Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, was it scam?  (Read 496 times)
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:20:29 AM

Hey guys, I am new so be nice  Grin
So yesterday, the co-founder of Bitcoin said that he is selling his BTCs and then maybe moving to bitcoin cash! In less than 24 hours, coinbase add this to its wallet and then price were pumped up by a few small transactions to 8500$!

In a trade world, this is illegal, isn't it?

Shouldn't Bitcoin have some sort of self regulation to prevent people from doing this kinda stuff?
There are no regulations that exist for Bitcoin to prevent something like that, and there shouldn't be any kinds of regulation to prevent something like that since there isn't any point behind trying to regulate a completely free economy. It's always up to the free market to choose where it is going to go, that's the beauty of it all. if there's a pump, the market should correct it or it will stay at that price and the market will have to change to reflect that. Why would any kind of regulation be a benefit to the crypto economy?
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:23:42 AM

Why letting fud affect our decision and when has that guy become co- founder of bitcoin, is there and record as co- founder in bitcoin history a part from santoshi Nakamoto himself alone can make that kind of statement about bitcoin. And bitcoin cash price has never reached $8500 so you should always get your facts right before coming out to make statements.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:44:51 AM

LOL? Bitcoin Cash? I don't think that bitcoin cash reached that 8k USD. Really? What a great FUD you're spreading. And also that thing, the co-founder of bitcoin moved to BCH? I don't think so.
marketcoin2 (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:31:44 AM

So apparently, many of people here don't read or follow the news or even 3 pages of discussion here, allow me to make a few points a little bit clear:

1. I am newbie but I know bitcoin does not have a co-founder. I meant co-founder of bitcoin.com, and I made it clear a few post later!

2. bitcoin cash reach to 8500$ even 9000$ for 2 hours, in coinbase.com. The reason was inside trading! I am surprised people even don't follow the basic breaking news all over the internet.

3. The whole topics of this discussion was around the banaza move that basecoin.com and co-founder of bitcoin.com pull off! This move not only made some people lose their money, but also it caused the price of BTC go down by 30 to 50% over a few days!

I appreciate great discussion of many of you! I learned a lot but make sure spend a few mins on previous answers to not have wrong assumptions, and repeating already giving points!
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 07:01:16 AM

So apparently, many of people here don't read or follow the news or even 3 pages of discussion here, allow me to make a few points a little bit clear:

1. I am newbie but I know bitcoin does not have a co-founder. I meant co-founder of bitcoin.com, and I made it clear a few post later!

Yes, a few posts later.  Lovely.  Do you know the FUD effect your original post may have, when idiots see it?  Whatever your intentions, that was an extraordinary mistake.

For my part, I quoted your correction in my post; thus, it’s clear that I did read the discussion up to that point.  I also provided a link to Satoshi’s discussion of why he didn’t have the bitcoin dot-com domain name, back in March of 2010.  I presume you had not seen that; most people haven’t.  (N.b. that as far as I know, the domain has changed hands since then—and has never been in the hands of any decent Bitcoiner.)  When I wrote my reply, as you must surely understand, I did not write only it to you; I covered the topic adequately for you, and for anybody else who might read through this thread.

But I must here give you a friendly tip:  If you expect for people on Internet forums nowadays to actually read anything before shooting their mouths off, prepare to be disappointed.  I know that I am, seemingly in perpetuity.

Edit:  P.S.:  I suggest that edit your original post to add a note like this one, appending the correction to your original post.  That way, people numbskulls who only read the first post will actually see your self-correction—with more graceful results all around.  I do not recommend editing the substance of your post.  Not only would that be dishonestly rewriting history; but it would also make you look like a fool, since your original post is fully quoted in multiple other posts in the thread for anybody to see.

Yousint0r

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:02:11 PM

Roger Ver buy bitcoin.com and he with co-founder "website" try to destroy bitcoin.

they use them old bitcoins to buy cheap bitcoins and make bitcoincash stronger.

you will waste money if use BCH.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:03:04 PM

It wasn't the first time when Bitcoin Cash value was pumped. The same thing happened not that a long time ago. I wouldn't recommend anyone to exchange Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash because its value is far more unstable than Bitcoin's. SegWit has been already introduced, it is a matter of time before Bitcoin Core releases software which will have full support of it. Lightning Network is almost here and I must admit that it works great.
marketcoin2 (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:07:28 PM

Yes, a few posts later.  Lovely.  Do you know the FUD effect your original post may have, when idiots see it?  Whatever your intentions, that was an extraordinary mistake.

For my part, I quoted your correction in my post; thus, it’s clear that I did read the discussion up to that point.  I also provided a link to Satoshi’s discussion of why he didn’t have the bitcoin dot-com domain name, back in March of 2010.  I presume you had not seen that; most people haven’t.  (N.b. that as far as I know, the domain has changed hands since then—and has never been in the hands of any decent Bitcoiner.)  When I wrote my reply, as you must surely understand, I did not write only it to you; I covered the topic adequately for you, and for anybody else who might read through this thread.

But I must here give you a friendly tip:  If you expect for people on Internet forums nowadays to actually read anything before shooting their mouths off, prepare to be disappointed.  I know that I am, seemingly in perpetuity.

Edit:  P.S.:  I suggest that edit your original post to add a note like this one, appending the correction to your original post.  That way, people numbskulls who only read the first post will actually see your self-correction—with more graceful results all around.  I do not recommend editing the substance of your post.  Not only would that be dishonestly rewriting history; but it would also make you look like a fool, since your original post is fully quoted in multiple other posts in the thread for anybody to see.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I added a few lines in the original post!

No, I read your post, and I was not really talking about your post since it was wide. It started with the same wrong assumption but later you made clear your point and added valuable points to the discussion, I am thankful.
mutrang23

Activity: 484
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:38:13 AM

There are many people who can not own bitcoin or bitcoincash because their prices are too high. Because they can not own it, they call it a scam or a bubble when prices start to move fast.
Rothsteina

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:45:33 PM

Hey guys, I am new so be nice  Grin
So yesterday, the co-founder of Bitcoin said that he is selling his BTCs and then maybe moving to bitcoin cash! In less than 24 hours, coinbase add this to its wallet and then price were pumped up by a few small transactions to 8500$!

In a trade world, this is illegal, isn't it?

Shouldn't Bitcoin have some sort of self regulation to prevent people from doing this kinda stuff?

-------------------
EDIT-24/12/2017: Here are a few updates, to prevent people from making wrong assumptions from my original post:

1. I meant co-founder of bitcoin.com, and I made it clear a few post later!

2. bitcoin cash reach to 8500$ even 9000$ for 2 hours, in coinbase.com. The reason was inside trading (google it,plz)

https://news.google.com/news/story/dhnUeN81Wdz8iqMSC9oylCpY84TAM?hl=en

3. The whole topics of this discussion was started about the banaza move that basecoin.com and co-founder of bitcoin.com pull off! This move not only made some people lose their money, but also it caused the price of BTC go down by 30 to 50% over a few days!

bitcoincash is great to try to make peer 2 peer better than normal bitcoin.

I can’t pay a 10$ fee to send 5$ so that I need bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: