Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL is Assembling 400 (not 300) Units a Day!  (Read 9571 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 09:50:35 PM

wait wait this comming from the guy who would nitpick random facts about KNCMiner, comming up with the most absurd theories, and goes on to say BFL is assembling 400 units/day because well you know JOSH said so. Have you lost your mind, or your account hacked?

Roll Eyes  sarcasm is turned on high bro   Cheesy

...and so is the treble. How do you guys like the pitch so far?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:03:30 PM

wait wait this comming from the guy who would nitpick random facts about KNCMiner, comming up with the most absurd theories, and goes on to say BFL is assembling 400 units/day because well you know JOSH said so. Have you lost your mind, or your account hacked?

Need more bass dude  Cheesy

Gotta pound it in to their peasized brains  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 10:09:46 PM

Need more bass dude  Cheesy

Gotta pound it in to their peasized brains  Grin

That's the Trouble with Treble, you always need a bass:

mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:11:04 PM

Dude, you can't count weekends! I'm sure they don't work on Saturday and Sunday.

So since July 24, there have only been 15 BUSINESS days, that's only 6,000 units shipped!

That's a difference of 2,000!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 10:40:16 PM

Dude, you can't count weekends! I'm sure they don't work on Saturday and Sunday.

So since July 24, there have only been 15 BUSINESS days, that's only 6,000 units shipped!

That's a difference of 2,000!

Josh said they are working weekends. Others will be here to confirm that statement.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:44:22 AM

Wow, that's amazing! I can't wait for the hundreds of miners I ordered to arrive. BFL is flying high!

P.S. What are you smoking, and can I have some?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:01:01 AM

Wow, that's amazing! I can't wait for the hundreds of miners I ordered to arrive. BFL is flying high!

P.S. What are you smoking, and can I have some?

It's called "reverse psychology",ain't workin is it  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
JohnyBigs

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:16:36 AM

I think it was turned on high w/ bass boost, equalizer settings all the way up, and it blew out the speakers.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:13:33 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2013, 04:31:26 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Roll Eyes  sarcasm is turned on high bro   Cheesy

I think it was turned on high w/ bass boost, equalizer settings all the way up, and it blew out the speakers.

You laugh now, but just wait and see what BFL has in store come Q4/13. We may all had a good laugh at BFL and Josh's expense, but look who's laughin' now--them!

Ain't it amazin' how they slipped that full-production right beneath our eyes? Nobody saw it coming.

Well-played BFL! Well-played!

~Bruno Kučinskas~

PS: For those keeping score at home, the following is the number of units assembled and shipped since July 4, 2013, and yes they did work on a holiday.

July 4, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 5, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 6, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 7, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 8, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 9, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 10, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 11, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 12, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 13, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 14, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 15, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 16, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 17, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 18, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 19, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 20, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 21, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 22, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 23, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 24, 2013  ~  400 Units
July 25, 2013  ~  400 Units  (to be shipped tomorrow morning)

You guys don't know how it feels to be no longer considered a liar by Josh, for if there was anything in this thread that was a lie, he would sure be here to stick it up my ass. I'm glad those days over, although I sometimes miss the banter with that little prick (insert smiley here).

In closing, one simple question: During your first meeting, Josh, with the person everybody here, including yourself, knew as Sonny K., did you happen to recall his last name? Apologies for being a little pest on this, but that simple questions has been asked of you from day one following your first encounter with Sonny K. We all understand how sometimes questions get passed up accidently (busy schedule and all) and pretty sure that that was the case with this simple question not yet being addressed. But now that full production is in full swing, the pressure's probably off, allowing you to supply the simple answer.

I'm sure you know how monumental assholes could be sometimes. Been there, seen that!
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 05:55:30 AM

quote:

"Jody, would it be possible to give the overall percentage of preorders shipped thus far, broken down by category? Giving us the same pay date shipping for 30 days in a row is very discouraging. Even if that answer is 1% I would be happier to hear that then the same pay date information that we are getting now which is June 23rd every day for a month. It makes me want to punch a baby every time I see that same date over and over.

I spent over 30k which is the price of a new truck and cant even figure out any time frame of when I can reasonable expect delivery. I'm not going to cry if that date is 2 years in the future, but right now, I have nothing. That isn't really fair to your customers who loyally support you day in and day out. Please, can we get some overall percentages? For the love of god and everything that is holy I implore you."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/255-thursday-july-25-2013-shipping-update-page2.html#comment5812

64 Days on June 23rd orders.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 06:18:51 AM

Look at all the white-knighting on Jody's shipping blog.  Lonely nerds will white knight anything with a vagina, even on the internet.

I can't tell which posts are from BFL employees and which are from pathetic white knights

Part of the reason BFL sucks so much cock is they they even bothered to hire women.

Dude, you'll be white-knighting also if you just concede to the fact, like I have, that 400 units a day shipped for the past 21 days is a major accomplishment given all the shortfalls BFL encountered.

And don't forget to ask simple questions at your end of your post so that Josh can address them as he has so promised, similar to what SftSpike asked on BFL's forum back in January of this year: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/690-13-jan-2013-asic-update-discussion-thread-41.html#post12289

Josh, can you comment on the FCC certification process? Has BFL already acquired the necessary certification? If so, how was that accomplished without working chips on hand?

More curious than anything - if you can't answer these questions yet, that is fine.

10 pages later Josh never got around to addressing the question, probably because of CES, of which is more than understandable. But that was then, and this is now--full-production-city. Josh has plenty of time on his hand now to address a myriad of simple questions.

To prove what I've stated above is true, I will ask a very, very, very simple question for all to see how Josh replies.

Josh, where is the data center you own located?
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 01:01:20 PM

Josh the bfl minister of misinformation. Skilled in providing just the right kind of BS to increase pre-order volume and hold back refund requests. Also very talented at not providing any shred of truth or honesty.

scambutterflylabs

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 09:42:58 PM

quote:

"“Now on to shipping. In the ~8 hours I was there I saw 2 people box up and ship out 2 large shipments with well over 100 orders… Notice orders, not Jalapenos, some of those orders had up to 4 Jally’s each in them, and one of the 2 people who were working in the shipping dept was only on her second day working with BFL. Shipping by no means will be a bottleneck, they can box up thousands of orders a day with 6-10 people working a good day I would assume. I saw how MiniRigs are going to be boxed up. They have a machine which basically makes a hard foam pillow of which 4 will be placed surrounding a MR. This foam appeared to be able to form fit once put in place and it hardens. Once everything is boxed up and they have a full rack they can have USPS come pick up a load of boxes and continue packaging more.” – “Sonny and Josh both confirmed that within ~7 days after giving the order to go full steam ahead to the assembly plant they can receive thousands of units. So it is just a matter of time before we all have nice presents on our door steps. I see no problems with their entire process.”"

http://www.coindesk.com/butterfly-labs-ship-first-bitforce-sc-60-bitcoin-miner/

quote:
"Even then, a traditional datacenter rack can only handle 20,000 watts of power at a time. According to the Butterfly Labs official FAQ, a Mini Rig consumes 2,500 to 2,700 watts of power at any given time. Right now, that datacenter rack comprising of today’s average servers would only be able to handle about six Mini Rigs."

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-asic-bitcoin-mining-arms-race/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 10:12:05 PM

Notice orders, not Jalapenos, some of those orders had up to 4 Jally’s each in them

I'm glad LabRat made it clear with the above. I understand fully now.

Lab_Rat reports that the ASIC chips used in the Bitforce SC 60 devices are not binned. Binning is the process of classifying chips according to their quality. In his visit he saw “8-10″ units being tested, of which only one dropped slightly below the 60 GH/s threshold to 58 GH/s.

This was not one of them 5-10 minute tours. This took time and valuable resources. resources better spent by allowing customers to come by if they wish to pick up their unit from BFL in which they were so kind in forwarding funds to help them develop their product line.

During the same timeframe, BFL was snapping pics for an eBay listing of a unit that was heading to a data center, but once sold it would be returned to the BFL's facility to be picked up by the lucky eBayer who purchased it.

"Even then, a traditional datacenter rack can only handle 20,000 watts of power at a time. According to the Butterfly Labs official FAQ, a Mini Rig consumes 2,500 to 2,700 watts of power at any given time. Right now, that datacenter rack comprising of today’s average servers would only be able to handle about six Mini Rigs."

At one time, Josh stated that he was in the process of procuring more floor space at his yet to be named data center.

Joe has the whole top floor of the Oak Tower. I'm sure he'll have no problem obtaining another floor.

Rumor has it that the backup plan is to host all miners at the following address: 1550 Oxen Lane NE, Burlington, KS, where enough power is not an issue.

Simple question time: Josh, how many legs does each work bence have in BFL's assembling room?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 10:18:19 PM

One of the servers lost power, it should be back up now.  It's a chronic problem - I will be moving that server to a new datacenter ASAP.  

Grrr

Not a very simple question, for it involves numbers, but...: How many data centers do you have, Josh?

That is one of the datacenters I am hosting rigs locally in.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 10:33:40 PM

quote:

"“Now on to shipping. In the ~8 hours I was there I saw 2 people box up and ship out 2 large shipments with well over 100 orders… Notice orders, not Jalapenos, some of those orders had up to 4 Jally’s each in them, and one of the 2 people who were working in the shipping dept was only on her second day working with BFL. Shipping by no means will be a bottleneck, they can box up thousands of orders a day with 6-10 people working a good day I would assume. I saw how MiniRigs are going to be boxed up. They have a machine which basically makes a hard foam pillow of which 4 will be placed surrounding a MR. This foam appeared to be able to form fit once put in place and it hardens. Once everything is boxed up and they have a full rack they can have USPS come pick up a load of boxes and continue packaging more.” – “Sonny and Josh both confirmed that within ~7 days after giving the order to go full steam ahead to the assembly plant they can receive thousands of units. So it is just a matter of time before we all have nice presents on our door steps. I see no problems with their entire process.”"

http://www.coindesk.com/butterfly-labs-ship-first-bitforce-sc-60-bitcoin-miner/

quote:

http://www.coindesk.com/inside-butterfly-labs-the-asic-bitcoin-mining-arms-race/

Josh has the solution to host them miners:

I have to agree... as someone considering buying 2 RigBoxs and with 40 BFL Singles on order, it's not like I wouldn't drop the cash for something viable... but this is completely off the scale for payback and I wouldn't even consider purchasing one of these at the current $/MH.  This thing is worth no more than $10,000, if that... especially considering that the time frame for delivery is July, as assuming no schedule slips.

You'll never make you $30k investment back from one of these things.  Either ASIC takes off and difficulty rises and you're screwed, or difficulty remains the same and block reward halves... you might see a 1/3 bump in value, so your payback stretchs into years.  Naw... you'd be crazy to purchase one of these at that price.

RJK: You're datacenter can't handle a power request like that?  Ask them about private suites, they can usually handle larger power requests, at least the ones I use.  400 amps for a suite is not uncommon.  If you are willing to suck it up on the open floor, you can get 220v drops and pull down 200 amps fairly easily as well.  Did the specs on this thing say it was 220v or 120v?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 09:18:09 PM

Update: Since July 4, 2013, 24 assembling days have passed, thus 9,600 Bitcoin miners build by BF Labs Inc. is, or will soon be, in the wild.

According to Josh's own figures, and they must be correct because he's the COO of Butterfly Labs, only ~60 more days remain before all backordered pre-orders are in the hands of monumental assholes, all competing with one another to see who'll get an ROI first.
scambutterflylabs

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:42:12 AM

quote:

"Yep, it's time for a refund... this delay is intentional
If there was a thread of honesty they would step up and reveal why the output is way lower than they projected (please don't insult our intelligence with you can't get PSUs)."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/256-friday-july-26-2013-shipping-update-page3.html#comments

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 05:10:29 AM

quote:

"Yep, it's time for a refund... this delay is intentional
If there was a thread of honesty they would step up and reveal why the output is way lower than they projected (please don't insult our intelligence with you can't get PSUs)."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/256-friday-july-26-2013-shipping-update-page3.html#comments

Just visited BFL's lovely forum again and realized something: Josh has posted more in the land of monumental assholes than he had addressing the very people that have provided him and Sonny et al. a very comfortable living on the very forum he built and maintains.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:55:35 AM

Update: Since July 4, 2013, 24 assembling days have passed, thus 9,600 Bitcoin miners build by BF Labs Inc. is, or will soon be, in the wild.

According to Josh's own figures, and they must be correct because he's the COO of Butterfly Labs, only ~60 more days remain before all backordered pre-orders are in the hands of monumental assholes, all competing with one another to see who'll get an ROI first.
It's a massively cruel reality.

Those at the end and middle of the queue get massively screwed.

Those at the beginning (as long as they probably get it by september) will probably only just get by without much profit for the next year.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: