Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL is Assembling 400 (not 300) Units a Day!  (Read 9565 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:12:12 AM

This thread is not FUD, but facts straight from Josh's "Honest Abe" lips.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html#post43041

22 June 2013 - ASIC Update

We have been working our way through the backlog of orders over the past month. Production is slowly ramping up and we are easily able to manufacture 200 units a day currently - there will be no problem hitting 400 units a day once things are in full production. Right now, we are stymied by the inflow of chips. However, the inflow rate of chips is increasing and we expect it to be quite high within the next week or two. It's been a long road to smoothing out these bottlenecks here and there.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3675-refund-policy.html#post45455

All sales are final at this point. We are in full production, thus your orders are final.

If you've filed a complaint with the FTC, then there's nothing I can do, you'll have to follow up with the FTC from here on out, as no one here can assist you with that. Please be sure to direct all correspondence to them in the future going forward.

On June 22, 2013, Josh stated that there will be no problem hitting 400 units a day once things are in full production. On July 4th, 2013, Josh tells his customer base on the official BFL forum that they are in full production, hence no more refunds.

Ergo, BFL is assembling 400 units a day, readied for shipment the following day. Today is July 24, 2013, thus a total of 20 days of full production equates to 8,000 (I even doubled checked my mathz) of unknown hashrate has been assembled and shipped. For added proof, please click the following link showing thousands of bitcoiners expressing their thanks to BFL for finally receiving their miners:

The only holdup was the inflow of chips. No mention of other parts such as power supplies, for if there was indeed a shortfall, Josh would not only have mentioned it, but would have prepared for it by making sure all parts are in the warehouse like any COO worth their salt would do. Fortunately, there's a large shipment of power supplies at Sonny's Walnut St. address to save space in their warehouse.

I dearly hope that BFL and Josh accepts my humble apology for any angrish I may have bestowed upon them. I erroneously felt that by keeping the heat on them, coupled with looking out for my fellow bitcoiners, was a prudent thing to do.

Now that we have undeniable proof that indeed 400 units are being assembled and shipped daily from the BF Labs Inc. facility, it's just of matter of less than 90 days now, per Josh, that everybody who has pre-ordered an ASIC-based bitcoin miner from Butterfly Labs will soon have their devices up and running, shortly showing an ROI on their initial investment.

Therefore, there's no longer a need for anybody to request a refund from BFL, for your unit will soon be assembled and shipped to you before Thanksgiving, according to Josh. We can all safely assume that since BFL has proven themselves to be a viable Bitcoin entity, they probably have a myriad of products (yet to be revealed to us due to protecting copyrights, etc.) on the drawing board that will no doubt further protect the network, with profits taking a backseat as Josh once said during the London conference at a Bitcoin meetup at a restaurant.

Sonny Vleisides' probation will be up on September 15, 2015, thus emabling him to freely travel the country, allowing him to personally showcase any new product line, thus freeing up Josh to perform his COO duties to an even higher standard.

Currently, BFL has only 35 employees, but mark my words, this viable company is going places, and I wouldn't be surprised to see upwards of a 100 employees this time next year. I only wish I had a crystal ball to see exactly what products BFL does have up their sleeve for The Third Hoorah.

In closing, I only have one simple question directed toward BFL or Josh. Apologies if it's been asked prior, for I didn't take time to search this forum.

What's the current status of the FCC certification that Josh mentioned last November, 2012?

God's speed!

~Bruno Kucinskas (barn wood thief at large)~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:23:20 AM

Congrats, hopefully there are less BFL (with expletives) threads started by frustrated members.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:40:41 AM

Congrats, hopefully there are less BFL (with expletives) threads started by frustrated members.

Heard dat! You're goin' love my play-nice mode.  Grin
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:46:53 AM

There have been some logistic problems with shipping. In the photo below, a shipment of Mini Rigs was delayed.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:50:21 AM

There have been some logistic problems with shipping. In the photo below, a shipment of Mini Rigs was delayed.

Lolz...minirigs being shipped by a donkey ...AWESOME !!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 06:02:01 AM

You do realize that that's Nasser in the lower right hand corner, don't you, miscalculating the tipping point by loading 51% of the miners to the back of the cart? Also, that's an old image, explaining how Luke's Unit got damage during shipping.
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:33:19 AM

However, the inflow rate of chips is increasing and we expect it to be quite high within the next week or two

two weeks™

jhansen858

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:40:03 AM

too bad your entire post is pure sarcasm.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 07:03:59 AM

You do realize that that's Nasser in the lower right hand corner, don't you, miscalculating the tipping point by loading 51% of the miners to the back of the cart? Also, that's an old image, explaining how Luke's Unit got damage during shipping.

you guys crack me up on a sleepy afternoon.
 Grin

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:10:57 AM

I LOVE these updates PG  Cheesy

It's great to hear BFL is FINALLY getting up to speed,I may have to order more from BFL to keep the donkeys busy  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:28:44 AM

Funny he mentions FTC.... think the FTC is getting on his nerves?
GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:29:41 PM

*Reads thread title* *nearly face palms* *thinking good god another genius drinking the kool-aid* *sees thread starter* *oh this should be interesting..*

Kudos.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:37:31 PM

ROI?
What was the price (in BTC) of Single (60GH)? In first days of pre orders?

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:50:28 PM

Last update from Jody:

BFL_Jody

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 Shipping Update

by BFL_Jody  , 07-24-2013 at 08:05 PM (2179 Views)

Jalapenos through November 8, 2012.

Little Singles: None shipped today. Stopped on June 25, 2012 orders.

Singles: June 23, 2012

MiniRigs June 23, 2012

I'm not going to comment on when I think we will have everything shipped, because I don't know. I am trying to stick to the facts here and not add anything to that. Thank you to the many who write to encourage us. You know who you are. Can't think of anything else to write today.

Wow! 400 units and none of them Jalapenos.

According to Josh, all units on backorder will be shipped before Thanksgiving.

Thank you, BFL, for playing your part in protecting the network and providing such a viable service and products. At the current rate, I see no problem with such not getting accomplished, for simple mathz dictates Josh is correct in his assessment.

BFL is on record in stating that all is well since going into full production and that they foresee no unforeseen problems in keeping up with their current pace.

I sure would hate to be a KC postal worker working the part of town that BFL is located. Them must be some very pissed-off workers.

One simple question: How come Sonny K. no longer posts here or on BFL's official forum, or sends out emails anymore? (apologies if the question is a tad complex) That dude was the bee's knees when he was around.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:49:09 PM

Was it Thanksgiving? I thought it was Christmas?!?!

Maybe New Years Day?

All back orders shipped by Presidents Day or Bust!
Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:57:33 PM

Maybe New Years Day?

Yeah, but we didnt say what year!  Smiley

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 06:31:25 PM

Maybe New Years Day?

Yeah, but we didnt say what year!  Smiley

Semantics aside, Josh implied Thanksgiving of this year, 2013. I, too, once thought he was a liar until he posted my home address from a private PM I sent him I took an arrow to the knee.

It still amazes me to see all the positive feedback given on the following thread (linked) by those who've recently received one of them 8,000+ units assembled and shipped out over the course of the past three weeks:

It pleases me to no end to no longer have a nemesis to play with.

God's speed, BFL.

~Bruno Kučinskas~
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:51:14 PM

wait wait this comming from the guy who would nitpick random facts about KNCMiner, comming up with the most absurd theories, and goes on to say BFL is assembling 400 units/day because well you know JOSH said so. Have you lost your mind, or your account hacked?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:13:43 PM

wait wait this comming from the guy who would nitpick random facts about KNCMiner, comming up with the most absurd theories, and goes on to say BFL is assembling 400 units/day because well you know JOSH said so. Have you lost your mind, or your account hacked?

Roll Eyes  sarcasm is turned on high bro   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Youngbill

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:39:23 PM

I think JOSH hacked his account......... Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: