Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do girls use Bitcoin ?  (Read 170751 times)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 01:51:20 AM

Bitcoiners are far more attractive than the average person.  Here is just a brief list of why smart women like us bitcoin geeks... and why smart men like bitcoin geek women...

- We are generally available.
- Others will tend not to steal us away.
- We can fix things.
- Your parents will love us.
- We're smart.
- We can carry conversations on many interesting topics (well, at least to us).
- We are more grateful than average for the positive attention, and less likely to take it for granted.

Wink
There is some truth here.

My husband once said that women should be very excited to date geeks, specifically computer programmers.  He said that typically they never cheat.  They follow the logical conclusions by thinking "IF I cheat, THEN X happens."  X could be a number of things!  Wife gets money, children, revenge etc.  So it is not logical to cheat, therefore the man keeps his pants on.  Wink  Hey, so far it has been very true for me.  Also, many geeks make pretty good money too!   Grin  Women are crazy for not wanting to date one IMHO.
soooooo fucking hilarious!!! hahahahahahhaaha Cheesy
Funny... and true!
Programmers are generally programmable within hardware constraints.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Amaze

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:20:07 AM

What's the point of this thread? If girls use Bitcoin, so what? If girls don't, again, so what?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 03:06:35 AM

It's this really boring and baffling thing that people get distressed about all the time like "Not enough girls working in the construction industry" blah blah blah, same thing here really, I bet you a lot of them are doing it in secret.
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:22:49 AM

I'm a girl and a mum of two. (working out how I can pay thier pocketmoney in cryptocurrency) Smiley

bitcoin is for all!

I've created paper wallets for each of our kids and just transfer a bit to them each week from mining profits.

brilliant daemondazz, that is a great idea paper wallets for the kids. from mining profits too. the great thing about that is they will be curious about how they came to be and you can explain mining to them.

not is there a wallet that does direct debits faculty or pushes sa percentage of bitcoin onwards?

I've written a small bash script which you pass in an amount to transfer and it automatically splits it up into 4 parts, ­one third each into a paper wallet for myself and my wife and the remaining third split in half for each of our two children.

nice daemondazz , my script ability isn't great (mining has been a fun learning curve), if it's alirght with you I might PM you for the split script?

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
daemondazz

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:52:58 AM

I'm a girl and a mum of two. (working out how I can pay thier pocketmoney in cryptocurrency) Smiley

bitcoin is for all!

I've created paper wallets for each of our kids and just transfer a bit to them each week from mining profits.

brilliant daemondazz, that is a great idea paper wallets for the kids. from mining profits too. the great thing about that is they will be curious about how they came to be and you can explain mining to them.

not is there a wallet that does direct debits faculty or pushes sa percentage of bitcoin onwards?

I've written a small bash script which you pass in an amount to transfer and it automatically splits it up into 4 parts, ­one third each into a paper wallet for myself and my wife and the remaining third split in half for each of our two children.

nice daemondazz , my script ability isn't great (mining has been a fun learning curve), if it's alirght with you I might PM you for the split script?

I've uploaded it to GitHub: bitcoin-split.sh at https://github.com/daemondazz/bitcoin-utils

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:02:02 AM

Bitcoiners are far more attractive than the average person.  Here is just a brief list of why smart women like us bitcoin geeks... and why smart men like bitcoin geek women...

- We are generally available.
- Others will tend not to steal us away.
- We can fix things.
- Your parents will love us.
- We're smart.
- We can carry conversations on many interesting topics (well, at least to us).
- We are more grateful than average for the positive attention, and less likely to take it for granted.

Wink

I think not very far into the future all this will condense to a single aspect:

- We have Bitcoins.

Grin

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:18:54 AM

Boys mine coins, girls bake coins.

That's the most sexist thing I've ever seen.
After finally getting some caffeine in me after a few days' break, I JUST noticed you wrote "sexist," not "sexiest." I kept making this screwed-up face every time someone'd quote you. I'm so happy to've finally figure this mystery out.
inceptor

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:22:10 PM

girls and specially moms with kids uses BTC as its better secure and anonymous payment option and off course anyone regardless of male female have equal benefits of using bitcoins!
juca

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:52:00 PM

girls and specially moms with kids uses BTC as its better secure and anonymous payment option and off course anyone regardless of male female have equal benefits of using bitcoins!

definitely. I think the author of this post was just trolling a bit about, as a matter of fact, the technical side of bitcoin is mostly developed by men, so the post title has this ambiguous sense, in my opinion, no?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:57:39 PM

Way to go Britney! Have you slept with will.i.am yet?

BitGo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

https://bitgo.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 05:11:23 PM

I think the author of this post was just trolling a bit about, as a matter of fact, the technical side of bitcoin is mostly developed by men, so the post title has this ambiguous sense, in my opinion, no?

Why is everyone so quick to assume that people are trolling?

This is a pretty legit question, especially for marketing purposes for any bitcoin company. If enough women use BTC, then bitcoin companies can and should target appropriately.

Securing the World's Bitcoin https://bitgo.com
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:26:44 PM

No, you don't understand. Especially Moms with kids need secure and anonymous payment options.

For their drugs.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:38:19 PM

No, you don't understand. Especially Moms with kids need secure and anonymous payment options.

For their drugs.

With a Britney avatar, I was thinking, "Wow your idol is the quintessential cam whore". Yeah, I can see you supporting Bitcoin. But drugs work too. lol

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:06:16 PM

I think the author of this post was just trolling a bit about, as a matter of fact, the technical side of bitcoin is mostly developed by men, so the post title has this ambiguous sense, in my opinion, no?

This is a pretty legit question, especially for marketing purposes for any bitcoin company. If enough women use BTC, then bitcoin companies can and should target appropriately.

There are a lot of trolls on these forums and on the internet in general. Weird guys pretend to be girls all the time.. not sure why.

You've gotta be careful around here, there are a lot of scammers and untrustworthy people. My first rule of thumb is to trust no one until they have proven themselves trustworthy. Be careful about conducting transactions with people on here, escrow exists for a reason.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:12:40 PM

There are a lot of trolls on these forums and on the internet in general. Weird guys pretend to be girls all the time.. not sure why.

You've gotta be careful around here, there are a lot of scammers and untrustworthy people. My first rule of thumb is to trust no one until they have proven themselves trustworthy. Be careful about conducting transactions with people on here, escrow exists for a reason.

Here is the only test that would convince me someone on this forum is a woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fzrE8lGJds

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 05:39:46 AM

I realize much of the thread is joking, but that doesn't justify this outrageous sexism.

Yes, women use Bitcoin. Yes, they are sufficiently tech-savvy to do it. If you look at this thread, you will find that over 7% of users on this forum are female. It is irresponsible to denounce almost 50% of the world population in this way.

If there's a reason that fewer women frequent these forums than men, it is because of the hostile environment. BitcoinTalk is not Saudi Arabia. We are not to stereotype any gender, profession, race, or location. What is Bitcoin about? Decentralization. Money in the hands of the people—all people.

Women are integral parts of the Bitcoin ecosystem. Lindsay Holland is the assistant director of the Bitcoin Foundation. All top Bitcoin companies, including the former BitInstant, BFL, Mt. Gox, BitPay, etc., employ women. A woman owns the eminent Bitcoin stock exchange and options market, MPOE/MPEX. Bitcoin would not nearly be where it is now had not been for the tireless work and support of women. This fact must be respected, not dismissed. The stereotyping in this thread is simply unacceptable.

No one is forcing you to wear a hijab, you can drive and go to school, I don't think this comparison is appropriate and is in itself a misandristic statement attaching such stigma to a group of men who clearly do not act in such an extreme way regardless of how you personally perceive it.

This is what we need, more "feminists" coming into one of the small handful of predominantly male groups left, and blaming them for "excluding" women rather than just concluding like anyone with any common sense that some times MEN & WOMEN LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS. Next thing you will be ranting about how these horrible penis having terrors forcibly exclude women from engineering, architecture, and construction jobs, because it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that MOST WOMEN HAVE NO INTEREST in these fields.

You are right tho, you should continue to try to infiltrate, accuse, and dismantle any place where men meet and discuss subjects freely as men, because women should be the only gender with the freedom to meet in predominantly gender similar groups. When men do it, it is just SEXIST!
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:33:26 PM

You are right tho, you should continue to try to infiltrate, accuse, and dismantle any place where men meet and discuss subjects freely as men, because women should be the only gender with the freedom to meet in predominantly gender similar groups. When men do it, it is just SEXIST!

I never thought about men's clubs in that way before, thank you for this post.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
MagicBit15

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Let's Start a Cryptolution!!

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 04:59:18 PM

I don't think there's even girls on the internet, or has this changed recently?  Wink

Tips for Tips: 1Jy8ZycPNjnwNLevNwoRRqPAKkZ8Fqnukc
I won the poetry contest!! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219714.40 Thank You, Sir Lambert!!
+5 Rep: Successful Forum Transactions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176117.0  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209024.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233052 Check My Rep!!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 05:00:23 PM

I think the rules about girls on the internet changed when I heard there were girls that played Skyrim and enjoyed it.
FiNaLize

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

I think it is still a bit to difficult to use for most girls. If it could work in some kind of creditcard form it will do great amongst that target group.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: