Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:02:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitstamp just went to shit - dan morehead and slovak poor management  (Read 90 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:40:06 AM

How do they think announcing they are taking on another 100k users per day is not an insult to the current users that are now sitting in limbo for 2 weeks waiting for the non service they are providing??

Is there something wrong with these people running that sloppy dump or are then intentionally just trying to ruin their own credibility to be trusted with other peoples money.

They used to be useful. They are now a nightmare.

14 days and counting for people with wires from 20k - 1.8M i hear. Not long now until they end up in court for gross neglect leading to huge financial losses of their customers.

I mean intentionally giving offers to encourage more users whilst not providing any service for current users has got to look bad in court for them.

They are aware they can not cope and yet do not switch off new sign ups.

Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:10:50 PM

Assuming they have too much support than they can cope with, I wish they would prioritize answers according to volume.

While I'm certainly nowhere near the top, I'm still paying them 1000 to 2000eur/month in fees.. and yet I have one support ticket, my first one, sitting there for nearly 2 weeks now.
And it's about XRPs locked in their "trap" fake XRP address, the one you easily pick by mistake when you're in a hurry. It shouldn't even be there to start with.

I'm trusting Bitstamp because
-it's not asian
-it's more or less regulated
-it has no leverage
-it has the highest fees out there
..thus I assume that my fiat in there is fully backed by real fiat. I can't imagine Bitstamp going bankrupt, other than by running away with our money or being hacked. Let's hope it's not the case.. because if Bitstamp goes down, I don't know which other exchange I'd trust.

Even Kraken, the most broken of all exchanges, still gives proper support.
TradingIsBaiting

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:09:53 PM

There are legit no good exchanges out there anymore and I can see why legit investors all pulling out from this market. The crypto market is becoming a joke thanks to all these Exchanges, this has to be sorted as fast as possible.
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:50:35 PM

-it has no leverage
...thus I assume that my fiat in there is fully backed by real fiat....

They are working on integrating Margin trading into their platform. Therefore
they will soon offer leverage for trading (according to Twitter certain users are already able to test
the alpha version of the margin trading feature).

I don´t think you have to worry about their fiat reserves. They are as far as I
know the only exchange that is audited every year by one of the Big4 accounting
firms.

Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:32:55 PM

They are working on integrating Margin trading into their platform. Therefore
they will soon offer leverage for trading (according to Twitter certain users are already able to test
the alpha version of the margin trading feature).

I don´t think you have to worry about their fiat reserves. They are as far as I
know the only exchange that is audited every year by one of the Big4 accounting
firms.

Yeah I've read about that, I hope it's not gonna be added too soon.

As for their yearly audit, well, a whole year is a lot in this crypto world, more than it takes for a "little" exchange to vanish.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: