Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting BFL miners at J Morgan & Associates?  (Read 7306 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 05:57:57 AM

Make sure you do your due diligence prior to signing on the dotted line. Make sure you know exactly who you're conducting business with.

A quick reminder: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48863.msg597739#msg597739

I live in Kansas City and run the EMC bitcoin pool. I also work downtown. 

I can check this out any day of the week fairly easily.  I'll keep an eye on the thread, but there's no need to fly some out out here or ship a product out when I can just stop by at any time.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48863.msg597751#msg597751

You do realize it's the same city, right?

I work about 4 minutes walk from the address listed.  I can connect the miner to my pool so I know there's no hinky business going on on the pool end, either.

............. KANSAS CITY METRO AREA ...........

....Inaba works here.... | | .... Inaba Lives here ....
...............|................. | | ...............|..................
...............v................ | | ...............v..................
...............X................ | | ...............X.................
................^................ | | ...............^.................
................|................. | | ...............| .................
.....Kansas City, Mo.....| | ....Kansas City, Ks.......
..................................| |....................................
..................................^...................................
................................. | ...................................
................................/  \ ..................................
............................Main Street..........................
<----- Dragons   ................................... Vampires ->
...................................................(Not sparkly kind)

*EDIT* - Actually, I just looked out the window.  The restaurant is across the street.  It would take me exactly 63 seconds to walk there from my desk, but only because I'm not on the ground floor and would have to traverse the stairs.

From June 14, 2006: http://web.archive.org/web/20060901124114/http://www.communityhosting.net/faqs.html

Which data center are your servers located at?

Our servers are located in downtown Kansas City, MO in the Bryant Building. The Bryant Building is a state of the art data center, monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The building currently has connectivity to Qwest, Wiltel, MCI, AT&T, Cogent, Alltel, Southwestern Bell, and a number of other Tier 1 and Tier 2 providers.

For those not aware, Community Hosting is a company that Josh of BFL owns. The address for the Bryant Building is 1102 GRAND, KC, virtually across the street from where BFL first used as their office/mailing address.

Another data center located even closer is 1100 S Walnut, KC. I'll explain the significance of that address in a sec, but first here's the map showing its location in relationship to 25 E 12th St., KC, BFL's address still used on BitPay's site.

Note the 1102 Grand address in the image above, better showcased below:

The Zaina restaurant could be seen from the 1100 S Walnut St. address.

It's common knowledge that these addresses are related: http://www.kcix.net/infrastructure.html

Infrastructure

The Kansas City Internet eXchange is built on Brocade and Extreme Networks Switches.  Each node is capable of 128Gbits of non-blocking forwarding and can be configured with various port configurations on demand.

KCIX currently operates 4 nodes in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area with more being planned. Handoffs can be made with either copper or fiber using either Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet.  See our Services page for more details.

Nodes can be connected to at the following locations:

Wholesale Internet Oak Data Center (mci.oak1)
324 East 11th Street,  Suite 1000
Kansas City, MO 64106
NPA/NXX – 816-842

Oak Tower 27th Floor Cage Room (mci.oak2)
324 East 11th Street,  27th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64106
NPA/NXX – 816-842

1102 Grand Meet-Me Room (mci.grand1)
1102 Grand Blvd.,  6th Floor

Kansas City, MO 64106
NPA/NXX – 816-842

Wholesale Data Center (nkc.bur1)
1321 Burlington Rd.,  Suite 500
North Kansas City, MO 64116
NPA/NXX – 816-274

Level3 (mci.walnut1 - COMING SOON)
1100 Walnut, 5th Floor <known as the Bryant Building>
Kansas City, MO 64106
NPA/NXX – 816-842

http://www.kcix.net/about.html

About the Exchange

Executive Director - Aaron Wendel - aaron@kcix.net

Advisory Committee:

Kevin Hodle - Engineering Advisor
Joe Morgan

As you can see, the relationship between Josh, Aaron and Joe stem over seven years.

Josh has been hosting FPGAs at at least one of the above addresses for over a year. Do you really believe he's going to give up such a lucrative endeavor to J. Morgan and Associates, or is it more likely that Josh, Aaron and Joe make up said endeavor?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 05:58:28 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2013, 07:48:13 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

http://kcmocolo.com/

Contact info

Our offices are located in downtown Kansas City, MO.

We have four data center facilities in different parts of Kansas City. Our offices are in the Oak tower building on the corner of 11th and Oak.

J Morgan & Associates, LLC
324 E. 11th St
Kansas City, MO
Telephone: +1 816 335 4115
E-mail: sales@kcmocolo.com

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3761-local-pickup-being-discontinued.html#post46482

Yes, we are still working with the hosting provider for pickup from our facility. We just can't accommodate customers dropping in to pick up their equipment on an irregular basis.

Josh is part of the Hosting Provider.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090209221229/http://joesdatacenter.com/aboutus.html

Morgansites.com

We also wanted to say thank you to our first hosting customer -- Morgansites.com. They do website design and marketing out of Excelsior Springs, Mo. They were our first customer and have been with us ever since. We hope that their business continues to grow, as ours has, and recommend them to anyone looking for professional website or graphic design.

The phone number used for kcmocolo.com is the same one used for Joe's dad, Kevin, when he ran for polical office: https://plus.google.com/112484392824511011719/about
bitcoinarnold

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:27:35 AM

shit just got real
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 07:53:43 AM

shit just got real

I'm just gettin' warmed up!

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 09:28:15 AM

Read it all, still not sure what you are claiming though. tldr?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:52:35 AM

Read it all, still not sure what you are claiming though. tldr?

tldr; found a bunch of names and addresses while using Google.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:14:35 AM

She's a witch!  Burn her!  Err...him!  What?  Huh
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:19:43 PM

I've signed up at kcmocolo/J. Morgan for hosting some Single SC's, though they haven't been delivered there, yet.

It looks like they're affiliated with Joe's Data Center (joesdatacenter.com).  I heard about Joe's DC years ago, and they seem to have a good reputation.

As for Josh hosting out of that data center, I think it makes sense he would choose a local data center given the choice.

Whether Josh is involved with this new J. Morgan & Associates hosting service or not, I don't know.  If he is, that would be a plus.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 02:47:42 PM

I've signed up at kcmocolo/J. Morgan for hosting some Single SC's, though they haven't been delivered there, yet.

It looks like they're affiliated with Joe's Data Center (joesdatacenter.com).  I heard about Joe's DC years ago, and they seem to have a good reputation.

As for Josh hosting out of that data center, I think it makes sense he would choose a local data center given the choice.

Whether Josh is involved with this new J. Morgan & Associates hosting service or not, I don't know.  If he is, that would be a plus.

Josh is already hosting at one of the mentioned data center of which he owns. Three of the data center addresses mention on the KCIX site are literally within walking distance from each other. It would take less than ten minutes to walk from any one of them to the other two and BFL's original address, physically touching all four buildings.

The only thing that I haven't figured out YET is how BFL is able to collect the mail addressed to 25 E. 12th St. without a suite number.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

Can you research my dentist next? I woke up after root canal with a sore ass. Somethings gotta be up.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:49:53 PM

Can you research my dentist next? I woke up after root canal with a sore ass. Somethings gotta be up.
I hate when that happens...

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:14:25 PM

Josh is already hosting at one of the mentioned data center of which he owns. Three of the data center addresses mention on the KCIX site are literally within walking distance from each other. It would take less than ten minutes to walk from any one of them to the other two and BFL's original address, physically touching all four buildings.

The only thing that I haven't figured out YET is how BFL is able to collect the mail addressed to 25 E. 12th St. without a suite number.

Maybe mail just goes to building?  Sorted there.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 04:18:08 PM

I have a hosting facility available for anyone who may want hosting and at a different site.   PM me for details or see my signature.   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 04:30:10 PM

Sounds like fishy business along with the rest of the LabRat stuff.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 04:51:04 PM

Sounds like fishy business along with the rest of the LabRat stuff.

Josh even stated in no uncertain terms that if you have reservations about hosting on his Eclipse MC pool, he'll be happy to create another pool for you to do such. It's akin to either hosting the physical units at his data center, or another of which he has a direct relationship with its proprietors.

How happy is BFL with such a setup?

I haven't been folowing everything BFL related, Please enlighten me on the fpgas and asics ETA.
I wish I could purchase BFL FPGAs and have them returned for ASICs, but if I'm to be able to mine on the FPGAs for a few month only and have to pay shipping back and forth it wouldn't be worth it...

It's ~100$ lost for shipping back and forth for a single and 400$ on a mini rig.  

Wouldn't it be better if someone at driving distance from BFL could take care of mining with the FPGAs for us while we get our ASICs ready ?
(While paying electricity and maintenance fees.)

Inaba came by the office today and we spoke about just this issue.  Several overseas customers have been asking about this as well and it does make quite a lot of sense.  Inaba runs a data center of course...  and he's a stone's throw away from our office, so I expect he'll have a packaged solution worked up pretty soon.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48863.msg634982#msg634982

Hi guys,

I thought I would poke my head in and give an update and response to some of the comments made here in the last few days.

Firstly, I'm sorry everyone's expectations for a demo last weekend were not met.  This is an exciting process for us and it's clear some of you share the same level of enthusiasm...  (although I wonder if some of it might be better channeled).  In any case, sorry to let you down.

We're well past the bringing to life phase of the board.  It does what it was designed to do and at the performance levels intended.  There are some tuning issues that took us longer than expected which we've dialed the board down in order to more easily address.  We didn't want to demo a tuned down system that's not representative of our performance envelope, so we simply pushed the demo forward in order to give the team the time they need.  We're now near the end of that process.

As Inaba mentioned, we'll be bringing a live running unit to his data center tomorrow for a quick look and performance demonstration.  Since we're not at our final figures, he's agreed to simply confirm or deny if the unit is generally within the performance class expected.  I think rather than fuzzy numbers, everyone just wants to know if this unicorn is real.  Fair enough...  we expect to clarify that once and for all tomorrow afternoon.  We'll follow up with a more formal demo once we're finished.

There has also been fevered speculation by a couple forum members about elaborate payment methods etc.  Instead of commenting on them directly, I'd like to simply make notice to any of our customers that if you're uncomfortable with your pre-order purchase, you're welcome to cancel your pre-order slot and get a full refund with no questions asked. 

Once again, thank you for your interest in our BitForce product.

Kind regards,
BFL
joesdc

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:22:24 PM

Hello,

I wanted to clarify some things that are being said or at least insinuated here. My name is Joe Morgan I own and operate both Joe's Datacenter, LLC and J Morgan & Associates, LLC (aka kcmocolo.com). They are separate companies with separate facilities but I use one address for mailing. I am the SOLE owner of both company's and have no affiliation with Butterfly Labs other than they are sending their customers to us for hosting as they decided not to do it themselves. I cannot speak for BFL or Josh as to where he has hosted in the past but I will say that almost anything hosted in Kansas City is going to be in one of three or four buildings downtown all within a couple blocks of eachother. You could find hundreds of hosting companies that show one of those buildings as their address or as a place they host and they are still completely different companies. Josh has never been an employee or part owner of any of my companies and is not on the payroll. Aaron owns another datacenter in Kansas City and we have both had facilities in the same buildings but otherwise we are unaffiliated as well. KCIX that was mentioned is a peering exchange which the entire point of peering exchanges is that local close by data centers can run a network cable between eachother to save bandwidth on outside carriers when the traffic was going between them anyway. As for Morgansites.com that is my parents web hosting business and they were in fact my first customer and hosting their server was how I got into the hosting business. Not sure the relevance. My father ran for political office this last year and I managed a phone system for him and purchased that phone number for that purpose. Now that his campaign is over I still had the number and used it for this company. I don't see what the relevance of my parents or the phone number has to do with anything other than Phinnaeus trying to point out how good his Google skills are. I say that somewhat Joking and don't mean to offend but for someone telling people to do the research because xyz then not actually doing the research as to if xyz are true makes you a hypocrite. Phinnaeus please feel free to call me Telephone: +1 816 335 4115 and I will do my best to help clarify whatever you need. I would appreciate if you would give me the chance to explain my situation before trying to scare potential customers away when you have never done business with me and have little knowledge of how my company actually operates.

Thanks,
Joe Morgan
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 09:54:00 PM

I have my rigs hosted by Joe Morgan and I am very happy with his service
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:16:43 PM

Darn it, Joe - there you go. Destroying a perfectly entertaining borderline paranoid delusional rant, by means of injecting some fact into the field of play.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 11:09:16 PM

I wanted to clarify some things that are being said or at least insinuated here. My name is Joe Morgan I own and operate both Joe's Datacenter, LLC and J Morgan & Associates, LLC (aka kcmocolo.com). They are separate companies with separate facilities but I use one address for mailing. I am the SOLE owner of both company's and have no affiliation with Butterfly Labs other than they are sending their customers to us for hosting as they decided not to do it themselves.

My apologies, Joe. I was not aware that Josh has abandoned his very own hosting company working directly with BFL.

Ok, I've got some numbers back.  I need a head count of how many people are interested and the number of machines.  If you do not want to make that public, just PM me your info.  Once I get a rough final count, I can negotiate the price for the space properly. 

This would depend on how it affects one's upgrade from FPGAs to ASICs.

I am working directly with BFL on this.  It will not affect your upgrade, other than get it to you faster.  It will also save your shipping costs, as BFL will not charge you shipping if you are hosting them here locally in KC (also means you don't have to pay for return shipping and you get the upgrade immediately instead of waiting for your unit to make it's way back to BFL when your upgrade turn comes up). 

It probably proved to be not profitable, hence handing over all the Bitcoin mining hosting reins to Joe, of which is probably in better position to profit with such a venture then Josh was with the data center he owns.

In closing, a very simple question: Josh, where is you data center located?
ecliptic

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 11:50:47 PM

OK, I'll say it.  What is BFLs scam here?  How do they profit from defrauding people in this hosting business.

That's what the thread is about
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: