Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:44:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for the scams out there  (Read 2308 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:16:00 PM

Look out for the people who arent willing to do escrow. Their will be guys coming on here promising you any gift card but you first must send them money. First sign is low posting number. There is a lot of signs showing someone may be a scam.

This kind of scenario is already familiar with almost all members of this forum, that's why many screw services are made because of this all scammers that are rambling around in this forum. But i don't like the idea of a "low posting number" is a sign of a scam specially for newbies, because all of the members of this forum starts with the rank of a newbie and we all starts with nothing or lacks of knowledge about crypto currency. That's why we inter into this world to know all the best and safest way of earning money using crypto currencies.
Yeah a low post number or your rank is not a sign of being untrustworthy, this assumption is why scammers can get away with many scams by buying accounts, an user may be a newbie but if it has completed many trades with more established members then that is a sign of a trustworthy person but no matter the circumstances when it comes to bitcoin we need to always use escrow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:27:44 PM

Look out for the people who arent willing to do escrow. Their will be guys coming on here promising you any gift card but you first must send them money. First sign is low posting number. There is a lot of signs showing someone may be a scam.

This kind of scenario is already familiar with almost all members of this forum, that's why many screw services are made because of this all scammers that are rambling around in this forum. But i don't like the idea of a "low posting number" is a sign of a scam specially for newbies, because all of the members of this forum starts with the rank of a newbie and we all starts with nothing or lacks of knowledge about crypto currency. That's why we inter into this world to know all the best and safest way of earning money using crypto currencies.
Yeah a low post number or your rank is not a sign of being untrustworthy, this assumption is why scammers can get away with many scams by buying accounts, an user may be a newbie but if it has completed many trades with more established members then that is a sign of a trustworthy person but no matter the circumstances when it comes to bitcoin we need to always use escrow.
We should really be vigilant into all people we do make engagements online or making transaction between them. Only trust yourself when it comes to online world and always do seek out for the reputable persons online and if you have doubts we can really use up escrows which is really advisable anytime,might have the fee but its much better than to make a risky trades among other people.

mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:54:51 PM

This shouldn't be new information to anyone with common sense or access to these forums. If you're going to get scammed, you're obviously going to get scammed by someone who tries their best to get your money without involving any other people and someone who is able to ghost very quickly. Since people can make accounts here for free and without any IP restrictions, you'll often see people spamming accounts here. I still think there should be some really big sticky somewhere on the marketplace about safer ways to trade (or some warning in large text somewhere).
actually will be very visible when some people are doing a scam. we should have understood the signs or actions of those who would only be scammed because we would have been able to differentiate about just spamming posters and about those with high quality posts. it is the simplest thing to distinguish
O$IRIS

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:30:48 AM

Also scammers ALWAYS try to create the sense of URGENCY.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:15:08 PM

escrow does not guarantee us from scam, but only minimize scam.

SCAMMER!
etron

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 05:25:29 PM

it is true that scammers are everywhere but we must remain cautious and if we doubt it better we do not go in, I think escrow is not part of deception but to minimize the occurrence of fraud.
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

This goes without saying, No One wants to lose their investments or get defrauded by another individual.
It is important to always be vigilant when selecting an ICO.
And NEVER exchange tokens P2P. Don't do it.
Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:00:42 AM

People who offers anything of value but want to receive money first are purely scam. Whether it is crypto or not, never give any money to people you don't know. Use logic first before greed. I also encounter this kinds of things when I'm looking for online jobs. Pay before work? No way!
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:44:38 AM

People who offers anything of value but want to receive money first are purely scam. Whether it is crypto or not, never give any money to people you don't know. Use logic first before greed. I also encounter this kinds of things when I'm looking for online jobs. Pay before work? No way!

You want to invest on the ICO project means read the complete team information and review and rating of the project first bro. Then you will be able to get the good project which can give you the decent income with the investment and it may go higher also after it has been listed.
Then I want to say that please ignore the promotional offers which is coming in airdrop and free tokens because most they scam the users and leave with the fund collected mate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:25:40 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2018, 01:58:28 AM by Question123

Before you deal with someone you need to use escrow for the both safety of buyer and seller. Escrow can make you more safe instead of deal without using escrow. There's a lot of scammer now you need to be careful because wrong decision you made you lose your money and you will get back you capital. Escrow is very helpful to us they have free escrow service and they have small fees.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:52:58 PM

It’s true that having a “low post number” does not exactly mean that one is a scammer however this has given the notion that the user is not trustworthy enough. Many times a scammer would create a new account in dealing with his illegal transactions so as to avoid getting a red trust in their original account or so that the new account is easily disposable once it gains a negative trust.
fabrizoc

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:46:48 AM

Before you deal with someone you need to use escrow for the both safety of buyer and seller. Escrow can make you more safe instead of deal without using escrow. There's a lot of scammer now you need to be careful.
It is not all about internet, I think that we should be careful in any field of life. For instance I lost $35000 in real estate investment. The owner of the shops knew that the property is not owned by him but he didn’t tell me about this. He took my money and disappeared. I have been scammed once, now I am very careful about any investment in any sector.

anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:07:35 AM

You want to invest on the ICO project means read the complete team information and review and rating of the project first bro. Then you will be able to get the good project which can give you the decent income with the investment and it may go higher also after it has been listed.
Then I want to say that please ignore the promotional offers which is coming in airdrop and free tokens because most they scam the users and leave with the fund collected mate.
Yeah you are right and this is a big problem. Many new users get betrayed on the name of different kinds of gifts and there is nothing actually. I think there should be a check on such sites, so that people could be safe from these sites. In crypto investment I never trust on new ICO because I am afraid of scams and that happened many times whit new crypto.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:40:24 AM

Many new users get betrayed on the name of different kinds of gifts and there is nothing actually. I think there should be a check on such sites, so that people could be safe from these sites.
Scams are happening everywhere and if we are not taking appropriate action against them then there could be no chances for us to escape from them. Gifts and luck draw kind of scams are very old but unfortunately people are still falling to it. That shows how aware they are and how much they have updated their knowledge.

In crypto investment I never trust on new ICO because I am afraid of scams and that happened many times whit new crypto.
You cannot leave off all the new ICOs in one single stroke. You must take time to analyze each and every project based on different criteria so that you may invest safely. Filtering out inappropriate ICOs may help to find a right one in quick time.
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:00:11 PM

it is true that scammers are everywhere but we must remain cautious and if we doubt it better we do not go in, I think escrow is not part of deception but to minimize the occurrence of fraud.

Definitely, scammers are everywhere always ready to attack. Therefore we must be very keen observant and extra careful in doin transactions. Don’t forget to double check and avoid rushing in. Protect yourself and your digital assets.
danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:31:21 PM

Yes it is always possible that trader or trading some item to another will be resulting into scam so escrow are so important. Having an escrow is important but there is always basis or proof to be come a escrow. So be careful always.
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:37:53 PM

Always be on the lookout for scams to avoid losing your assets and investments.
In the crypto world, there are lots of ways to get phished. Scammers and hackers are everywhere.
Secure your assets, always.
hastang

Activity: 149
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:21:26 AM

We should always be caution here in this kind of business l don't want send first money to those people i don't know in the first place. Just ignore those who want to get money from u! Only know exchanges that we should do our transaction.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 04:15:40 AM

We should always be caution here in this kind of business l don't want send first money to those people i don't know in the first place. Just ignore those who want to get money from u! Only know exchanges that we should do our transaction.

We can avoid those scams by always checking first if they are legit or not by asking some evidence of their previous transactions. When transacting with people here on the forum that is not yet reputable or trusted, escrow would be preferable and if they do not accept it then you can find another one that would accept your conditions. When joining a bounty campaign, check first if the manager can be trusted, the project is viable and the team is responsive to the questions because through this way, you will know if they are knowledgeable.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:00:34 AM

Yeah thanks for reminded us.. and it's not only that, now scammers more increasingly a various forms of its deception. Anyhow internet is the one of the scam's media that's really suitable for a scammers.. and of course scams forms in cyberspace, it's harder to read or researched than scam in the real world. Sometimes someone who doesn't intend to scam, but we consider it a scam and vice versa. Well in essence we've to be a more smarter person.
Unfortunately this is the reality of this space, you cannot ever let your guard down, there are people trying to scam you and there are others sending phishing links and if you click on them you risk losing money as well, this is why sometimes people in the forum may seem to be paranoid about stuff but the truth is they are only trying to protect themselves and others of being scammed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: