Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:23:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why do we need politicians?  (Read 900 times)
avoroch

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:11:40 PM

so i've been thinking about this a lot recently, and i would like to know if anyone can come up with a reason why politicians are still necessary for good government. i've come to realize that their whole relevance comes from a time itself irrelevant to the modern world. in developed countries, the vast majority of people plugged into cell phones and internet, why do we have to be under a system thats from a time when most people were not even literate? most modern governments of wealthy developed countries were formed prior to the development of modern technology, and it had become the norm in the establishment of these countries to develop a system of political representation for citizens in the form of politicians as democratic systems emerged.

and so, functionally, politicians are meant to represent us in government, correct?

internet and cell phones let basically all people communicate instantaneously all the time, and the average amount of education a person receives today is probably not so different than the average politician received a century ago.. and even right here right now i am representing my own ideas thanks to this technology and education..
like the factory worker whose function, supplanted by technology, is quickly being made obselete by robots, so are politicians can we not use things like ssl and https to build something to replace make politicians obsolete? i dont think many will argue that they perform well in their function, and could not use an upgrade. we can replace government buildings in capitals with a secure domain for everyone to have a hand in governing, or at least the opportunity if they care enough to want it. the USA is considered a democratic republic because we have a system where a few vote for the rest, and yet its government loves to place the democratic ideal above all else. what would more democratic than having more people voting more?

we all already have a digital representaton of ourselves that exists simply in our bitcointalk forum user accounts. why not extend the arena to government as well?

what is the need for politicians?
in the USA, career politicians spend their entire lives advancing through ranks in government (and probably have better job security than you do). their only job is to keep their corporate sponsors happy so they that can continue to look good when they need to be re-elected. they might as well dress like nascar drivers with the jumpsuits with all the logos and brands on them... and its not like people are not already aware of this even. the existing political ecosystem in which political correctness is the rubric by which politicians are elected and fired, but it has very little to do with their actual function as our government.
government for and by the self-same people would take care of this need, i think.

this idea just continues to seem increasing obvious to me, but it just seems we are constantly evolving to something increasing further from this and it all just seems so counterproductive. can progress happen, or are we just entrenched into the current state of bullshit?
politicians have been ruining too many things i care about lately.. its all hidden agendas and doublespeak. its becoming increasingly necessary to be oddly reminded that its not actually their job to progressively make things worse
i cant remember the last time my government (in the USA we all hail an orange mammal whose specialty is split between being an agressive twit on twatter and an emotionally-stunted 12 year old) acted with integrity, possibly because it was before i was born.

help Sad

Usual people need professioal liers. It's true
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:56:34 PM

There is a difference between leaders and politicians but people sometimes can't differentiate between the two because they all want to attain power through voting. We really don't need politicians we just need leaders because every society needs a leader so that there is a clear chain of command.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
IVNAY ALBIN FAHAD 150

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:27:28 AM

A politician is a valuable asset for a country. Politicians represent the country. The main artisan of running a country is politician. Politicians play a key role in governing a country. Politicians create beautiful relationships with the outside world. So I think politicians need for us.
Rodon

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:30:44 AM

In my opinion, we have politicians to have order and rules in our country in aim to avoid chaos.
alto123

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:32:45 AM

We cannot have everyone as a politician. To many people with too many different opinions.. And there are a lot of crazy people. So politicians are a necessary evil
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:36:03 AM

They the leaders of the society and basically people needs a leader to direct that is why we need them. The problem is their leadership so sometimesit is better for them not to exist than to become the pain maker of the mass.
wowbit123

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:41:07 AM

and so, functionally, politicians are meant to represent us in government, correct?
99% of all politicians  represent only themselves or some clans that they belongs to. And they don't care anything exept money, power and our voices on elections. I think, direct democracy can solve this problem. But it will become possible only when all people become true citizen who really care about they state.
We need politician because we need leader that lead our country Smiley and also to protect their people to harm. But not all politician are concern to their people all they need is corruptions.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:32:54 PM

so i've been thinking about this a lot recently, and i would like to know if anyone can come up with a reason why politicians are still necessary for good government. i've come to realize that their whole relevance comes from a time itself irrelevant to the modern world. in developed countries, the vast majority of people plugged into cell phones and internet, why do we have to be under a system thats from a time when most people were not even literate? most modern governments of wealthy developed countries were formed prior to the development of modern technology, and it had become the norm in the establishment of these countries to develop a system of political representation for citizens in the form of politicians as democratic systems emerged.

internet and cell phones let basically all people communicate instantaneously all the time, and the average amount of education a person receives today is probably not so different than the average politician received a century ago.. and even right here right now i am representing my own ideas thanks to this technology and education..
like the factory worker whose function, supplanted by technology, is quickly being made obselete by robots, so are politicians can we not use things like ssl and https to build something to replace make politicians obsolete? i dont think many will argue that they perform well in their function, and could not use an upgrade. we can replace government buildings in capitals with a secure domain for everyone to have a hand in governing, or at least the opportunity if they care enough to want it. the USA is considered a democratic republic because we have a system where a few vote for the rest, and yet its government loves to place the democratic ideal above all else. what would more democratic than having more people voting more?

we all already have a digital representaton of ourselves that exists simply in our bitcointalk forum user accounts. why not extend the arena to government as well?

what is the need for politicians?
in the USA, career politicians spend their entire lives advancing through ranks in government (and probably have better job security than you do). their only job is to keep their corporate sponsors happy so they that can continue to look good when they need to be re-elected. they might as well dress like nascar drivers with the jumpsuits with all the logos and brands on them... and its not like people are not already aware of this even. the existing political ecosystem in which political correctness is the rubric by which politicians are elected and fired, but it has very little to do with their actual function as our government.
government for and by the self-same people would take care of this need, i think.

this idea just continues to seem increasing obvious to me, but it just seems we are constantly evolving to something increasing further from this and it all just seems so counterproductive. can progress happen, or are we just entrenched into the current state of bullshit?
politicians have been ruining too many things i care about lately.. its all hidden agendas and doublespeak. its becoming increasingly necessary to be oddly reminded that its not actually their job to progressively make things worse
i cant remember the last time my government (in the USA we all hail an orange mammal whose specialty is split between being an agressive twit on twatter and an emotionally-stunted 12 year old) acted with integrity, possibly because it was before i was born.

help Sad

Politicians are our voted leader. They are the reason why we have successful and flop countries. Their job is to lead our land and help the people living in it. If there is no leadership there will be no peace. But some of them doesn't know where exactly their place are. Many crimes happen under circumstances as well. They are doing illegal stuff that ruins their name.
hrgo99

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:38:10 PM

We dont need the politicians they need us so they can take more money thats the reason why they battle so much for power
kerwin T

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:11:02 PM

We need politician to lead the members of society and to make laws that will implement peace and order. But most of then using their position for their personal gain and the people voted get left behind.
I truly aggree that they will lead the people of the society into a peace and order living but in some cases. Politiciand abuse their position and corrupt the government that will lead problems to the people like poverty.
namaldisa

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:49:46 PM

I understand the need of a government, but not the need of politicians.

It always feels like you have a bunch of unqualifying people doing the work. Each field should require the skills necessary to do the job.

It seems that all you need to run the country, or any part of it, is be good at convincing the majority of the people you should run it. They convince them by talks and nothing more. And the talks, probably comes from someone else.
Doofzkie

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:59:32 PM

Politicians leads the nation and to think how to solve the problems of the country, it can also help the people who is in need that what politicians do and not in their own sake.
GentelMe

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:00:42 PM

We need ppl lying on us in our life  Lips sealed
Temitope

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:14:34 PM

We need politicians because we are living in a democratic world and the only way of holding public office is to be a politician there for politicians manage the affairs of the state
vanslyien

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:11:33 AM

First of all, man is a political being. The complexity of politics, societal advancement and human nature needs a system wherein it can maintain the human civilization for the long run. Despite the human weakness holding a power, it is undeniable fact that we need a people who will lead us and that is the role of politicians. In every system, there is always a loophole, in every rule there is an exemption, and whatever lacks it is the part of the people to contribute because everyone have an obligation.It doesn't matter if we are part of the politics, an ordinary citizens, we are human being that is the point.
nodelover

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:45:01 AM

it's because we need leaders to manage our place or country to make our lives peaceful Smiley

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS            
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:57:13 AM

We need politicians because that's where the smart criminals go. Of course we don't need criminals. The cops take care of the dumb ones. Politics shows us where the smart ones are, so we can go elsewhere.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
migz28

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:15:39 PM

We need politicians or leader in our society because they are the one who will implement the peace and order. They will help the indigent people to have a small capital for business so that they will provide the needs of their family like the education of their children.. leaders / politicians shoulds give the proper benefits of the people especially in health insurance..
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:27:19 PM

Mainly politicians represent a surten group that voted for him, this is how everything started, and i think that we need someone to represent us but with a clean soul and a bright mind.
ahamid1982

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:30:20 PM

Politicians are required to lead the members of society. They are representatives selected by us in the government or opposition.
There should be some interface between democracy and people. So they fill the gap. WE need men and women who will work out of a good heart intending to make a good impact in our society one that really make sense and make us inspire to follow their written laws and policies and make us better citizen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: