Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on selecting an Altcoin under $0.10 for a decent return  (Read 219 times)
Webark (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:26:24 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 08:28:20 PM by Webark

with the growing number of Alt Coins available can you guys recommend a good coin to buy which is fairly low preferably under $0.10 which we can expect a decent growth/return, long term or short..

Bear in mind i'm very new to how crypto currency works although have kept an eye on the prices for a some time. So please excuse me for any lack of knowledge on the subject as i'm in the process of learning..

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:13:52 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 11:22:22 PM by cryptohunter

coin price is irrelevant - come on guys

look at total market cap

look at the total price of the cake not the crumbs to see the chances of price appreciation on investment

expensive crumbs (however cheap they seem) are going nowhere

AboeHoeraira

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:15:36 AM

dogecoin  Grin
Skilful

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 04:33:03 AM

coin price is irrelevant

look at market cap
Not if you don't have very much to invest!  Shocked
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 06:11:40 AM

I will select this coins for you to invest for good return as this all is under 0.10$. First I will go for Verge (XVG) because Verge now at $0.05 and It rose more that 5x in just 10 days. Second is DigiByte (DGB),after making new high now its at $0.03 and it will hit minimum 0.10$ in 1-2 months.Third one is Electroneum (ETN),its now at $0.06 and it will hit almost 0.15$ easily and the last one Dogecoin (DOGE), its now at $0.006 and it will surely hit 0.02$ in next 2-3 months.

HushRah

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:21:04 AM

I'd advise you, to have a look at coinmarketcap, it gives u very detailed information along with charts about your requirement and accordingly you can select the one you feel potential one..
kensaii

Activity: 396
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:52:08 AM

coin price is irrelevant

look at market cap
Agree, the price really doesn't reflect of what it will be.
Webark (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:56:15 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 08:31:36 PM by Webark

of course, read my mind. Something i have been meaning to look into. Just got caught up in the all the time consuming research needed. it's the missing key.. Thanks for pointing it out

Please excuse me for my lack of knowledge, this has caught me off guard... Normally researching, following trends and basically connecting the dots etc comes as second nature after years of practice, it's what you would expect..

Fairly new to Digital currencies and in the process of learning, if it wasn't obvious enough already..

I'll put my reading glasses on and hopefully with an idea of the market cap, coupled with details of the developers etc should build a better image of a business model when trying to decide a coins future..

Otherwise appreciate the suggestions and your patience..

If their's anything else worth mentioning please feel free to get in touch..

Best Wishes

Webark (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:28:57 PM

Would it be wise to invest in:

Digital Note
Bytecoin
Bitbay - Heard some important news regarding Bitbay however the restless nights are getting the better of my memory and never made note. 
Siacoin - Data storage - Not sure if it will work for general public due to security concerns however for business or where people need to share images files
              its amazing..  This is based from first impressions will need to dig deeper of course. Your thoughts are welcome..

Will go ahead and purchase some of the ones mentioned. Really appreciate the advice once again, would shake your hands if i could

Would you recommend holding the coins mentioned for long term or both..

curious to know how we are able to project a price dips? I'm aware of how the media, political events etc can influence a coin similar to forex however is their anything else i should be familiar with..

rajuahmed330

Activity: 450
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:39:43 PM

What is the other thing to say about it is stupid. Because no one can help you if you lose it. That's why your own opinion thoughts, analysis, should be prioritized. It will also be best to know the details about different coins on different sites, understand coinmarketcap is the best as i think or like.

Be hardworker
Webark (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:01:57 AM

I understand, Guess when you request advice for such topics, has to be taken carefully as each person will likely promote what they have invested in to increase their chances as opposed to what might be best..

Will put in the time and effort required to learn everything first before moving forward now..

Thanks for your patience otherwise..

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:08:46 AM

There is a big issue i had the same mentality as you had i got bonus for year end so i invested $1k in nem , ada , xrp as all were below $1 but today most of these have already reached 5 times their price so quickly.

Don't worry it isn't late you can still invest in nem and ada it isn't $0.1 but it's still a good bargain if you hold till next december.
Cryptotally

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:26:43 AM

coin price is irrelevant

look at market cap

I second what is stated above. You can often buy coins to 8 decimal places, why on earth does price matter? If crypto A and crypto B both double, you'll get the same return even if you own 1,000,000 coins of crypto A and only 0.01 coin of crypto B.
Webark (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:27:34 PM

Second that, great point.. It's clear to see if we get in at the right time with some alt coins under 0.50 returns will be much higher. especially if we get in when prices are very low 0.05, theirs only one way when your down and that's up..

I'm  focusing more on the Alt Coins now especially ones under 0.50 for higher returns and more long term hold.
In the process of deciding which ones to invest in and doing the essentials. Plan was to spread them out however not to much as want to make the most of the future increases...

With very limited capital, so little almost embarrassed to say Smiley Its important my funds are placed in all the right areas at the right times to make the most
last week was a great time to buy and more the week before and so on however was busy researching and gathering more funds to be safe and as a result missed out In the process, Almost all coins that i had plans  to invest in increased at least x3 or x 6.. Amazing! Was a good chance which has only made me more determined.. Some really good coins out there with great prospects for the digital community..

Anyway plan to make a purchase out of the ones below.. especially ethos.  

verge
Ethos
Invest Feed
Golum
Siacoin
Ada
Syscoin
Civic

Webark (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:42:25 PM

I will select this coins for you to invest for good return as this all is under 0.10$. First I will go for Verge (XVG) because Verge now at $0.05 and It rose more that 5x in just 10 days. Second is DigiByte (DGB),after making new high now its at $0.03 and it will hit minimum 0.10$ in 1-2 months.Third one is Electroneum (ETN),its now at $0.06 and it will hit almost 0.15$ easily and the last one Dogecoin (DOGE), its now at $0.006 and it will surely hit 0.02$ in next 2-3 months.
I agree... Even if you can't really predict these things for sure. xvg dgb and etn are coins that people talk about and they have nice white papers so they might be a good choice.

You can also look into stellar lumens and cardano. But the best way for you to gain some experience is going to the announcements and read a couple of white papers.. or even better check the ones mentioned in these topic than decide based on your own research. You should start recognizing the desired features of cryptocoins in the community than research coins and pick the ones you believe would be seen as a useful coin.
As for DOGE and Ripple ... my opinion would be to ignore these two but you can do whatever you desire Smiley

Sure, appreciate the advice. Dodge looks like a pump and dump. From when this was posted to now the price has moved up.. Good way for someone with much more capital to make a quick profit.. Like the idea however with very little capital time is of the essence and can't afford to have funds sitting around for to long if not willing to hold for the long term..

As for ripple, Have lots of mixed feelings about it. Some say it will be available on coinbase however not yet confirmed in any way and purely speculation. this would increase the price of course however since more Ripple can be introduced later increasing the Circulating supply it's easy for it to be manipulated right so also getting the impressions it's a possible pump and dump ...

Ada is moving in the right direction, i'm sure you must have heard of ATMS using them in Japan. positive more good news to come our way as crytos in general gain attention.. Just not sure how much we can expect the price of an Ada coin to be in a few years to help me decide how much to invest. Seems like a good time to invest in some anyway as well as civic as prices are not llooking like they will be were they were, maybe a small drop..
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:45:41 PM

Second that, great point.. It's clear to see if we get in at the right time with some alt coins under 0.50 returns will be much higher. especially if we get in when prices are very low 0.05, theirs only one way when your down and that's up..

I'm  focusing more on the Alt Coins now especially ones under 0.50 for higher returns and more long term hold.
In the process of deciding which ones to invest in and doing the essentials. Plan was to spread them out however not to much as want to make the most of the future increases...

With very limited capital, so little almost embarrassed to say Smiley Its important my funds are placed in all the right areas at the right times to make the most
last week was a great time to buy and more the week before and so on however was busy researching and gathering more funds to be safe and as a result missed out In the process, Almost all coins that i had plans  to invest in increased at least x3 or x 6.. Amazing! Was a good chance which has only made me more determined.. Some really good coins out there with great prospects for the digital community..

Anyway plan to make a purchase out of the ones below.. especially ethos.  

verge
Ethos
Invest Feed
Golum
Siacoin
Ada
Syscoin
Civic

All the altcoins selected are really great and has high potentials of making great impact in 2018.Just recently i cardano and verge increased magnificently and they all look very stable and wouldn't dip easily.Diversify in any of this and you will surely be smiling in the future.
COLT601

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:56:19 PM

Check out OXY COIN. Neat project where you will be able to buy cyrpto direct from fiat from your cell phone.

have to buy it on livecoin right now but its supposed to be listed on Binance at the end of December

KIN also has potential for big returns. currently priced at .0001, must buy on Etherdelta. Up 42% over 3 days
testminer42

Activity: 128

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:10:31 PM

I keep track of the capitalization in a coinmarketcap, if it is high, and the price on the spot will soon grow. For example, TRIG and POT are promising. Pay attention to them.
brahmaputra

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:12:09 PM

Take a look at musi[Suspicious link removed]d news lately, a lot of potential
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:14:55 PM

I will suggest you Oyster pearl, they have a good project and promise with a low token price, I think it could be a good choice for you
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: