Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ether Wallet (MEW), is it safe to use it?  (Read 1810 times)
GangNamSK

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:14:05 PM

My Ether Wallet (MEW) Is safe but if you lost your private key then you lost all your funds this is the cons of mew but metamask is another best ethereum wallet after mew and in my opinion it's better then mew so I suggest give metamask a try you will love it.

Metamask is actually pipeline to access your Myetherwallet mate. I see the investors and people have the metamask to mask their coins from hacking. It is another wallet to check their amount price and marketplace value of tokens what you have in your wallet.

To be safer you need to keep your private key much safer mate. That will be work better than anything to have your fund much safer bro.
Metamash is now encouraged to use it to protect the investor's MEW wallet, which is very effective with very high security. Take care of your property before you succeed in this market.
yatno75

Activity: 301

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:28:08 AM

of course safe, I have long used MEW, you just need to add Metamask to access your wallet to be protected from the thieves Grin
Scambusterz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:22:05 AM

I think it's safe to follow certain rules - do not go to phishing sites and do not spread the private key anywhere. But it's still safer to use hardware wallets.
zhaichi11

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:54:52 AM

I thought this Myetherwallet is safe and secured to some black hackers. They have so many ways on how to access myetherwallet but I feel bad because I got hacked and some of my holdings are gone.

ATLANTICO
NEW TAKE ON MEDICAL SERVICE
ANN  Telegramwww.atlantico-network.ioTwitter Facebook
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 09:32:21 AM

I think myetherwallet is very safe for my use up to now still use myetherwallet to store ethereum and some tokens that have cooperation with ethereum and suport ERC20 I think myetherwallet is the most secure and convenient.
Mrs Juli

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

Yes, MEW is very safe to use it is also reliable I had never lost any of  my coin in new and I never heard that from any. To I believe MEW is very safe to transact I am using mew up-to-date
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:05:37 PM

Myetherwallet is safe and easy to use. If you comply with the security of the site, your token and eth will not be hacked or error problems occur. I have been using Myetherwallet for 2 years and have not had any problems

Micheals231

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:26:34 PM

Mew is a decentralized ethereum wallet, no one can have access to your tokens or change your transaction destination, as long as your private key is safe
grimaltonio

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:19:33 PM

I have been using MEW for more than one year and I never had issues with it. I believe the main risk is to enter your informations in a phishing website, better to keep the address bookmarked or in your favorites!
Businesscase

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:12:44 PM

Today I had trouble when I need to transfer ETH from Ledger Nano S to Binance or Bittrex.  It kept fails. Then I found article about using MEW (my ether wallet) as a solution. My question: IS IT SAFE TO USE MEW? will they be able to steal my ETH?  I know it requires hardware to send it from Ledger, but im just curious  because we open our Ledger Ethereum in their website, they could change the destination address to any address they want. anyone can answer this?  

If you want to use the MyEtherWallet, you should better download the old version of the browser and always clean the cookies after using MEW. Right now it's the most safe way to use MEW.
wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 713

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

I think it's safe to follow certain rules - do not go to phishing sites and do not spread the private key anywhere. But it's still safer to use hardware wallets.
You do not know that you are in a phishing site, it is not like hackers are going to advertise that information, in fact hackers are really smart and it is very difficult to detect that you are in a phishing site which is why it is recommended that you do not access MEW by clicking in a link, it is way better that you type the URL or that you use a bookmark to get access to MEW.
whyrqa-1

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:01:49 PM

You do not know that you are in a phishing site, it is not like hackers are going to advertise that information, in fact hackers are really smart and it is very difficult to detect that you are in a phishing site which is why it is recommended that you do not access MEW by clicking in a link, it is way better that you type the URL or that you use a bookmark to get access to MEW.
I have repeatedly met such advice and therefore also use the link in the bookmarks to access my wallet. But How can a person get on a phishing site? This apparently occurs when access to its MEW user is trying to achieve with the help of a search engine.
Kartika1

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:16:28 PM

mostly, i prefer metamask rather than myetherwallet for safety. but myetherwallet is easier to use. and i'm using it for a years without any problem
chi54cd1xd

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:31:07 PM

MEW is one of the best wallet to have as it also support your ERC 20 token.
It's quite safe. However there are quite a lot of scams to attack your wallet. For example, trick users into signing into a fake MEW address, which is roughly the same as the real MEW address or asking you to provide a private key,... Pay attention to the above.
Some wallets have similar functionality to MEW and are quite safe: MyCrypto, Metamask, Trust Wallet
elpape225

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:50:12 PM

OptiToken gonna open around $6 or $7 on C2CX
Luana Trade
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:54:19 AM

yes you are very wrong about the portfolios ethereum vc uses the worst of all as it can be stolen or you simply damage the good even have the safe key in the code qr and ready save a favorite link in your browser and put myetherwallet ready numca but terar problem but the metamask ambem is very good so stay Tip
QueenW

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:12:56 AM

Until recently, I would say that this wallet is safe to use. But more recently, the news came out that MEW was compromised. Under threat were users using the expansion of the hola vpn

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:28:37 AM

If you observe IT security measures, do not go with public WiFi, do not download suspicious files to your computer, do not drop your private-key anywhere, then you do not need to worry. Thousands of people use MEW and store large amounts of money there. Steal money from those who do not comply with security measures
kemdau

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:46:22 AM

MEW can be hacked by hola vpn people should be careful
LowBrain

Activity: 631
Merit: 113

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:57:42 AM

Until recently, I would say that this wallet is safe to use. But more recently, the news came out that MEW was compromised. Under threat were users using the expansion of the hola vpn
Mew is safe, but you have to respect security rules. If you use expansion in your browser, no matter myetherwallet or bank account with 2fa, won't save your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: