Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:40:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Nothing works anymore!  (Read 1458 times)
twitami1 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:35:12 PM

So I have been mining a few months now. First GPUs, then a a few BFL FPGAs, and now I have 18 USB ASICs. Everything seemed fine until the USBs. One PC refuses to work with them (they show up in windows, but CGminer will not ever show them). The other PC was working fine with them. After restarting CGminer one day, now it just starts and says CGMINER.EXE has stopped working. I can't get anythign to work now. I tried another PC, and nothing seems to work on it either (CGMINER wont start). I have reinstalled it, I tried BFGminer, I tried Bitminter, nothing seems to work.

Bitminter says port probe error or something like that.

I installed the BFL drivers (which did work, now they dont seem to either), and I installed the ASIC USB driver, all using Zadig or whatever its called.

Any ideas? Please help the noob!!!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:46:34 PM

So I have been mining a few months now. First GPUs, then a a few BFL FPGAs, and now I have 18 USB ASICs. Everything seemed fine until the USBs. One PC refuses to work with them (they show up in windows, but CGminer will not ever show them). The other PC was working fine with them. After restarting CGminer one day, now it just starts and says CGMINER.EXE has stopped working. I can't get anythign to work now. I tried another PC, and nothing seems to work on it either (CGMINER wont start). I have reinstalled it, I tried BFGminer, I tried Bitminter, nothing seems to work.

Bitminter says port probe error or something like that.

I installed the BFL drivers (which did work, now they dont seem to either), and I installed the ASIC USB driver, all using Zadig or whatever its called.

Any ideas? Please help the noob!!!  Smiley

Can you go back to a restore date?
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 06:06:59 PM

It's probably a software issue, but if it's a hardware issue you could try them one by one to see if any work individually.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 06:33:07 PM

I've had WAY better luck with BFGMiner with the USB ASICs - cgminer wasn't playing ball at all.  BFGMiner "Just Works" using only the VCP drivers on a fresh Windows 7 install.  Hell, it even mines on the HD4000 in my i3-3225 of my mining rig.
twitami1 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 07:19:22 PM

I've had WAY better luck with BFGMiner with the USB ASICs - cgminer wasn't playing ball at all.  BFGMiner "Just Works" using only the VCP drivers on a fresh Windows 7 install.  Hell, it even mines on the HD4000 in my i3-3225 of my mining rig.

I tired BFGminer as well, no luck. I am sure it is some software issues. It is jyst weird that cgminer will work, then when I start it again it won't. What are the VCP drivers?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:20:58 AM

Did you use this info??

https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=support&section=blockerupter

Worked for me in less than 5 minutes I was mining with my BE's  Wink

I just swapped the http & password for the pool I wanted instead of BTCGuild.

As for the BFL FPGA,I'm still having problems getting mine to work too  Roll Eyes

Gonna try on a fresh install of Win7 soon.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 04:47:26 AM

Check for antivirus software interfering, quietly sneaking in and deleting or disabling things.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
simon66

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:56:31 AM

CGMiner do like to store info on your %appdata%(You type this on the Windows 7 Search bar on the start menu) folder. Have a look at it. My guess would be to deleted it and try cgminer again. Also, don't delete the whole %appdata% folder, that would screw your system up. Try finding a folder in there named cgminer or so. I think it's under Roaming.
twitami1 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:16:37 PM

Thanks for the tips all. I will mess with it all some more.

I did get things working on another spare PC. I disconnected the USBs, then started CGminer, then reconnected them and it worked. Starting it WITH them connected it would crash. Weird.
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 01:39:26 PM

I had to go through and delete just about everything my device manager recognized after re-installing usb3 drivers on my motherboard, may be a similar case. 

Same story, nothing was even recognized, although using cgminer 3.1.1 and using the -nogpu executable was the right combo after six restarts for various winbox crap to get everything recognized again. Smiley
Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:12:17 PM

Same story, nothing was even recognized, although using cgminer 3.1.1 and using the -nogpu executable was the right combo after six restarts for various winbox crap to get everything recognized again. Smiley

This is most likely due to the fact that after 3.1.1 cgminer changed USB drivers from FTDI to winusb.  If you want to run a USB ASIC in cgminer above 3.1.1 then you have to use zadig to change over your diver association and then cgminer will see your unit(s).

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
twitami1 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:30:09 PM

This is most likely due to the fact that after 3.1.1 cgminer changed USB drivers from FTDI to winusb.  If you want to run a USB ASIC in cgminer above 3.1.1 then you have to use zadig to change over your diver association and then cgminer will see your unit(s).

Yeah I have done that.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:00:47 PM

If you're just using USB devices, are you using the standard cgminer.exe or the cgminer-nogpu.exe ? The latter one does not require any sort of video drivers or OCL runtime installed.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
twitami1 (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:56:59 PM

If you're just using USB devices, are you using the standard cgminer.exe or the cgminer-nogpu.exe ? The latter one does not require any sort of video drivers or OCL runtime installed.

Had the issue with both. I am sure it is some sort of driver crap somewhere, just not sure what. The fact that it works, then after restarting cgminer it crashes, is weird. Again, if I remove the USB miners and hubs, then start it, it works (usually).
cryptograd

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 08:23:36 PM

Should've gotten an Avalon

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: