Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin  (Read 102748 times)
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:45:16 PM

We request that you do not release the beta to anyone that is publicly soliciting funds from others.  

Thanks

No can do. They paid. They're getting the beta. That was the agreement. You can't change stuff afterwards like that.

I also posted early on in this thread that donating might not be the smartest idea, as people who get access to the beta will just resell it cheaper to cover their cost.
Dsfyu

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:52:35 PM

We request that you do not release the beta to anyone that is publicly soliciting funds from others.  

Thanks

No can do. They paid. They're getting the beta. That was the agreement. You can't change stuff afterwards like that.

It wasn't a payment, it was a donation. The ability to test the miner is a bonus perk and not something you directly paid for. But again, lets not turn this thread back into an argument about what constitutes a donation or a payment. If we do that it just wastes everyone's time and clutters the thread with more nonsense nobody really wants to read.

Don't just trade, get paid to Atomic⚛Trade !!!
Disclaimer: I am a noob. Assume I know nothing until proven otherwise.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:13:29 PM

Thanks

It wasn't a payment, it was a donation. The ability to test the miner is a bonus perk and not something you directly paid for. But again, lets not turn this thread back into an argument about what constitutes a donation or a payment. If we do that it just wastes everyone's time and clutters the thread with more nonsense nobody really wants to read.
mtlrt could also decide he's had enough of people trying to profit by reselling and just open source it as well, pissing off everyone.  Or he could make note of the resellers and then not send them the advance copy.  The few resellers upset would be nothing compared to the happy true donators.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 05:29:21 PM

Or he could make note of the resellers and then not send them the advance copy.
In fact, he can not do this, as it will be a violation of the public offer.

As an additional bonus, every donator of 1 BTC or more gets early access to the beta version at least a week before the miner is officially released.

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:02:56 PM

mtrtl could give the miner to people he chooses weeks before he gives the miner to idiots trying to resell it.... and 1 week later he could release the miner to public.

And he wouln't break his word that way.

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:04:41 PM

mtrtl could give the miner to people he chooses weeks before he gives the miner to idiots trying to resell it.... and 1 week later he could release the miner to public.

And he wouln't break his word that way.

+1

smolen

Activity: 524

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:14:16 PM

Thanks

They're getting the beta, sooner or later Smiley

Well, now I know who's not gonna get the miner first.

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 06:50:18 PM

Thanks

Since this is what is termed a 'gentleman's agreement', he can change it:

A gentlemen's agreement is an informal agreement between two or more parties. It is typically oral, though it may be written, or simply understood as part of an unspoken agreement by convention or through mutually beneficial etiquette. The essence of a gentlemen's agreement is that it relies upon the honor of the parties for its fulfillment, rather than being in any way enforceable. It is, therefore, distinct from a legal agreement or contract, which can be enforced if necessary.

An honest person would abide by the spirit of the agreement, a dishonest one would try to profit from it.

We see where you fall in this.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:02:26 PM

Thanks

They're getting the beta, sooner or later Smiley

Well, now I know who's not gonna get the miner first.

Now we know who is at the back of the line or maybe mtrlt should go "soup nazi" on him.   Grin

-tb-

litecoin_messiah

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 12:09:04 AM

Thanks

A gentlemen's agreement is an informal agreement between two or more parties. It is typically oral, though it may be written, or simply understood as part of an unspoken agreement by convention or through mutually beneficial etiquette. The essence of a gentlemen's agreement is that it relies upon the honor of the parties for its fulfillment, rather than being in any way enforceable. It is, therefore, distinct from a legal agreement or contract, which can be enforced if necessary.

An honest person would abide by the spirit of the agreement, a dishonest one would try to profit from it.

This agreement is mostly Anal... if you know what i mean  Kiss
ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 02:25:08 AM

Thanks

I'm not dishonest. I'm just bitter. I can't mine anymore, anyways. So it does not benefit me.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 02:03:26 PM

Thanks

haha, it's so funny watching all the greedy panicking.  Cheesy

I only posted a reply to yager's sub offering as a joke and there were already ppl sending me pms offering a whopping 10 xpm to get the script lol.

The funny part is that I have never actually donated anything yet, still waiting for the scheduled 25th of July release!

bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:20:22 PM

Thanks

I only posted a reply to yager's sub offering as a joke and there were already ppl sending me pms offering a whopping 10 xpm to get the script lol.

The funny part is that I have never actually donated anything yet, still waiting for the scheduled 25th of July release!
2014?
gigawatt

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:34:17 PM

Thanks

2014?

It's like Hofstader's Law in action!

BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV   Ψ: AWHJbwoM67Ez12SHH4pH5DnJKPoMSdvLz2   Primecoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Quarkcoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Metiscoin VPS Pool Mining Script
tonyk2005

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:40:37 PM

The amount of bitching in this thread is unreal.
If I was OP I wouldn't give it to anyone at this point.  Keep it for yourself mtrlt, and let the trolls write their own code.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:36:14 PM

What is the current difficulty up to? Do you think we will be finding blocks on xpm anymore when the next numbers get near to http://www.isthe.com/chongo/tech/math/digit/m57885161/prime-c.html?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Tamis

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 07:19:32 PM

That was bound to happen, especially here... :)

Very amusing !
crendore

Activity: 363

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:41:35 AM

looks like someone's got their hands on it: http://cryptobro.com

tonyk2005

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:54:23 AM

Could be mtrlt testing it himself?
Or a clever troll.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:56:24 AM

Could be mtrlt testing it himself?
Or a clever troll.
I would imagine that he will have to mine some blocks himself in order to test it out.  At the same time I'm hoping he can give us a status update soon Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: