Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:13:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is DEAD  (Read 2449 times)
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:10:34 PM

It is crazy for some to say Bitcoin is dead! When bitcoin is still the ruling coin and it has helped a lot of people just imagine someone having 1000 Bitcoin, is already ontop of the world  because he needs nothing just to keep investing and getting increasing every now and then with this alone bitcoin will never die so long investors, miner and traders are there bitcoin will keep circulating till infinity.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:13:13 PM

Bitcoin will never die it will keep increasing except it's no longer acceptable in the world.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:15:45 PM

i have to quote myself from another BTC is dead blabla thread:

Right now i sent 1.0 BTC from my electrum wallet to binance exchange. It took 35 minutes and costs 40$... Its not the fastest and cheapest way, but its by far not that bad you all are telling

I am not "telling", I gave you a link.
Click it and watch for yourself the evolution of that transaction, fees included.
I've checked your transaction. 611 sat/B is huge fee, but not enough, still...
According to fork.lol the average (!) tx fee is around 1000 sat/B:

That's unbelievable, I have't seen such high fee ever...
https://fork.lol/tx/fee
I usually check the fees before sending out a transaction, but now I won't send any transaction, for sure.
There's no possible need for me that can justify to start a transaction with a kind of fee, I'll sit and wait to let the dust settle...
I'm sorry for your transaction, I have already tried to accelerate your previous 3.05 BTC tx but in vain, ViaBTC is full, everybody is pushing the button to accelerate the transactions...
Shint

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:18:29 PM

You're just telling this because you don't like the fees that you are paying where in fact Bitcoin is ruling since from the starts and many altcoins are trying to copy what Bitcoin did in the past. I guess Lightning Network is your best choice left but it isn't available right now.
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:24:51 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 11:22:17 PM by Kingofbitcoin12345

Being upset on transaction delay and higher fee is understandable but just think about it,, what is happening behind  it?.. Does this really meant to be like this or someone is manipulating this delays for an obvious purposes.. We can’t deny that miners support forking many times.. I just leave it there and I don’t want to add more details about what I think is happening now.. I will not leave bitcoin just because of this and that’s for sure..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
BitCoinKeeper

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:27:41 PM

Bitcoin has died 217 times

From BitcoinObituaries.com | Bitcoin Declared Dead 140+ Times and Counting
https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

I know this better than you, much probably.
And yet, I feel this is the right time, because all the other times anyone has written a Bitcoin obituary, it was for stupid reasons.
Here we have a network that is completely unusable = the technology is dead.
Switch to Byteball.

OP...I am so tired of of all the hate, and yes you are peddling hate. It is the holiday season and I’m quite sure there are millions of transactions just like yours out there have you ever considered the fact that the reason for the absorbantly high fee is due to people spending 0.00032 bitcoin at Walmart, and that the system is simply overloaded with hundreds of thousands of newbs, and with hundreds of thousands of newbs spending small amounts for a soda, are what has run up the cost of sending coin. Perhaps this is just a way for your vendor to slow the pace of transactions. Bitcoin is not dead, however newbs think bitcoin and their new wallets are like atm machines.
GODLIKE (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:34:21 PM

Bitcoin is not dead. It will become dead if nobody use it,patronized it and continue to earn on it. Just look bitcoin price still high even it drop down. And the value of bitcoin is different from other cryptocurrency,it will not end in just one click.The higher fees and low transaction now is just a cause of hollidays. Most of the people are in rush even in selling their bitcoin that really affect the bitcoin market but i think there is no reason to worry about.

Yes, with "Bitcoin is dead" I mean that if it keeps up with these fees and times and inefficiency, it will be abandoned because there's better stuff around.
Hope now it's clear.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:35:07 PM

Use another faster coin for transactions, Litecoin, Ripple. Bitcoins, use more as an common asset. Today, there is a wide range of ways to get around expensive bitcoin commissions.

I had to take these BTC from my wallet, they were not on an exchange. You can be sure I won't ever use Bitcoin to take money from an exchange.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:36:56 PM

i have to quote myself from another BTC is dead blabla thread:

Right now i sent 1.0 BTC from my electrum wallet to binance exchange. It took 35 minutes and costs 40$... Its not the fastest and cheapest way, but its by far not that bad you all are telling

I am not "telling", I gave you a link.
Click it and watch for yourself the evolution of that transaction, fees included.
I've checked your transaction. 611 sat/B is huge fee, but not enough, still...
According to fork.lol the average (!) tx fee is around 1000 sat/B:

That's unbelievable, I have't seen such high fee ever...
https://fork.lol/tx/fee
I usually check the fees before sending out a transaction, but now I won't send any transaction, for sure.
There's no possible need for me that can justify to start a transaction with a kind of fee, I'll sit and wait to let the dust settle...
I'm sorry for your transaction, I have already tried to accelerate your previous 3.05 BTC tx but in vain, ViaBTC is full, everybody is pushing the button to accelerate the transactions...

LOL I tried also to raise the fee of my second transaction, and the Bitcoin Core Wallet popped a window saying that the fee cannot be raised.
The network is simply blocked.

GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:37:41 PM

Being upset on transaction delay and higher fee is understandable but just think about it,, what is happening b hind it?.. Does this really meant to be like this or someone is manipulating this delays for an obvious purposes.. We can’t deny that miners support forking many times.. I just leave it there and I don’t want to add more details about what I think is happening now.. I will not leave bitcoin just because of this and that’s for sure..

I suspect the team behind BCH is spamming the BTC network.

Diggity94

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:39:16 PM

Bitcoin fees are ridiculous, but BTC is not going anywhere but up in price over next few years.
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:40:00 PM

Bitcoin has died 217 times

From BitcoinObituaries.com | Bitcoin Declared Dead 140+ Times and Counting
https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

I know this better than you, much probably.
And yet, I feel this is the right time, because all the other times anyone has written a Bitcoin obituary, it was for stupid reasons.
Here we have a network that is completely unusable = the technology is dead.
Switch to Byteball.

OP...I am so tired of of all the hate, and yes you are peddling hate. It is the holiday season and I’m quite sure there are millions of transactions just like yours out there have you ever considered the fact that the reason for the absorbantly high fee is due to people spending 0.00032 bitcoin at Walmart, and that the system is simply overloaded with hundreds of thousands of newbs, and with hundreds of thousands of newbs spending small amounts for a soda, are what has run up the cost of sending coin. Perhaps this is just a way for your vendor to slow the pace of transactions. Bitcoin is not dead, however newbs think bitcoin and their new wallets are like atm machines.

You don't know what you are talking about. People are not spending 0.00032 BTC because they should pay 0.002 BTC in fees.
And I'm not exactly a newbie, here you can see some of my articles: https://cointelegraph.com/authors/marco-e-g-maltese
Bye.

fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:44:15 PM

Average transaction fee right now is $40. That makes it untenable for any purchases below about $2,000. Imagine how bad this is going to get at BTC $100k and BTC $1M. You'll be looking at $4000 in fees just to do a transaction!
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:46:35 PM

Pushing people to support byteball? Bitcoin isn't dead and will never be dead, confirmations are taking so long because people are still buying it and there's a big demand on it so there's no doubt that bitcoin is still kicking and alive. The fact about bitcoin as a way to transfer payments and we are all inconveniently accepting these high fees and it's everyone's problem that we've been dealing with it. But wait for it, lightning network will settle everything and bitcoin will be great again.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Sukut

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:48:29 PM

They gotta find a solution or 2018 will be the year that we watch the rise of the faster coins with lower fees.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:48:09 PM

Having high fee and not getting any confirmation within 2 hours are not a reason for me to call Bitcoin dead. Few months ago i had a transaction that took 72hours before it reflects to my account, i panic of course but from that time i learned that as long as your transaction is already in the blockchain just waiting for confirmation that is good already and i just have to wait til it reflects to my account.
pushkarmore

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:48:45 PM

Of course, the increasing capacity cannot meet up with the demand but that does not mean bitcoin is dead. For making the bitcoin dead each and every participant, developers, promoters and It's total community support has to die and then bitcoin will be dead for sure. I can understand that is some lack of development present over there, but I hope for the best and I expect that there will be some improvement soon seen here.
GODLIKE (OP)

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:48:04 AM

Pushing people to support byteball? Bitcoin isn't dead and will never be dead, confirmations are taking so long because people are still buying it and there's a big demand on it so there's no doubt that bitcoin is still kicking and alive. The fact about bitcoin as a way to transfer payments and we are all inconveniently accepting these high fees and it's everyone's problem that we've been dealing with it. But wait for it, lightning network will settle everything and bitcoin will be great again.

"Never"... that word should NEVER be used.
Byteball is a RADICALLY different algorithm that solves the problem of scalability at the base.
Sure, it needs extensive testing, but it deserves to be tested.
Bitcoin on the other hand has reached AGAIN a complete congestion time, and its network is probably under spam attack.
This exposes an intolerable weakness.
And if you know how the LN works, you understand that it won't be the final solution either.
In case you don't know how the LN works, here's an interesting article: https://medium.com/@homakov/why-lightning-and-raiden-networks-will-not-work-d1880e4bc294
And no I am not "pushing" for Byteball, I have invested on around 30 altcoins, and IOTA uses a similar Network Algorithm.
I am not here to make advertising, just saying mine after showing that there's something wrong going on in Bitcoin, and believe me, I'm really sorry for this, but it seems it took too long to Bitcoin to change and update its protocol, and it's making the end of Netscape: didn't keep up with competition and evolution of the technology.
Oh, and the price is tanking and my 4 BTC are stuck in shit and I can't exchange them.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:33:02 AM

"Never"... that word should NEVER be used.
Byteball is a RADICALLY different algorithm that solves the problem of scalability at the base.
Sure, it needs extensive testing, but it deserves to be tested.
Bitcoin on the other hand has reached AGAIN a complete congestion time, and its network is probably under spam attack.
This exposes an intolerable weakness.
And if you know how the LN works, you understand that it won't be the final solution either.
In case you don't know how the LN works, here's an interesting article: https://medium.com/@homakov/why-lightning-and-raiden-networks-will-not-work-d1880e4bc294
And no I am not "pushing" for Byteball, I have invested on around 30 altcoins, and IOTA uses a similar Network Algorithm.
I am not here to make advertising, just saying mine after showing that there's something wrong going on in Bitcoin, and believe me, I'm really sorry for this, but it seems it took too long to Bitcoin to change and update its protocol, and it's making the end of Netscape: didn't keep up with competition and evolution of the technology.
Oh, and the price is tanking and my 4 BTC are stuck in shit and I can't exchange them.
Why shouldn't I use the word never? I'm a bitcoin believer and there's nothing wrong for me to say that thing. And you can also use that with byteball. I have nothing against byteball and I have witnessed it great gains for the whole time. Every coin that will experience congestion means that they are crowded and look on how ETH is experiencing that thing too and it can possibly happen to other alts too. Every time there are problems that are existing and there's a solution coming up for it, that may not be the final solution but always there will be.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
inturist

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:39:59 AM

Yeah, sell Bitcoin, sell all bitcoins that you have. Smart guys will buy it from you  Wink
Panic is needed so that people start selling bitcoin and whales have bought it a cheaper price.  Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: