Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:26:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Bitcoin and GOODBYE (Let it goooo)  (Read 1705 times)
shacc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:39:13 PM

Many advantages and disadvantages, but in my opinion it still The pioneer , and the spirit of digital money, a revolution. life is full of opportunities to catch. good luck friend
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:44:55 PM

Alright

"Bitcoin is king" "Bitcoin will keep growing" "Bitcoin is the leader" "Bitcoin will never be replaced" -newbie.
Why are people still so convinced about this?

Bitcoin is the leader and the king - legendary member. You can quote me on that.

Why? Because it is so. Bitcoin has the highest acceptance rate, recognizability, price, market cap, trading volume... What more do you want?
What other cryptocurrency is better? BCC? Have you seen how it dropped when BTC started to dive? It's all connected, you can't simply take over and make people sell all their coins and switch to another CC.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ZepaniZeppos (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:48:44 PM

Many advantages and disadvantages, but in my opinion it still The pioneer , and the spirit of digital money, a revolution. life is full of opportunities to catch. good luck friend
That's not an opinion. Bitcoin IS the pioneer.

Pioneer means that it was first

I wouldn't say Bitcoin is best though
ZepaniZeppos (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:50:39 PM

Alright

"Bitcoin is king" "Bitcoin will keep growing" "Bitcoin is the leader" "Bitcoin will never be replaced" -newbie.

Bitcoin is the leader and the king - legendary member. You can quote me on that.

Why? Because it is so. Bitcoin has the highest acceptance rate, recognizability, price, market cap, trading volume... What more do you want?
What other cryptocurrency is better? BCC? Have you seen how it dropped when BTC started to dive? It's all connected, you can't simply take over and make people sell all their coins and switch to another CC.

I'm not saying people should switch. I just think they will at some point get forced to if the problem doesn't get solved soon.
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:51:05 PM

It's clear that Bitcoin isn't the best coin anymore.

The high price, forks and large transaction fees at first glance can easily be misinterpreted as negative.  When you take a closer look you will see the high price is from new investors.  This is monetary growth.  We live in a cash based society so this is necessary.  You can think of a Bitcoin fork as a birth of a Bitcoin like technology that can be useful in itself or for the information acquired during it existence.  You learn best by doing and here is much still to be learned about blockchain technology.  The large transaction fees are due to increased traffic and ignorance of Segwit protocol.  If you are using a wallet that has upgraded to the newest Core update you will experience a 30-40% reduction in fees.  Ignorance is will decrease if those who know about Bitcoin take time to share their knowledge with those who do not and those who do not seek to learn more.

Too much dumb investors these days.. Bitcoin is no longer useable in a normal way but noobs will never realize because they never make a transaction to their own wallets because they don't even know it's decentralized and stuff...

I believe we can attribute the hyper inflated price of Bitcoin to emotional investors.  They do not want to miss an opportunity so they buy as quickly as possible.  This would not be a problem if they keep there Bitcoin but instead, because they trade with emotion rather than logic they panic sell when the price dips.  The greater the initial investment from emotional investors, the greater the price correction.
ZepaniZeppos (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:54:18 PM

It's clear that Bitcoin isn't the best coin anymore.

The high price, forks and large transaction fees at first glance can easily be misinterpreted as negative.  When you take a closer look you will see the high price is from new investors.  This is monetary growth.  We live in a cash based society so this is necessary.  You can think of a Bitcoin fork as a birth of a Bitcoin like technology that can be useful in itself or for the information acquired during it existence.  You learn best by doing and here is much still to be learned about blockchain technology.  The large transaction fees are due to increased traffic and ignorance of Segwit protocol.  If you are using a wallet that has upgraded to the newest Core update you will experience a 30-40% reduction in fees.  Ignorance is will decrease if those who know about Bitcoin take time to share their knowledge with those who do not and those who do not seek to learn more.

Too much dumb investors these days.. Bitcoin is no longer useable in a normal way but noobs will never realize because they never make a transaction to their own wallets because they don't even know it's decentralized and stuff...

I believe we can attribute the hyper inflated price of Bitcoin to emotional investors.  They do not want to miss an opportunity so they buy as quickly as possible.  This would not be a problem if they keep there Bitcoin but instead, because they trade with emotion rather than logic they panic sell when the price dips.  The greater the initial investment from emotional investors, the greater the price correction.
I'm curious if it will be solved, if so when? There is no doubt something drastically has to change to get this fixed
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:10:42 PM

Alright

Bitcoin is great, we learned a lot of it. Without Bitcoin we wouldn't have those other cryptocurrencies.
But just because Bitcoin is the pioneer doesn't mean it can't be replaced.
Bitcoin Cash is just a clone with bigger blocks, this will only solve the problem temporarely. So forget about it.

It's clear that Bitcoin isn't the best coin anymore. Problem is because of all this hype there is a lot of new dumb money that only see Bitcoin's insane price growth. That kind of people that leave their money on Coinbase is what I'm talking about (for long term).

If people would look at things more objectlively things wouldn't have gone this way.
I'm not naming other coins because I don't wanna make this a pump post.

I hope Bitcoin will fail soon. It has had enough time to be adapted to its use of today. Why can't Bitcoin be as good as other and better crypto's? I have no idea. But in my eyes it's already game over for Bitcoin.
I know theres gonna be a lot of fanboy hate coming to this post. Don't make them ruin this topic please.

Thanks to those who made Bitcoin possible, we will never forget you. But now it's time to move on.

DEAL WITH IT!!

May you not regret with your choice, I remain confident with the future of bitcoin.

ZepaniZeppos (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:13:44 PM

Alright

Bitcoin is great, we learned a lot of it. Without Bitcoin we wouldn't have those other cryptocurrencies.
But just because Bitcoin is the pioneer doesn't mean it can't be replaced.
Bitcoin Cash is just a clone with bigger blocks, this will only solve the problem temporarely. So forget about it.

It's clear that Bitcoin isn't the best coin anymore. Problem is because of all this hype there is a lot of new dumb money that only see Bitcoin's insane price growth. That kind of people that leave their money on Coinbase is what I'm talking about (for long term).

If people would look at things more objectlively things wouldn't have gone this way.

I hope Bitcoin will fail soon. It has had enough time to be adapted to its use of today. Why can't Bitcoin be as good as other and better crypto's? I have no idea. But in my eyes it's already game over for Bitcoin.
I know theres gonna be a lot of fanboy hate coming to this post. Don't make them ruin this topic please.

Thanks to those who made Bitcoin possible, we will never forget you. But now it's time to move on.

DEAL WITH IT!!

May you not regret with your choice, I remain confident with the future of bitcoin.
Don't know, I remain confident with the future of cryptocurrency in general. Well see.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:18:54 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 05:29:14 PM by iram1011

DEAL WITH IT!!

Quite reasonable points made. Even I agree to this. But you really think Bitcoin is sustaining its value because of utility? No. Bitcoin was never preferred to be a currency by investors. It is mere a store of value for people. People park their dollars in Bitcoin to grow their money. Most of the people don't really care about increasing fees because they hardly transact.

Utility wise Bitcoin is way behind many altcoins. But demand is still there because altcoin traders doesn't really care about utility here. Bitcoin has limited supply and maximum adoption which is increasing day by day due to massive popularity. Thus, a better way to grow money. That is enough a reason for investors to put their money in BTC.
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:21:46 PM

there are some of the words and sentences in this thread  that absolutely right and i am agree with it Smiley most of the point the poster of this are true but that is not the point here when we invest in bitcoin we actually know that it is a risk right.
desklamp

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:04:27 PM

Investing on bitcoin on this day has high risk of losing a percentage of money. Sometimes we need to be paranoid about our money especially in this kind of investment. Not your fault being negative. Being negative can be a good thing. I am still hoping for the best for bitcoin. Bitcoin will never be forgotten.
ZepaniZeppos (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:11:53 PM

Investing on bitcoin on this day has high risk of losing a percentage of money. Sometimes we need to be paranoid about our money especially in this kind of investment. Not your fault being negative. Being negative can be a good thing. I am still hoping for the best for bitcoin. Bitcoin will never be forgotten.

Off course Bitcoin will never be forgotten. Imagine it being part of schoolbooks in the future.
It will be like the first apes of humanity so to say.  Grin
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:06:38 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 08:34:07 PM by darkangel11

I'm not saying people should switch. I just think they will at some point get forced to if the problem doesn't get solved soon.

It will get solved soon. I know that the lightning project has been in development for over a year, but it wouldn't be required if we got a block size upgrade, but unfortunately we didn't We got BCH, but IMO it's not a solution. I don't like people behind it and their attitude. I'm still holding a few coins though just in case as I don't like to burn my bridges, but my BTC holdings keep growing and it's the coin I've chosen to support.
If you're scared of BTC right now you can always hold fiat or fiat tokens and wait it out, but this drop will eventually lead to a nice recovery and that recovery will be pretty fast as it always is with BTC.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 08:36:55 PM

Well the choice you made is good but lets not talk the drastic drop in price to conclude the end of bitcoin,the drop in price dose not mean the coin has failed, let see what happens in the up coming weeks, for me still believing that bitcoin will bounce  back

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ZepaniZeppos (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:33:56 PM

It will get solved soon. I know that the lightning project has been in development for over a year, but it wouldn't be required if we got a block size upgrade, but unfortunately we didn't We got BCH, but IMO it's not a solution. I don't like people behind it and their attitude. I'm still holding a few coins though just in case as I don't like to burn my bridges, but my BTC holdings keep growing and it's the coin I've chosen to support.
If you're scared of BTC right now you can always hold fiat or fiat tokens and wait it out, but this drop will eventually lead to a nice recovery and that recovery will be pretty fast as it always is with BTC.

I hope it will be, because it was still great way before this of moving funds.
Also you have more choice with Bitcoin in trading. For example on Poloniex you have a lot more choice with the BTC than ETH and stuff...
Honestly I think they should give more options for the other coins.

Only thing I have a problem with is the unfair price. because a lot of other and better coins have a much lower price (even compared to total volume in $) But as another user said: BITCOIN IS YEARS AHEAD IN TERMS OF "Spreading the word" & PUBLICITY
That is the only reason to the insane prices of today even at current price ($14,519.40 - As of now).
dachrist

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:48:05 PM

it clear that some high crypto technolgies will come in future , and compared to bitcoin , bitcoin will look ridiculous and obsolete
ZepaniZeppos (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:03:08 PM

it clear that some high crypto technolgies will come in future , and compared to bitcoin , bitcoin will look ridiculous and obsolete
Probably few years from now, now all the mainstream sheep only know Bitcoin
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:09:08 PM

Will ? It already has failed us.Paid $34 for a transaction of medium size transferring $500.This is the most expensive bitcoin has ever got leaving all the traditional payment methods behind.I don't know what drastic changes lightening would bring but I have no hope for now.

:') That's correct.With all the due respect,we need to move on ,atleast for the time being.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:25:54 PM

That's not an opinion. Bitcoin IS the pioneer.

Pioneer means that it was first

I wouldn't say Bitcoin is best though

I can say that it "was" and it's not anymore, for the past few months there have been a mess in the bitcoin (network), we see lots of transactions, currently we have around 300k unconfirmed transaction and if we check the total fees for these then its around 350 BTC ($5.4m) meaning 1 BTC per 1k transactions.

Where is that bitcoin that had zero fees, or near to zero? - it doesn't exist anymore, now and so on we will face expensive fees for a single transaction.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:30:52 PM

Is this bitcoin use or is a bad actor congesting the mempool?

Whatever it is, it’s bad for business. Just got notified of a 23 hour confirm.

Bitcoin is not going anywhere.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███