be to remain competitive.

How the f**k can you genuinely misconstrue their words to mean anything different?!?

If you're not a KnC customer, you should, by all accounts be breathing a heavy sigh of relief. Likewise if you are a KnC customer...

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:53:21 PM

First, let's see if they ship in September.

Why they even send this out is beyond me.  Who cares what your intentions are?
Who are you trying to convince that you care?

Unless it is a scam and they want to milk more suckers before this thing goes belly up.

If I was doing H/W, I would want to get it out of my door as soon as possible because it COULD become obsolete
in weeks if not months.  But then again, they pre-sold stuff months in advance so they don't care when they are going to ship.

Look what happened to Avalon.  I don't think there will be many people ordering batch 4.

tlr

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:11:05 PM

TLDR: "We won't ship any devices in Dec, Jan, or Feb (unless our competitors do (which they are likely to do))"11
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:30:34 PM

Bitcoinorama people are strange and usually understand things the way they want to, not objectively.

qwk understood that they will ship more devices "if they feel like it" although they said that they will ship more devices ONLY if their competitors continue to add large amounts of hashing powers.

dogie the same. He is saying that money>> character even if they are proving exactly the opposite thing with their statement. I mean if money >> character they wouldn't release such kind of statement and they would continue to ship units as they please.

Logic fail big time for both of them.

Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:54:26 PM

Seems like they are trying to create a panic rush of buyers before an undisclosed window is closed this year.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 04:57:45 PM

Look what happened to Avalon.  I don't think there will be many people ordering batch 4.

I'm pretty sure that if there's anything Avalon has taught us, it's that from now on no legitimate company will be doing preorders. Avalon was better off selling the chips to others that would make their own ASICS, and that's exactly the route they eventually pursued, albeit a bit too late. Sad

Yifu did say it was a huge undertaking that they weren't entirely prepared for, especially when a big player could have come out of nowhere, and I am glad they've succeeded in having an almost completely successful Batch 1, almost successful Batch 2 (lack of communication on the SMT was a huge faux paus), not very successful trade-in (most of us have lost about 3 BTC per Icarus over the last three months and still haven't gotten a trade-in email yet), and successful only-because-they-allowed-a-refund Batch 3. Of course, this pales in comparison to the disappointment from BFL, but there's still room for a mining manufacturer that can provide troll-resilient customer service.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:01:02 PM

This is getting very late night telemaketing-ish.

Buy now while supplies last! But wait theres more - Gen2 + better hash/$.

how about getting gen 1 chips made first before this shit.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

how about getting gen 1 chips made first before this shit.
+1

Talk is cheap.  Maybe they've jumped a tiny shark with this one.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:21:08 PM

This also smells like limited supply troubles.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:30:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that if there's anything Avalon has taught us, it's that from now on no legitimate company will be doing preorders. Avalon was better off selling the chips to others that would make their own ASICS, and that's exactly the route they eventually pursued, albeit a bit too late. Sad

Yifu did say it was a huge undertaking that they weren't entirely prepared for, especially when a big player could have come out of nowhere, and I am glad they've succeeded in having an almost completely successful Batch 1, almost successful Batch 2 (lack of communication on the SMT was a huge faux paus), not very successful trade-in (most of us have lost about 3 BTC per Icarus over the last three months and still haven't gotten a trade-in email yet), and successful only-because-they-allowed-a-refund Batch 3. Of course, this pales in comparison to the disappointment from BFL, but there's still room for a mining manufacturer that can provide troll-resilient customer service.

Legitimate companies that don't take preorders need serious funding, or equity on tap to cover NRE from the hundreds of thousands to the millions. For such a niche product, unfortunately it's had to happen this way w.r.t. pre-orders...

SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:33:21 PM

This also smells like limited supply troubles.

^ This also smells like dog poo... the supply should be limited because you can't crank out gazilions of chips all competing for the same daily 3,600 pool of bitcoins, it makes no sense. It also would make sense to take a wait and see approach and release Gen 2 when the buyers of Gen 1 actually have the funds to buy Gen 2 hardware.

I have to agree with Bitcoionorama, density is at an all time high around here, it seems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: