Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:44:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is DEAD  (Read 2449 times)
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:50:57 PM

Because you're having a bad experience with the chain, you're calling this coin dead? Feel free to send me your 4BTC then brah. I'll gladly take them off your hands.

As @xnpu mentioned above, there is a throttling that is happening right now, and it's due to people discovering Bitcoin for the first time, and undoubtedly some spamming going on by haters against BTC. Is it unfortunately that the network can be attacked and become vulnerable due to spam? Absolutely. Does that mean that Bitcoin is dead? Nope. That's just spreading fud, and it's only hurting the industry.

Im heard about this thing. There are people who are sending BTC accidentally with low transactions in order for the network to be congested.
But that is not the problem, what they are mumbling about is that BTC must improve its transactions speed and lower its fees or else BTC will or not an efficient form of payment. We can tell as for this moment that the developers have nothing or can't do a thing right now and that's why some people are turning into the alternatives.
At the opening I feel you sometimes because I've been holding some BTC too and what is happening right now is really unhealthy both for time and wallet.

But still we have some hope left, ever heard of the lighting network that is currently under development?
If they succeed on making that, then Im seeing BTC at a million dollar.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:19:52 PM

Of course, nobody wants it to be this way, but unfortunately the high volumes are high sums.And the market conditions Unfortunately this is going to be the only thing we are going to do is to stop supporting a bit, but I do not know what will happen anymore, but if you go this Bitcoin will really die.
nipponbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:41:00 PM

The price of crypto should be related with the level of trust to it, I think.

The BTC is most trusted cryptocurrency now. The technical details are in the background.

People don't like to think much about technical details. Until some really big troubles, like money lost, will happen because of this.
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:05:47 PM

we all are here in the same problem, but I don't think bitcoin will die just because transaction fees are very high.. if you want to sell your bitcoin, that's your chooice. I think there is still hope that transaction fees will go down again..
RobertoMakeli

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:08:43 PM

how can BTC die?Huh hundred billion $ invest in BTC whole world, what make you think that???
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:15:05 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't the "wait and see" strategy a good solution?

These fees are indeed completely incredible but it may change.. Especially is everyone stops making money transfer as long as they are that high...

Regarding your alternative.. I'm sorry to say that but it cannot be a solution. The problem will be the same in a while..

s0beit

Activity: 556
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:17:38 PM

I've been through worst, I had a transaction a month ago and it took almost a week before I got my bitcoin from another wallet. Well, developers and miners should do something about it since bitcoin transaction fee is getting more expensive and yet a lot of transactions are delayed.
lucid_guy

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:26:00 PM

###################### WARNING ABOUT CRYPTOS ########################
The 2008 financial crisis caused 500,000 CANCER DEATHS!!!
  (If any doubt, just do your own research).

9/11 WAS ### A JOKE ### IN COMPARISON

Who is mainly RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CRIME? #### BANKERS ####
Have they been to JAIL? #### NO ####
WHY? JUST THINK.

##### NEVER FORGET THESE INNOCENT 500,000 VICTIMS WHO SUFFERED BEFORE DYING ##### (LIKE SHOAH)

Now, bankers & central banks are afraid to lose their jobs because of cryptos,
so they try to scare governments about:

1) their FIAT currency
2) losing control and power
3) losing taxes revenues

What they currently do is create ARTIFICIAL HUGE VOLATILITY on cryptos (they have enough funds for that).
They want an EXCUSE to "protect" investors.

In reality, they just want to take CONTROL (REGULATIONS OR BAN)

They also SCARE PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIAS, PRESS, OR TV (CNBC for instance).

DO NOT LET THEM F#CK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ONCE MORE.

WE DON'T NEED ALL THESE MOTHERF#CKERS ANYMORE.

===> ACCEPT CRYPTO PAYMENTS FOR ANYTHING INSTEAD OF FIAT. BUY MORE CRYPTOS. <===

NOW YOU KNOW. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. THANKS
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:51:40 PM

A couple days ago I posted here because of a transaction stuck in the void for which I paid 30 dollars fee.
Now, one hour ago, I sent a transaction with a 130 dollars fee.
ONE HOUR, STILL ZERO TRANSACTIONS, 130 DOLLARS FEE.
I'm sorry to write this, but Bitcoin is DEAD.
I've been a defender of it up until now, but we've gone too far.
Who the hell is going to buy Bitcoin when the word will spread?
When people will try to get their Bitcoins from the exchanges, they'll meet this reality, and Bitcoin will be dead in DAYS, after the word will begin spreading.
Just please don't go on BCH, let's try to move onto better technologies like Byteball.
BTW can anyone tell me what should I pay to move my Bitcoins now?
I have now 4 Bitcoins stuck in the void.

I think these happen because of bitcoin hard fork. I have read that there are many hard fork on this month of December. Don't you worry because bitcoin is not dead, bitcoin is still alive and no other currency can replace it because it is very strong cryptocurrency compare to other cryptos.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:08:36 PM

I have sat through at least 208 "bitcoin is dead" its just funny to me now, are we on 217 or 218 now?

at most I would say bitcoin is in bad shape and is in need of a way to recover its speed, I have about 8 transactions that have anywhere from a week to a month of no conformations (and yes I have paid fee) and fed up of the crap alts tied onto the true coin (IMO) I am happy buying up some every time price is low.
chuckblocker

Activity: 126
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:15:20 PM

pending
$244.89
?
Pending:0/3confirmations
Value when Sent
:
$373.35

will get 100$ out at this rate, so bad
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:24:00 PM

Pushing people to support byteball? Bitcoin isn't dead and will never be dead, confirmations are taking so long because people are still buying it and there's a big demand on it so there's no doubt that bitcoin is still kicking and alive. The fact about bitcoin as a way to transfer payments and we are all inconveniently accepting these high fees and it's everyone's problem that we've been dealing with it. But wait for it, lightning network will settle everything and bitcoin will be great again.

"Never"... that word should NEVER be used.
Byteball is a RADICALLY different algorithm that solves the problem of scalability at the base.
Sure, it needs extensive testing, but it deserves to be tested.
Bitcoin on the other hand has reached AGAIN a complete congestion time, and its network is probably under spam attack.
This exposes an intolerable weakness.
And if you know how the LN works, you understand that it won't be the final solution either.
In case you don't know how the LN works, here's an interesting article: https://medium.com/@homakov/why-lightning-and-raiden-networks-will-not-work-d1880e4bc294
And no I am not "pushing" for Byteball, I have invested on around 30 altcoins, and IOTA uses a similar Network Algorithm.
I am not here to make advertising, just saying mine after showing that there's something wrong going on in Bitcoin, and believe me, I'm really sorry for this, but it seems it took too long to Bitcoin to change and update its protocol, and it's making the end of Netscape: didn't keep up with competition and evolution of the technology.
Oh, and the price is tanking and my 4 BTC are stuck in shit and I can't exchange them.
Why shouldn't I use the word never? I'm a bitcoin believer and there's nothing wrong for me to say that thing. And you can also use that with byteball. I have nothing against byteball and I have witnessed it great gains for the whole time. Every coin that will experience congestion means that they are crowded and look on how ETH is experiencing that thing too and it can possibly happen to other alts too. Every time there are problems that are existing and there's a solution coming up for it, that may not be the final solution but always there will be.
If someone dead then its mean he is dead because dead has no roll left in world and bitcoin is still alive and its playing a very big role in countries day by day its users are going to increased and today I check the price of bitcoin its price is very high so its totally wrong information about bitcoin is one of the fast growing currency in market and in next year bitcoin will be accepted by some countries because world need bitcoin.
jilsaya

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:34:08 PM

And there we go again. All the people that bought the ath are freaking out and the media is labeling this as a 'black friday'. Has anyone had a look at the charts and zoomed out a bit? All coins are still way above the USD value they had a month ago, some even are still double. I was waiting for a correction so I could fill my bags a bit. So yeah, I'd be fine if it dumped a bit more even  Grin
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:35:59 PM

No doubt that transaction fees is such a mess right now . My bitcoin are also trapped in my wallet because i simply cannot sell them using that shitty transaction fees. Just waiting for the things to get better . I hope it does . The forks have been in talk for a long long time now , I don't know when something is actually going to save bitcoin from turning into a complete mess and proving all the opportunities right .
EMINeMxShOw

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:39:24 PM

Well That's great I can see BTC between 9K to 10K which is healthy start for 2018!
and it's great that all these issues were here as for now So developers know better d next steps to do therefore making BTC always the best and 4ever!
Actually it's the best times to buy NOW!!

And it's not dead BUT it's just the START Wink Cool
Remember my words  Grin
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:43:49 PM

Bitcoin will not die! The problems with processing transactions and high duties will not be compared with the profit that bitkoin and other altcoins give.

73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:45:40 PM

It certainly can never be taken seriously with the current fees and wait times even when you pay a decent fee.
But that doesn't mean it's dead. It does mean core better gets off it's a$$ and do something meaningful.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:50:13 PM

As far as I know there's a trading company that have been hacked which affected a lot of bitcoin volume. Bitcoin is not yet dead, you knew it. It is unstable. Yet, there's still a huge possibility that it will be back next year kicking the market again.
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:58:34 PM

bitcoin core knows about network scalability at summer, and nothing to do for the moment.
Yes he win segwit2x by supporting community, but it cant be continuing ever. If he nothing to do something big btc can be die

coinoberg

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

Get your share of the future

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:20:08 PM

As far as I know there's a trading company that have been hacked which affected a lot of bitcoin volume. Bitcoin is not yet dead, you knew it. It is unstable. Yet, there's still a huge possibility that it will be back next year kicking the market again.

The main reason for today's drop was some billionaires tricked us (retail traders) by making us to think that is time to sell. Most probably they are accumulating their bitcoins now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: