Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:24:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: life of a trader  (Read 30953 times)
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:27:34 PM

Do not neglect your day job, that is the one that pays your bills and ensures you can get a paycheck at the end of it. Crypto trading is like an extra on the side where you may or may not get rich from it, in fact you might lose everything which is the case with unfortunate traders who invested in the bitconnect scandal. Trade during the commute or in the evenings, but when you're at work just check blockfolio once in a while - don't get hooked!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

I am using hodl policy while I was doing the same thing your doing checking coinmarketcap and Blockfolio now I am investing on coin while it’s dumped hard or some good potential project after next pump or market is moving really well I am selling coins. It’s my strategy.
Marioboro

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:41:37 PM

please i need advice from those traders have has been in the business for long, how do you combine it with your other normal life activities , i mean cryptocurrency trading , i just started and am glued to my phone every second , advice will be appreciated  Grin Grin Grin Grin
It is just a matter of management. First you need to identify what kind of trade strategy fits your lifestyle.
1. Day trading - trading only within a day
2. Swing Trading - The principal difference between day trading and swing trading is the time frame. Swing traders attempt to predict the short-term fluctuation in overnight. So positions can last anywhere from 1 day to a few weeks.
3. Positional Trading - The holding time frame of each trade is higher as these traders anticipate a big price movement in the coming future. Timing the market is not the top priority for this category of traders as they are willing to weather the storm and wait out a few months to see a large gain.

This is where the problem is for me. I am not really sure what kind of trader am i right now. I would like to do day trade but im also looking at ssing and position trades as well. Please help me to decide which is best.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:45:27 PM

Do not neglect your day job, that is the one that pays your bills and ensures you can get a paycheck at the end of it. Crypto trading is like an extra on the side where you may or may not get rich from it, in fact you might lose everything which is the case with unfortunate traders who invested in the bitconnect scandal. Trade during the commute or in the evenings, but when you're at work just check blockfolio once in a while - don't get hooked!
It is an option for someone who works in the real world and also works as a trader. I am also experiencing similar things and for me it is quite difficult is to divide the time, honestly I am very difficult to get quality rest time. As you said that we work during the day and do traders activity at night. In fact I often do sell and buy action coin that I have in time of rest. I also always observe the movement of coin prices that I have. It is very draining of my mind and energy, but I feel happy because in the end I get a satisfactory result. That is the struggle we have to do and we deserve to get the best.
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:47:49 PM

I been in the market for quite some time, being a trader is a lonely job as you does not have a real colleague unless you have a mentor or friends working together with you. The most important thing needed is discipline.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
lovela

Activity: 126

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:48:07 PM

please i need advice from those traders have has been in the business for long, how do you combine it with your other normal life activities , i mean cryptocurrency trading , i just started and am glued to my phone every second , advice will be appreciated  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Life of a Cryptocurrency Trader is very tough career because this isn't the normal career that we used to know and experienced while we are younger. We only knew about Bitcoin last 2010 but we're not expecting that we'll even adapt this kind of technology innovation into our life and carry our family into this job.
I've been struggling also as being started to engage day trading and it feels not normal to me since I started to join Signature Bounty campaigns and I', m going to maintain and comply the least number of posts per account so that I'm able to get bounty stakes and now I'm performing coin price monitoring so that I could buy low, hold and sell high in order to get more profit and just holding.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:58:36 PM

I been in the market for quite some time, being a trader is a lonely job as you does not have a real colleague unless you have a mentor or friends working together with you. The most important thing needed is discipline.
As a trader we should have patient, determination and ofcourse discipline. We tend to feel disappointed once it not hit our target. Trading is not easy because it requires analysis and learning some strategy so learning is always present. So life of a trader is difficult to deal with at start but later on you can adopt it's process in our daily lives.
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:04:34 PM

I am also a full-time crypto trader and it's very hard for giving time to everything because trading required all the focus and it diverts our mind from everything. But I always make myself relax give time to everything. I also give time to my family and also do trading and I am happy with it. I am successfully doing it...
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:21:14 PM

I am also a full-time crypto trader and it's very hard for giving time to everything because trading required all the focus and it diverts our mind from everything. But I always make myself relax give time to everything. I also give time to my family and also do trading and I am happy with it. I am successfully doing it...

Well you're doing it right I suppose. I never liked trading full time, it sucks energy and is always stressful emotionally. I can never live with that. Long term holding is much more bearable.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:27:06 PM

please i need advice from those traders have has been in the business for long, how do you combine it with your other normal life activities , i mean cryptocurrency trading , i just started and am glued to my phone every second , advice will be appreciated  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I try to trade and made bounty companies no more than two hours a day. I have a long-term strategy. I like to store coins. The market loves the patient ones.

Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:36:44 PM

I would never wish a trader's life to the worst enemy. This job is stressful, not very healthy sitting in front of the screen for hours. Then one needs amount of luck to succeed. Uptrend is often lengthy and dips are quick and people often fail to react timely.
Cryptolupus

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:55:31 AM

If you have self discipline and if you put strong boundaries to your activity, there are not special problems.
But it's very easy to become addicted, and then trading can be a path to misanthropy and then to schizophrenia.
Take care.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
Blockchain's First Payment API (http://go.openmoney.digital/9it9)
MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:44:00 PM

Like you just said, you keep checking it every moment. Its price not going to change every minute or second and it's the news that makes it move so instead of doing that, read relevant articles and check the prices maybe 5x a day on different times.
talinabtc

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:45:48 PM

the upcoming bear market will kill most enthusiasm ^^
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:45:53 PM

Do not forget about real life if you have a job and a family. Do between eye exercises, exercises, relax. You can not cope with the world's crypto currency. It is worth spending a few hours in the morning and in the evening, nothing more.
KTPU777

Activity: 154

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:49:35 PM

If you trade within a day, then you must constantly be in the market. Monitor and analyze the market boring constantly. Therefore, I trade on: a computer, a laptop and even a phone. And it will take you a very long time. Therefore, prepare for this.

Conquerogue32

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:51:35 PM

If one has already learned enough and has grown in trading, I believe that it won't take him much time to study the charts, make plan and execute that plan like it were a simple daily routine.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:55:04 PM

if you don't want to check your phone every second or minute, better do long term investment, in that way you will lessen your stress in checking your phone if there's a price hike or dips. don't forget to check news about cryptos.
HappyLocust41

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:56:41 PM

Some really think that traders are very busy, but actually it's the other way around since for swing or position traders, it's requires you to hold for some time and when your funds are currently invested, there's nothing much to do.
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:06:55 PM

if you don't want to check your phone every second or minute, better do long term investment, in that way you will lessen your stress in checking your phone if there's a price hike or dips. don't forget to check news about cryptos.

and also if you may have the choice to do longterm what was the best thing to do is to have a good research about the coin that you are strongly agree that this is a potential coin and you may earn some profit out of it.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: