Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2X hard fork again?  (Read 182 times)
gentid (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:12:18 PM

Is this true?
http://b2x-segwit.io/?utm_source=criptotendencia
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/ultimate-comeback-bitcoins-segwit2x-fork-scheduled-december-%E2%80%8E%E2%80%8E28/
vibingpositively

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:13:18 PM

Yes it is true unfortunately. The fork will happen on either Dec 28 or 29 I believe which doesn't give much time to make much moves. Just hodl and collect Smiley

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:46:14 PM

I also got the very same news today that the fork is once again scheduled to happen at a newly decided block height however still no major core miner seems to be interested in the endeavor.
Yes it is true unfortunately. The fork will happen on either Dec 28 or 29 I believe which doesn't give much time to make much moves. Just hodl and collect Smiley
Why is it unfortunate? I think its a fork with some great potential aiming at reducing the scaling problems laid down by the bitcoin and its hefty transaction fees. It could be a good way out until we come up with the lightning network.
This Segwit2X has the same characteristics as hard fork of November?
Yes, It has just been delayed not been changed in any form.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:09:10 PM

Approximate date of the fork 28.12.2017
Emission 21 mln
So initial emission will be 21 million which is not equal to total number of bitcoins that exist right now.

All BTC holders will receive not only B2X in the 1 to 1 ratio but also a proportionate number of "bitcoins of Satoshi Nakamoto", as a reward for the progress commitment.
You will get more than just 1:1

B2X is already trading at 0.07BTC in yobit which is quite insane if we look closely we can see its total supply will be 210 billion (https://digitalcoinprice.com/segwit2x) rather than just 21 million.  Grin

sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:12:50 PM

Is it the same team behind the fork (I mean the one that postponed last time)?
I believe they are a bunch of nice people and segwit2x is necessary for bitcoin but not in this way dividing the community and the blockchain.

Jemzx00

Activity: 1470
Merit: 546

Be nice!

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:19:17 PM

I never expect that they would still push this through. Bitcoin is really becoming unusable today because of the increasing number of transactions that slows the network. I just hope that they just don't make these coins for profit but for the reason that many people are burdened by the slow transaction confirmation and high fees in the bitcoin network.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:52:41 PM

I was really excited for segwit2x but it got postponed, i don't know why!!!
I don't know whether they are able to create that excitement aura again or not. Segwit2x just like other hard forks will get distributed on 1:1 ratio.....lets see how investors react to this news again.
PROdotBITCOIN

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:55:34 PM

I hope that this news will not affect the price of bitcoin. But probably it can make bitcoin faster, and commission for transactions is less. Bitcoin has long been needed to improve

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:04:53 PM

I still can't believe your quoting this garbage that people are promoting to get rich quick. The reason this shit failed is because there is some decency left in crypto, not everyone is a money hungry motherfucker.

By quoting this shit, you are actually now a promoter of this next fork and cash out clone.

Don't be a sheep.
Hityor_Petar

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:07:35 PM

So little information about this hard fork. And so little noise and excitement! It looks a bit suspicious and alarming

Knight_miner

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:09:55 PM

Yes, it's true. You also can learn more in the official thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2595620
FrenchinHK

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:11:40 PM

True and its gonna be fun
kalodu

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:14:03 PM

Why is it unfortunate? I think its a fork with some great potential aiming at reducing the scaling problems laid down by the bitcoin and its hefty transaction fees. It could be a good way out until we come up with the lightning network.

I agree fully, segwit on its own didn't really help a lot and we really need at least a 2mb block until other scaling solutions can be developed. I'm not a proponent of bigger blocks but it is necessary to keep bitcoin alive until alternative solutions such as lightning network come online.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:44:34 PM

I also got the very same news today that the fork is once again scheduled to happen at a newly decided block height however still no major core miner seems to be interested in the endeavor.
Do you think that some important miner will support this Segwit2X?

That is the big question now, who are the miners backing this up and also do they have exchange support, these forks are getting annoying and it is just like people are creating money from a tiny air
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: