Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SEND CRYPTO PEOPLE TULIPS (when the bubble bursts.)  (Read 250 times)
BlackRock (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:39:23 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Bitcoin is now in bubble phase..reminding everyone of the Tulips ponzi scheme bubble of the 90's
Use the site to send symbolic message !(when the bitcoin  bubble pops)

https://sendcryptopeopletulips.com

(the smug feeling you'll get is priceless    Grin Grin Grin Grin )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChuckToken

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:43:00 PM

lmao, did you create this website?
Chuck appreciates fun in this period of craziness
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

Agree we are in a bubble or some sort but nobody knows how big of a bubble or how long this bubble will last. It could last a few more days, months, or even take us well into next year. That is what nobody knows and for me that is what makes this ride all the more fun. I am fully prepared for a big bubble burst btw and certainly haven't thought what I have is mine until I cash out.

tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:25:20 PM

What will cause bubble to burst? Demand seems to be increasing but there must be a limit on price at some point?
BlackRock (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:28:57 PM

Agree we are in a bubble or some sort but nobody knows how big of a bubble or how long this bubble will last. It could last a few more days, months, or even take us well into next year. That is what nobody knows and for me that is what makes this ride all the more fun. I am fully prepared for a big bubble burst btw and certainly haven't thought what I have is mine until I cash out.

I agree,in good old days the bitcoin had a limited community who were fully passionate about it and trading was among them..now it is quite different..big bulls have entered into the market..they are heavily manipulating the price and building hype that it will go to a million dollars...(just like pumping the penny stocks)

Now hardly anyone is using for transactions..the txn fee is tooo high and confirmation is taking ages..
The bubble should burst..sooner or later..

bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:31:34 PM

Bitcoin never equals to Tulip Mania. Every one considered Google play store apps to Tulip now what happened every one depended on apps likewise Bitcoin and technology behind is worth trillions of dollars
CryptoCurr

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:11:12 PM

Tulip is a ponzi scheme like you said it yourself. is bitcoin a ponzi or digital currency? that is the question you should ask yourself.
BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:22:51 PM

Tulip is a ponzi scheme like you said it yourself. is bitcoin a ponzi or digital currency? that is the question you should ask yourself.

In a ponzi scheme early adopters are paid from the money put in by latecomers so it doesn't apply. A bubble, though? Maybe. But I believe in it, so if the price goes down I'm going to buy.
Vitolife

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:25:37 PM

It is not a bubble, it is disruptive technology, that takes the power from centralized banks that are printing fiat money. Bitcoin instead empowers people. Bitcoin is new class of investment asset and decentralized currency. Based on your assumption, we can tell about gold it is a bubble as well - as only small portion has real use and you can try to purchase something with physical gold or take it with you around the world - in most cases you get into troubles. You can move easilly with Bitcoin anywhere you want, you can buy almost anything with it directly - yes, the fees can be sometimes high during the busy times but the lighting network is in the works and it would return Bitcoin soon to micro transactions again.
Titanos

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:31:23 PM

Is it your website? It's a funny idea but i don't think people will need your tulips because the bubble seems to be resistant.
mutrang23

Activity: 484
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:45:10 PM

Bitcoin is now in bubble phase..reminding everyone of the Tulips ponzi scheme bubble of the 90's

It can explode at any time, but trend-followers are those who risk and accept loss. I think bitcoin is hard to get back to $ 15,000 at least this year.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:48:16 PM

lol that's 90's and today is a different story.. bitcoin is not a bubble. people wants blockchain that's why the impact of bitcoin keeps increasing. that's why we should research well about blockchain..
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:06:18 PM

Bitcoin never equals to Tulip Mania. Every one considered Google play store apps to Tulip now what happened every one depended on apps likewise Bitcoin and technology behind is worth trillions of dollars

Indeed ... anyone can easily plant and grow tulips ... go ahead try to mine some bitcoin  Grin

Patent1number: ****-****
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 11:14:49 PM

Affected smugness is a poor cover for the envy of “sour grapes”.  Of course, all the people who didn’t buy Bitcoin for $1000 or less now are eager to lecture others about tulips—as if that were some obscure bit of history.  (My, you look so smart….)

Damn straight:  This is the 90s in Bitcoin, and more broadly, in so-called “cryptocurrency”.  There will be a big shakeout.  Most altcoins and all ICOs will die deservedly painful deaths, by analogy to your stock in pets.com and omigoshimadeawebsite.com.  But you know, that “Web” thing didn’t exactly go away.

People who compare Bitcoin to the 90s Web are paying Bitcoin a high compliment.  Of course, I fully agree with that assessment.  I oft compare the 2013 Winklevoss investment in Bitcoin to buying Amazon.com stock in 1995.  I think buying Bitcoin at $18–20k now is roughly tantamount to investing in Amazon in 1999.  If 2017 is 1999 for Bitcoin, imagine what Bitcoin will look like 18 years hence!

Oh, yes, enjoy your smugness.  These grapes are mighty sour.  You don’t want them.  Be glad you missed out.  If you’re even old enough to remember that time, you are probably also glad you were smart enough to sneer about tulip bulbs at all the people buying Amazon.com stock in 1999.  That’s totally worthless now, you know.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 11:16:36 PM

Exactly.Tulips had no other use than a decoration.But bitcoin is backed by its loyal community,traders.It is still used a s a payment but in small numbers.Very soon,this number would increase when big companies like amazon start accepting bitcoin as payment.Also,we should not forget japan contributing by accepting bitcoin as payment all over the country.So,disappointing the bubble expectors,bitcoin would not burst since its not at all a bubble.
BlackRock (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:04:44 AM

Exactly.Tulips had no other use than a decoration.But bitcoin is backed by its loyal community,traders.It is still used a s a payment but in small numbers.Very soon,this number would increase when big companies like amazon start accepting bitcoin as payment.Also,we should not forget japan contributing by accepting bitcoin as payment all over the country.So,disappointing the bubble expectors,bitcoin would not burst since its not at all a bubble.

Have you tried to $10 btc from you wallet ,lately
Check the txn fee....come back and post here

[BTW I am early adapter of bitcoins..I can show my desktop core wallet with transactions as early as 2011 .BTW..I hold lots of bitcoins.My thre is only those speculators who are jumping in for big moolah..they don't care if it is bitcoin or gold or tulips..]

When anything grows 10000x times over fortnight,it is not called growth..It must be a disease or bubble !

1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:08:09 AM

Isn't it a bad image for people to link Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency with the Tulip scenario?

OG member.
Brian Ray
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 01:27:25 AM

When anything grows 10000x times over fortnight,it is not called growth..It must be a disease or bubble !

Either I’ve been under a rock, or you’re incompetent at maths.  When did Bitcoin have growth of “10000x times over fortnight”?  Seriously:  Growth of ten thousandfold in two weeks?

(I see you conveniently ignored what I said about Amazon and the Web in 1999.)

Isn't it a bad image for people to link Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency with the Tulip scenario?

Um, yes.  Congratulations, you understood the original poster’s point.  For reasons unknown, BlackRock is trying to make a bad image for Bitcoin.

BlackRock (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:47:24 AM

Either I’ve been under a rock, or you’re incompetent at maths.  When did Bitcoin have growth of “10000x times over fortnight”?  Seriously:  Growth of ten thousandfold in two weeks?

(I see you conveniently ignored what I said about Amazon and the Web in 1999.)

Um, yes.  Congratulations, you understood the original poster’s point.  For reasons unknown, BlackRock is trying to make a bad image for Bitcoin.

10000x or some X times is to make my point of abnormal growth ..with some exaggeration
I am not against bitcoin,but the rogue manipulators/traders who will do more harm to bitcoins, than good

You can not compare amazon to bitcoin..
Amazon is regulated and do not pose any threat to Govt..where crypto currencies are opposite
(I am not against bitcoins or blockchain or the technology ..bit against speculative trading)

Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:13:13 AM

somehow ( I am think as scientist ) all that debate about growth reminds me 'machine learning' and the famous "Iris flower data set" ...

ps-> nullius how did you get a PGP Ed25519: 0xC .... ?

Patent1number: ****-****
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: