Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:54:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners will now remove your profits  (Read 357 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:44:56 AM

Look at it with clear and open eyes.

We now have people in here paying 60-88USD transaction fees, and are still not sure to get the transactions confirmed.

This is because the miners now know that the collapse is close. Therefore for them to make as much money as possible the fees become extremely high. They win on this two times:

Partly because the BTC investors have to pay astronomical fees

Partly - and more importantly - all the small BTC investors simply cannot pay these fees without losing their whole investment.

Small BTC investors are therefore now becoming "locked" and cannot get out while the miners try to get their profits up as much as possible before the collapse.

Think about it - if the miners truly believed this would continue, they would not destroy the system by increasing fees so much. But they know the collapse is coming, and are now cashing out while trapping the smaller investors.

GTHO
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:58:29 AM

Sorry. Miners don't set the fees. Users do.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:59:58 AM

They are the ones benefitting
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:18:44 AM

We now have people in here paying 60-88USD transaction fees, and are still not sure to get the transactions confirmed.

This is because the miners now know that the collapse is close. Therefore for them to make as much money as possible the fees become extremely high. They win on this two times:

Partly - and more importantly - all the small BTC investors simply cannot pay these fees without losing their whole investment.

Small BTC investors are therefore now becoming "locked" and cannot get out while the miners try to get their profits up as much as possible before the collapse.

Think about it - if the miners truly believed this would continue, they would not destroy the system by increasing fees so much. But they know the collapse is coming, and are now cashing out while trapping the smaller investors.

GTHO

Miners have absolutely no control over the fees. It's natural market behavior. Lots of people need confirmations, and miners can only give a limited amount. Hence, the price for confirmations go up. It turns into a bidding war.

There is no conspiracy here. If anything, this tells us there's more demand than the network can handle, but that's also bad. This has been expected, which is why Bitcoin Cash was born, and why Segwit2x was planned. The scaling problem was bound to materialize eventually, and it already has, but fixes are already on the way. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:36:15 AM

Its shows clearly you didn't well-understood the subject and have a limited knowledge. The miners have a zero control over the fees.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:38:14 AM

Its shows clearly you didn't well-understood the subject and have a limited knowledge. The miners have a zero control over the fees.

They are the ones choosing to process the highest fees first
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:43:39 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 12:54:06 PM by Catmony

People are paying outrageous fee to get faster confirmation and miners enjoying free bitcoin as profit.

Still many services like exchanges havent updated their wallet to segwit even though they are ready to implement it. If both receiving and sending address is segwit addresses than we can still save 40-50% in transaction fee
tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:44:19 AM

It is a bidding war between all the users who want to have their transactions confirmed quickly. The current Bitcoin can only process limited amount to of transactions every second, so the people who pay higher fees gets their transactions processed earlier. It is only natural for fees to rise. Also, the fees shouldn't be measured in USD. The Bitcoin price is high so in USD value the fees will appear higher.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
GloriousDonkey52

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:45:36 AM

If miners have control in our profits they why we are still earning from it? The high transaction fees I guess, is because of the price of bitcoin from the market itself.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:39:02 AM

Miners will now remove your profits

how much did you invest in bitcoin? $1?
normal person invest at least a couple of hundred dollars. lets say $100. in a month price has gone up more than 100% which means your investment is now worth $200+

how much do you pay for fees? $12? $16? $30 (that is 900 satoshi/byte)?
my math is not good but i think $30 is bigger than $100 profit!!!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:42:40 AM

For what I believed the miners cant set the price or declare a specific margin to gain profit. They mine bitcoin but they can't control the price of what they mined, unless they place those bitcoins in the exchange and sell it there in a much higher price on what the market demands. The price depends on how many people who trade bitcoin are willing to buy and sell bitcoins, those prices are averaged and become the market price.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:41:47 AM

they know the collapse is coming, and are now cashing out
Miners have to convert most of their BTC into fiat to pay for their costs, regardless of market conditions.
Therefore for them to make as much money as possible the fees become extremely high.
Miners do not set the fees.
They always decide to choose the transactions with the highest fees first - that's how the fee market works.  Even when zero-fee transactions were plausible, they always prioritised the transactions with the highest fees.  They still can't control the fees.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:46:53 AM

People are paying outrageous fee to get faster confirmation and miners enjoying free bitcoin as profit.
For what I trusted the mine workers cannot set the cost or announce a particular edge to pick up benefit. They mine bitcoin however they can't control the cost of what they mined, unless they put those bitcoins in the trade and offer it there in a significantly higher cost on what the market requests. The cost relies upon what number of individuals who exchange bitcoin will purchase and offer bitcoins, those costs are arrived at the midpoint of and turn into the market cost.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:55:16 PM

GTHO
It makes a little bit of a difference to me now that I see the transaction fee, I just want to keep the coins somewhere instead of selling them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ConfusedPenguin

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:56:15 PM

GTHO

Miners have absolutely no control over the fees. It's natural market behavior. Lots of people need confirmations, and miners can only give a limited amount. Hence, the price for confirmations go up. It turns into a bidding war.

There is no conspiracy here. If anything, this tells us there's more demand than the network can handle, but that's also bad. This has been expected, which is why Bitcoin Cash was born, and why Segwit2x was planned. The scaling problem was bound to materialize eventually, and it already has, but fixes are already on the way. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

What ? they are surely making the congestion doing zero fee transactions, were have you been  the last month ?
GloriousDonkey52

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:49:08 AM

Is it possible that more miners are needed right now to ease the transaction process and lower the transaction fees? The fees right now is really high. LOL
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:00:05 AM

I think it is normal if the fees getting higher because the price of bitcoin now increases higher and if we don't pay the fee, how the transaction can get confirmed? but the problem is the time to get confirmed that will wait too long if the fee is small. I think the big fee is to cover the confirming of the transaction so the transaction can deliver without waiting too long. maybe we can decrease the fee but bitcoin price will be decreased too.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:02:22 AM

Something is going on and the OP could well be right but I also think this might have something
to do with the ten big wig miners who now control 90% of all transactions and the Segwit fork
that is now going ahead on the 28th of December 2017 and has been blocked by the mejia or
it too is just part of a scam to stop people selling BTC so they get in on the fork that might never
happen. Clearly people are upset and something is going to give, you can feel it

Yes and we are going to jump ship because we don't like being held by the balls and our money being kept in limbo
land by these miners for days on end.

Happy to know you like a free market and the users you speak about are often whales like Coinbase who dont give real
users the option of setting the price

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:13:09 AM

They always decide to choose the transactions with the highest fees first - that's how the fee market works.  Even when zero-fee transactions were plausible, they always prioritised the transactions with the highest fees.  They still can't control the fees.

No Mr Police officer sir, i just pointed a gun in his face and he started to thrown money from his pockets at me
and i didn't even need to tell him to do so because it's Christmas time, he felt so generous that he got carried away
and threw the money with such force that it hit me in the eye and I want charges pressed for assault please.

$0.06 at the beginning of the year to $50.00+ is daylight robbery and I can assure you there will be a cost

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 01:43:34 AM

What, do you suggest that you expect them to choose the lowest fees first?  Or do you expect them to ignore fees?  Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Each block has a certain capacity, calculated by block weight.  Only 4000000 bytes of weight will fit in a block, pursuant to the equation set forth in BIP 141 and the static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_WEIGHT declared in src/consensus/consensus.h.  If there are too many transactions to fit, then miners have only one sensible way to choose:  Pick the transactions which offer higher fees per weight unit.  From the miner’s perspective, anything else would be throwing money away.  What do you really expect them to do?

No Mr Police officer sir, i just pointed a gun in his face and he started to thrown money from his pockets at me
and i didn't even need to tell him to do so because it's Christmas time, he felt so generous that he got carried away
and threw the money with such force that it hit me in the eye and I want charges pressed for assault please.

Graded F- in the analogies section.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: