Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:20:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto hype and how to be ahead  (Read 975 times)
goovsy (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:07:20 PM

It's basically impossible to say when a bubble will burst. If you sell much before, you'll loose on possible profits, if you sell after, you'll loose because of the falling price. But you need a crystal ball to see when is the ideal time to sell.
In any case, I think that what we see now is just an expected correction after huge growth. I'd say it will stabilize soon and will continue to grow again from the current position.

I started this topic 16/12/2017 BTC price was $20 000 . It was obvious that at the end of the year BTC will fall...but i did not expect that this so deep hole.

Hi everybody, yeah it's a very important idea about diversifying in cryptocurrency and also thinking ahead of the crowd. I myself participate in CryptF ICO  and they are creating cryptocurrency backed by stocks and bonds. Essentially if everything goes haywire they will sell a lot more of their stable coins and their company token will go in price quite a bit.
Generally their idea is described in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LBDmzgSuE  

And their ANN thread is here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2318409.

Thank you for info. I ve checked this project few weeks ago and believe that their idea not bad. Actually this is simple and good idea.

Also I will update OP and post links for CryptoF. If you have any idea how to diversificate your crypto risks just let me know and I will upd post again
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:24:59 PM

I think we can't talk about a general hype for crypto markets. We can talk about partial hypes for some coins only. Bitcoin's price rally was as expected because it's very rare on the world. But some of them are in hype phase at the moment.
Ariekh

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:34:41 PM

OFC crypto gonna explode, bubbles are created when emotions overweight logic. But i think this is mostly about alts now, a LOT of people are throwing something like "A smart investor...", I mean we are all speculants here, not investors, please dont feed your ego. A smart investor would never invest in crypto, unless he is as a whale. Those people have no actual proof mostly about the project, but they cla a lot. Its like a startup company is asking you to invest and makes promises, you dont have any actual proofs (their whitepaper is not by any means a proof and literally tells NOT to invest in the project), and you are told that you cant do anythinh if they screw up or even scam you, and these people call themselves smart investors, how can this not be a bubble?
chrisrok

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 02:31:29 AM

when comparing market cap numbers of Dotcom bubble and current crypto market, you see that there is a huge difference yet. its good to be aware, but there is still a huge potential for crypto
Tike Myson

Activity: 178

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:04:02 AM

only invest what you can afford to lose.

100% agree.
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:28:39 AM

Bitcoin keeps growing all times high...BTC

I think that we might have a house bubble situation of 2008. When everybody had gone buying up thinking that it is bulletproof. Relying on analysts saying that bull market is here for the next decade. There were people who kept chanting that it would keep growing and house potential is nowhere near its ultimate height. A majority of big bankers and big speakers all were seemingly convinced of it.

Then it crashed and everybody suffered. Except for few. Except for very few who analyzed it rationally and predicted the fall accurately. These few made huge returns by shortening the housing market years ahead.

I'm not the first person to voice a concern about the potential crash of "air currencies" (crypto). General advice from conservative consultants is not getting in and keeping it safe. But I wouldn't post in this forum if I thought this was a good advice.

What I'm really interested in is how to make money out of the potential crash. Those people who bet against housing market started doing it a long time before the actual crash. Years ahead. The big risk is to loose all your money while doing it. So I won't go shorting bitcoin for a year because that's just crazy.

But I'm keen to start a discussion to figure out where to put money to multiply them ten-fold in a possible crash scenario that will hurt 90% of other crypto portfolios. This bubble burst might only come in 6 months, 12 months, 24 months - nobody knows. But I want to be prepared to gain on it.

What are your ideas on how to play the edge and be ahead   Huh Huh Huh

It is more reasonable to diversify risks altogether. Should not be obsessed with the crypt. Any coin can fly away. And if you really look at things and see how they realize the potential of this market and the technology of blocking, you can not worry that this market will strongly ask. If you can just go to more advanced technology. Ie, there are bits of it, it's a dragon. Ie it's with bad and not perfect technology. But there are other coins that can displace bitcoin.

goovsy (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:38:00 AM

Open post updated.

100% agree.

What if you earn than you can afford to lose? I invested 1000 $ and now I have much more. I want to continue increase my capital and save it.

MorganFreeman41

Activity: 378
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:16:35 AM

Open post updated.

100% agree.

What if you earn than you can afford to lose? I invested 1000 $ and now I have much more. I want to continue increase my capital and save it.

I hope this way of earning will work for a long time. Many people have multiplied their capital many times over
UglyMirror

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:17:28 AM

I'm seeking and making my own reviews before making any investment, I find the key for success on buying tokens from promising projects.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:32:04 AM

Open post updated.

100% agree.

I think if you invested a little bit and now it become a large sum of money then it's better to cashout and put it in something less volatile than cryptocurrency for exemple by buying a house, or go back to school, education is a great investment in my opinion.

goovsy (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:07:14 AM

Open post updated.

100% agree.

I think if you invested a little bit and now it become a large sum of money then it's better to cashout and put it in something less volatile than cryptocurrency for exemple by buying a house, or go back to school, education is a great investment in my opinion.

Well, second way is cashout. I will update OP with you advice "cashout and go to school" This is funny, but may be a good idea. I agree with you - education is a great invest option!
arakosta

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:48:38 AM

I have been saying it all along. Only invest what you can afford to lose. We all know the rise is unsustainable in the short term, people's fingers will get burned and lots will lose out.

Please only invest what you can afford to lose.
I think this is the best advice anyone can give you when it comes to crypto. Never take any loans to buy coins and NEVER invest more than what you can afford to lose.

XFlowZion

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:36:04 AM

The only way in my opinion to be ahead is to be an early adopter. Just look at those investors that are still holding bags of bitcoin like the Twinklevoss twins that are a billionaire now. The edge is getting it cheap while you can.
gmf1000

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:57:01 AM

The only way in my opinion to be ahead is to be an early adopter. Just look at those investors that are still holding bags of bitcoin like the Twinklevoss twins that are a billionaire now. The edge is getting it cheap while you can.

getting it while it is cheap, and also, find the one with a bright future... that's the hardest part... you don't wanna put your money for a long term investment in trash coins ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:57:51 AM

Sure, waiting for a new high record of BTC.
floyd1987

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:48:16 AM

Regarding the OP:

This is a major concern of mine, too.

A major way to shield one's self against a bubble is to avoid buying during a mania (normally a sudden spike in price that's the result of a lot of people trying to get in on a "sure thing") and instead buy sometime after a panic (a sudden drop in price that's the result of everyone trying to dump their assets because that "sure thing" wasn't so sure, after all). However, there's more to it than that. Diversification also helps. Not just diversification of one's cryptocurrency portfolio, but also other assets (having some percentage of your portfolio in precious metals, perhaps just enough real estate to live on, maybe even a gun or, Hell, some stocks, to name a few examples).

In addition, try to pick coins to invest in that will likely survive a bursting bubble and government regulation of the marketplace (both things are coming, mark my words). Privacy coins are the most likely to survive, and even thrive, under government regulation, so I'd diversify into (or even exclusively own) privacy coins (Monero and SpectreCoin are two good ones that I know of; Monero more from reputation than anything). However, there are other coins that I think could do well, too, some that aren't privacy coins (though those coins would likely only do well in places that didn't experience a government crackdown). Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin, for example; they're both "better" at being used as currency than Bitcoin Core is right now, largely because of transaction times and transaction fees, which means they have some good staying power relative to Bitcoin Coin over long term.

The main thing, though, is to not do what "everyone else" is doing. Whenever "everyone else" does something it almost always ends up hurting "everyone else" to the benefit of those who decided to be individuals and not follow the collective. That is, did you sell during a mania (huge price spike because everyone wanted a "sure thing")? Well, you're going to do really well after that price spike corrects thanks to a panic selloff (at which point you'll be there to buy their product at less than what you sold it for to "everyone else"). Try to avoid "catching a falling knife", too; you're guaranteed to get cut, even if it's just a little bit.

As I mentioned earlier, you share a major concern that I have in regards to this bubble (which I don't think has actually burst yet, we're just experiencing a minor correction right now, not a bubble bursting). I hope we can protect ourselves from that bursting bubble when it comes. Best of luck, man. :-)
morgan4140

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:00:05 PM

From my experience and from examples of my friends I realized that hodl a cryptocurrency is more profitable than to sell it, but you need nerves of steel
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:19:31 PM

From my experience and from examples of my friends I realized that hodl a cryptocurrency is more profitable than to sell it, but you need nerves of steel

But that is done by the very few people only because most of the small earner will not be able to hold the bitcoin or concern cryoto currency for long time. They would go with selling whenever they are indeed of money.
If you bitcoin and ethereum you please hold these coin alone because compare with the other crypto currencies these coon growth many time done in the price chart so best option for the investors.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:51:15 AM

I think we can't talk about a general hype for crypto markets. We can talk about partial hypes for some coins only. Bitcoin's price rally was as expected because it's very rare on the world. But some of them are in hype phase at the moment.

Now there is Crypto hype, I try to make money on this and do not think that it will be ahead. I doubt that someone can calculate now what will happen in the future with crypto currencies.
goovsy (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:08:40 AM

You also need time and huge amount of faith.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: