View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cobra

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:13:13 AM

Funny, our opinion was asked and we said we did not want a pre-mine, close source shitcoin.  Then they complain it was bad-mouthed.  Don't ask for opinions if you won;t like the answer.

While it would initially be closed source to stop the copycat coin creators, it sounds like eventually it would move to open source after this beginning stage.  How many other coins are there based on an actual database with many other innovative features. Do some research.  Do you have a solution to the copycat coin creator problem?
emerefer

Activity: 338

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:13:23 AM

It will be the first digital currency to have integrated decentralised exchange right inside the client. Dan (the developer) is currently working on first beta client to handle basic transactions, integrated exchange is scheduled to be released soon on second phase if I'm correct.

I was pretty enthusiastic before I realized its being released as closed source. Game over. No need for a Ripplescam-2.

Wtf? closed source?

See, I was going to support the coin but if it's closed source I have second thoughts.

Im sure eMunies fucked if your not going to support it. Roll Eyes
eCoinomist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 05:25:17 AM

Funny, our opinion was asked and we said we did not want a pre-mine, close source shitcoin.  Then they complain it was bad-mouthed.  Don't ask for opinions if you won;t like the answer.
When exactly did "we" or "I" ask for your opinion? or was it you who openly decided to speak your "opinion" OUT-LOUD Wink
Sure, there was discussion about this in the forum, asking the community to decide. And "we" decided it should be closed source for at least 6-12 months.

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:51:28 AM

While it would initially be closed source to stop the copycat coin creators, it sounds like eventually it would move to open source after this beginning stage.
Bullshit.
It is closed source to protect the premine, and smart people won't run on theri computer closed source software related to money, since it could quite easily do any sort of nasty thing (stealing wallets, installing trojans, etc.).
And even if for some magical reason you could be sure that software isn't harmful (hint: you can't), it would still be pointless anyway because closed source = centralised, which totally defies the purpose of cryptocoins in the first place.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:53:22 AM

Creator of eMunie Logo
Nice logo.
A pity it is blatantly copied from Internet Explorer, with a hint of Firefox.

Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:55:54 AM

It is closed source to protect the premine
And this is quite fun, because it's like a self-fulfilling prophecy: they go closed source to protect the premine, but those coins will be even more worthless because they are closed source, achieving exactly what they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Greed fucks up people's minds.

How to completely botch the launch of something that would have been interesting instead.

HuuHachu

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:06:10 AM

It will be the first digital currency to have integrated decentralised exchange right inside the client. Dan (the developer) is currently working on first beta client to handle basic transactions, integrated exchange is scheduled to be released soon on second phase if I'm correct.

So it is really just like PXC? The whole point of the coin is for the dev/team to produce long-term revenue streams for themselves through micro-transactions?

Or does the exchange operate with 0% transaction fees and is powered via the miners? Explain decentrailized more if you can.

I suppose you mean XRP (ripple) and not PXC (phenixcoin) Smiley

noble: 9mKQpsfLeabjFsPv3YR9zYoAVymDPyfjCp
eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 09:12:15 AM

Creator of eMunie Logo
Nice logo.
A pity it is blatantly copied from Internet Explorer, with a hint of Firefox.

They say jealousy is the best form of flattery Smiley

Ps. the pic you see is my personal avatar, not even the logo. Here is the official logo.

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:18:18 AM

And even if for some magical reason you could be sure that software isn't harmful (hint: you can't), it would still be pointless anyway because closed source = centralised, which totally defies the purpose of cryptocoins in the first place.

I agree. I swear it's like other people keeping forgetting that decentralization is what was revolutionary about Bitcoin. It wasn't the online or digital parts. Centralized online value transfer systems already exist, and have much more legal standing. Paypal is a popular one. If you're centralized, then they're your competition, and you probably aren't going to get far at all.
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:32:13 AM

I was pretty enthusiastic before I realized its being released as closed source. Game over. No need for a Ripplescam-2.

That is what I want to figure out.

It is sounding exactly like ripple 2.0 with an internet explorer logo.

But also coupled with the business model / scam model of PXC where everything is highly centralized in order to capture revenue streams via micro-transactions. Play poker? they get fees. Use their exchange? they get fees. Etc. .

100% agree. Especially the internet explorer part  Tongue
CoinEntropy (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 10:37:21 AM

That is what I want to figure out.

It is sounding exactly like ripple 2.0 with an internet explorer logo.

But also coupled with the business model / scam model of PXC where everything is highly centralized in order to capture revenue streams via micro-transactions. Play poker? they get fees. Use their exchange? they get fees. Etc. .

100% agree. Especially the internet explorer part  Tongue

I think if they made it open-source this coin can excel all competition and compare itself to LTC. The design is ingenious. (research block 'trees')

Hey.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:06:59 PM

It will be the first digital currency to have integrated decentralised exchange right inside the client
BTW this is a lie, since Ripple already does that.

Of course it pales compared to lying about decentralisation itself, and agains the arrogant stance taken against all (well deserved) criticism.

I'm still giggling thinking about how much time did you waste, killing your own project with a couple bad decisions, despite several people kept explaining you over and over what are you doing wrong and why.

ilostcoins

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:26:23 PM

In what sense is it centralized?

LTC: LSyqwk4YbhBRtkrUy8NRdKXFoUcgVpu8Qb   NVC: 4HtynfYVyRYo6yM8BTAqyNYwqiucfoPqFW   TAG id: 4313
CMC: CAHrzqveVm9UxGm7PZtT4uj6su4suxKzZv   YAC: Y9m5S7M24sdkjdwxnA9GZpPez6k6EqUjUt
AgentME

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:28:15 PM

In what sense is it centralized?

If it's closed source, then only the developers have the source and control of it. There's no way to inspect changes to it. No way to maintain your own patches.
eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 01:38:51 PM

Most people moaning in this thread don't seem to understand the concept of "agile" deployment. No one ever said it's going to be closed source forever, shall I make it bold and clear that it's ONLY CLOSED_SOURCE FOR 12 MONTHS?

AgentME

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:41:47 PM

Most people moaning in this thread don't seem to understand the concept of "agile" deployment. No one ever said it's going to be closed source forever, shall I make it bold and clear that it's ONLY CLOSED_SOURCE FOR 12 MONTHS?

Why is closed source a requirement of agile deployment?
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:46:53 PM

No one ever said it's going to be closed source forever, shall I make it bold and clear that it's ONLY CLOSED_SOURCE FOR 12 MONTHS?
Then it is centralised, hence totally pointless, for 12 months.
Come back in 12 months, thanks.

eCoinomist

Independent Analyst

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 02:06:43 PM

No one ever said it's going to be closed source forever, shall I make it bold and clear that it's ONLY CLOSED_SOURCE FOR 12 MONTHS?
Then it is centralised, hence totally pointless, for 12 months.
Come back in 12 months, thanks.

Ok, see you in 12 months then Wink

ilostcoins

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:09:48 PM

So, the way some people here use the term "centralized" has nothing to do with how the protocol functions, whether it is based on a peer-to-peer network etc.

LTC: LSyqwk4YbhBRtkrUy8NRdKXFoUcgVpu8Qb   NVC: 4HtynfYVyRYo6yM8BTAqyNYwqiucfoPqFW   TAG id: 4313
CMC: CAHrzqveVm9UxGm7PZtT4uj6su4suxKzZv   YAC: Y9m5S7M24sdkjdwxnA9GZpPez6k6EqUjUt
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: