Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:36:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: <ANN> HoboNickels HBN Mandatory UPDATE to version 1.1  (Read 61223 times)
Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:52:14 PM

Thanks for the update. I agree wholeheartedly that the release should make sure that CAP is running ok before putting it in the wild. I have had enough fun with CAP, prefer not to have any of that type of fun with my HBN.
Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:03:32 PM

Yes agree wholeheartedly, better to take time with the fixes. Would rather a later release that works with no forks, then a quick one that has issues.

So far the only thing that HBN is not doing 100% correct is stake. But simply waiting for 10 blocks to be solved and moving 50 coins to another wallet works great!  I have been getting a few very nice stakes lately.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:05:29 PM

Ehm, are stakes working now, or is it just me buying coins that are staking ^^ ?

No stake on my mined coins. Updated client has not been released yet as far as I know. It was scheduledbfor the 20th. Not sure if that is still a valid date or not.

You just need a block of 50 coins or more to gen stake. If you are mining, simply wait for 50 coins and move them to another wallet, that is up all the time. It will get staked. Been working great for me.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Thrash

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 01:38:57 AM

Ehm, are stakes working now, or is it just me buying coins that are staking ^^ ?

No stake on my mined coins. Updated client has not been released yet as far as I know. It was scheduledbfor the 20th. Not sure if that is still a valid date or not.

You just need a block of 50 coins or more to gen stake. If you are mining, simply wait for 50 coins and move them to another wallet, that is up all the time. It will get staked. Been working great for me.

When you move them do you have to wait the 10 days again? What if you do a send to self, have you tried that?

I figured I would just wait for the new client. In hindsight I should have been transferring them all as I went.
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:04:16 AM

When you move them do you have to wait the 10 days again? What if you do a send to self, have you tried that?

I figured I would just wait for the new client. In hindsight I should have been transferring them all as I went.

Yes 10 days, plus stake diff comes into place.  I can say 100% from one wallet to the next it works perfect. I have only just tested from self to self. Been 9 days.  I assume it should work.

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:06:39 AM

This has been broke for a while. I really like it, who runs it?

Thrash

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:21:57 PM

This has been broke for a while. I really like it, who runs it?

I like that style block explorer also. Especially for "exploring" the chain, just easier than one block at a time. Not sure who runs them.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:59:33 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 08:31:59 PM by Damnsammit

This is going to fork in two days. 

All CAP-clones are doomed unless the developers are actively changing the code.

If you are smart you will sell for any amount you can get.  De-listing will follow and then death.
Cidsor

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:46:12 PM

If you are smart you will sell for any amount you can get.  De-listing will follow and then death.

Bottlecaps didnt fork per-se, it was going from the old to new version that screwed up the stakes. Getting stakes from the non-updated chain with the updated client.
Damnsammit

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:51:28 PM

Bottlecaps didnt fork per-se, it was going from the old to new version that screwed up the stakes. Getting stakes from the non-updated chain with the updated client.

I don't really know anything about what caused the fork... just taking a guess seeing as how LBW has never had an update and it forked after exactly a month.

It was also a CAP-clone.
Cidsor

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:29:14 PM

I don't really know anything about what caused the fork... just taking a guess seeing as how LBW has never had an update and it forked after exactly a month.

It was also a CAP-clone.

I don't know what happened with Lebowskies, but it seems like the devs made their own errors as it does not seem like the same issue cap is having. HBN is atm fork-free and the devs know exactly what they have to do to prevent forks as best as possible. Meaning we will have to suffer with a broken original wallet staking until the CAP issue is fixed. I would be rather surprised to see HBN forked by any conventional means, as I know people who hold the coin, holds lots of it and are trustworthy hobos.

As a sidenote, Bitcoin forked three years ago due to faults in the protocol. Forks doesn't mean a coin is doomed Smiley
Damnsammit

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:35:01 PM

I don't know what happened with Lebowskies, but it seems like the devs made their own errors as it does not seem like the same issue cap is having. HBN is atm fork-free and the devs know exactly what they have to do to prevent forks as best as possible. Meaning we will have to suffer with a broken original wallet staking until the CAP issue is fixed. I would be rather surprised to see HBN forked by any conventional means, as I know people who hold the coin, holds lots of it and are trustworthy hobos.

As a sidenote, Bitcoin forked three years ago due to faults in the protocol. Forks doesn't mean a coin is doomed Smiley

Sometimes I get drunk and like to ramble like I know what I'm talking about, when I really don't!  Cheesy

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:55:16 PM

Plus stakes have been running for sometime here, and seem to be working well. So the 30 day mark will not be due to stakes, most likely, but rather something else in the code. We shall see.

vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:24:17 PM

It was also a CAP-clone.

From what I can tell there is no available link for the Windows client? The Google Drive link has been dead for quite some time. Can't be good for popularity.
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:31:03 PM

From what I can tell there is no available link for the Windows client? The Google Drive link has been dead for quite some time. Can't be good for popularity.

Not sure thundertoe realized this. I have uploaded the rar file for now, if anyone wants it.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/443734/HoboNickels-1-0-0-rar.html

blarg

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:36:06 PM

hobos unite!
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:56:12 AM

Not sure thundertoe realized this. I have uploaded the rar file for now, if anyone wants it.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/443734/HoboNickels-1-0-0-rar.html

nice catch thanks, updated front page.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:58:43 AM

CAP fix was confirmed good testnet last night.  Good sign at least. I will update when i learn more.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:30:56 AM

HoboNickels was added to PhenixEx cryptocurrency exchange!

Let others sign up with your referral link and receive 25% of their trading fees!
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:14:49 AM

Use mine to sign up

Thanks Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: