Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:09:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC Nvidia Mining OS FORK v PXA-1.9.6.1 ( UPDATED 1.10.2018 )  (Read 3717 times)
poisonxa (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:31:08 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 05:40:19 AM by poisonxa

nvOC by PoisonXA
A fork of fullzero’s nvOC
Current Version 1.9.6.1 Latest Update Went Live 1.10.2018
##Updated Often|You can auto update to 1.9.6 from version 1.9.4 or higher by setting auto update to STABLE
##Beta Update Availabe|You can auto update to 1.9.6.1 from version 1.9.6 by setting auto update to BETA
##Discord Link: https://discord.gg/jE6XEde
For the latest patch notes go to: https://pastebin.com/VswytHD0
Thank You for your Original Contributions: fullzero, papampi , kk003, damNmad and leenoox
Thank You for your Current Contributions: meligo, Moi162001, Nesci, Byzan, Moosegg, ZenMagic, yingstyle and decay.
Thank You for your QA services: moofone "Without you this would be harder than expected"

Our developer doesn’t ask for a donation, but he provides the ability to donate less than 1% of your mining endeavors on rigs running on nvOC to help support the project. This donation is optional and if you select “NO”, then nothing will be taken. But, remember, he has a family to feed too (including a young baby)!

nvOC is a fork of the original fullzero nvOC mining operating system. Currently, the underlying operating system is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. But, we are considering changing that for a more lightweight platform.

As of right now, nvOC supports telegram, SSH, and Teamviewer, all out of the box. Of course, you need to know your way around command line for SSH, but otherwise, the software is designed to be robust.

You can find our latest downloads in the #downloads channel of our Discord, where there are frequently posted updates for the software and bug fixes, also where the developer and his dinosaurs provides software support for free.

nvOC is fully supported from a USB boot drive and requires nothing fancy in terms of I/O usage or the like. In fact, we recommend you use USBs over a mechanical or SSD drive.

To use the software it is simple, download it from the #downloads channel in our Discord, unzip it, run the etcher software, select your USB drive, and Etch. No complicated editing of grub menus or frustrating linux quarks. Once etched, go ahead and boot up the USB and let the software check for any minor updates, the software will usually reboot after the update.

Everything you need is literally located in the $Home directory of the Ubuntu Install. In most cases, all you need to do is edit the 1Bash with your mining details and confirm which built in mining software you wish to you, and off you are.

Literally, you’re done for a basic 1-coin configuration. Save the bash, and click on the terminal icon. That easy.

Features Set :

• Auto-overclocking technology: System will detect which manufacture makes your card, and apply overclocks to the card to maximize your performance on the fly.

Dual Windows for added system visability: See errors and an extensive log to make sure everything is optimal.

Watchdog: System will watch for system instability and take the appropriate action, either by restarting the system, the miner, or even each individual GPU that fails.

Individual overclocking parameters: You can set individual overclocks per card that you wish nvOC to maintain.

Quake and Terminal commands: Troubleshooting and managing your miners have never been easier.

Set Power limits, Fan Speeds, and Temperature Controls: all within the confinement of $HOME.

Built-in Profitability Detection System: Do you like to mine multiple coins, but don’t like checking whattomine every second of the day? Well, nvOC will check the site for you and apply the set conditions that you want. This work was originally created by Papami, enhanced by PoisonXA

Algos Everywhere!!!: nvOC supports more algorithms than you thought ever existed. Head over to our pastebin for specific patch note details.

Support Every Day: PoisonXA and his dinosaurs are on Discord to help solve your problems. If we can’t talk you through it, we can remote into your machine, once you enable TeamViewer and solve most problems within minutes.

The future and what it entails for PXA nvOC:
In the future I plan to make this OS as simple as possible. Future updates will allow users to control the system using a simple WEB user interface. You will be able to simply edit your address and pool and press start mining. The OS its self will automate setup and adjust all setting to work optimally with your components. You will have simple choices like, Optimal or Power Saving modes.

My Pledge to PXA's nvOC User Base:
I will never charge you for the program or services and will only work on an optional donation system. You can donate directly or donate hash power. Also, I will provide support via the Discord channel and continue improving nvOC based on the feedback of the community.  If I am unable to maintain this commitment, I will notify the community and provide  key members with any assistance they need to take over in my absence. nvOC is currently my primary focus as it helps me manage my own systems and provide for my family.

Current Change Logs

Code:
Update 1.9.6.1 BETA (BRAND NEW) 1/10/2018
- Fixed Upgrade Bug that crashed multiple systems
- Fixed WTM ZZ issue
- Added a floating coin to wtm for less usb io and to sync all other controllers
- Redid fail safes to watchdog and temp control / overclocker
- Fixed pl issue now it gets set prior to miner start
- FIixed other small bugs and did performance tweaks to ai for faster response to temp/autooc

Update 1.9.6 (BRAND NEW) 1/6/2018
fixed more bugs plaguing the 1.9 update and all updates until this one
Updated Watchdog
- added more checksum and delays that include but not limited too
- will now count per percentage of cards with no util and not each card with low util
- will now auto adjust itself depending on algo so it gives more time for miners to connect
- redid automatic sensitivity adjuster to match the miners and algo better
Updated Temp Control
- temp control is now part of the cloud ai and will get updates via the cloud also
- it now detects crashes with high overclocks and trys to restore optimal clocks and will stop auto oc if it crashes.
- it now adjusts cards slower than before to not bash nvidia-smi so that it allows system with more cards to run better
Updated Automatic Overclocker
- it now is fully ai controlled and updated
- it now will request best overclocks from system to update itself over time "OPTIONAL"
- it now is more stable than before thanks to temp control keeping it in check "QA JOKE"
Updated TELEGRAM
- you can now tell telegram what messages to send you and how often
- you can now put a group name or telegram name as a tile to the telegram so that you know from what group or rig its coming from.
- telegram now tells you your current hashrate also
Updated 8coins
- added more coins to 8coins including XLR and CRC
- added xaven miner running on cuda9
- added dstm zm miner 5.8
Cleaned Up Resources File for faster loading
- lowered from 4000+ lines to 700+ lines
- a lot more bug fixes to list enjoy 1.9.6

Update 1.9.5 (BRAND NEW) 1.1.2018
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!
fixed more bugs plaguing the 1.9 update and all updates until this one
- fixed the donate bug
- fixed the global settings bug
Updated Watchdog
- added more checksum and delays for ccminer and the such
- added an automatic sensitivity adjuster no more needing to adjust ri
- added cc-miner checkers to allow cc-miner to connect
Updated Temp Control
- temp control now waits for cc-miner to connect before adjusting
- temp control now checks how many cards and adjusts itself for the amount of cards
- allowing temp control to adjust fans and power quicker than before
Updated Auto Overclocker
- auto overclocker now grabs its intelligence from the cloud and will be updated more frequently than before
- auto overclocker adjusts cards faster than before and closer to its max
- auto overclocker now saves its last recorded good overclock to its alerts/oclastlog file
- auto overclocker now recognizes more brands and cards and algos than before
Updated performance
- now the OS switches between miners seamlessly
- improved CPU allotment for miners for enhanced performance
- improved layout of all logs for better performance
- improved system layout overall for clarity
- added more files to ram on boot to allow less i/o to pen drive
- added a pxa menu for faster control of miners via local or remote
Updated WTM Switcher
- fixed a few bugs with switcher that didn't let it register switches
- fixed the dreaded no coin in 1bash issue
- a lot more bug fixes to list and features added but its NEW YEARS!

( NEW)

Zip File sha256:
Code:
4b329b3c57fe3644d0c5cc5806d901247ad0fa87d0badaaf8f79486335f76b35
Image File sha256:
Code:
48e48f6915a0781708202fc39786136a844c3c446c51dbc45d6adfce22dfe678

DONATION WALLETS
BTC: 15CCvL67dvDUkNxj7UXD1D73cngmZahr2v
LTC: Lg5uMeWq9UhmKfz6ABAef5NUvQfeEopJW6
BTG: GW9xzyCgtLC6JHwZu8kxYU7MyKX2YMyRMp
ETC: 0x9649cb67f838521545dbb842ff249c18db9e32eb
MONA: MDUH4mg6jTXz1VQR2ResJk2TLLfQLswsBm
ZEC: t1gSkECXrMJwjJ585ef15uYrsuFyaaLHu9D
CANN: CVZhGRDobu216u4sPHLiCanQ2c9NYAZJkG
VERT: VpMdKDUPcrGmkhBirNvanY15ZVhKDpZ6yZ
ETH: 0x88eAa1B1a234fCe6EC738789CEa80BBaBbcBF003
Thanks to all of you for your support!

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:32:40 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 10:41:52 PM by poisonxa

Some 1.8.4 Screenies:

1.9.3 Screenies:

CHOSN PREVIEW:

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:38:26 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 12:49:36 AM by poisonxa

Some Tuts:
nvOC V 1.9.1 Released By PoisonXA
Instructions:
Use the enclosed program called etcher to write the img file to a 16gb+ usb stick.
Once completed open the second partition in windows and edit the file 1bash with notepad or notepad++

Feature list include:

################ PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH ####################
PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH: when enabled and setup will check www.whattomine.com for the most profitable coin to mine at the time
To setup you must first to go www.whattomine.com and on the top select the gpus you currently have on that rig and hit calculate
once done copy the address on the address bar and paste it inside of 1bash where it says WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL=
and then add to the end of the address http://whattomine.com/coins? just add .json and leave the rest the same

It should look like this when your done:
http://whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&adapt_q_380=0&adapt_q_fury=0&adapt_q_470=0&adapt_q_480=3&adapt_q_570=0&adapt_q_580=0&adapt_q_750Ti=0&adapt_q_1050Ti=0&adapt_q_10606=0&adapt_q_1070=0&adapt_q_1080=0&adapt_q_1080Ti=25&adapt_1080Ti=true&eth=true&factor%5Beth_hr%5D=875.0&factor%5Beth_p%5D=3500.0&grof=true&factor%5Bgro_hr%5D=1450.0&factor%5Bgro_p%5D=5250.0&x11gf=true&factor%5Bx11g_hr%5D=487.5&factor%5Bx11g_p%5D=4250.0&cn=true&factor%5Bcn_hr%5D=20750.0&factor%5Bcn_p%5D=3500.0&eq=true&factor%5Beq_hr%5D=17125.0&factor%5Beq_p%5D=4750.0&lre=true&factor%5Blrev2_hr%5D=1600000.0&factor%5Blrev2_p%5D=4750.0&ns=true&factor%5Bns_hr%5D=35000.0&factor%5Bns_p%5D=4750.0&lbry=true&factor%5Blbry_hr%5D=11500.0&factor%5Blbry_p%5D=4750.0&bk2bf=true&factor%5Bbk2b_hr%5D=70000.0&factor%5Bbk2b_p%5D=4750.0&bk14=true&factor%5Bbk14_hr%5D=108750.0&factor%5Bbk14_p%5D=5250.0&pas=true&factor%5Bpas_hr%5D=42500.0&factor%5Bpas_p%5D=5250.0&skh=true&factor%5Bskh_hr%5D=1187.5&factor%5Bskh_p%5D=4750.0&factor%5Bl2z_hr%5D=420.0&factor%5Bl2z_p%5D=300.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.1&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=abucoins&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bitfinex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bleutrade&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=&commit=Calculate

After select on WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS= what coins you want to mine seperate the coins with an ;
the rest is self explanatory.
################ PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH ####################

###################### TEMPERATURE AND KEEP ALIVE SETTINGS #######################
Having this on the YES will keep all your cards in a certain temperature that you select this feature is required for auto overclock also.
TEMPERATURE_CONTROL="YES"

TARGET_TEMP=70

__FAN_ADJUST=5      # Select how much you want to increase or decrease fan depending on temperature adjustment size in percent

POWER_ADJUST=5     # Select how much you want to increase or decrease the power to the gpu this in in watts

# Difference in actual temperature allowed before action:  Works only if current is BELOW target temp

ALLOWED_TEMP_DIFF=2

select how much difference there should be before an action is made in temperature
# Restore original power limit if fan speed is lower than this percentage

RESTORE_POWER_LIMIT=90 select to what percentage the fan should reduce to to increase the power back to the maximum you selected

# lowest fan speed that will be used
MINIMAL_FAN_SPEED=50 select whats the lowest fan speed you prefer

Having this on the YES will keep your rig from crashing and if it does crash will reboot it to minimize downtimes

WATCHDOG="YES"
the RI feature under this is a sensitivity measurement which the lower the number the faster it reacts try to keep it under 6 unless its rebooting the pc before it even starts mining.
###################### TEMPERATURE AND KEEP ALIVE SETTINGS #######################

Having this on will allow for there to be specific overclocks that you determine depending on what coin your mining with wtm auto switch in the bottom of 1bash there is a list of algo specific overclcoks to set
damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO"

Select if you would like the troubleshooting mode enabled will leave the terminal open while mining to see pre launch diagnostics
DualWindows="YES"

Turn this on if you would like to run teamviewer on the rig Setup an account on teamviewer then connect monitor to rig and login to your account

TEAMVIEWER="NO"
Turn this on if you would like to be able to ssh onto the rig
SSH="YES"
Turn this on if you would like to use the same power limit and overclocks for all cards

POWERLIMIT="YES"

# kk003's video tutorial how to create a telegram bot and get Api Key + User Id:
# https://youtu.be/HS7Q1zH00bs
This will enable the miner to send you telegrams of whats going on use the video above to set it up

BaliMiner_TELEGRAM_ALERTS="YES"

#GPU#AUTOCS=LITE == Set this to your preffered aggressiveness SAFE - LITE - MED - HIGH - BRUTAL
#GPU#SCORE=0 ==      Set this to your preffered starting or set core overclock
#GPU#SMEM=0 ==      Set this to your preffered starting or set mem overclock
#GPU#MAXPL=150 ==  Set this to your preffered maximum powerlimit
#GPU0MAXTEMP=69 == Set this to your preffered maximum temperature
# LITE is the default auto overclock settings for no crash performance.
##############################################################################################

## GPU0
GPU0AUTOCS=LITE   
GPU0SCORE=0
GPU0SMEM=0
GPU0MAXPL=150
GPU0MAXTEMP=69

mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:39:15 AM

Been running PoisonXA's version for months, now, works great, he's super responsive, and always willing to help you get your shit working. Join the discord!

Bitrated user: mikespax.
01V01

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:48:19 AM

Great stuff from this nvOC version. For a complete noob like me, it does work pretty well. Also, the discord channel has some very awesome people where you can learn a lot.

Keep up the good work !
HiP1

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:51:13 AM

I have been going through all the version through, until 1.8.4
and it's rock solid. haven't had a single reboot or crash since then, and still at a higher hashrate than with the original 1.4
pantalyra

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:55:18 AM

Thanks Poison for keeping me mining!

Been running this for a while now. Much better then other programs I have used. Poison and the others in discord are extremely helpful. A great community.
It is super simple. Download the image, flash your drive, update your 1bash file.

You should join the discord channel.

This OS is a must for miners with autoswitch, auto overclock and auto update features. Mining has never been so easy!

Two words: "Do It"
gmb8118

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:11:21 AM

I found the original nvOC by fullzero from a youtube post by Vosk Coin. When I built my first mining rig, I jumped to try out nvOC because of the ease of use. I had a few minor issues that I brought up on Discord. Poisonxa helped me out with and got me up and running. After nearly a month of mining, I'm now running his latest release 1.9 on my trio rig and a new 8gpu rig I just finished building.

PoisonXA's version 1.9 and all of his improvements are amazing. The auto overclocking and temperature controls are super intuitive. Set your max temperature and your wattage and the OS does the rest. I can't wait to see what's next! Thanks PoisonXA for your hardwork and dedication to the project.
gmb8118

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:30:45 AM

Some screenshots from the latest version (1.9) of PoisonXA's nvOC
https://imgur.com/gallery/z4FJt
East113

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:17:27 AM

This sounds pretty great, I was already planning on switching from smOS die to their web dashnoard claiming my rig to be offline even though it is still mining fine therefore making the whole point of the os useless.

Had my rig stop working today after 3 days of running fine and of course I'm out of town. Looking for something solid that has remote viewing ability that works. Plus I have a Wi-Fi power adapter shipping for cases like today.

Will be checking this out once I'm home tomorrow evening! Install the same as Fullzero's I would imagine?
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:34:36 AM

This sounds pretty great, I was already planning on switching from smOS die to their web dashnoard claiming my rig to be offline even though it is still mining fine therefore making the whole point of the os useless.

Had my rig stop working today after 3 days of running fine and of course I'm out of town. Looking for something solid that has remote viewing ability that works. Plus I have a Wi-Fi power adapter shipping for cases like today.

Will be checking this out once I'm home tomorrow evening! Install the same as Fullzero's I would imagine?

exactly the same just etch to a usb or sdd edit 1bash with your information and boot up btw this has teamviewer 13 preinstalled

Michael20

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:21:07 AM

Nice fork Smiley But also no wifi or?
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 12:53:23 PM

Nice fork Smiley But also no wifi or?
Wifi works just plug in the usb wifi and your golden

poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:42:21 PM

Any questions you might have you can get a fast response on our discord channel.

GCMiner

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:51:23 PM

Running 3 of my rigs smoothly on Poison's releases. 2 of them are v17 and the latest one is v19. No crashing or rebooting, works like a charm
ying_style

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:47:54 PM

PROS
1) FREE with an option to donate to support development.
2) Auto OC for noobs like me
3) Lots of coins supported and auto switching sites like Mining Pool Hub, zpool, and (Ugh!) NiceHash is supported.
4) Auto restart and monitoring tools. With team viewer I can now monitor and even make changes on my rig using my phone
5) Excellent support by the author and from the members of the community.

CONS
1) Auto Update caused my Bash1 file to be changed to a default one luckily I detected it right away.
2) Not Sure if its the Watchdog program or my GPU's a problem but I keep getting low utilization on my GPU. So I adjusted watch dog sensitivity a little higher so it does not keep restarting.
3) A few bugs here and there which the author is continually addressing.

Wish List
1) More Coins just in case I need them.
2) Auto OC setting for each card. (GPU0 - High, GPU1 - Brutal, GPU2 - Normal)
3) Preserve  seting of coins and pools after an update.
4) I Hope any Ideas from the other fork will be added to this OS
moi162001

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:13:14 PM

Hello everyone
I discovered nvOC by chance on this forum and I'm happy
support on the discord is exemplary, distribution and fast bug fix.
the functions proposed as the auto-overclooking the automatic switch currency  are simply great.

easy to configure and use

thanks PoisonXa

Cool Shocked Wink

martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:24:33 PM

Does this OS go to sleep after X hours? I woke up this morning and turned the monitor on - it was at the 'enter password' screen. Then it loaded the desktop (as if it crashed?)

I checked my pool which said there was no downtime?
sikke1

Activity: 44
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:28:43 PM

nvOC to the moon

This OS supports AsRock Pro H110 BTC+ 13xpci-e mainboard out of box. You dont have to enter in bios. Plug in 13 GPU and setup pools. There will be mining.
poisonxa (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 10:19:49 PM

Does this OS go to sleep after X hours? I woke up this morning and turned the monitor on - it was at the 'enter password' screen. Then it loaded the desktop (as if it crashed?)

I checked my pool which said there was no downtime?

no this os does not sleep it mines for as long as theres power.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: