Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:36:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shout Out To AnonX For The 37.5 BTC Fo' FREE  (Read 43705 times)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:38:05 PM

This is what happened to me.. I worked hard trading and *I* got scammed like this many times and had paypal chargebacks too... So... All that hard work, I ended up having to pay THOUSANDS of $ to recover from out of my own pocket.  So, instead of the channel UNDERSTANDING that shit like this happens, they want to put me on blast and make me out to be the fuck who was doing it and they BANNED me.  So, this is what they get.  They get to see how it feels to be where I was at one time.   Here is an example.....

http://pastebin.com/0TCbKZp2

I had NOTHING to do with the middle man here.  I was a victim myself.  This is what started the god damned shitstorm.

I remember this; I was watching when it happened.

I won't say a single word if you "scammed" the scammers back and you are giving away the bitcoins. And if some of them show up at my address, well, I have no idea why or where they came from. Smiley

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:44:57 PM

I'll take some free btc ^^^ xo xo

1KEqd1x1at6XkAnnxDxwNaecb6dXM1pCj8

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:47:00 PM

not sure what to think of this.  Subscribing to the thread.

Will

AreYouCereal

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:49:33 PM

Pirate booty for me? Cheesy

1PY9f23LNWsozeKxqZUCJ5Lux11VpErLpH

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [D]ecentralized application [E]liminated third parties [C]ontent distribution
  █ DECENT FOUNDATION    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   JOIN NOW! ICO ⏰ 10th of September
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [E]ncrypted & secure         [N]o borders                  [T]imeless reputation
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:49:51 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 09:31:17 PM by foggyb

-
FooDSt4mP (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:53:04 PM

There were plenty of opportunities for you to clear your name. You never did.

Scamming me because I "unfairly" rated you a scammer, way to prove a point!
You can still undo this, you can still clear your name.

It is way above you now friend.  I tried for WEEKS to clear my name to no avail.  I am done trying to be a positive member of this community so the old Eye for an Eye saying is now applicable.  I have weeks of lining that IRC channel with my glitter and fluff to turn back now.  I'm ready for the fireworks.

Nothing personal against you.  

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our asses.

Cheers to the staff/mods of bitcoin.org forums for not BANNING ME and letting me speak my peace.  I like this forum a hell of a lot more than -OTC.  Is there a donation link anywhere?  :-)  

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:53:32 PM

If the glove don't fit, you gotta acquit.

Be humble!
holgero

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 07:54:15 PM

You all queue up to receive a part of his bounty? Makes me speechless.
FooDSt4mP (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:55:49 PM

This is what happened to me.. I worked hard trading and *I* got scammed like this many times and had paypal chargebacks too... So... All that hard work, I ended up having to pay THOUSANDS of $ to recover from out of my own pocket.  So, instead of the channel UNDERSTANDING that shit like this happens, they want to put me on blast and make me out to be the fuck who was doing it and they BANNED me.  So, this is what they get.  They get to see how it feels to be where I was at one time.   Here is an example.....

I had NOTHING to do with the middle man here.  I was a victim myself.  This is what started the god damned shitstorm.

I won't say a single word if you "scammed" the scammers back and you are giving away the bitcoins. And if some of them show up at my address, well, I have no idea why or where they came from. Smiley
He is not scamming the scammers. He is scamming the guys who rated him a scammer because he was accused by multiple users and didnt make any attempts to clear his name.

How can I make attempts to clear my name when I am BANNED ON SIGHT?  I tried to clear my name for WEEKS. 

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:59:43 PM

Also, to everyone taking stolen bitcoins. How would you feel if you were in the victims shoes? This is really pathetic, really thought bitcoin community was better than this.

Being part of the "teenager" community (i.e, not a newcomer by any rate, yet not a hardcore old timer) I gotta say I resent that comment. You are putting the handful of members that requested a part on the stolen goods and then saying the community, the whole 1000s of members worth of community, should be somewhat better and you are disappointed at the whole of it?

I don't know the whole story (nor do I care at this point) but that kind of reasoning seems to be in the very root of what triggered the whole drama Wink
RandyMarsh

Activity: 237

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:01:01 PM

Was this just a standard MITM scam? i dont quite understand what "service" the other guy is saying you offered that enabled the scam?

Stan?! STAN?!?!
MeSarah

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:01:24 PM

What do the red "X's" mean?

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 - butterflylabs.com ``````
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:04:00 PM

It's the free market at work, baby.

^_^
bitebitebite

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:05:08 PM

That he's an outlaw
Yeti

Activity: 112

Firstbits: 1yetiax

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:06:07 PM

Those are little kisses. They're just missing the O's.

1YetiaXeuRzX9QJoQNUW84oX2EiXnHgp3 or http://payb.tc/yeti

Since Bitcoin Randomizer is dead, join the Bitcoin Pyramid (referrer id #203)! Be quick, be on top! Instant payout as soon as one of your referrals deposits!
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:07:14 PM

Was this just a standard MITM scam? i dont quite understand what "service" the other guy is saying you offered that enabled the scam?

It wasn't standard at the time; it was quite probably the first that bitcoin-otc had ever seen, so nobody understood it. Some people, it seems, still don't.

I'm still watching this thread.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
holgero

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 08:09:11 PM

It's the free market at work, baby.

Free market means nobody has moral standards, then?
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 08:13:53 PM

You rock cuddle muffin.  Don't play with your daddy again.
I feel very sorry for you and your family, Foodst4mp.  I really do. :-(  Just return the stolen coins.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Waldschrat

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:14:38 PM

I totally agree! What's wrong with you all?

I really pity AnonX because he seems to be the victim here and I pity FooDSt4mP as well because he will have a hard time looking in a mirror again, knowing he stole that much money...

OneFixt

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:14:52 PM

I was the counterparty to AnonX in this MITM.

First of all, I would like to say that FooDSt4mP's social engineering attack was masterful.  He was able to use a compromised account and quick wit to pull off this attack, and others like it.  Everyone should review the logs posted and learn from them, or we all risk missing the point.

The point is, of course, that a counterparty cannot be trusted without proper GPG identification to go with his or her rating history.  A forum name is not enough, an email is not enough, a convincing story is not enough.  If your instinct says that something is wrong, listen to it.

FooDSt4mP has fully succeeded in showing that his rating may have initially been sullied by a similar attack.  However, it must be kept in mind that he used aggressive and almost spam-like techniques to amass a stellar rating within hours and days of joining -otc for the first time.  This rating came mostly from new users, ones who did not follow rating guidelines.  The amount of time that FooDSt4mP had been in the system was also not enough to earn him the benefit of the doubt.  It should be no surprise that a new user accused him of a scam even if the attack was a MITM, and it should be no surprise that his high ;;getrating was looked upon suspiciously when ;;gettrust returned 0.  During a time when -otc grew by hundreds of users daily, it can be expected that the ops would err on the side of caution.  I was not involved in arbitration and so cannot comment further on what actually took place.  The next thing that I heard relating to FooDSt4mP's name was a string of attacks that he did perform and did admit to performing, so naturally that had the effect of causing most users to assume that he was a scammer from the very beginning.

I do not know what will happen now with FooDSt4mP and the bitcoin community, but I suppose that he can re-appear under a new identity and lead a peaceful existence here without anyone knowing.  I urge him to end the vendetta, as his point has been proven.  We should all take security more seriously before a breach happens, and we should investigate carefully after it happens to avoid pointing fingers at innocent users.

Regarding this recent attack against AnonX and myself and the funds involved:

We have split the USD value of the attack as follows:
AnonX has kept 288.30 USD
I have received 288.00 USD

FooDSt4mP has reimbursed me with 3.49 BTC:
AnonX has received 1.745 BTC from me
I have kept 1.745 BTC

I would like to ask those who have received donations from FooDSt4mP after this attack to send them to 16cx71KX3KXB8cynhVs878ruUdZLwHL63h
Any left-over loss will be divided equally between AnonX and myself.

FooDSt4mp, thank you for a teachable moment.

163c6YtwNbfVSyVvMQCBcmNX9RdYQdRqqa
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: