Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bytecoin|BTE| Official Re-Launch of this 1:1 Bitcoin Coin!  (Read 23518 times)
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:59:50 AM

Could http://tompool.org please be added to the pool list?

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:40:52 PM

Could http://tompool.org please be added to the pool list?

Nice one. Added to the site now Smiley

IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:24:49 PM

The original post from July 21, 2013 states that "Currently ahmed_bodi is working on a merge mine patch for the client, and will hopefully be functioning soon" - has this been implemented yet?

Thanks  Grin

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:32:28 AM

The original post from July 21, 2013 states that "Currently ahmed_bodi is working on a merge mine patch for the client, and will hopefully be functioning soon" - has this been implemented yet?

Thanks  Grin
nope everyone has been against it so far. and Maria 2.0 who asked me to look after it has no lost interest (again) so things have kind of stalled. i may come back to bytecoin again in the future but atm it isnt running too badly

IYFTech

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:58:06 AM

Thanks  Grin
nope everyone has been against it so far. and Maria 2.0 who asked me to look after it has no lost interest (again) so things have kind of stalled. i may come back to bytecoin again in the future but atm it isnt running too badly

Shame - I wanted to merge mine it..........oh well, that's that then.

Thanks anyway  Wink

EDIT: Maybe you should edit the OP - as that's what attracted me to the coin, falsely.

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:35:14 AM

I can't mistercoin is the op and I have no way of getting in contact as he's dissapeared afaik

IYFTech

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 10:14:10 AM

I can't mistercoin is the op and I have no way of getting in contact as he's dissapeared afaik

Has he? Right, my apologies. Who is currently maintaining the thread/coin then?  Smiley

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:53:49 PM

i do the occasional checkpoint update but thats about it

rubenaco

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

people don't like clones. I have a lot of byte but I think that haven't future.  only down down down....  Angry

open your mind!!
yelloyello

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:23:28 PM

I think the name is very bad for the original Bitcoin. Investors shall be confused with more Bitcoin coins and there will be less investments. Local stores are going to think "what a mess" and consumers are not adopting because there is no "clear simple story" to tell.

The next coin can be named
- Bitcoin Alt
- Bitcoin Crypt
- Bitcrypt Coin
- Bitcoin Cash
and so on. You made it a mess in the hope to fill your own pockets....

Even before the BTC is adopted worldwide by local stores and consumers, you are allready seeding confusion in a bad way.
Very very bad. And remember, till so far, only the BTC (and on some sites, LTC) is the "way out" to dollars or euro's.
This "way out" is as we speak the only reason that people in the street will adopt BTC as value.

So when you disadvantage the original BTC, you disadvantage yourself, your adopters, and your miners.
And not only you, you also disadvantage all the other coins, miners, investers and so on.

Bitcoin-scrypt shall never be accepted at your local stores or big webstores and because of the name, you are delaying the needed adoption of the real BTC. That adoption is needed to raise the value of the BTC, and in that way, all the other coins.

People are working worldwide so hard to make it true and people are investing so much money to change the world we live in, and the only thing you can think about is to fill your pockets by choosing a confusing name that brings damage to the whole process.

You are not creative to choose a stunning name. You cannot create a cool logo. You have no good scrypt vision. There is no good story behind the name. You have no connections to make some good business plans.
All you can do is setup a coin (wich can be done in hours), copy a name, generate a wallet and mine 6 months upfront, and then you will tell the world this should be the next big thing..... 

There is also a "bitcoin scrypt coin". More confusion is coming to town....

It's a pity....
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:58:22 AM

I think the name is very bad for the original Bitcoin. Investors shall be confused with more Bitcoin coins and there will be less investments. Local stores are going to think "what a mess" and consumers are not adopting because there is no "clear simple story" to tell.

The next coin can be named
- Bitcoin Alt
- Bitcoin Crypt
- Bitcrypt Coin
- Bitcoin Cash
and so on. You made it a mess in the hope to fill your own pockets....

Even before the BTC is adopted worldwide by local stores and consumers, you are allready seeding confusion in a bad way.
Very very bad. And remember, till so far, only the BTC (and on some sites, LTC) is the "way out" to dollars or euro's.
This "way out" is as we speak the only reason that people in the street will adopt BTC as value.

So when you disadvantage the original BTC, you disadvantage yourself, your adopters, and your miners.
And not only you, you also disadvantage all the other coins, miners, investers and so on.

Bitcoin-scrypt shall never be accepted at your local stores or big webstores and because of the name, you are delaying the needed adoption of the real BTC. That adoption is needed to raise the value of the BTC, and in that way, all the other coins.

People are working worldwide so hard to make it true and people are investing so much money to change the world we live in, and the only thing you can think about is to fill your pockets by choosing a confusing name that brings damage to the whole process.

You are not creative to choose a stunning name. You cannot create a cool logo. You have no good scrypt vision. There is no good story behind the name. You have no connections to make some good business plans.
All you can do is setup a coin (wich can be done in hours), copy a name, generate a wallet and mine 6 months upfront, and then you will tell the world this should be the next big thing..... 

There is also a "bitcoin scrypt coin". More confusion is coming to town....

It's a pity....

You dont even know what you're on about do you? Bytecoin is about 1 1/2 years old.... It came before all of the shitcoins you support. Bytecoin had a story. but someone crashed it at high diff so it was left for dead. thanks to the help of the OP, me, LucasJones, Dreamwatcher and various others we managed to keep it going. There are many plans but we are busy people. it isnt always possible for 1 person (ME) to do everything

mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:17:39 AM

Lets Bring BYTE BTE Back to life!!!
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:10:26 PM

Lets Bring BYTE BTE Back to life!!!

It's still alive but just waiting for the right moment to get into the minds of people again.

cshelswell

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:40:24 AM

please keep me informed. I'm still hosting the website and still have hopes for this coin. If there are updated pools / info / installers etc just let me know and I'll update the site Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: