Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold 100 Cryptocurrencies for 5 Years - Week 1 - $404 USD in profit  (Read 595 times)
Cryptogab

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:22:38 PM

Will be good to see the difference between this investment vs the profit gained only with bitcoin in few months. I did kinda same investment but with only about 10 coins (random not the first10) and after few months I have to say that if I had invested only in BTC I would have gained a lot more  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:50:03 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 06:31:41 PM by kimochidesh

This seems to be a really good idea but I think it will only be effective when the market is in a Bullish stage. And for next 5 years we can't trust the market sentiments.  Moreover, 5 years is too long time, in between that Central authorities will try to regulate it in some way or another, so this regulation we can't really predict market movements.
But yes, diversifying investment is definitely an effective way to earn profits in long term.
aquantivis86

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:53:18 PM

I need a way of reminding myself to look at this thread in 5 years.  Just don't sell!  Hold until the end. It might be a bumpy ride.
Zandar

Activity: 294
Merit: 161

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

With so many forks, swaps, wallet changes, updates etc going on, I don't know if it is a good idea to buy and just hold for 5 years without keeping yourself updated. It would be wise to check up every week or other week if there have been made any changes to your coins. The deal with crypto is once you go in, you need to keep checking it. So good fortune on your five years of road ahead of you.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:59:49 PM

That's a very smart project and I will follow that. Perhaps I should make something similar.r myself even though 100 coins may not be enough Smiley

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
patispace

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:23:27 PM

This experiment seems very interesting to me, but my obvious question is what do you plan to do with the infinity of new cryptocurrencies that will appear over these five years? We must remember that many of the altcoins with great potential that exist today are new, so it is a fact that new surprises will emerge throughout the experiment.

Would you incorporate them by dropping others?
Aone

Activity: 230

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:29:59 PM

An interesting idea is an experiment. I recommend to set up a telegram channel in addition, there will be many subscribers interested in subscribing to it.

iamabasicboy

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:30:55 PM

Sharing this cool experiment on crypto, consist of holding 100 cryptos for 5 years, investing $10 on the top 100 on coinmarketcap. So far with $404 USD in profit on the initial $1000 invested seems like the experiment is doing well.

What do you think about it? Could it be an actual good strategy to spread the investment on many coins? has any of you done something similar?

https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-cryptocurrencies-for-5-years-week-1-404-usd-in-profit/

Cool project, there's any chance to be a part of this ?
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1590

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:34:27 PM

Sharing this cool experiment on crypto, consist of holding 100 cryptos for 5 years, investing $10 on the top 100 on coinmarketcap. So far with $404 USD in profit on the initial $1000 invested seems like the experiment is doing well.

What do you think about it? Could it be an actual good strategy to spread the investment on many coins? has any of you done something similar?

https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-cryptocurrencies-for-5-years-week-1-404-usd-in-profit/

Hi, I love your project. Personally I am not persistant enough to hold for 5 years the same coins. Typically, diversifiying your portfolio renders more stability. Some people are just so crazy about bitcoin that do not consider all the oportunities out there.

I do diversify, but also pay attention to some coins that look promising. I put a little bit and many times it has given nice results.

DreadEnvy

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:35:56 PM

Low risk, big profit. Probably about 30% of this currencies will be down in five years, but that which won't die will make you big profit. Good luck. I'll be following!
lyoth

Activity: 38
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:37:52 PM

Nice project! I hope you'll keep us updated even during the bear markets when the portfolio is bleeding! Looking forward to it!

Create Your Decentralized Life │ ESSENTIA │ One seed. Limitless opportunities (https://essentia.one)
Mazt rhiezt

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:52:28 PM

it's a natural thing and certainly many who do it by buying coins when the price is cheap and hold up until the price looks fun for him.
keeping an eye on your coin history before you buy it is the best step in making long-term investments.

██
▐█▄             ▄█▀
███    ▄██▄    ▄█▀ ██                          ██
███   ▄████   ▄█▀ ▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄
███  ▄█▀███  ▄█▀ ██▌ ▄██▀▄▀██▌ █▀  ▄█▀       ▄██▌ ▄██▀ ▀▄
███ ▄█▀▐███ ██▀ ██▌ ▐███▀ ▄█▀    ▄█▀        ▄██▌ ▄██   ▄▀
▐██▄█▀  █████▀ ▐██  ███  ▐██   ▄█▀          ██▀  ██▌  ▄▀
 ▀██▀   ▀██▀    ▀█  ▀█   ▀█  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀  ██ ▀█    ▀███▀

Every BTCit of Fun
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀████████▀▄
██▄▀██████▀▄██
▐███▌▐████▌▐███▌
██▀▄██████▄▀██
▀▄████████▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄█████████████████
        ███████████████████
       ██████████████████▀
      █████▀▀
     ████▀
    ████▀
   ████▀
  ████▀
 ████▀
████▀
████████░████████
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
▐███████▄░▄███████▌
███████▄░▄███████
███████████████

▀███████▀
▀▀▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
   BET NOW   
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
SUPERSAIAN
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1257

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:43:10 AM

This is straight profit now because we are in bull market. When thing turn down you will see how easy and fast they will be dumped. Bull markets are not a good time to buy coins to hold long term.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Anthony1985 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:16:19 PM

Nice project! I hope you'll keep us updated even during the bear markets when the portfolio is bleeding! Looking forward to it!

It will definetly be done.
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 01:58:28 PM

I would suggest to lessen it to top 20-30 cryptocurrency and check first the technology and the team that handle it. 100 crypto is a huge number in portfolio and many of them would not perform well.

supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:08:45 PM

Interesting idea but 100 crypto currencies looks too much and I think 90 of them will fade away in five years so it is better to invest on 10 crypto currencies than 100.But $404 in 1 week it a great achievement so you can cashout your invested money in some weeks and let's roll your profit amount for the five years who knows it may turn into $1M  on someday.Best of luck bro.
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:05:47 PM

It is very interesting. I myself thought to do something similar, but out of 50 coins and increase the purchase amount, since there is a large commission if you buy many different coins with small amounts. And 5 years is a long period. You just need to remember to follow them, as some coins fly off the exchange and lose their meaning at all. Y need to get rid of them, because in 5 years, who knows what will happen.
Temmy007

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:14:19 PM

It a good strategy but the big questions is can you hold for that long prior without being tempted to sell
Anthony1985 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:23:01 PM

It a good strategy but the big questions is can you hold for that long prior without being tempted to sell

Selling before 5 years is not allowed Smiley
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:25:35 PM

Thats a bad investment,picking coins without any research will waste your money and your precious time,you can double your money in just a week if you are good in trading with technical and fundamental analysis.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: