Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:51:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is DEAD for small payments, Bitcoin Cash is the FUTURE  (Read 1527 times)
Mantisa83

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:19:59 PM

I think it will dip down to the 13k range starting tomorrow or maybe even this evening before rebound back to the 15k range within a few days thereafter.
Mantisa83

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

My thoughts are that if it was going to rebound strongly, then would't be seeing this sideways activity . Even bears take a break over the Christmas holidays.
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:00:53 PM

ok i'll tell you something about the subject of the post
bitcoin is bad for small payments and bitcoincash is good for small payments right now
but it doesnt mean that bitcoin cash is the future.. it wont be good for small payments also when it grows more

the future of small payments are coins with big supply because then even when the marketcap is big, the coins costs 1-5$ and the fee is not that important..

turneps

Activity: 225

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:14:35 PM

I am also fed up with the situation with bitcoin. My transaction is taking more than 2 weeks. Talking about the speed of transcations of bitcoins makes me sad  Cry

September11

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:02:45 PM

Bitcoin has long stopped to be a coin for payments, it is an asset to be traded. We will have other coins for small payments in future.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:53:33 PM

Was thinking of same the past week when I sent 15 USD bitcoins to an exchange and paid 7 USD for transaction fees. I was awe. who will do that? Does the miners want bitocoins to go out of existence. If we believe bitcoins is the future currency and is to replace banks, then is a wishful thinking?

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:58:27 AM

True that, bitcoin isn't comfortable for small transactions anymore, it's more for investments. But Bitcoin Cash isn't an answer, as I know Cash is centralized and that's break all the point of cryptocurrency. It's no sense in using it, I prefer other coins.
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:01:38 PM

Yes, this is an alarming problem. For small transactions, the transaction fee can exceed the transfer amount. Bitcoin turns into a VIP-coin gradually
ronatrip

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:10:43 PM

Yes, this is an alarming problem. For small transactions, the transaction fee can exceed the transfer amount. Bitcoin turns into a VIP-coin gradually
Now there is strong activity in the market. When it is quieter, the price per transaction will decrease. But you are right in something. If the cost of bitcoin goes further up, then for small transactions it will not be possible
LightNestling

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:57:58 AM

Bitcoin right now is not practical to use in small transactions. It is now used for a long term investment and not suitable for payments on our necessities.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:08:57 AM

I think it will dip down to the 13k range starting tomorrow or maybe even this evening before rebound back to the 15k range within a few days thereafter.

I think it will end up in range of 17k during the new year and falling now is little dangerous because it has already fall few days back only and started to recover from that low. Also now for smaller transaction btc is not at all a viable option left anymore. So switching to any other fork coins or altcoin is the only option left now.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:19:07 AM

Bitcoin right now is not practical to use in small transactions. It is now used for a long term investment and not suitable for payments on our necessities.

I have to thanks to my government then, because they aren't allowed its citizens to use bitcoin as a means of payment, hence we can just save it on our own wallet in the hope to get good profit after some period of time.

shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:21:51 AM

It's been dead for quite a while, bitcoin is only a digital asset in my opinion and there's a lot of other coin that is better as a digital currency. Bitcoin cash is indeed good food small payment and the things left to do is to have more merchant accept it as a payment option. The coin with faster adoption will win the race to become the digital currency.

LightNestling

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:22:11 AM

I have to thanks to my government then, because they aren't allowed its citizens to use bitcoin as a means of payment, hence we can just save it on our own wallet in the hope to get good profit after some period of time.

Yeah, you can put it that way. LOL But I think the government was talking about imposing the tax on cryptocurrency and not only in bitcoin. Nevertheless, bitcoin is just for investment and not suitable for other means.
emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:38:10 AM

We cannot pay our members payouts via Bitcoin anymore, this is completely impossible.
We sent payments ranging $1 - $10 with fees of $2 - $6 already 5 days ago and these payments are unconfirmed.

We are going to change our approach and be among the first businesses that pay in Bitcoin Cash and stop paying in Bitcoin.
It's just impossible to work with Bitcoin anymore.

Are you guys wondering why people move to Bitcoin Cash? It's not only because of speculation, it's because Bitcoin in its current form is a dead zombie walking in Crypto land.

Bitcoin is a nightmare for small payments, but the altcoin of payments like OMG and PAY is much better than BCH, and why BCH?

cenqiaougubz085

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:39:58 AM

I like bitcoin cash better than bitcoin, and i have bought large amount of bcc at a very low price, so it has brought much profit for me.
LightNestling

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:51:42 AM

We cannot pay our members payouts via Bitcoin anymore, this is completely impossible.
We sent payments ranging $1 - $10 with fees of $2 - $6 already 5 days ago and these payments are unconfirmed.

We are going to change our approach and be among the first businesses that pay in Bitcoin Cash and stop paying in Bitcoin.
It's just impossible to work with Bitcoin anymore.

Are you guys wondering why people move to Bitcoin Cash? It's not only because of speculation, it's because Bitcoin in its current form is a dead zombie walking in Crypto land.

Bitcoin is a nightmare for small payments, but the altcoin of payments like OMG and PAY is much better than BCH, and why BCH?

Yeah why BCH? Bitcoin cash is just another coin on the market. It claims as the hardfork of BTC but I still think its just another altcoins.
brokkoly

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:58:09 PM

I think it's too early to judge the fate of bitcoin because of it high cost of transactions. After the New Year there will be a lull and the price should be adjusted
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

I still don't get the attraction of bitcoin cash. Not trolling, I genuinely don't get it.
I understand the fact that bitcoin is no longer useable for its original purpose - it has become a store of value, like gold as is often said, or like fine art, valued for its scarcity and with no inherent utility.
And I understand that bitcoin cash is a cheaper and faster alternative - but the thing is, it's not the cheapest and fastest thing out there, it's nothing next to - one example - XRP.
jaka331

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:25:10 PM

IMO there are many better cryptos than bch for small payments. We just need adoption.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: