Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:51:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Ether Wallet (MEW), is it safe to use it?  (Read 1810 times)
mmocrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:14:56 AM

I never had any problem with MEW.You can trying to bump up GWEI gas
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:34:17 PM

MYETHERWALLET is safe to use, im using itt for almost a year and i didnt encountered any problems like losing funds in my wallet, i will say that its the safest wallet so far.

dragone

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:59:22 PM

Why not? Of course team now develop new project called mycrpyto but anyway MEW still one of the best wallets on market. If you're using rare coins of ERC-20 standard that's best choice. 
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:10:19 PM

MEW e-wallet at present is still very popular use. Although MEW is currently under attack, it is still safe to use MEW if you are careful. My experience is that you should bookmark the website MEW always to visit the website without fear of fraudulent websites. MEW will always be safe if used properly.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:03:23 PM

I think it's safe to follow certain rules - do not go to phishing sites and do not spread the private key anywhere. But it's still safer to use hardware wallets.
You do not know that you are in a phishing site, it is not like hackers are going to advertise that information, in fact hackers are really smart and it is very difficult to detect that you are in a phishing site which is why it is recommended that you do not access MEW by clicking in a link, it is way better that you type the URL or that you use a bookmark to get access to MEW.
I have repeatedly met such advice and therefore also use the link in the bookmarks to access my wallet. But How can a person get on a phishing site? This apparently occurs when access to its MEW user is trying to achieve with the help of a search engine.
Most of the time hackers use social engineering, for example it is very common that in telegram, slack or any other form of communication the developers are using that you receive a message telling you that something went wrong with the emission of the coins and that they are going to do it again and then they send you a link to MEW but it is not the real one, and if you click on it and you login your data now belongs to them.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:03:28 AM

I think it's safe to follow certain rules - do not go to phishing sites and do not spread the private key anywhere. But it's still safer to use hardware wallets.
You do not know that you are in a phishing site, it is not like hackers are going to advertise that information, in fact hackers are really smart and it is very difficult to detect that you are in a phishing site which is why it is recommended that you do not access MEW by clicking in a link, it is way better that you type the URL or that you use a bookmark to get access to MEW.
I have repeatedly met such advice and therefore also use the link in the bookmarks to access my wallet. But How can a person get on a phishing site? This apparently occurs when access to its MEW user is trying to achieve with the help of a search engine.
Most of the time hackers use social engineering, for example it is very common that in telegram, slack or any other form of communication the developers are using that you receive a message telling you that something went wrong with the emission of the coins and that they are going to do it again and then they send you a link to MEW but it is not the real one, and if you click on it and you login your data now belongs to them.
and many phishing sites to control our MEW by spreading the news directly to email, and informing us that mew is no longer safe for our wallets or notifying MEW at this time, updating the security system and they suggest that we immediately click the recommended links to keep us safe

MuhamadDikri

Activity: 1022

Working Hard?? Working Smart!!

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 04:01:08 PM

keep your private key safe don't give to anyone it will be safed

yes .but me must carefull too from phising web or email phising, i have been lost my token because i entered phising web. and my friend tell to me ,to use  Cryptonite and Netcraft addons on my firefox and googlechrome . this addons will block every phising website.
vanthu12

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:11:23 PM

You should use a hard wallet. good and safest
Kaijunbee

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:56:40 PM

I also encountered this problem, but then decided to just store it on MEW.
Truong Thu

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:52:34 AM

It seems I have never encountered a problem yourself, You can check the gas charge if it is too low or not. As recently, gas charges are rising quite high
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:37:14 AM

I have used Myetherwallet many times and i had no problem with it , You just need to make sure the address is exactly https://myetherwallet.com , because there are a lot of phishing websites want to steal your money , and make sure you put enough gas , usually its default is good but some transactions requires more gas because of their heavy traffics , Also you need to keep your private key somewhere safe coz if you lose it you won't be able to recover it again from MEW.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:57:29 AM

Guys it's better to get imtoken wallet and make use of it,  to me it's more secure than mew wallets,  you can easily bank on it or you get a Nano S ledger wallets,  mew might be hacked at anytime, 
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:48:30 PM

I have been using myetherwallet for quite some time now and I think it is very good and safe as I have never had any problems with them. If you can keep your private keys very safe you will not have any problems.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:26:15 PM

I think mew now is safe to use but you still need to be careful when you login. make sure you save your private keys otherwise you could get hacked in any second. make sure you open the right site and don't login and continue if you feel something is not right and log out as soon as you can after you finish to sending your tokens into the exchanges. don't keep the tokens in your mew account because you can lose your account if you are not careful.
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:43:18 AM

Mew is safe, but you have to watch out for your own safety, they can take over your private key with a worm or a trojen.
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:08:46 PM

Yes, myetherwallet is very safe for use because it has very good and promising potentials and it is also very safe, secure and reliable. You need to keep your private key very safe when using the wallet and ensure you do not use a third party website to access your account.
quality.crypto

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:43:00 AM

Yes, MEW is always safe as long as if you don't share your private key to others. In the beginning, it's my fault that I have shared my private key to the unknown he has stolen all my coins. It is really very big loos so, it is always good not to share your private keys with others.
artem21

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

any wallet is unsafe. If you use it openly, you should understand that all passwords are kept only by you, and if your funds are stolen, you should only blame yourself
Greendays

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 03:55:32 AM

Myetherwallet is safe if you ask for a backend process. however,, thier is a huge risk involve in front-end side,, always look for the - https with green colour- in the url . this gives a confirmation that the link is encypted and chance of hacking is low..
accmmooftra0

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 04:32:48 AM

In any campaigns, It is recommended to use an ERC20 wallet, so MEW wallet is very secure to use
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: