Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 05:48:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Term Investment  (Read 1497 times)
anzach87

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:36:26 PM

all in to DGB is very promising Cool Shocked
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:01:35 PM

I suggest that your strategy is not bad and if you will go with your current strategy then you will not lose but you will be in benefit because these three are growing with the passage of the time. Hold on like that if you are just investor and do not know to trade and if you are expert in trade then try to move from one to another when you see high price increase in one or another.
123newath

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:06:32 PM

I have couple of favorite coins. I've been keeping them for a while and will be keeping.
Some coins just comes and goes on shorter period.
jimbo2000

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:08:07 PM

Hey all,

Been investing in crypto for the last few months as well as trying to learn more about it. Initially downloaded Coinbase and deposited $1000 (50% - ETH, 35% BTC and 15% LTC). Since the initial investment I've been topping up each crypto depending on the market conditions (usually between $25 to $150).

Just wanted a little advice on whether it's better to carry on with this strategy and concentrating on these 3 cryptos for long term profit (1-5 years) or would it be advisable to increase the number of alts I have in my portfolio. Was looking at DASH, Ripple, Cardano, Monero, Stellar, NEO, Siacoin and OmiseGO.

Any advise is welcome  Smiley

Some added diversity is always a good thing, it can reduce your risk over time, of course it may reduce profit if the other coins don't perform as well as the first 3 but on the contrary they may perform better. They're good coins you've listed, even SIA I'm skeptical about but as a long term investment with a small percentage of your funds I'd go with it.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Xie89

Activity: 229

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:02:18 AM

Tron is with very good project this coin will have very bright future, also Verge have very promising project with Komodo also Syscoin have great project for future.

https://twitter.com/justinsuntron/status/942578173031587840

up up up and awaaay  Cheesy
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:17:12 AM

Long term investment make you all top 20 cryptocurrencies. Decide wheter is good and bad for you.
That is too much, for long term you should have only top 5 coins in the coin market cap, also much better to put most of your money in bitcoin for safer investment because we all know that bitcoin is anonymous. The volatility makes our profit getting higher that is why if we have more bitcoin in the future it has a big possibility to make us rich.
Olihander

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:22:25 AM

The 3 coins you picked are pretty good, especially ethereum and bitcoin. I'd maybe swap out the litecoin for some other altcoin such as the omisego you suggested yourself.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:38:35 AM

Long term investment make you all top 20 cryptocurrencies. Decide wheter is good and bad for you.
Maybe what do you mean with top 20 cryptocurrencies is the cryptos currencies that has large of capitalization market cup we can see more on here https://coinmarketcap.com/ although i am not sure about your statement, should you give us more information about it will makes clear for all of the people on here, i don't know what the indicator that be used by you to choose long term investment in digital coins.
iBlitz22

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:39:54 AM

it is much better to choose the top altcoins that are already proved their name in the crypto market and also the stability of its price for long term investment
BariaczRoni

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:08:21 AM

I think you hold 1-2 big coins like Eth and Bitcoin is enough. Those price are high and take lots of time to bring profit so dont split your investment.
henry1997

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:09:17 AM

if for a long period of your investment and have a lot of capital yes you may just buy another altcoin and hold until later you check again. if I think the coins you want to invest are pretty good for the long term because altcoin is promising for the future. more coins there is investment and capital there are more chances you get his profit.
chances are the middle of the year altcoin will experience an increase like that so it is suitable for HOLDS now
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:17:18 AM

I recommend only bitcoin for long term investment, yes it is risky to invest in 1 coin but i believed that this coin will not leave us nothing. There are many coin in coinmarketcap but i used them only for short term trading because i just want to make fast income.
I think the mission of bitcoin is to make people rich and helping other people who are need money to sustain their expenses.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 05:56:21 AM

You currently have 3, so you can add a couple more. I won't advise you to add to many, especially for a long term investment plan. Go for 5-6 top options, from your considerations Ripple and Monero are two good ones with potential in the long run.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:00:08 AM

Your strategy is excellent for long term investment. The other coin in your purview should ve well research and you should be able to established that they meet your investment criteria.

globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 08:19:18 AM

if you are looking for the long term there is no other choice than bitcoin, bitcoin is the supreme leader.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:42:37 AM

Hey all,

Been investing in crypto for the last few months as well as trying to learn more about it. Initially downloaded Coinbase and deposited $1000 (50% - ETH, 35% BTC and 15% LTC). Since the initial investment I've been topping up each crypto depending on the market conditions (usually between $25 to $150).

Just wanted a little advice on whether it's better to carry on with this strategy and concentrating on these 3 cryptos for long term profit (1-5 years) or would it be advisable to increase the number of alts I have in my portfolio. Was looking at DASH, Ripple, Cardano, Monero, Stellar, NEO, Siacoin and OmiseGO.

Any advise is welcome  Smiley

I think all of the main bitcoin competitors will be huge in 1-5 years. I can;t tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I'm doing: 40% in BTC, 60% in alts. Alts distribution: 25% ETH, 25% LTC and then 5-10 coins by 5-10%, depending of current value and coin swaps.

I think this is the best distribution I have seen so far. 90% in the big ALTs is maybe a bit big but it depends on your risk that you want to take. I would have 25% BTC and 25% in LTC and 20% Ethereum. That will leave about 30% for other ALT coins.

As for those I would have at least 1-2 or more from the top 10-15 cryptos, such as XRP, Monero or what you believe in for about 15%. Then I would find 3-5 Mid Cap Coins (top 100 cryptos) for the remaining 10-15%, what those are is up to you, a few are: ARK, TenX, ZCoin, Ethos. Then I would try to find some small caps, unknown coins that could be huge gainers but that I believe in and invest a small amount of my capital in them. Since these are high risk it should probably not be more than 5% in total of your investment but if you are lucky and do your research right then you might find the 100x in here Smiley. A few I am looking at are: DeepOnion, Monetha and Substratum which I think have long term premise.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:12:02 AM

You can invest in some of the ICO projects appropriately. Compared with BTC,DASH and ETH, the benefits are stable, but the benefits are not high, and the benefits of ICO project are very high and the risks are very high.

Goldberg007

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:17:11 AM

Bitcoin is the best coin to invest in long-term future.Apart from bitcoin ethereum is best option.Ethereum also has great potential.
LukaIII

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:57:14 AM

viberate should be a good coin for hodling, if you are interested you can read more about it here: https://www.viberate.io/
Bukx

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:01:07 AM

On the subject to minimize risks by spliting ones investment the best number is about 30.
That is saying that the risks are not correlated (have relation or connection). In general if you split it you will minimize the total risk.

With that said, I would invest in more cryptos BUT all investments need to be carefully studied and analyized otherwise you are blindly picking.

If you do blindly picking so if it is lost you dont know what the reason so you can not fix it.
Blindly picking of any coin is very high risk. To reduce the risk, we need to do carefully research.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: