Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do girls use Bitcoin ?  (Read 170746 times)
positivelybitcoin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:23:13 PM

I am a girl and I am a pilot. And I use Bitcoin. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:27:43 PM

Yes, but who parks the plane?   Grin
positivelybitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:28:51 PM

Funny I can park a plane better than I can park a car.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:32:36 PM

I realize much of the thread is joking, but that doesn't justify this outrageous sexism.

Yes, women use Bitcoin. Yes, they are sufficiently tech-savvy to do it. If you look at this thread, you will find that over 7% of users on this forum are female. It is irresponsible to denounce almost 50% of the world population in this way.

If there's a reason that fewer women frequent these forums than men, it is because of the hostile environment. BitcoinTalk is not Saudi Arabia. We are not to stereotype any gender, profession, race, or location. What is Bitcoin about? Decentralization. Money in the hands of the people—all people.

Women are integral parts of the Bitcoin ecosystem. Lindsay Holland is the assistant director of the Bitcoin Foundation. All top Bitcoin companies, including the former BitInstant, BFL, Mt. Gox, BitPay, etc., employ women. A woman owns the eminent Bitcoin stock exchange and options market, MPOE/MPEX. Bitcoin would not nearly be where it is now had not been for the tireless work and support of women. This fact must be respected, not dismissed. The stereotyping in this thread is simply unacceptable.
Wtf are you speaking about?
On the internet sex does not matter. Do we know the sex of the creator of bitcoin? No. Because it does not matter. Sexism, hostile environment, saudi arabia, lolwut? No one stop anyone from using bitcoin. If there are so few women it is their choice. If they want to use it, they can use it without problems.

You are speaking about "women" like if they are something special, something different  Roll Eyes

woodrake

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 05:32:43 PM

Are girls / women interested in Bitcoin ?
Your opinion ?

Seriously? :/

I would expect the same ratio of girls are interested in cryptocurrencies that are in ICT. We're not all bimbos!

Kate.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:33:22 PM

Yes, but who parks the plane?   Grin

Funny I can park a plane better than I can park a car.

Oh god, now you just went ahead and reinforced all the stereotypes.  Cheesy
positivelybitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:35:05 PM

Ha! I know! And I'm not afraid to say it. Wink
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:36:08 PM

I realize much of the thread is joking, but that doesn't justify this outrageous sexism.

Yes, women use Bitcoin. Yes, they are sufficiently tech-savvy to do it. If you look at this thread, you will find that over 7% of users on this forum are female. It is irresponsible to denounce almost 50% of the world population in this way.

If there's a reason that fewer women frequent these forums than men, it is because of the hostile environment. BitcoinTalk is not Saudi Arabia. We are not to stereotype any gender, profession, race, or location. What is Bitcoin about? Decentralization. Money in the hands of the people—all people.

Women are integral parts of the Bitcoin ecosystem. Lindsay Holland is the assistant director of the Bitcoin Foundation. All top Bitcoin companies, including the former BitInstant, BFL, Mt. Gox, BitPay, etc., employ women. A woman owns the eminent Bitcoin stock exchange and options market, MPOE/MPEX. Bitcoin would not nearly be where it is now had not been for the tireless work and support of women. This fact must be respected, not dismissed. The stereotyping in this thread is simply unacceptable.
Wtf are you speaking about?
On the internet sex does not matter. Do we know the sex of the creator of bitcoin? No. Because it does not matter. Sexism, hostile environment, saudi arabia, lolwut? No one stop anyone from using bitcoin. If there are so few women it is their choice. If they want to use it, they can use it without problems.

You are speaking about "women" like if they are something special, something different  Roll Eyes

Denying the problem doesn't solve it. An utopian world is genderblind. These forums are not. If you want proof, read this very thread. If "sex" truly doesn't matter, we'd not be making these inappropriate jokes and assertions. This is the type of behaviour that must stop.
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:39:07 PM

Why? Jokes are made on men too. Actually, since this forum is made of mostly men, most jokes are about men. But no one ever ask for that to stop. Weird.

If someone, no matter the sex, make a good software and post it, people will use it, no matter the sex. Same for a good service. For a good product.

Some trolls posting some pictures just can't influence this.

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:40:51 PM

Sorry, but I think you are greatly exaggerating.

It is no secret that men and women often have different interests. I've talked to women about Bitcoin and their reaction was highly sexist towards me if we would apply your criteria.

I think the environment in these forums is certainly not hostile towards women. Any woman which interests herself in Bitcoin would be warmly embraced by the community... <sexism>and if she's only almost hot-looking she would get laid in no time if she liked, because tech-savvy girls are any Bitcoiner's wet dream.</sexism>

Grin

ya.ya.yo

Have you talked to men about Bitcoin, in the same way? I have no doubts that they'd dismiss you equally quickly.

I've talked to men about Bitcoin in the same way (rational) - I wasn't dismissed by all - only by few. And those who dismissed Bitcoin did never argument in a stereotypic ad hominem style like women did. (But I didn't feel offended by it, because I think such behavior is common among many women and from my point of view it's almost always preferable to speak straight from the heart.)

I'm a man. I try to use reason and to be fair in judgement. I don't know to which degree I succeed - but I don't think it is my duty as a man to be a women's rights activist. That is women's duty.

So any woman is hereby invited to throw her disapproval and disgust towards the sexist assh0le of a man that I am.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:44:00 PM

I have to add another thing: there are a lot of women on internet, but on forums for other arguments. Why? Again, i don't know.

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:44:51 PM

Why? Jokes are made on men too. Actually, since this forum is made of mostly men, most jokes are about men. But no one ever ask for that to stop. Weird.

If someone, no matter the sex, make a good software and post it, people will use it, no matter the sex. Same for a good service. For a good product.

Give one example of a man joining and being accused of faking his gender. One example of a man asked to show private parts of his body. One example of men being called "too technologically inept" to use Bitcoin. One example of this "modified client", made especially for men:

yayayo
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:46:54 PM

Denying the problem doesn't solve it. An utopian world is genderblind. These forums are not. If you want proof, read this very thread. If "sex" truly doesn't matter, we'd not be making these inappropriate jokes and assertions. This is the type of behaviour that must stop.

Right, if there is no problem for the majority it can't be solved by the majority. If you have a problem, only you can solve it.

Genderblind? Well, I prefer to know the sex before having sex...

ya.ya.yo!

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:51:23 PM

So now jokes are forbidden? The next time a man will make a joke on a man i expect you to instantly come and ban him! But guess what, it seems these jokes are fine  Roll Eyes

What if who made the image is a woman? As i said, you can't know the sex of someone on the internet!

yayayo
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:52:59 PM

Give one example of a man joining and being accused of faking his gender. One example of a man asked to show private parts of his body. One example of men being called "too technologically inept" to use Bitcoin. One example of this "modified client", made especially for men:

Have you ever been to women-dominated forums?

ya.ya.yo!

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

Basing on what he says, if a man go on a women dominated forum and post that image the forum will become completely desert  Cheesy

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 05:59:59 PM

So now jokes are forbidden? The next time a man will make a joke on a man i expect you to instantly come and ban him! But guess what, it seems these jokes are fine  Roll Eyes

What if who made the image is a woman? As i said, you can't know the sex of someone on the internet!

Do you recognize the difference between making a joke on a man, and making a joke on men? For example, it's alright to joke about Barack Obama. It's not alright to make jokes about mulattoes in general. The jokes in this thread do not target a woman. They target women in general.

The sex of the creator doesn't matter. The fact that a creator exists does not matter. The image is inappropriate, and should never have been posted here.

Have you ever been to women-dominated forums?

ya.ya.yo!

This type of reasoning equates to "typhoons are worse than hurricanes; therefore, we should not worry about hurricanes".

Basing on what he says, if a man go on a women dominated forum and post that image the forum will become completely desert  Cheesy

As I said, 7% of users admit they are female in an anonymous poll. This decreases to 4% when measuring only those who fill out profiles. There is a hostile atmosphere here, and that needs to be fixed.
Gabi
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:05:23 PM

Oh so now it is about censorship, right.

Women dominated forums exist, so it is clear that being on internet is not a problem for women. The question is: why for some arguments we have women dominated forums while for others (cryptocurrencies) no?

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

Oh so now it is about censorship, right.

Women dominated forums exist, so it is clear that being on internet is not a problem for women. The question is: why for some arguments we have women dominated forums while for others (cryptocurrencies) no?

Where did I say anything about censorship?
yayayo
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:09:52 PM

As I said, 7% of users admit they are female in an anonymous poll. This decreases to 4% when measuring only those who fill out profiles. There is a hostile atmosphere here, and that needs to be fixed.

We should especially offer services for the great percentage of women that are 80+ according to this ingenious poll.

Yeah. Go fix this outrageously hostile atmosphere. Offer free hugs for the poor exploited women who desperately need you to defend their rights...

ya.ya.yo!

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: