Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ether Wallet (MEW), is it safe to use it?  (Read 1811 times)
Howard1102

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:20:43 PM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this?  

No, the MEW wallet is insecure. You may find that there are many fake MEW wallet websites on google. I did not use my MEW wallet a few months ago, and I switched to Metamask
shinas

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:33:01 PM

MEW is safe to use. And so the MEW itself is safe, all your ether is only your ether. Address substitution can only be in the browser. Check the address to which you send the cryptocurrency
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:42:47 PM

mew is the most reliable cure for ethereum. but I would recommend you to explore the favorites. because you can also enter cheat sites if you are looking for mew. so all your information is stolen and you lose all your money.
cliffdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:48:32 PM

My ether wallet is very safe, i just feel you have issues with gas(gwei) may be you had a limited gas or may be you had no gas for carry out the transaction. its simple. the only challenge i know one can have with My ether wallet (MEW) is the challenge of misplacing your private key or giving it out to an unworthy source. 
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:55:22 PM

Using MEW to store crypto is an unsafe option at present because the MEW wallet has been attacked recently, and many hackers are getting their full number of crypto. So if you do not often trade then store crypto at hardware wallet as Ledge Nano S is supposed to do. Use hardware wallet always safer than e-wallet.
HyunBin

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

SURVIVE | P2E

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:47:05 AM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this?  

I feel bad too because I got hacked many times in myetherwallet. I feel that its not safe anymore in that wallet. There are group of hackers who steal all my holdings. I wish there are wallets that I can use to replace myetherwallet.

I heard to my friend that there are wallet that I can use and that is Ledge nano, this wallet is expensive you will be sure that it is secured.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀           ▀▀██████
█████▀                 ▀█████
██████       ▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
██████▄                 ▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄       ██████
█████▄                 ▄█████
██████▄▄           ▄▄██████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Survive│P2E
O N L Y   O N E
W I L L   L A S T
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
SomeJasonGuy

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:20:06 AM

Yes I'd say it's quite safe to you. But that doesn't mean you get careless and complacent about wallet usage. Always stay vigilant and plan on investing in a hardware wallet to have a secure hot wallet at all time. A good option for long-term holding would be to use a cold wallet.
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:05:42 AM

Myether wallet is very safe to use, it would accept all ERC20 tokens,  anywallet we should be careful our carelessness will not responsible the wallet. You have to keep your private key very safe. It is wallet mostly used for ethereum. If you lost your private key then you lost all your money, so keep your keys very safe.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:48:00 AM

yes of course myetherwallet (MEW) is very safe to use that makes unsafe is your browser your browser sometimes lead to the web phishing so that make you cheated and stolen, you better be careful if do login myetherwallet.
ever_3x

Activity: 909
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:05:54 AM

I used mew until now is safe, just remember dont share private key and be carreful with
Login with phising site , i always bookmark original mew site in my browser
Your asset in mew will be safely
tntdl

Activity: 86

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 10:17:07 AM

In my opinion, Mew is very safe, I have transferred quite a lot of my ETH from Mew and the trading floors. But recently Mew seems to have a problem because of the slow transfer time, even though Fee has been very high
MatinSTR

Activity: 198

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:18:19 AM

Just use it via offline version. It's very safe...
Fatman861

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:16:36 PM

Your safety depends on your attentiveness! It is important to carefully monitor which links you click on! Scammers do not sleep and are constantly improving in their skills. Keep the original link to your wallet in the notebook and use only it and then your money will be safe! Most often we come across a phishing scam!
thienthankt1

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:49:25 PM

keep your private key safe don't give to anyone it will be safed
Clearstream

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:47:08 PM

i think the network blockage of ether may causes these problems . myethereumwallet is the wallet i use the most . so far , no problems have occurred . of course you can also buy a hardware wallet .
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:20:10 PM

A tool is as safe as the one that wields it, I have seen many people losing their coins by holding their coins in that wallet but it is not the fault of MEW, MEW is just a facilitator and nothing more they do not hold your private keys or anything so if you lose that information it is impossible to recover it, if you have a computer free of viruses you can use MEW without problems but if that is not the case then use another wallet.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:32:28 PM

My Ether Wallet (MEW) Is safe but if you lost your private key then you lost all your funds this is the cons of mew but metamask is another best ethereum wallet after mew and in my opinion it's better then mew so I suggest give metamask a try you will love it.

Metamask is actually pipeline to access your Myetherwallet mate. I see the investors and people have the metamask to mask their coins from hacking. It is another wallet to check their amount price and marketplace value of tokens what you have in your wallet.

To be safer you need to keep your private key much safer mate. That will be work better than anything to have your fund much safer bro.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:28:27 PM

I have the same issue with you, I want to send my coin to other exchange (mercatox) but still field and I lose my gas. i don't know how to get solution about that, maybe other member can give our solution.
This problem sometimes occurs when the token command blocks its movement. If you look at the reason for not conducting a transaction, it can be indicated there that they can not find the corresponding log of movements. However, this will not be accurate, because such a reason will be listed as one of several possible ones. To make sure finally, you need to go to erherscan. io, click on the name of the campaign that issued the token and then see which transactions were in this token and whether they were posted. If the line starts with a red circle in the row of the transaction, and such red circles will be on each line, this will mean that everyone is trying, like you, to move their tokens, however, transactions are not conducted. Then it does not depend on you and on your wallet. Just moving the tokens for a while is blocked by the team. If you can, you can contact the team and find out the reason and for how long the token is blocked. In any case, have to wait.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 09:47:44 PM

I have the same issue with you, I want to send my coin to other exchange (mercatox) but still field and I lose my gas. i don't know how to get solution about that, maybe other member can give our solution.
This problem sometimes occurs when the token command blocks its movement. If you look at the reason for not conducting a transaction, it can be indicated there that they can not find the corresponding log of movements. However, this will not be accurate, because such a reason will be listed as one of several possible ones. To make sure finally, you need to go to erherscan. io, click on the name of the campaign that issued the token and then see which transactions were in this token and whether they were posted. If the line starts with a red circle in the row of the transaction, and such red circles will be on each line, this will mean that everyone is trying, like you, to move their tokens, however, transactions are not conducted. Then it does not depend on you and on your wallet. Just moving the tokens for a while is blocked by the team. If you can, you can contact the team and find out the reason and for how long the token is blocked. In any case, have to wait.
basically the token is blocked so that the coin holders do not throw it into the market And that its price does not fall to the bottom. This is how the team saves the life of the project in a difficult time.
Palisills

Activity: 94

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:48:26 PM

I think that it's safe because the project is open sourced and in it's essence it's not even a wallet but some kind of interface that works with the ETH network directly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: