Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the bitcoin holder dies  (Read 821 times)
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:25:16 AM

Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless
If family member knows no problem. What if not

if the bitcoin in his virtual wallet is dead then the wallet will still contain bitcoin and nobody can open it because only the owner can open it while the owner of his wallet is dead. then it will be a treasure, LOL
cloudbleron18

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:07:29 AM

Dear team

I need to know that if a bitcoin holder dies with 100btc. Then what happended to btc ? Useless
If the bitcoin holder dies,that was a very defficult to happen but maybe there will be a substitute for it.maybe when thats happened there is someone to continue bitcoin.if theres someone that has a lots of account the best thing to do is share their private key to someone who was responsible also to bitcoin or i mean,one of the stock holder.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
nemesis_

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:55:13 AM

Since all bitcoin a person have is secured by private keys, nobody will have an access to it and probably be useless. Unless, that person shared his private key to a trusted relative or friend then it will be accessible and will be in use.

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:45:39 AM

If the btc holder dies without passing any information about their btc to the nearest family member all the btc will stay as unused as a frozen coin.Unless a hacker hack in a steal the coins it remains as it is.If you want your family to enjoy the profit even after you pass away it is better you pass your private key information to someone you trust from your family so that they can use it even after you are gone.Or maintain the records in your safe locker for your family to use.

I don't even understand the whole controversy in the issue of someone dies with btc. Of course nothing will happen. Its just like a normal human being who kept his fund in a hole that is only known to him then he dies, nothing will happen to the money other than it rusting away but in the case of bitcoin, we see its in the wallet, but no one can access it. Just as simple as that.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:34:24 PM

Dear team

Well to access you wallet you need a Private key and password. As Name is displayed "private" which mean its your personal info and not share with any one. If no one know the password, your private and you dies. Then nobody can access your wallet. It will waste forever. Better to share your key and password with anyone you can trust maybe your spouse .
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:36:43 PM

Dear team

No one will ever have access to that 100 bitcoins. It's virtually gone forever unless someone actually knows the encryption password or if it's easily accessible to any other family member. I doubt any family member would even give a damn about his/her wallet so better to inform them the worth of those bitcoins.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:41:25 PM

Dear team

Well, if he has not shared the private keys with anyone, then the coins will be lost and no one will be able to retrieve them (at least with the current technology). If some one could find the recovery sheet, backups, or even hints for passwords, then there is a chance that the coins could be recovered and transferred to the relatives.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:11:21 PM

Why will you say something like that, if one is I'll, he will have to sell his precious coins for his life, cause when there is life then there is hope. The bitcoin will not be touched if it is in a hardware wallet, but if it is not, then it will be a place for the price to be at a high price, except some of his family members has the details of it.
Laodungchun

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:09:12 PM

Dear team

The Law Society is urging people to leave clear instructions for their intellectual property and digital media in case of death. Most of the digital legacy people leave behind when they shuttle off this mortal coil has sentimental value – it is not something that can be appraised or valued in hard cash.
ShiroThe5th

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:12:36 PM

i think his or her parents can do if they know that that holder has a large amount of bitcoin. i think if if i am the holder i tell to one or more closest people tell my password or leave a letter to access my bitcoin.
mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:21:08 PM

Dear team

If no one has access to their funds via private key etc then the funds are lost forever. That is one of the benefits and also one of the downsides of bitcoin. It is why all should be sure to be sensible and make copies of private keys and leave them either in secure places or with family members they can trust.
CoinMaker7

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:23:30 PM

He will take them to the afterlife and be rich there.
lol
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:27:25 PM

Dear team

If the person has a 100 bitcoin and he died the bitcoin is useless you can't claim and convert it into a local currency because maybe the wallet has a password or need a private key to access it unless if your family know your password or private they can use it to buy things that they want or to use it of emergency and if the day has come and you know to yourself that you're dying tell to your family  ypu private key as soon as possible
elie_s

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:32:00 PM

Bitcoin holders should put it in there will it's like an asset

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
maliken01

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:38:29 PM

Gone with the wind  Cheesy Cheesy
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:49:08 PM

It is why all should be sure to be sensible and make copies of private keys and leave them either in secure places or with family members they can trust.

Family can be your worst enemy in some cases. Everything that involves a lot money changes people from good to bad instantly in certain situations. If you need the money badly, and see that you have access to x number of coins, for a lot people that will be an easy choice and option. If you want your family to at least have something, set up a fiat fund, or one that you can include a fair number of coins in. This all will get released once you're gone, and investigation has turned out that you have died naturally, and not poisoned or whatever by greedy family members. It's quite complicated, but every person will deal with it on its own way.
SailorCoin

Activity: 218
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:53:05 PM

They will be lost in the BLockchain forever. I think that happens a lot with early Bitcoin Users. And that will happen in the Future too. SO if the family members dont know his passwort and cant find the private keys, the coins are lost.
Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:03:11 PM

Then his money will be locked in blockchain forever. Technology just appeared, nowadays everything if hard, just wait for ten years
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:23:00 PM

If a person owns 100 BTC holders that unfortunately passed away without leaving any information, then I think all of BTC which will forever not be traded anymore. If in case the owner of the BTC to the entire information about the e-wallet and stored somewhere, it can members of the family may own, even if they do not disclose the information to anyone, then no one can use that number BTC.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:26:16 PM

Dear team

Yes it will be useless as no one knows anything about it even its password or key to his/her wallet. Thats the reason why we should keep it as a secret to someone who is close to us so that our money will have value and be worthy. If someone know your private keys then there is someone who can used it whenever you die.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███