Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is DEAD  (Read 2449 times)
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:23:34 PM

Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency that you need to hold. Not to work with it, that's my point of view. Working with Ehereum is much better Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ritot

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:28:06 PM

As far as I know there's a trading company that have been hacked which affected a lot of bitcoin volume. Bitcoin is not yet dead, you knew it. It is unstable. Yet, there's still a huge possibility that it will be back next year kicking the market again.

The main reason for today's drop was some billionaires tricked us (retail traders) by making us to think that is time to sell. Most probably they are accumulating their bitcoins now.
In any case, we will always be deceived. Because we are not billionaires. With this fight is useless, just adjusting.

lucas.zimmer

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:31:25 PM

As far as I know there's a trading company that have been hacked which affected a lot of bitcoin volume. Bitcoin is not yet dead, you knew it. It is unstable. Yet, there's still a huge possibility that it will be back next year kicking the market again.

The main reason for today's drop was some billionaires tricked us (retail traders) by making us to think that is time to sell. Most probably they are accumulating their bitcoins now.
In any case, we will always be deceived. Because we are not billionaires. With this fight is useless, just adjusting.

Unfortunately you are right, they will always trick us and they will always play with our fear and greed which all the markets consist of. Only think we can do is to have a better risk management so we don't die even if we get some harm. 

blitz18

Activity: 248

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:34:59 PM

The bitcoin price it reaches all time high when that happen there is always a correction to dump the value. In this situation most sell their hodlings or maybe into altcoins to take profit. It aways happen like this pump and dump, but it not dead. Price is will go to go up soon.
Sub1

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:45:45 PM

I agree, wholeheartedly with Josh Rotman. His answer to this Quora question appears near this one. He also wrote this article: Bitcoin Price is taking a 30% dive, I wouldn't be worried for the long run. I wrote a similar article on the temporary d.
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:21:31 PM

No. Bitcoin stay for a thousand years

Man I hope so that would be freaking awesome. But I did read now that the mempool is getting smaller which means unconfirmed transactions should be a lot less and those transactions should have gone through now or soon. That said though I agree the fees are getting ridiculous and now I trade much less than before due to this, something does need to be done. https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size

btcmayumana

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:07:17 PM

How this is frustrated when price going to fall, there is nothing we can do either selling Btc or convert altcoin to Btc.
I have got same problem, sending Eth from MEW to exchanges has been takes 2 days, but still not received.
BTW can anyone tell me what should I pay to move my Bitcoins now?
For now only https://pushtx.btc.com it's still working i guess, since this is connect to mempool.
lemonpc

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:10:13 PM

bitcoin will live on, if you're not patient you might consider giving up coffee
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:14:08 PM

Bitcoin never die. It is the king, king never die. If it die, all altcoin will die. remember this. Maybe it will be no more hot, because it's old now, its tech is old. others coins can be more good. 
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:17:48 PM

Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency that you need to hold. Not to work with it, that's my point of view. Working with Ehereum is much better Cheesy

Among the all trollers of bitcoin here in the forum. I can see most of the people supporting bitcoin users and bitcoin in the price aspects and other financial vise versa. Understand that there will reason when the time we find the dump or bump. I am not sure all the people in the forum or the continuous news worms about bitcoin and blockchain implementation related news. That will help to know that whether it is a perfect bump or dump. You need loose fund like changing worst coins and in the name of transaction fees and all. 
Vanilla-swap

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:21:52 PM

REMEMBER

IN THIS CRASH

No more COINS ARE BEEN CREATED

ONLY FIAT MONEY
Dreamr

Activity: 263

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:24:09 PM

A couple days ago I posted here because of a transaction stuck in the void for which I paid 30 dollars fee.
Now, one hour ago, I sent a transaction with a 130 dollars fee.
ONE HOUR, STILL ZERO TRANSACTIONS, 130 DOLLARS FEE.
I'm sorry to write this, but Bitcoin is DEAD.
I've been a defender of it up until now, but we've gone too far.
Who the hell is going to buy Bitcoin when the word will spread?
When people will try to get their Bitcoins from the exchanges, they'll meet this reality, and Bitcoin will be dead in DAYS, after the word will begin spreading.
Just please don't go on BCH, let's try to move onto better technologies like Byteball.
I have now 4 Bitcoins stuck in the void.
Sorry to hear your bad experience about bitcoin. Bitcoin higher transaction fee and very slow transaction speed are the only reasons why bitcoin will die. Too bad for us as we are going to see the end of our precious bitcoin.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:25:51 PM

BTC has always been unstable. This will not change. Most of the savings I hold are just ETH. I only regret that I did not exchange for btc in August when the price was 1600 $ ...
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:15:36 PM

Oh please, don't call Bitcoin dead because we didn't make it to solve the scalability problem in time. Bitcoin developers still haven't introduced full support for SegWit transactions. I wouldn't be surprised if Lightning Network went live before the next update of Bitcoin Core which is scheduled somewhere around May. Bitcoin has a great potential and we can't get rid of it, not yet. If we declared our defeat, banks would be content and become confident of themselves.
Coyoteerex09

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:36:23 AM

The upcoming network revamp could fix the problems right now in bitcoin. I just hope that it will be implemented immediately, so that everyone of us can benefit from it.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:42:23 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 03:54:41 AM by marcbitcoins

A couple days ago I posted here because of a transaction stuck in the void for which I paid 30 dollars fee.
Now, one hour ago, I sent a transaction with a 130 dollars fee.
ONE HOUR, STILL ZERO TRANSACTIONS, 130 DOLLARS FEE.
I'm sorry to write this, but Bitcoin is DEAD.
I've been a defender of it up until now, but we've gone too far.
Who the hell is going to buy Bitcoin when the word will spread?
When people will try to get their Bitcoins from the exchanges, they'll meet this reality, and Bitcoin will be dead in DAYS, after the word will begin spreading.
Just please don't go on BCH, let's try to move onto better technologies like Byteball.
I have now 4 Bitcoins stuck in the void.

If it will become dead then it will rise up again from the grave of blockchain. Bitcoin and other altcoins are rising up now and we must used to it that there are sometimes that there are always a manipulation attempt to destroy bitcoin and other digital currencies because of conflict to their businesses. This corrections are another failed attempt they are wasting their money.
ceyceyki

Activity: 126

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:46:48 AM

I dont understand why after corrections people start to say 'Bitcoin is dead'? Because of fee? If it goes up too much that is normal! Bitcoin has problems and everybody knows that. Thats why they do forks. Bitcoin is gold of cryptocurriencies. Just hold it.

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:08:20 AM

I dont understand why after corrections people start to say 'Bitcoin is dead'? Because of fee? If it goes up too much that is normal! Bitcoin has problems and everybody knows that. Thats why they do forks. Bitcoin is gold of cryptocurriencies. Just hold it.

The OP has some valid points fees and transaction latency are  killing Bitcoin. With that high of a fee they will switch to another alt that is faster and cheaper. To be honest now I do not use Bitcoin for transaction because it is really expensive.

Right now blockchain can't keep up with the transaction and if we do not see any permanent solution people will get tired of Bitcoin and move to another coin.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:25:32 AM

Come on dev do not make us cry  Cry at least give us a little spirit. Almost all altcoin are affected, all altcoin prices dropped. Just pray, hopefully tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or maybe bitcoin is still waiting for the new year to rise again.
TeLlMeFrY

Activity: 392

Spanish Translator

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:32:10 AM

Probably most of the people who are investing right now is because they want to get riches pretty fast. They heard by their friends or on the news that bitcoin is a great investment and so they decided to bet their savings in bitcoin. However, most of them don´t know how the currency works. And it´s a big problem, because when these people get to know the problems that you mentioned, it could be end up being a bubble.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: