Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Avoid High Fees On Cryptopia  (Read 588 times)
ahmadoo (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:41:17 PM

1. Is it still working?
up till 2017 Dec 04, yes, perfectly. Cryptopia BTC withdraw fee is 0.002BTC (23USD!!!) and Poloniex remained at 0.0001 (1.15USD);
Meanwhile Cryptopia LTC withdraw fee is 0.02LTC (2 USD) and if you use BCH, it's 0.0008BCH (1.26USD)

2. Why LTC? Let's answer like this:
Why not ETH? Because Poloniex has a minimum deposit requirement of 0.5 ETH (230USD);
Why not BCH? Because of the block time - in my experience LTC is more stable and quicker than BCH at this moment. Moreover, I'm not a big fan of Roger Ver.
Why not other alts? Because of liquidity and spread.

3. But LTC price on Cryptopia is worse than Poloniex?
It depends on days. But generally LTC price is on a upward trend and is more stable than BCH and other alts, so the risk is manageable if you give it some patience (and if this 20USD saving is important for you).

(original post) Due to personal reasons, I decide to sell 100 onion for BTC. And I checked cryptopia.co.nz BTC withdraw fee, it's a horrible 0.001BTC

So what I did:
- Exchange onion for BTC on cryptopia;
- exchange BTC to LTC on cryptopia;
- withdraw LTC to Poloniex; (fee is 0.002LTC)
- exchange LTC to BTC;
- withdraw BTC from Poloniex (fee 0.0001BTC);

And LTC-BTC exchange rate on cryptopia is often slightly lower than Poloniex (so you buy LTC cheaper and sell on Poloniex for higher), so you gain a small delta by doing this, effectively covering all fees.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:43:36 PM

cryptopia withdraw 1000 xby = 75 xby fee

yobit = 0.01 xby

wtf

WhaleSlayer

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:34:56 PM

1. Is it still working?
up till 2017 Dec 04, yes, perfectly. Cryptopia BTC withdraw fee is 0.002BTC (23USD!!!) and Poloniex remained at 0.0001 (1.15USD);
Meanwhile Cryptopia LTC withdraw fee is 0.02LTC (2 USD) and if you use BCH, it's 0.0008BCH (1.26USD)

Why not ETH? Because Poloniex has a minimum deposit requirement of 0.5 ETH (230USD);
Why not BCH? Because of the block time - in my experience LTC is more stable and quicker than BCH at this moment. Moreover, I'm not a big fan of Roger Ver.

It depends on days. But generally LTC price is on a upward trend and is more stable than BCH and other alts, so the risk is manageable if you give it some patience (and if this 20USD saving is important for you).

(original post) Due to personal reasons, I decide to sell 100 onion for BTC. And I checked cryptopia.co.nz BTC withdraw fee, it's a horrible 0.001BTC

So what I did:
- exchange LTC to BTC;

And LTC-BTC exchange rate on cryptopia is often slightly lower than Poloniex (so you buy LTC cheaper and sell on Poloniex for higher), szo you gain a small delta by doing this, effectively covering all fees.

h

This is very useful news that you gave me. I will use it for sure. Only now I realize how much money I have thrown away.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:52:06 PM

These exchanges require so much time to figure out how to lower your costs. EtherDelta, Cryptopia, even Myetherwallet. It should be simpler more obvious and user friendly.
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 05:20:38 PM

Cryptopia is a world best crypto currency site but now a days many people know it is accept high value fess and hare is now way to avoid high fees . Many company in online market if you want to avoid high value you must use other crypto currency market.
dballz789

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:38:52 PM

Litecoin is always a great option to utilize when trying to lower fees. That's why ltc and tings like vertcoin will take off in the future.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:51:17 PM

yobit = 0.01 xby

wtf

Imagine how much money they are making with these bad practices. Seems quite lucrative.

1. Is it still working?

So what I did:
- exchange LTC to BTC;

And LTC-BTC exchange rate on cryptopia is often slightly lower than Poloniex (so you buy LTC cheaper and sell on Poloniex for higher), szo you gain a small delta by doing this, effectively covering all fees.

h

This is very useful news that you gave me. I will use it for sure. Only now I realize how much money I have thrown away.

Nice

Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:23:30 PM

I prefer dogecoin to withdraw. They have awesome cheap transfer fee and are sent nearly instant. Network is in opposite to ETH network always stable and they are pumping right now, whyever. And they can be lent on poloniex with good interest rates. So they have many advantages.
anthi

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:29:22 PM

the withdraw fees on cryptopia are still low compared to bittrex

send 2 btc, get 1 back :p
bc1q0zvjvfzyl8792pemrgdkrg78z7fm4e6m6nztmr
salterious

Activity: 258

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 06:31:52 PM

What are you serious they are higher than 200k satoshi? That is highway robbery what if I have only little funds on there it means I can't withdraw they will eat 10% + my funds. Cmon Bittrex don't do this your website is great don't do us like this Sad.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 06:44:33 PM

That was a good idea but you could also do like this:
Exchange onion for BTC
Exchange BTC for LTC
Withdraw LTC to changelly and exchange it to BTC with less transaction fees.
This avoids exchange to exchange hassles.

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:35:19 PM

I also agree that cryptopia is currently one of the best available exchanges, in fact right now it is my favorite exchange even though I have accounts in the most popular exchanges. But no one can be perfect in life and the issue of the high fees is something that we have to deal with, but fortunately this kind of tricks have been very useful to evade those absurd costs, almost $40 per bitcoin transaction!!!
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:57:35 PM

Though I use cryptopia every few weeks. I have never withdrawn btc. Thank you for the tip though
PapaJ

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:36:39 PM

Cryptopia robbing constantly, the conclusion is very large commission! Thanks for the help, I'll try on your scheme!
Master Carnegie

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:06:53 PM

Cryptopia is a great exchange, but it is centralized, a group governing and establishes a rate value, to avoid high rates, avoid small transactions, always try to sell in batches.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:16:34 PM

1. Is it still working?

So what I did:
- exchange LTC to BTC;

And LTC-BTC exchange rate on cryptopia is often slightly lower than Poloniex (so you buy LTC cheaper and sell on Poloniex for higher), so you gain a small delta by doing this, effectively covering all fees.

if you want to get lower fee when withdraw your bitcoin from cryptopia or any exchanger try to trade your bitcoin to dogecoin first and then withdraw it to your wallet address. when your dogecoin successfully landing on your wallet try to trade it again your dogecoin to bitcoin...

i always do this if i try trading altcoins and get my profits on my favorite exchanger
1kings

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:20:29 PM

Basic round tripping. You must be trading a good volume to maximize whatever fees you're paying. Also, the market has to be in your favour at your trading hours.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:23:41 PM

Such high fees, it's ridiculous really. Not a bad guide to follow this one though
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:32:53 PM

Withdrawal fee on bittrex is only 0.001 BTC. You may also try Monero as an alternative,  send it to other exchange and convert it immediately to bitcoin.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:54:01 PM

Cryptopia fee's are insane nowadays, i dont know why they are still having this kind of fees on their platform,
 it needs to be fixed asap.

Bittrex fees are 0.001 per withdrawal (about $19,5 at the moment)

Poloniex fees are 0.0001 (probably the most cheapest ones $1,95)

yobit = 0.01 xbyf

Localbitcoins is the most cheapest so far, 0.0005 per withdrawal, less than $0,75 per cashout.

Coinbase is probably the only exchange who has withdrawals so expensive.. Aprox $22 per withdraw

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀