Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:45:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dare to be Rich!  (Read 5271 times)
ronaldmaustin (OP)

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 12:13:45 PM

Bitcoins are in their infancy.  As more people use them, simple hardworking folks like yourself who have been in on the ground floor from the beginning deserve to be compensated for being the first to know.  There is a website . . . http://fxnet.co.cc/?ref=277 that I honestly have nothing to do with except that I have just become a member.  Membership is FREE and FUN!  Now, do you want to Dare to be Rich?  Right now, go to the exchange and buy a bitcoin.  It's only thirty cents or so!  Send that bitcoin to the website and wait.  As other people come in later down the chain, some of their Bitcoin goes to you.  As poplarity grows, the amount you get back goes up exponentially.  An example of exponential growth would be something like someone gives you 30 cents the first day.  The next day you have 60 cents, then $1.20 the next.  Doesn't sound like much, but at the end of the month you'd have over $150 million as a result of exponential growth just doubling your Bitcoin daily!  Now that's not going to happen.  But what about if it doubled every week, instead?  Now, be warned.  This is NOT a Pyramid Scheme.  It is based upon the trapezoid.  What is the difference?  A pyramid has three corners but a trapezoid has four corners which mathematically guarantees a profit.  What do you have to lose if I'm wrong?  30 cents.  If this is a scam, but Bitcoins are real, then how can you get ripped off?  Bitcoins are anonymous.  No one knows who you are.  The government will cannot tax you on the millions you could make if I'm right.  All you lose if I'm lying is 30 cents, but if I'm right . . . well . . . if you want to achieve anything in this lifetime you have to DARE TO BE RICH.

1) Go buy some Bitcoins now at http://mtgox.com/

2) Send ONE to http://fxnet.co.cc/?ref=277 

3) Your wildest dreams will come true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2011, 12:28:29 PM

You should be honest about what you're doing:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
ronaldmaustin (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 12:33:54 PM

I was honest.  The site is not mine.  I'm just a member.  I paid nothing to join and I've only spent 1 Bitcoin which currently is about 30 cents.  I will never need to invest more than that to make a profit.  A Ponzi scheme is where the money from later "investors" is used to pay earlier ones and there is no underlying investment which is what people think they are investing in.  The guy running the Ponzi scheme, like Madoff, keeps the money.  Here there is no question that there is no underlying investment and that people who come in later at the bottom of the chain will not get as much, or anything, but that those at the top of the chain make more money.  This is typically called a Pyramid or Multi Level Marketing.  And, besides, this is a Trapezoid.  FOUR CORNERS.  And, my bad, I forgot to explain how it works.  First it doubles.  Then it splits.  Then this happens again.  And again.  That's what it means to be a trapezoid.  With this there appears to be not two, but a three pronged split.  Very well thought out by the programmer.  Instead of 1,2,4,8 we have 1,3,6,12 ... already a 50% increase by just the fourth step. WOW!
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 01:55:09 PM

Now, be warned.  This is NOT a Pyramid Scheme.  It is based upon the trapezoid.  What is the difference?  A pyramid has three corners but a trapezoid has four corners which mathematically guarantees a profit. 

Wow, well, you really can't argue with bulletproof logic like this.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
January 05, 2011, 02:32:56 PM

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2011, 03:15:30 PM

trapezoid....  are you related to Dr. Gene Ray, Cube Phenomenologist and THE WISEST HUMAN?

In the programming world, I'm a fan of what is called "duck typing" -- if it looks like a duck, walks likes a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck, even if you give it a fancy name like TrapezoidalFowl or MultiLevelBird.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
ronaldmaustin (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 05:50:07 AM

Hey, aren't you the guy who got a permit to burn trees or something?  Seriously, though, the whole trapezoid thing was just my recollection of a Richard Pryor bit in the movie Bustin' Loose. Just a troll.  Kinda.  I did "invest" my own Bitcoin.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 06:09:06 AM

I was honest.  The site is not mine.  I'm just a member.  I paid nothing to join and I've only spent 1 Bitcoin which currently is about 30 cents.  I will never need to invest more than that to make a profit.  A Ponzi scheme is where the money from later "investors" is used to pay earlier ones and there is no underlying investment which is what people think they are investing in.  The guy running the Ponzi scheme, like Madoff, keeps the money.  Here there is no question that there is no underlying investment and that people who come in later at the bottom of the chain will not get as much, or anything, but that those at the top of the chain make more money.  This is typically called a Pyramid or Multi Level Marketing.  And, besides, this is a Trapezoid.  FOUR CORNERS.  And, my bad, I forgot to explain how it works.  First it doubles.  Then it splits.  Then this happens again.  And again.  That's what it means to be a trapezoid.  With this there appears to be not two, but a three pronged split.  Very well thought out by the programmer.  Instead of 1,2,4,8 we have 1,3,6,12 ... already a 50% increase by just the fourth step. WOW!

This is so old.  I am involved with the a type of marketing called the Pentagon and it is waaaay better than your Trapezoid.  Don't listen to him and listen to me.  I will send you details of the Pentagon Multi Level Marekting if you PM me!

Next year I plan to come out with the Hexagon Multi Level Marketing.  You see, it is time based and when one gets old a new type of marketing must come out!  Send some bitcoins to me and I will tell you how it's done.  Don't do the Trapezoid, do the Pentagon and soon to be Hexagon.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 06:38:10 AM

Next year I plan to come out with the Hexagon Multi Level Marketing.  You see, it is time based and when one gets old a new type of marketing must come out!  Send some bitcoins to me and I will tell you how it's done.  Don't do the Trapezoid, do the Pentagon and soon to be Hexagon.

Old news sir. You've been bypassed by the DeSeptagon system.

Send BTC for details!

FreddyFender

Activity: 215

Shamantastic!

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 06:53:48 AM

...the DeSeptagon system...

Nice

Vinnie

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 07:49:48 AM

I'm actually really glad I took the time to read this thread. Now I can finally go to bed after a good laugh!

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
dingus

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 03:30:48 PM

Grin

ding·us/ˈdiNGgəs/
Noun: Used to refer to something whose name the speaker cannot remember, is unsure of, or is humorously or euphemistically omitting
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
January 06, 2011, 04:33:49 PM

This is typically called a Pyramid or Multi Level Marketing.  And, besides, this is a Trapezoid.  FOUR CORNERS.  And, my bad, I forgot to explain how it works.  First it doubles.  Then it splits.  Then this happens again.  And again.  That's what it means to be a trapezoid.  With this there appears to be not two, but a three pronged split.  Very well thought out by the programmer.  Instead of 1,2,4,8 we have 1,3,6,12 ... already a 50% increase by just the fourth step. WOW!

WOW, so now they have cut away the top of the pyramid, and they call it "a trapezoid" ?
Hahahahaha

Good, good.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2011, 04:34:57 PM

WOW, so now they have cut the top and the pyramid, and call it "a trapezoid" ?
Hahahahaha

Good, good.

Brb, inventing hypercube scam scheme

alowm

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2011, 04:46:13 AM

There is a website . . . http://fxnet.co.cc/?ref=277 that I honestly have nothing to do with except that I have just become a member.

You drop a referral link to a website then immediately claim you have nothing to do with the site?

LOL Cheesy
Hal
VIP

Activity: 314
Merit: 3853

View Profile
January 07, 2011, 06:39:47 AM

The creation of the site was described here: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854.0;all

Hal Finney
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2011, 08:15:26 AM

dodecahedron scheme for the win! it's not like the sphere scheme; the corners are cut off.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2011, 10:32:28 AM

dodecahedron scheme for the win! it's not like the sphere scheme; the corners are cut off.
The corners of the sphere ? XD

RHorning

Activity: 224
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 07, 2011, 12:30:50 PM

I'm just glad that at least somebody had the guts to call this a scam.  It is, of the most basic and illegal variety... with a good reason why stuff like this is usually declared illegal in most countries.  As long as Bitcoins are seen as play money and not worth anything, I suppose this is a harmless diversion that I'd still recommend against, but it certainly shouldn't be something encouraged.

If you want to be rich, provide some goods or services that do something others need.  You can build a better mousetrap and make far more money than scamming somebody out of their money, and do something positive for the community at the same time.  Threads like this simply are not helpful and IMHO it should be locked, but that is just me.

Yes, I get the humor being poked at with all of the various polygon and polyhedron references.  Such is happening because this shouldn't be a serious discussion, but I argue even that is a waste and is sustaining a thread that shouldn't get attention in the first place.  Such humor is also indirectly a personal attack on the original poster... something I think is also awful decorum and something that should be stopped for its own reason too.  I suppose there are a bunch of kids here that want to play, but it is time to grow up kids!
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 07, 2011, 01:41:51 PM

I'm just glad that at least somebody had the guts to call this a scam.  It is, of the most basic and illegal variety... with a good reason why stuff like this is usually declared illegal in most countries.  As long as Bitcoins are seen as play money and not worth anything, I suppose this is a harmless diversion that I'd still recommend against, but it certainly shouldn't be something encouraged.

If you want to be rich, provide some goods or services that do something others need.  You can build a better mousetrap and make far more money than scamming somebody out of their money, and do something positive for the community at the same time.  Threads like this simply are not helpful and IMHO it should be locked, but that is just me.

Yes, I get the humor being poked at with all of the various polygon and polyhedron references.  Such is happening because this shouldn't be a serious discussion, but I argue even that is a waste and is sustaining a thread that shouldn't get attention in the first place.  Such humor is also indirectly a personal attack on the original poster... something I think is also awful decorum and something that should be stopped for its own reason too.  I suppose there are a bunch of kids here that want to play, but it is time to grow up kids!

Nothing wrong with a little sarcasm to tell the truth.  Look at how CNN, MSNBC, etc. has failed to counter FOX News while 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart' is the only show capable of countering Fox's exaggeration with their own humorous slant.  Quite effective IMOP. 

The Internet is full of wrong info and one just need some good B.S. filters.  You are probably an older guy but a lot of kids and teenagers  would fall for this Ponzi stuff.  I fell for one once when I was a teenager.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: