Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin founder Charlie Lee has sold all of his LTC  (Read 123 times)
criptogenious (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 04:04:01 PM

harlie Lee, the former director of engineering at Coinbase, is selling almost all of his holdings in Litecoin (LTC), the cryptocurrency that he founded in 2011. Lee explained in a post on Reddit that he is selling all of his LTC coins — bar a number of physical coins he keeps as collectibles — to avoid the conflict of interest that comes with his influence and position as LTC founder.

Source: techcrunch.com
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:35:33 PM

this has been mentioned already 2 x here

he probably  sold them to his brother so he can say what he wants and do what he wants and not be accused of insider trading or pumping and dumping.

smart move on his part

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:43:53 PM

Who gonna believe in this? Certainly litecoin supporters will never believe this and they will not dump their holding  for  sure. He might want to fuel a hype over litecoin by claiming that as founder he don't have any coin left and all coins that is in circulation where only the one which were distributed fairly.

Grin Grin

Litecoin going to $1k with just hype? Looks possible.... Wink

joshmontford

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:53:22 PM

I completely support his decision. this way whatever he does or says is completely independent of litecoin and since it brings him no profit, it's better for the future of litecoin Smiley

pushkarmore

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

harlie Lee, the former director of engineering at Coinbase, is selling almost all of his holdings in Litecoin (LTC), the cryptocurrency that he founded in 2011. Lee explained in a post on Reddit that he is selling all of his LTC coins — bar a number of physical coins he keeps as collectibles — to avoid the conflict of interest that comes with his influence and position as LTC founder.

Source: techcrunch.com

Selling from charlie lee is really a big point to note down, as he is the founder of litecoin. There must be strong reason behind this and i think there is some big Manipulation going behind these things and i am thinking to buy and hold for few weeks as the trend is still going good and it can be used as good investment opportunity for us.
Nathan Graves

Activity: 30
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:51:44 PM

Well, I had to check by myself, but that's true. The reasons he exposed are nothing selfish or greedy, but I don't think it's enough to sell almost all of his coins. I mean, satoshi did not sold his to prevent conflict of interests or excessive influence, and it does not harm Bitcoin.
Anyway, he can do whatever he wants with his coins.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: