Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GOA] GoaCoin - new Wallet 0.12.2.2, POW, Masternodes, NeoScrypt  (Read 83575 times)
sb054

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:44:45 PM

Gainers: masternodes.online

1. GoaCoin (GOA):  120.25%
2. SCORE (SCORE):  101.43%
3. Polis (POLIS):  100.77%
4. Numus (NMS):  75.55%
5. STRAKS (STAK):  62.38%
6. MoneyBag (MNB):  60.18%
7. Galactrum (ORE):  59.09%
8. Bitradio (BRO):  54.95%
9. Social Send (SEND):  54.48%
10. LUXCoin (LUX):  40.15%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adm.leandros

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:25:53 PM

Anyone who already has a masternode, could you tell how long the payments start?
Because I created a masternode 15 hours ago and nothing
neuhof7

Activity: 34
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:21:19 PM

We are happy with any help. If you want to join us, write to us. Immediately indicate what exactly you can help and on what terms.
About premine
We releasing premine for the development and promotion of coins.

We understand that everyone worries about the premine. We promise to spend on our side only the most necessary for the development and promotion of the coin. We think that we will not need the whole amount for this.
At the end of the year, we plan to either burn the leftovers or distribute them among all network members. We are ready to listen to your suggestions.
We believe that the premine belongs to everyone and we must solve his destinies together. From your suggestions we will organize a vote.
You can keep track of spending here: http://goaco.in/premine-spending.html

Due to the growth of the rate, we plan to review the size of the awards. All with whom there were already arrangements for payment, will receive as agreed. This is about 500 GOA (this is the payment of technical support, bounty manager and translators).
One of these days begins the program of bounty for which we plan to spend about 4000 GOA. Later we will report more details.

Hey,

why do you want to review the size of the rewards? you calculated in GOA. now they're worth more than you expected. so i think there should be more money from the premine for the important things to pay for.

We plan to cancel the award for the logo. We appreciate your work and plan to reward everyone with a small amount for the submitted variants of logos. For a more modest reward for the development of the logo, professional designers will take part. We believe this will be true of all members of the community.
If you believe that it is necessary to act like something else, just let us know. We are always ready to go to meet the community.

Why cancel it totally and then pay for a designer later if some already made suggestions and there will be more for sure from the community. I did some more designs which i planned to show you and the community today.

Your participation
If you:
-programmer
-developer of mobile app
-webmaster
-designer

If you are ready to help the community for an adequate reward, just let us know.

GoaCoin communities open to all. Follow our news.

here are some more layouts for the logo from me:
https://image.ibb.co/jkiXwm/26755650_10155765223395380_269280772_n.png (Original)

https://image.ibb.co/hfVqhR/26754795_10155765223400380_849593220_n.png
https://image.ibb.co/jkiXwm/26755650_10155765223395380_269280772_n.png

We appreciate your work and plan to reward everyone with a small amount for the submitted variants of logos.
If you want to do this:
Code:
GeEWB2YSQXcwrADAVvSuBmhADh21bjixHX

i can offer more logo designs or designs in general.
pm for details @goacoincore

best regards
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 05:32:48 PM

USCG_Vet's (aka carbonc in bitcointalk.org) bring's you:
GoaCoin MasterNode GUIDE for windows+linux [Hot+Cold]
Code:
#I want to give credit to paranoidtruth for most of this manual.
#I borrowed a lot of his work from another coin.
#GoaCoin GUIDE for windows-linux setup

#you need a linux vps to get a public IP, etc.  If you don't know what that is, do something else.
#I am NOT a linux expert, if you are and see anything incorrect, unnecessary, or should be added for security, etc, please let me know and I'll update!
#focusing on the linux side, the windows *should* be pretty easy and simpler than it sounds
#But I will also cover the windows side below.

#I personally use a fairly small linux instance, 1024memory, ubuntu, 16.04
#there are tons of vps services like: ovh, vpsdime, vultr, digitalocean, etc, etc.
#get the ip & root login from your vps you setup
#SSH into the vps (most windows users will use putty.  If you're not familiar with putty, watch a quick youtube vid)
#If you're on a mac (when the mac wallet is available, you have a built in SSH terminal instead of putty)
#setup putty to connect to the IP and save that connection, ssh root@your_ip
#after connecting should see something like: root@whatever_your_server_name_is
#copy all instructions one line at a time:

#if we have a cheap vps instance with low memory, a swap file for more memory is a good idea:
free -h
#that will just show what you currenty have

#now setup the swap:
sudo fallocate -l 4G /swapfile
ls -lh /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
#Make Changes Permanent
echo '/swapfile none swap sw 0 0' | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab
sudo bash -c "echo 'vm.swappiness = 10' >> /etc/sysctl.conf"

#Confirm Changes, you should now see a second line different that before, showing the 4G swap has been setup
free -h

#I also prefer to not install as root.  Security & makes it easier if later you want to run more than one coin on the server,
#you will have a diff home dir for each coin
#so let's create a user called GoaCoin1
#it's going to ask you questions like room number, you can just hit enter for all those, all you really need to fill in
#is the new user password, do not lose this password either, you need both the root & GoaCoin1 password from now on

#You can try to run this command but sometimes you will get an error message depending on the Linux install you have
adduser GoaCoin1

# This is the error message from running "adduser GoaCoin1" on some Linux configurations
# "adduser: Please enter a username matching the regular expression configured
# via the NAME_REGEX[_SYSTEM] configuration variable.  Use the '--force-badname'
# option to relax this check or reconfigure NAME_REGEX."
# Since we don't want to reconfigure the NAME_REGEX file,
# let's just relax the constraint for the new username instead.
sudo adduser --force-badname GoaCoin1

#now give this user sudo access (more power!)
usermod -aG sudo GoaCoin1

#alright, if this is your first coin on the server, there are upgrades & dependencies to install:
sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
sudo apt-get install nano htop git vim -y
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake -y
sudo apt-get install pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils software-properties-common -y
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev libminiupnpc-dev libssl-dev libevent-dev -y
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev -y
sudo apt-get install fail2ban -y
sudo apt-get install -y ufw
sudo apt-get update -y

#alright, now let's install GoaCoin
#change over to our GoaCoin1 user to install in that user home dir
#it may ask for your GoaCoin1 password
su - GoaCoin1

#verify we are in the GoaCoin1 home dir:
pwd
#that will show your curr directory, which should be /home/GoaCoin1

#Now let's install GoaCoin into your new user's home folder
git clone https://github.com/goacoincore/goacoin.git

#Check to see if it created a goacoin folder
ls
#You should see the "goacoin" folder in a different color

#build it, some of these steps will take a while:
cd goacoin
chmod 755 autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure
chmod 755 share/genbuild.sh
make

#built, lets move back to your home dir:
cd ~/

#now, the ls command shows your files/directories
ls
#the ls -alrt will show all your hidden files/directories as well:
ls -alrt

#you should see a lot more there, like the .goacoincore directory that you didn't see before, so you have a GoaCoin & a .goacoincore directory
#copy your goacoind executable file to /usr/local/bin so that it's globally executable from anywhere
sudo chmod +x goacoin/src/goacoind
sudo cp goacoin/src/goacoind /usr/local/bin/

#alright, let's see if we can start it:
goacoind -daemon
#now it should be running.  try some commands:

# change directory to the goacoin/src/ folder
cd goacoin/src/

# List all commands for ./goacoin-cli
./goacoin-cli help

# Get mining info
./goacoin-cli getmininginfo

#you should see some info, one important one is the blocks.
#do that command again:
#you should see a higher block number than before.  If it is, it's syncing to the block chain, doing good!
#let it run for a while.  we want it to fully sync, so keep doing that command until it reaches the curr block
#what's the current block?  you can see the block # here: http://goacoin.be/

#ok, all sync'd?  let's stop it because we are going to edit the conf file.  
#If you edit the conf file, in particular the user/pass while it's running, you'll get stuck, so always stop it first:
./goacoin-cli stop

#probably easiest editor to use is nano, at the bottom you'll see commands,
#like CTRL-X will exit (it says where it's going to save, hit [ENTER])
nano .goacoincore/goacoin.conf

#remove whatever is there, and copy-paste exactly this into it:

rpcuser=goacoin1rpc_or_some_other_random_username_with_only_letters_and_numbers
rpcpassword=asdf1234_or_make_up_some_random_pass_with_letters_and_numbers_you_do_not_need_to_remember_it
rpcport=10024
port=1947
masternode=1
listen=1
staking=0
discover=1
maxconnections=256
externalip=YOUR_VPS_IP:1947
masternodeprivkey=xxx
addnode=54.37.74.53
addnode=207.148.66.170
addnode=194.67.220.255
addnode=45.76.190.44
addnode=80.208.227.101
addnode=185.92.223.139

#NOW replace the rpcuser, rpcpassword, and the externalip IP address.
#The IP is your vps IP:1947, so it should look like xx.xx.xx.xx:1947
#the masternodeprivkey will be from your windows setup.  If you already did that, you already have it.  
#But you probably don't if you haven't done the windows side yet, so just leave it as xxx for now

#to save
CTRL X

#agree to over write the file press Y
Y

#to tell Linux to make the change to the file and exit nano
ENTER

# allow port 1947 through the firewall
sudo ufw allow 1947/tcp

#linux side is almost done.  (we still need the masternodeprivkey from your Windows PC wallet)
#######################################################################################################

#######################################################################################################
# WINDOWS:
#side note, you actually need a little over 1000 because there's a trans fee.  
#If you literally have only 1000, go buy one more coin.

1) Download and install GAO on your home PC computer, links:

https://github.com/goacoincore/goacoin/releases/download/v0.12.1.6/goacoin-qt-0.12.1.6-win64.zip
   https://github.com/goacoincore/goacoin/releases/download/v0.12.1.6/goacoin-qt-0.12.1.6-win32.zip
   Choose win64 OR win32 based on the operating system (I always get the 32-bit because it's usually less buggy)

2) Wait until the wallet synchronizes and all the blocks are updated.

2a) Encrypt your wallet (Top left menu: Settings --> Encrypt Wallet...) Set a strong password and DON'T LOSE IT!
2b) BACKUP YOUR WALLET (Top left menu: File --> Backup Wallet...) Save the file somewhere safe.
2c) Did I mention that you need to backup your wallet?  You need to backup your wallet...!
2d) HEY YOU!  BACKUP YOUR WALLET!!!

3) Go to the menu 'Tools' en select option 'Debug console'.

4) In the console type getnewaddress <your MN name>. Your MN alias name can be a name choosen by you.
Let's choose as example "mymasternode" for this guide.

5) In the Console enter the command getaccountaddress mymasternode. You'll get the address.

6) Send 1000 GOA coins to address generated in step 4. With the 1 extra you're sure you don't have to bother about the fee.

Goto menu 'Send' --> paste the address in 'Pay To' input box, enter 1000 en press button 'Send'.
The transaction fee should be automatically added to the transaction from the remaining balance.

7) Wait for the 10 confirmations to complete, check it in the 'Transactions tab', this can take 30-60 minutes.

7a) I hope you remembered to backup your wallet and your password...  Just say'in...

8  Go to the menu 'Tools' --> 'Debug console'.

9) Type: masternode genkey

10) Type: masternode outputs

11) Copy the answers from step 9 and 10 to a empty notepad, for later usage.

15) Now go to 'Tools' --> 'Open Masternode configuration File'  to edit this configuration. Delete the content of the file.
16) Add your own masternode configuration settings copy the following text, the answers did you save in step 4 and 11:

<your MN alias name> <your ip address>:1947 <answer of step 9> <first part of answer in step 10> <2nd part of answer in step 10>

It should look something like this:
   mymasternode 88.77.66.55:1947 765765634GHGjhgfsda782332bhds98dasbgh398hds9 34783478347hHJKLh438743hhbuon4123uusdaj23JJK8327H 1

In the above line, last number can be 0 or 1 depending on the answer of step 10, in this guide we got 1 at the end of outputs

17) Save your masternode configuration file and close notepad.

18) Close your GoaCoin Wallet program on Windows

###############################################################################################

###############################################################################################
LINUX VPS:

#go back to your VPS Linux server (putty)

#switch to the GoaCoin1 user
su - GoaCoin1

#update the vps config:

#update your masternodeprivkey from step 9) and then exit/save
CTRL-X then Y then [ENTER]

#start it:
goacoind

# Close the SSH window to end the session

WINDOWS
#go back to windows, let's kick it off:

#Open your GoaCoin exe
#go to the "My Masternodes" tab
#hit the start or start all button.
#with any luck it will show successfully started.  If it does not:
#"could not allocate vin" means your wallet isn't unlocked, OR it didn't recognize your 1000 coins for the MN, maybe wrong amount.
#check the block explorer using your MN addr (remember, it's in your receive tab so you can copy it from there)
# http://goacoin.be/
#does it have exactly one transaction of 1000?  It's very picky about that rule.

#ok, hopefully all of that is sorted out
#in windows, go to the masternodes tab and click on the masternodes network sub-tab
#you should be able to find yours.  The active column will take a while to update, don't worry

##############################################################################################
LINUX
#ok, let's go back to your vps (putty)

#now, let's see if we can see our ip in the list, swap in YOUR ip instead of xx.xx.xx.xx:

cd goacoin/src/

./goacoin-cli help

# Get mining info

# List Masternodes
./goacoin-cli masternode list | grep xx.xx.xx.xx

#with any luck you will see something like: xx.xx.xx.xx:1947 : 1,
#1 is good, that means your ip is active/enabled in the goacoin masternode list

#FYI: some commands you might use on occasion:
goacoind #starts goacoin
./goacoin-cli masternode list #shows all nodes
./goacoin-cli stop #stops goacoin
./goacoin-cli getmininginfo #show blocks, etc.
./goacoin-cli help #shows every possible command

#add a couple basic sec items, firewall & fail2ban
sudo ufw default allow outgoing
sudo ufw default deny incoming
sudo ufw allow ssh/tcp
sudo limit ssh/tcp
sudo ufw allow 1947/tcp
sudo ufw logging on
sudo ufw enable
sudo ufw status

#note, if you run other coins on diff ports, run the firewall allow commands to open/allow those ports as well
#like we did above to allow 1947

#fail2ban:
sudo systemctl enable fail2ban
sudo systemctl start fail2ban

#wait for rewards.  First one might take up to 24 hours.
#I also use the monitoring feature of masternodes.online.  
#You can create an acct and find your node by searching by ip:port
#add it to your monitor list, and be sure that it's running.

################################################################################

If you haven't done so already, I recommend you go BACKUP YOUR WALLET!!!

Has anyone ran into the issue of after the below steps, no additional directories are created? Especially the goacoincore diretory.  Tried to configure the goacoin.conf but it does not exist.  i followed the guide to the T and get the same results.  thank you.

*Also i get this error during the ./configure switch.   libdb_cxx headers missing, GoaCoin Core requires this library for wallet. 

cd goacoin
chmod 755 autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

cd ~/

ls
ls -alrt

#you should see a lot more there, like the .goacoincore directory that you didn't see before, so you have a GoaCoin & a .goacoincore directory
#copy your goacoind executable file to /usr/local/bin so that it's globally executable from anywhere
sudo chmod +x goacoin/src/goacoindt

I get the exact same error and I am not sure what cause it. Any help on this would be appreciated - I guess some people might now about it as there are over 110 MN operating.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
tim.mining

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:28:48 PM

About new exchanges
We send requests for addition to large stock exchanges. While the major exchanges are silent, they all have large influxes of new users and we think they simply do not have time to add new coins. All major exchanges want the initial fee for adding.

We plan to sell 5-10 masternodes. And the proceeds to send to pay the fee.
We are ready to discuss with you whether it is necessary to sell coins from the premine and at what price.
We propose to sell 5 masternodes for 5 BTC. What do you think about it?

With 5 BTC you won't be able to list anywhere.

Look at polis coin after they increased MN rewards. Now their MN worth 4 BTC. Why not to do the same thing? Give 75% of block to MNs, wait for a week, thaen sell 5 MNs from auction for 20 BTC and list us to HitBTC or Cryptopia.

We need to get to some major exchange, that's my point. Without liquidity we are very vulnerable
Mikka.St

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:51:47 PM

Yes we need to increase MN rewards, it will increase the price and we will be able to get to other exchanges!
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:53:09 PM

Has anyone ran into the issue of after the below steps, no additional directories are created? Especially the goacoincore diretory.  Tried to configure the goacoin.conf but it does not exist.  i followed the guide to the T and get the same results.  thank you.

*Also i get this error during the ./configure switch.   libdb_cxx headers missing, GoaCoin Core requires this library for wallet. 

I get the exact same error and I am not sure what cause it. Any help on this would be appreciated - I guess some people might now about it as there are over 110 MN operating.

If you mean this error "*Also i get this error during the ./configure switch.   libdb_cxx headers missing, GoaCoin Core requires this library for wallet."  That's your problem.  To fix it:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev
    then recompile.

If you're talking about nano complaining that the .conf file doesn't exist, then the most likely issue is one of the following
    1. You're not in your home directory.
    2. You ran it as root the first time and now you're trying to edit it as your user
    3. You ran it as user the first time, and now you're trying to edit it as root.[/li]
Suggested solution:
1. Make sure you're user and not root (prompt should end in a $  NOT a #)
2. run Goa again
3. Try nano ~/.gocoincore/goacoin.conf  (makes sure you're referencing the home directory instead of the present working directory)
4. Report the messages at 1 if there's a problem.

[/quote]

Yes, i was missing the libdb - after installing it correctly the next steps were working fine. Synching to the current block height now, thank you! Smiley

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
neuhof7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:21:26 PM

USCG_Vet's (aka carbonc in bitcointalk.org) bring's you:
GoaCoin MasterNode GUIDE for windows+linux [Hot+Cold]
Code:
#I want to give credit to paranoidtruth for most of this manual.
#I borrowed a lot of his work from another coin.
#GoaCoin GUIDE for windows-linux setup

#you need a linux vps to get a public IP, etc.  If you don't know what that is, do something else.
#I am NOT a linux expert, if you are and see anything incorrect, unnecessary, or should be added for security, etc, please let me know and I'll update!
#focusing on the linux side, the windows *should* be pretty easy and simpler than it sounds
#But I will also cover the windows side below.

#I personally use a fairly small linux instance, 1024memory, ubuntu, 16.04
#there are tons of vps services like: ovh, vpsdime, vultr, digitalocean, etc, etc.
#get the ip & root login from your vps you setup
#SSH into the vps (most windows users will use putty.  If you're not familiar with putty, watch a quick youtube vid)
#If you're on a mac (when the mac wallet is available, you have a built in SSH terminal instead of putty)
#setup putty to connect to the IP and save that connection, ssh root@your_ip
#after connecting should see something like: root@whatever_your_server_name_is
#copy all instructions one line at a time:

#if we have a cheap vps instance with low memory, a swap file for more memory is a good idea:
free -h
#that will just show what you currenty have

#now setup the swap:
sudo fallocate -l 4G /swapfile
ls -lh /swapfile
sudo chmod 600 /swapfile
sudo mkswap /swapfile
sudo swapon /swapfile
#Make Changes Permanent
echo '/swapfile none swap sw 0 0' | sudo tee -a /etc/fstab
sudo bash -c "echo 'vm.swappiness = 10' >> /etc/sysctl.conf"

#Confirm Changes, you should now see a second line different that before, showing the 4G swap has been setup
free -h

#I also prefer to not install as root.  Security & makes it easier if later you want to run more than one coin on the server,
#you will have a diff home dir for each coin
#so let's create a user called GoaCoin1
#it's going to ask you questions like room number, you can just hit enter for all those, all you really need to fill in
#is the new user password, do not lose this password either, you need both the root & GoaCoin1 password from now on

#You can try to run this command but sometimes you will get an error message depending on the Linux install you have
adduser GoaCoin1

# This is the error message from running "adduser GoaCoin1" on some Linux configurations
# "adduser: Please enter a username matching the regular expression configured
# via the NAME_REGEX[_SYSTEM] configuration variable.  Use the '--force-badname'
# option to relax this check or reconfigure NAME_REGEX."
# Since we don't want to reconfigure the NAME_REGEX file,
# let's just relax the constraint for the new username instead.
sudo adduser --force-badname GoaCoin1

#now give this user sudo access (more power!)
usermod -aG sudo GoaCoin1

#alright, if this is your first coin on the server, there are upgrades & dependencies to install:
sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
sudo apt-get install nano htop git vim -y
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake -y
sudo apt-get install pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils software-properties-common -y
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev libminiupnpc-dev libssl-dev libevent-dev -y
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev -y
sudo apt-get install fail2ban -y
sudo apt-get install -y ufw
sudo apt-get update -y

#alright, now let's install GoaCoin
#change over to our GoaCoin1 user to install in that user home dir
#it may ask for your GoaCoin1 password
su - GoaCoin1

#verify we are in the GoaCoin1 home dir:
pwd
#that will show your curr directory, which should be /home/GoaCoin1

#Now let's install GoaCoin into your new user's home folder
git clone https://github.com/goacoincore/goacoin.git

#Check to see if it created a goacoin folder
ls
#You should see the "goacoin" folder in a different color

cd goacoin
chmod 755 autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

cd ~/

ls
ls -alrt

sudo chmod +x goacoin/src/goacoind
sudo cp goacoin/src/goacoind /usr/local/bin/

#alright, let's see if we can start it:
goacoind -daemon
#now it should be running.  try some commands:

cd goacoin/src/

./goacoin-cli help

# Get mining info

#you should see some info, one important one is the blocks.
#do that command again:
#you should see a higher block number than before.  If it is, it's syncing to the block chain, doing good!
#let it run for a while.  we want it to fully sync, so keep doing that command until it reaches the curr block
#what's the current block?  you can see the block # here: http://goacoin.be/

#ok, all sync'd?  let's stop it because we are going to edit the conf file.  
#If you edit the conf file, in particular the user/pass while it's running, you'll get stuck, so always stop it first:
./goacoin-cli stop

#probably easiest editor to use is nano, at the bottom you'll see commands,
#like CTRL-X will exit (it says where it's going to save, hit [ENTER])

#remove whatever is there, and copy-paste exactly this into it:

rpcuser=goacoin1rpc_or_some_other_random_username_with_only_letters_and_numbers
rpcpassword=asdf1234_or_make_up_some_random_pass_with_letters_and_numbers_you_do_not_need_to_remember_it
rpcport=10024
port=1947
masternode=1
listen=1
staking=0
discover=1
maxconnections=256
externalip=YOUR_VPS_IP:1947
masternodeprivkey=xxx
addnode=54.37.74.53
addnode=207.148.66.170
addnode=194.67.220.255
addnode=45.76.190.44
addnode=80.208.227.101
addnode=185.92.223.139

#NOW replace the rpcuser, rpcpassword, and the externalip IP address.
#The IP is your vps IP:1947, so it should look like xx.xx.xx.xx:1947
#the masternodeprivkey will be from your windows setup.  If you already did that, you already have it.  
#But you probably don't if you haven't done the windows side yet, so just leave it as xxx for now

#to save
CTRL X

#agree to over write the file press Y
Y

#to tell Linux to make the change to the file and exit nano
ENTER

# allow port 1947 through the firewall
sudo ufw allow 1947/tcp

#linux side is almost done.  (we still need the masternodeprivkey from your Windows PC wallet)

# WINDOWS:
#side note, you actually need a little over 1000 because there's a trans fee.  
#If you literally have only 1000, go buy one more coin.

1) Download and install GAO on your home PC computer, links:

https://github.com/goacoincore/goacoin/releases/download/v0.12.1.6/goacoin-qt-0.12.1.6-win64.zip
   https://github.com/goacoincore/goacoin/releases/download/v0.12.1.6/goacoin-qt-0.12.1.6-win32.zip
   Choose win64 OR win32 based on the operating system (I always get the 32-bit because it's usually less buggy)

2) Wait until the wallet synchronizes and all the blocks are updated.

2a) Encrypt your wallet (Top left menu: Settings --> Encrypt Wallet...) Set a strong password and DON'T LOSE IT!
2b) BACKUP YOUR WALLET (Top left menu: File --> Backup Wallet...) Save the file somewhere safe.
2c) Did I mention that you need to backup your wallet?  You need to backup your wallet...!
2d) HEY YOU!  BACKUP YOUR WALLET!!!

3) Go to the menu 'Tools' en select option 'Debug console'.

4) In the console type getnewaddress <your MN name>. Your MN alias name can be a name choosen by you.
Let's choose as example "mymasternode" for this guide.

5) In the Console enter the command getaccountaddress mymasternode. You'll get the address.

6) Send 1000 GOA coins to address generated in step 4. With the 1 extra you're sure you don't have to bother about the fee.

Goto menu 'Send' --> paste the address in 'Pay To' input box, enter 1000 en press button 'Send'.
The transaction fee should be automatically added to the transaction from the remaining balance.

7) Wait for the 10 confirmations to complete, check it in the 'Transactions tab', this can take 30-60 minutes.

7a) I hope you remembered to backup your wallet and your password...  Just say'in...

8  Go to the menu 'Tools' --> 'Debug console'.

9) Type: masternode genkey

10) Type: masternode outputs

11) Copy the answers from step 9 and 10 to a empty notepad, for later usage.

15) Now go to 'Tools' --> 'Open Masternode configuration File'  to edit this configuration. Delete the content of the file.
16) Add your own masternode configuration settings copy the following text, the answers did you save in step 4 and 11:

<your MN alias name> <your ip address>:1947 <answer of step 9> <first part of answer in step 10> <2nd part of answer in step 10>

It should look something like this:
   mymasternode 88.77.66.55:1947 765765634GHGjhgfsda782332bhds98dasbgh398hds9 34783478347hHJKLh438743hhbuon4123uusdaj23JJK8327H 1

In the above line, last number can be 0 or 1 depending on the answer of step 10, in this guide we got 1 at the end of outputs

17) Save your masternode configuration file and close notepad.

18) Close your GoaCoin Wallet program on Windows

LINUX VPS:

#go back to your VPS Linux server (putty)

#switch to the GoaCoin1 user
su - GoaCoin1

#update the vps config:

#update your masternodeprivkey from step 9) and then exit/save
CTRL-X then Y then [ENTER]

#start it:
goacoind

# Close the SSH window to end the session

WINDOWS
#go back to windows, let's kick it off:

#Open your GoaCoin exe
#go to the "My Masternodes" tab
#hit the start or start all button.
#with any luck it will show successfully started.  If it does not:
#"could not allocate vin" means your wallet isn't unlocked, OR it didn't recognize your 1000 coins for the MN, maybe wrong amount.
#check the block explorer using your MN addr (remember, it's in your receive tab so you can copy it from there)
# http://goacoin.be/
#does it have exactly one transaction of 1000?  It's very picky about that rule.

#ok, hopefully all of that is sorted out
#in windows, go to the masternodes tab and click on the masternodes network sub-tab
#you should be able to find yours.  The active column will take a while to update, don't worry

##############################################################################################
LINUX
#ok, let's go back to your vps (putty)

#now, let's see if we can see our ip in the list, swap in YOUR ip instead of xx.xx.xx.xx:

cd goacoin/src/

./goacoin-cli help

# Get mining info

# List Masternodes
./goacoin-cli masternode list | grep xx.xx.xx.xx

#with any luck you will see something like: xx.xx.xx.xx:1947 : 1,
#1 is good, that means your ip is active/enabled in the goacoin masternode list

#FYI: some commands you might use on occasion:
goacoind #starts goacoin
./goacoin-cli masternode list #shows all nodes
./goacoin-cli stop #stops goacoin
./goacoin-cli getmininginfo #show blocks, etc.
./goacoin-cli help #shows every possible command

#add a couple basic sec items, firewall & fail2ban
sudo ufw default allow outgoing
sudo ufw default deny incoming
sudo ufw allow ssh/tcp
sudo limit ssh/tcp
sudo ufw allow 1947/tcp
sudo ufw logging on
sudo ufw enable
sudo ufw status

#note, if you run other coins on diff ports, run the firewall allow commands to open/allow those ports as well
#like we did above to allow 1947

#fail2ban:
sudo systemctl enable fail2ban
sudo systemctl start fail2ban

#wait for rewards.  First one might take up to 24 hours.
#I also use the monitoring feature of masternodes.online.  
#You can create an acct and find your node by searching by ip:port
#add it to your monitor list, and be sure that it's running.

################################################################################

If you haven't done so already, I recommend you go BACKUP YOUR WALLET!!!

sounds a bit stupid but make sure to close the wallet and restart it minimum once. if you only start the wallet and download the blockchain and then search there are no folders. they are created after u close the wallet for the first time.

neuhof7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:28:12 PM

Yes we need to increase MN rewards, it will increase the price and we will be able to get to other exchanges!

after reading about the problems with big mining farms raping coins which have low diff 24/7 i think perhaps they should consider:

7/15 MN 8/15 Mining or
10/15 MN 5/15 Mining

reward recalculation.

MaYeX

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:29:35 PM

What kind of wallet can I use?
GoaCoinCore (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:48:04 PM

Anyone who already has a masternode, could you tell how long the payments start?

Check here https://masternodes.online/currencies/GOA/
AVG masternode reward frequency:   5h 13m 3s

We will contact you, we like your work.

About MN rewards
We think about a change in the remuneration. We can vote. We warn in advance.

goacoin______  PoW, Masternodes, ASIC Resistance, NeoScrypt
ॐ        TWITTER        ॐ        ANN THREAD        ॐ        TELEGRAM        ॐ
Super Fast Transactions     /     Security & Anonymous     /     Growing Community
neuhof7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:05:07 PM

Check here https://masternodes.online/currencies/GOA/
AVG masternode reward frequency:   5h 13m 3s

We will contact you, we like your work.
cool!

About MN rewards
We think about a change in the remuneration. We can vote. We warn in advance.

i think for all changes asking the community by voting is the best thing to do!

lets get to the moon
GoaCoinCore (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 09:01:03 PM

We have decided to suspend the sale of masternodes until the end of next week.

By this time, we will conduct several important negotiations with other projects.
We will try to get an answer from one of major stock exchanges with a specific price in order to know what amount is needed.

We did not sell coins from the premine, be calm.

Follow the news.

Super Fast Transactions     /     Security & Anonymous     /     Growing Community
GoaCoinCore (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 09:13:27 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 10:07:53 PM by GoaCoinCore

cool!

Can you write to us at email or use app telegram? or discord?

cifrix

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:57:38 PM

Hi! I have some problem with windows wallet. "Failed to load governance cache from governance.dat" Error, can you help me?
neuhof7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:02:18 PM

cool!

Can you write to us at goacoincore@gmail.com or use app telegram? or discord?

Hey.

Wrote u a mail

Regards
Ierusalim

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:45:02 PM

Hi! I have some problem with windows wallet. "Failed to load governance cache from governance.dat" Error, can you help me?

go here - https://discord.gg/wfp27Dm

Price today amazing. Now 230k satt... We easy go to the moon!!!! check it https://stocks.exchange/trade/GOA/BTC

You can try to buy MN if you hurry  Wink
monkeeking

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:32:08 AM

*Also i get this error during the ./configure switch.   libdb_cxx headers missing, GoaCoin Core requires this library for wallet.  

If you mean this error "*Also i get this error during the ./configure switch.   libdb_cxx headers missing, GoaCoin Core requires this library for wallet."  That's your problem.  To fix it:
Code:
    then recompile.

If you're talking about nano complaining that the .conf file doesn't exist, then the most likely issue is one of the following
    2. You ran it as root the first time and now you're trying to edit it as your user
    3. You ran it as user the first time, and now you're trying to edit it as root.[/li]
Suggested solution:
1. Make sure you're user and not root (prompt should end in a $  NOT a #)
2. run Goa again
3. Try nano ~/.gocoincore/goacoin.conf  (makes sure you're referencing the home directory instead of the present working directory)

[/quote]
I no longer get the missing headers error (thank you) but I am still unable to edit the gaocoincore/goacoin.conf even though trying your suggestions.  I figure since I had no problems compiling this time.  That the diretories i was missing before would appear.  but currently in my home folder i only have the gaocoin folder.

goa01@goacoin-1:~$ ls
goacoin
goa01@goacoin-1:~$

[ Directory '/home/goa01/.gocoincore' does not exist ]
^G Get Help    ^O Write Out   ^W Where Is    ^K Cut Text    ^J Justify
^X Exit        ^R Read File   ^\ Replace     ^U Uncut Text  ^T To Spell
monkeeking

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:07:50 AM

If you mean this error "*Also i get this error during the ./configure switch.   libdb_cxx headers missing, GoaCoin Core requires this library for wallet."  That's your problem.  To fix it:
Code:
    then recompile.

Suggested solution:
1. Make sure you're user and not root (prompt should end in a $  NOT a #)
2. run Goa again
3. Try nano ~/.gocoincore/goacoin.conf  (makes sure you're referencing the home directory instead of the present working directory)

[/quote]

Yes, i was missing the libdb - after installing it correctly the next steps were working fine. Synching to the current block height now, thank you! Smiley
[/quote]

Did you use the same steps posted on here for the linux guide. Where do you insert the "sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev."  And did you alter any steps?  Thank you!
zhongzy

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:18:45 PM

good discussion ,i try my mansternode ,work fine for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: