Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most ICOs are scams these days. How do you find a good project??  (Read 202 times)
chathu21 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:42:38 PM

Most ICOs are scams these days. How do you distinguish a promising project from a scam? Also, what should you expect once you send ETH/BTC? Do you get tokens right away? Huh Huh
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

You should look into aspects like team, community, and their white paper or product. Only if they are complete in these 3 areas should you proceed and even then cautiously. Depends on the sale all terms are different.

CryptoMadMax

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:01:23 PM

Just in case, nothing to add.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 09:44:49 PM

I have hadnmo problem finding good quality ICOS to invest in. I look for a number of pointers when I am doing due diligence for ICO investing. Firstly, I look at the road map and check to see if the project is actually viable. Secondly I check out the Team and see if it is made up of high caliber and experienced personalities. I then look at capitalization and expenses and lastly I check out to see what is in it for the investors and what can we benefit from this project by investing in it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:48:12 PM

you carefully check the ICO concept how real it  is,you can do this through there white paper,check the team involved and method in which they intend protected or preventing  coin from dumping all these can guide you.
aloha99

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:54:11 PM

It was a long time when I decided to never participate in ICO in the rest of my life. Most of them are asking you to give them money instead of being a nice opportunity to earn money. I think that strong whitepaper, nice website and active community can determine such profitable projects.
Mary_Swift

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:53:32 PM

In fact, it is a very difficult task to choose ICO for investment. I prefer the popular ICOs which have many good reviews. I also pay attention to the thoughts of economists. In addition, I always read White Paper in order to make sure the legality and reliability of the cryptocurrency.
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:58:01 PM

The only projects that are not a 100% scam are those who have a high level of transparency, and there aren't many of those projects nowadays.

Most ICOs are scams these days. How do you distinguish a promising project from a scam?

I have been investing a lot in ICO's, the last one in where i invested a lot of money was in Envion, i really trust in that project.

Also, what should you expect once you send ETH/BTC? Do you get tokens right away? Huh Huh

Tokens are always distributed once that you send the desired amount of ethereum to their contract adress. It is an automatic process on a transaction basis.

But there are some ico's that are usually sending the tokens once that the ico is over, but personally i dont like those kind of projects.
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:00:04 PM

Most ICOs are scams these days. How do you distinguish a promising project from a scam? Also, what should you expect once you send ETH/BTC? Do you get tokens right away? Huh Huh

Each ICO is different, some of them give tokens straight away, others have a fixed date and sometimes they are locked until a certain date.

SeveralQ

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:07:16 AM

I like to look at the team first. Thats usually my main advice. make sure they are also working fulltime on the project and have it linked in on their pages. Sometimes I like to run their whitepapers through a plagiarism detector. You would be surprised at the things I find with that.

(SELF PLUG INCOMING)

at https://concourseq.io/, all of our ICO research and reviewing is community sourced. This means that there is a community opinion on each one of our completed reviews. A great way to get involved in developing  your due diligence and getting investment advice is to check out our discord group: https://discord.gg/j8RBAwB
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:32:18 AM

forget new icos

find real projects that already exist and are grossly under valued.

drunkbillmurray

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:33:39 AM

Common sense most likely. If they promise something you believe cannot be accomplished then don't invest there. Also the team, most serious projects will have stablished leaders with public profiles ready to be seen on LinkedIn or similar. You just have to keep your eyes open.
Eddyc

Activity: 1015
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:08:30 AM

I seek the level of the team, integrity, the willpower to publicize your project, study the script and the benefit of the currency, I try to observe, way of disclosure, when there are many suspicious promises, we should be wary.

Note* I write about projects that can do something for society. Now whether this will happen depends not on me, but on the project team. I'm just a writer... DYOR
ListICO

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:14:56 AM

I would suggest to use www.listico.io Upcoming ICO listing website.

You can find:
- Upcoming ICO list
- Ongoing ICO list
Complete ICO list with YouTube Reviews
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:24:25 AM

Expertise plays a crucial factor in finding if the ico is indeed legit, check out the team composition, see if they are real people and experts in their fields, chat boards also plays major role if you cannot talk to this people and they cannot answer your queries then you are free to leave their channel

Snorren

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:53:31 AM

Buying at ICO:
  • 50% chance price drops after a week.
  • High scam risk
  • Best "moon shot"
  • Possible long payoff period, a couple of months of developing is needed.

Buying 2-5 months after ICO, low cap tokens :
  • Easy to see what's scam and what's not
  • Price has stabilized
  • Esier to see how the team as performing compared to white paper
  • Less moonshot, but still good at <50 mill caps
  • Shorter payoff period, you can buy when they're closer to launch date

1/20 buys I do is ICO. Better to try to find already functioning project instead.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:07:12 AM

There are two ways of knowing which ICO is good. First is by checking who manages it. There are certain campaign managers that are known for successful projects. Next is by reading their whitepaper.

seanavery11

Activity: 280

-----

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:07:37 AM

If you have a friend who are into this industry better ask them so that you will know more and you will not be scammed, have a cooperation with your friends but the best way is to real all kinds of stuffs and info in this site so that you will not be scammed

---
X2PR8888

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:11:16 PM

Most of the popular and successful altcoins we have now once started as ICOs and because of this, it's unfair to credit most ICOs as scam right away because 1, it is just starting and building up its potential and value by attracting the right amount of investors and making sure that their product is as good as they are claiming it to be; leap of faith in other words. Another reason is and I agree with what has been mentioned here, it does not necessarily follow that if an ICO failed, it was a scam to begin with. I think ICOs, as long as it is based on the pillars of a good team and community where it is being offered, will prove to be successful. It may be a slow start for some but surely, it will take off in time too like the successful coins we have now.

⊗ eBit Payment ⊗
24 NOVEMBER 2017 TOKEN SALE

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2440198.0
EvaGC

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:21:59 PM

I recommend you read this article, it really explains everything about investing:

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/2017/12/the-6-golden-rules-for-investing-in-cryptocurrency/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: