Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:06:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: STAR COIN [STR] - The coin with bonus STAR blocks  (Read 143622 times)
infinitevs

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:16:19 PM

Ok found the listen=1 bug.  Starcoin has no uPnP capability and therefore the ports don't get forwarded to your Router.
You will need to add an entry into your Router or uPnP settings within Windows to allow users to connect to you.

swiftshoot: did that fix the syncing issue for you? has anyone noticed after installing a new client and syncing that the "estimated total blocks" drops from the "current number of blocks" (202517 currently) to 129471?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:01:14 PM

Ok found the listen=1 bug.  Starcoin has no uPnP capability and therefore the ports don't get forwarded to your Router.
You will need to add an entry into your Router or uPnP settings within Windows to allow users to connect to you.

Are you sure?  I'm running starcoin-qt on Windows 7 and have inbound connections, but I haven't configured anything special on my router.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 06:18:01 PM

They seem to be set that way on purpose.

Other coins are having similar issues.

HippieTech, could you please elaborate on that?

regards,

infin.

Plz allow me to answer that with another question. Grin

How many multi-pool friendly coins are having these problems ?

infinitevs

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:06:48 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 08:19:51 PM by infinitevs

Firstly let me just say a big THANKS to everyone that actually gave a fuck enough to try and help me troubleshoot! CHEERS!

SO I GOT ALL MY COINS BACK AND MY CLIENT PROPERLY IN SYNC Smiley

Here's how I did it:

BTW there are multiple chains happening so make sure you are 100% up to date with the blockviewer before your client starts generating pos blocks.. i'll explain below...

Okay after restoring my backup wallet, I attempted re-sync from scratch for the third time, this time remembering to unlock my wallet at the beginning of the resync...

So all the transactions happened like the 2nd time, about 4/5's of the way through my coins started appearing but this time instead of the coins disappearing after they showed up, my balance started to increase *sigh of relief*..

I kept syncing to realising that I had only lost 2 days worth of transactions now at least!

It made it all the way 199456, then slowed right down and started to generate POS blocks... after checking my other clients I realised these blocks must be stale and to allow the client to keep on regenerating them would just put it out of sync again I closed the client.

I installed a fresh client on another computer and started a resync, this went fine and completed to the correct amount as stated by the blockviewer, I closed the client and I copied the correctly completed blocks to the other computer with my original wallet overwriting the invalid block... I re-opened the client...

I then used repairwallet to restore the coins that were staked for the invalid pos blocks

SO NOW WE ARE ALL GOOD - Completely in SYNC, AWESOME..

Also I have made some changes to the conf file that will force the client to sync off of the good clients that I have found for the time being to prevent this happening again from bad clients... If anyone needs a hand just give me a yell...

Additionally if you are feeling generous feel free to send me some STR: sYYUD6zyyYpswwckX2pco8LbyxpE8FAqB5
Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 09:41:11 PM

Does anybody know how to contact the admin of the STR pool: http://str.minar.cc/index.php Huh
I've found many confirmed blocks for them today and my account still shows zero unconfirmed and zero confirmed.
The web contact form uses a broken captcha and won't submit my message.

ghghghfgh
swiftshoot

Activity: 200

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:06:57 AM

swiftshoot: did that fix the syncing issue for you? has anyone noticed after installing a new client and syncing that the "estimated total blocks" drops from the "current number of blocks" (202517 currently) to 129471?

Setting up the uPNP port fixed my issue and now I am fully synced.

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:11:15 AM

Are you sure?  I'm running starcoin-qt on Windows 7 and have inbound connections, but I haven't configured anything special on my router.
do a getpeerinfo
are all your peers have
"inbound" : false,
or any of them
"inbound" : true,

If they are all false, then you are on a different blockchain.
I have 11 of 18 connections that are set to true.

to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:14:40 AM

SO NOW WE ARE ALL GOOD - Completely in SYNC, AWESOME..

Also I have made some changes to the conf file that will force the client to sync off of the good clients that I have found for the time being to prevent this happening again from bad clients... If anyone needs a hand just give me a yell...

Kind of curious what did you do to change your starcoin.conf to weed out the bad clients...

btc:
ltc:
infinitevs

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:55:04 AM

Hi Swiftshoot,

close starcoin-qt and backup and delete peers.dat in your data directory.. update the starcoin.conf with something similar to the below config

Code:
daemon=1
bind=192.168.0.x
port=18216
listen=1
maxconnections=8
logtimestamps=1
gen=0
splash=0
dns=1
discover=1
irc=0
dnsseed=0
#onlynet=IPv4
server=1
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=18217
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcconnect=192.168.0.x
#seednode=add-any-other-known-bad-ips-then-uncomment
connect=37.229.117.57
connect=63.246.129.56:36302
connect=82.9.77.178
connect=198.84.250.234
connect=212.119.171.18
connect=216.155.151.242

start starcoin-qt

hope it helps..

also before you mentioned that the client had no upnp support, well the starcoind does... to get it setup automatically close starcoin-qt, then in a command prompt in windows type :

starcoind -upnp

now wait it will take a while to load and not say anything.. leave that prompt open and open another.. in this prompt keep trying:

starcoind getinfo

until you get a response that isn't server not found, once you get a response

you can close both the command prompts, UPNP for that client has been set in the router! Smiley

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:57:05 AM

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 02:59:45 AM

is this coin still around, its not on cryptsy atm?

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
infinitevs

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:01:04 AM

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:12:32 AM

Hi Swiftshoot,

close starcoin-qt and backup and delete peers.dat in your data directory.. update the starcoin.conf with something similar to the below config

Code:
daemon=1
bind=192.168.0.x
port=18216
listen=1
maxconnections=8
logtimestamps=1
gen=0
splash=0
dns=1
discover=1
irc=0
dnsseed=0
#onlynet=IPv4
server=1
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=18217
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcallowip=192.168.0.x
rpcconnect=192.168.0.x
#seednode=add-any-other-known-bad-ips-then-uncomment
connect=37.229.117.57
connect=63.246.129.56:36302
connect=82.9.77.178
connect=198.84.250.234
connect=212.119.171.18
connect=216.155.151.242

start starcoin-qt

hope it helps..

also before you mentioned that the client had no upnp support, well the starcoind does... to get it setup automatically close starcoin-qt, then in a command prompt in windows type :

starcoind -upnp

now wait it will take a while to load and not say anything.. leave that prompt open and open another.. in this prompt keep trying:

starcoind getinfo

until you get a response that isn't server not found, once you get a response

you can close both the command prompts, UPNP for that client has been set in the router! Smiley

Here are Starcoin's command line options.. no option for -upnp.  Not sure if it is in the source but I will check.
**Update: Checked source... it was defaulted to USE_UPNP=0 when compiled and therefore reason why it was not visible.  For next version could you please ensure it is compiled with USE_UPNP=1 so that it will automatically work for Windows.

Options:
  -?                     This help message
  -conf=<file>           Specify configuration file (default: StarCoin.conf)
  -pid=<file>            Specify pid file (default: StarCoind.pid)
  -gen                   Generate coins
  -gen=0                 Don't generate coins
  -datadir=<dir>         Specify data directory
  -dbcache=<n>           Set database cache size in megabytes (default: 25)
  -dblogsize=<n>         Set database disk log size in megabytes (default: 100)
  -timeout=<n>           Specify connection timeout in milliseconds (default: 5000)
  -proxy=<ip:port>       Connect through socks proxy
  -socks=<n>             Select the version of socks proxy to use (4-5, default: 5)
  -tor=<ip:port>         Use proxy to reach tor hidden services (default: same as -proxy)
  -dns                   Allow DNS lookups for -addnode, -seednode and -connect
  -port=<port>           Listen for connections on <port> (default: 18216 or testnet: 28216)
  -maxconnections=<n>    Maintain at most <n> connections to peers (default: 125)
  -addnode=<ip>          Add a node to connect to and attempt to keep the connection open
  -connect=<ip>          Connect only to the specified node(s)
  -seednode=<ip>         Connect to a node to retrieve peer addresses, and disconnect
  -externalip=<ip>       Specify your own public address
  -onlynet=<net>         Only connect to nodes in network <net> (IPv4, IPv6 or Tor)
  -discover              Discover own IP address (default: 1 when listening and no -externalip)
  -irc                   Find peers using internet relay chat (default: 1)
  -listen                Accept connections from outside (default: 1 if no -proxy or -connect)
  -bind=<addr>           Bind to given address. Use [host]:port notation for IPv6
  -dnsseed               Find peers using DNS lookup (default: 0)
  -nosynccheckpoints     Disable sync checkpoints (default: 0)
  -banscore=<n>          Threshold for disconnecting misbehaving peers (default: 100)
  -bantime=<n>           Number of seconds to keep misbehaving peers from reconnecting (default: 86400)
  -maxreceivebuffer=<n>  Maximum per-connection receive buffer, <n>*1000 bytes (default: 5000)
  -maxsendbuffer=<n>     Maximum per-connection send buffer, <n>*1000 bytes (default: 1000)
  -detachdb              Detach block and address databases. Increases shutdown time (default: 0)
  -paytxfee=<amt>        Fee per KB to add to transactions you send
  -server                Accept command line and JSON-RPC commands
  -testnet               Use the test network
  -debug                 Output extra debugging information. Implies all other -debug* options
  -debugnet              Output extra network debugging information
  -logtimestamps         Prepend debug output with timestamp
  -shrinkdebugfile       Shrink debug.log file on client startup (default: 1 when no -debug)
  -printtoconsole        Send trace/debug info to console instead of debug.log file
  -printtodebugger       Send trace/debug info to debugger
  -rpcuser=<user>        Username for JSON-RPC connections
  -rpcpassword=<pw>      Password for JSON-RPC connections
  -rpcport=<port>        Listen for JSON-RPC connections on <port> (default: 18217 or testnet: 28217)
  -rpcallowip=<ip>       Allow JSON-RPC connections from specified IP address
  -rpcconnect=<ip>       Send commands to node running on <ip> (default: 127.0.0.1)
  -blocknotify=<cmd>     Execute command when the best block changes (%s in cmd is replaced by block hash)
  -upgradewallet         Upgrade wallet to latest format
  -keypool=<n>           Set key pool size to <n> (default: 100)
  -rescan                Rescan the block chain for missing wallet transactions
  -salvagewallet         Attempt to recover private keys from a corrupt wallet.dat
  -checkblocks=<n>       How many blocks to check at startup (default: 2500, 0 = all)
  -checklevel=<n>        How thorough the block verification is (0-6, default: 1)
  -loadblock=<file>      Imports blocks from external blk000?.dat file

Block creation options:
  -blockminsize=<n>      Set minimum block size in bytes (default: 0)
  -blockmaxsize=<n>      Set maximum block size in bytes (default: 250000)
  -blockprioritysize=<n> Set maximum size of high-priority/low-fee transactions in bytes (default: 27000)

SSL options: (see the Bitcoin Wiki for SSL setup instructions)
  -rpcssl                                  Use OpenSSL (https) for JSON-RPC connections
  -rpcsslcertificatechainfile=<file.cert>  Server certificate file (default: server.cert)
  -rpcsslprivatekeyfile=<file.pem>         Server private key (default: server.pem)
  -rpcsslciphers=<ciphers>                 Acceptable ciphers (default: TLSv1+HIGH:!SSLv2:!aNULL:!eNULL:!AH:!3DES:@STRENGTH)

UI options:
  -lang=<lang>           Set language, for example "de_DE" (default: system locale)
  -min                   Start minimized
  -splash                Show splash screen on startup (default: 1)

btc:
ltc:
infinitevs

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:28:37 AM

Hi Swiftshoot,

Properly read what I wrote...

C:\Users\infinitevs\Desktop\starcoin>starcoind /?
StarCoin version v1.5.0.0

Usage:
  StarCoind [options]
  StarCoind [options] <command> [params]  Send command to -server or StarCoind
  StarCoind [options] help                List commands
  StarCoind [options] help <command>      Get help for a command

Options:
  -?                     This help message
  -conf=<file>           Specify configuration file (default: StarCoin.conf)
  -pid=<file>            Specify pid file (default: StarCoind.pid)
  -gen                   Generate coins
  -gen=0                 Don't generate coins
  -datadir=<dir>         Specify data directory
  -dbcache=<n>           Set database cache size in megabytes (default: 25)
  -dblogsize=<n>         Set database disk log size in megabytes (default: 100)
  -timeout=<n>           Specify connection timeout in milliseconds (default: 5000)
  -proxy=<ip:port>       Connect through socks proxy
  -socks=<n>             Select the version of socks proxy to use (4-5, default: 5)
  -tor=<ip:port>         Use proxy to reach tor hidden services (default: same as -proxy)
  -dns                   Allow DNS lookups for -addnode, -seednode and -connect
  -port=<port>           Listen for connections on <port> (default: 18216 or testnet: 28216)
  -maxconnections=<n>    Maintain at most <n> connections to peers (default: 125)
  -addnode=<ip>          Add a node to connect to and attempt to keep the connection open
  -connect=<ip>          Connect only to the specified node(s)
  -seednode=<ip>         Connect to a node to retrieve peer addresses, and disconnect
  -externalip=<ip>       Specify your own public address
  -onlynet=<net>         Only connect to nodes in network <net> (IPv4, IPv6 or Tor)
  -discover              Discover own IP address (default: 1 when listening and no -externalip)
  -irc                   Find peers using internet relay chat (default: 1)
  -listen                Accept connections from outside (default: 1 if no -proxy or -connect)
  -bind=<addr>           Bind to given address. Use [host]:port notation for IPv6
  -dnsseed               Find peers using DNS lookup (default: 0)
  -nosynccheckpoints     Disable sync checkpoints (default: 0)
  -banscore=<n>          Threshold for disconnecting misbehaving peers (default: 100)
  -bantime=<n>           Number of seconds to keep misbehaving peers from reconnecting (default: 86400)
  -maxreceivebuffer=<n>  Maximum per-connection receive buffer, <n>*1000 bytes (default: 5000)
  -maxsendbuffer=<n>     Maximum per-connection send buffer, <n>*1000 bytes (default: 1000)
  -upnp                  Use UPnP to map the listening port (default: 0)
  -detachdb              Detach block and address databases. Increases shutdown time (default: 0)
  -paytxfee=<amt>        Fee per KB to add to transactions you send
  -testnet               Use the test network
  -debug                 Output extra debugging information. Implies all other -debug* options
  -debugnet              Output extra network debugging information
  -logtimestamps         Prepend debug output with timestamp
  -shrinkdebugfile       Shrink debug.log file on client startup (default: 1 when no -debug)
  -printtoconsole        Send trace/debug info to console instead of debug.log file
  -printtodebugger       Send trace/debug info to debugger
  -rpcuser=<user>        Username for JSON-RPC connections
  -rpcpassword=<pw>      Password for JSON-RPC connections
  -rpcport=<port>        Listen for JSON-RPC connections on <port> (default: 18217 or testnet: 28217)
  -rpcallowip=<ip>       Allow JSON-RPC connections from specified IP address
  -rpcconnect=<ip>       Send commands to node running on <ip> (default: 127.0.0.1)
  -blocknotify=<cmd>     Execute command when the best block changes (%s in cmd is replaced by block hash)
  -upgradewallet         Upgrade wallet to latest format
  -keypool=<n>           Set key pool size to <n> (default: 100)
  -rescan                Rescan the block chain for missing wallet transactions
  -salvagewallet         Attempt to recover private keys from a corrupt wallet.dat
  -checkblocks=<n>       How many blocks to check at startup (default: 2500, 0 = all)
  -checklevel=<n>        How thorough the block verification is (0-6, default: 1)
  -loadblock=<file>      Imports blocks from external blk000?.dat file

Block creation options:
  -blockminsize=<n>      Set minimum block size in bytes (default: 0)
  -blockmaxsize=<n>      Set maximum block size in bytes (default: 250000)
  -blockprioritysize=<n> Set maximum size of high-priority/low-fee transactions in bytes (default: 27000)

SSL options: (see the Bitcoin Wiki for SSL setup instructions)
  -rpcssl                                  Use OpenSSL (https) for JSON-RPC connections
  -rpcsslcertificatechainfile=<file.cert>  Server certificate file (default: server.cert)
  -rpcsslprivatekeyfile=<file.pem>         Server private key (default: server.pem)
  -rpcsslciphers=<ciphers>                 Acceptable ciphers (default: TLSv1+HIGH:!SSLv2:!aNULL:!eNULL:!AH:!3DES:@STRENGTH)
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 06:50:17 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 07:31:02 AM by pr0d1gy

Is this coin ever coming back to cryptsy?

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:08:21 AM

Is this coin ever coming back to cryptsy?

that's what I would like to know Cheesy

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:58:45 PM

do a getpeerinfo
are all your peers have
or any of them

My understanding is that the "inbound" field refers to whether or not the peer connected to you, or the other way around:

inbound: false  (My client initiated the connection to the peer)
inbound: true  (The peer initiated the connection to me)

I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not a peer is sharing blocks.  All peers should be sharing blocks unless there's a problem.

Of course, if I'm totally mistaken someone should set me straight.  Wink

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:04:25 AM

Hi Swiftshoot,

Properly read what I wrote...

-maxreceivebuffer=<n>  Maximum per-connection receive buffer, <n>*1000 bytes (default: 5000)
  -maxsendbuffer=<n>     Maximum per-connection send buffer, <n>*1000 bytes (default: 1000)
  -upnp                  Use UPnP to map the listening port (default: 0)
  -detachdb              Detach block and address databases. Increases shutdown time (default: 0)
  -paytxfee=<amt>        Fee per KB to add to transactions you send

Yes I did see it.  Just mentioning that the Windows GUI version did not mention the -upnp option as in the help menu.  It should be updated to have the same options as the starcoind.exe is all I am saying.

btc:
ltc:
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:06:27 AM

do a getpeerinfo
are all your peers have
or any of them

My understanding is that the "inbound" field refers to whether or not the peer connected to you, or the other way around:

inbound: false  (My client initiated the connection to the peer)
inbound: true  (The peer initiated the connection to me)

I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not a peer is sharing blocks.  All peers should be sharing blocks unless there's a problem.

Of course, if I'm totally mistaken someone should set me straight.  Wink

Theoretically that is how I understood it as well but in practice, it does not seem like so.  When I opened up the ports to listen, poof I was able to sync correctly thereafter.

Maybe the Dev can shed some light on this issue?

btc:
ltc:
swiftshoot

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:49:18 PM

Or the Dev can ignore our requests and make Starcoin go to "junk" status...

btc:
ltc:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: